The diet of creation

Here's an odd one for you. Nutritionally, do you need to consume anything in particular in order to write, be it alcohol, food, drugs, or that old staple, caffeine?

And have you ever found that a healthy diet turns you into a work/exercise zombie, with the personality of a Bondi hipster, who craves kale, and thinks beards are a good idea?

I have no interest in sugar, but if I don't consume it, my brain is content to watch Netflix. Without doing anything else. This concerns me.

Hmmm. Maybe that's why my output has been so low. I'm not eating enough greens.

Caffeine for sure. I tend to eat a healthy diet pretty much always. Although I'm not really into kale but my diet is mainly plant based. I do eat cheese and occasionally meat.

Along those same lines, I think exercise does help. I keep some weights near my computer so I can take little breaks and get up to use them. I also dance a lot.

I usually write right after breakfast, with a second (or third) cup of tea by my side. I've also upped my milk intake during the Geek Pride day event. I'm certain that extra shot of calcium did wonders for my writing.

Caffeine for sure. I tend to eat a healthy diet pretty much always. Although I'm not really into kale but my diet is mainly plant based. I do eat cheese and occasionally meat.

Along those same lines, I think exercise does help. I keep some weights near my computer so I can take little breaks and get up to use them. I also dance a lot.

Huh. Me too! Oddly, I have a passion for crunches. Nothing quite like painful abs to make you feel alive. And I'm chair-dancing to Deadmau5 right now.

But healthy food just kills my creativity. Stone dead.

I usually write right after breakfast, with a second (or third) cup of tea by my side. I've also upped my milk intake during the Geek Pride day event. I'm certain that extra shot of calcium did wonders for my writing.

Heh, someone was telling me yesterday over brunch that milk is apparently the new liquid evil. Something about stripping calcium instead of giving it to you, and everyone being secretly lactose intolerant...

Don't drink it myself, but plenty of people seem to, and survive. I use almond milk on my cereal. I just don't like the taste of real milk.

Heh, someone was telling me yesterday over brunch that milk is apparently the new liquid evil. Something about stripping calcium instead of giving it to you, and everyone being secretly lactose intolerant...

Don't drink it myself, but plenty of people seem to, and survive. I use almond milk on my cereal. I just don't like the taste of real milk.

Well, fuck. I'm allergic to almonds in any form, so all that super-healthy almond flour and almond milk stuff would literally kill me. Never had issues with milk or cheese though.

Since when? Cold pizza and warm beer, the breakfast of champions.

THANK YOU! HAH!

tumblr_llatanJkKU1qbnthu.gif

I smoke two joints in the morning, I smoke two joints at night. I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright...
And if you get nineties alt references, I thank you sir :D

Here's an odd one for you. Nutritionally, do you need to consume anything in particular in order to write, be it alcohol, food, drugs, or that old staple, caffeine?

And have you ever found that a healthy diet turns you into a work/exercise zombie, with the personality of a Bondi hipster, who craves kale, and thinks beards are a good idea?

I have no interest in sugar, but if I don't consume it, my brain is content to watch Netflix. Without doing anything else. This concerns me.

I chug down massive amounts of iced coffee when I'm writing. Oh, wait, I do that when I'm not writing as well.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I'd started writing when I was doing all that cocaine. I bet I'd have written 50,000 words a day. 50,000 words of worthless crap.

I chug down massive amounts of iced coffee when I'm writing. Oh, wait, I do that when I'm not writing as well.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I'd started writing when I was doing all that cocaine. I bet I'd have written 50,000 words a day. 50,000 words of worthless crap.

Christ I can't write on any kind of coke analogue. I can work but i can't create. Makes my thinking too linear.

I'll say it again, Mr Clearwater: pizza is not a breakfast food.

Lemon Meringue Pie is. With poached eggs on toast and coffee. The perfect way to start the day. And kick start one's writing. Best consumed at three in the morning. And yes, I have done this.

Lemon Meringue Pie is. With poached eggs on toast and coffee. The perfect way to start the day. And kick start one's writing. Best consumed at three in the morning. And yes, I have done this.

Now that sounds like a successful recipe for creation to me.

Used to be caffeine all day and wine all night. This was back in the olden days when I was an active writer on this site and was publishing with online houses. Now I've cut back on everything. One cup of coffee. One glass of wine (it's a pretty big glass). I actually like kale and all healthy foods, and in fact I work in the nutrition field. now I write only for my own entertainment and I no longer seek input from others. And I'm definitely more productive and more creative, and less neurotic, than I was back then. Maybe it's the encroachment of middle age. Maybe it's the healthy diet and lifestyle. Maybe it's avoiding all social media and any kind of self promotion.

Huh. Me too! Oddly, I have a passion for crunches. Nothing quite like painful abs to make you feel alive. And I'm chair-dancing to Deadmau5 right now.

But healthy food just kills my creativity. Stone dead.

I chair dance too!

Dark chocolate and black coffee. :eek: I think I see a trend going on here.

Used to be caffeine all day and wine all night. This was back in the olden days when I was an active writer on this site and was publishing with online houses.

I can write, or drink, but not both. Writing has pretty much removed most of the drinking opportunities from my life.

Now I've cut back on everything. One cup of coffee. One glass of wine (it's a pretty big glass). I actually like kale and all healthy foods, and in fact I work in the nutrition field. now I write only for my own entertainment and I no longer seek input from others. And I'm definitely more productive and more creative, and less neurotic, than I was back then.

I don't think I could be more productive, but I could definitely be healthier. Less neurotic... hmmm. A pipe dream. :D

Dark chocolate and black coffee. :eek: I think I see a trend going on here.

A man after my own heart. I just wished I enjoyed eating the junk food. You know those protein bars, fruit balls - all those things that are supposedly full of natural sugars and healthy energy? They make me feel like crap. I wonder if it's possible for a brain to require refined sugar, rather than be poisoned by it?

Oh. Maybe I'm a mutant...

...one of the special ones...

...Sugar-Boy...

'And have you ever found that a healthy diet turns you into a work/exercise zombie, with the personality of a Bondi hipster, who craves kale, and thinks beards are a good idea?'

No - never, ever.

Oat milk is where it's at. For me, anyway. Or beer. Yes, beer also works

Back