Hooray for Scott Walker!

You've been wrong on every single prediction thus far (Nunes, Gianforte, Mueller indictments and pleas). Let's wait and see.

He might even run for the Senate. There is a Dem. incumbent up for reelection this year, and he could probably win the nomination. He has the name recognition to challenge her, but maybe not successfully.

ETA: He's not quite 48 years old, which is young to retire, and running for the Senate would be in keeping with what he has been quoted as saying. https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-declines-apos-ll-170207034.html

Confused how he would run in 2018 only to "not stay in Congress past 2018." I'm sure that's why I made the prediction I did.

I read that as meaning he won't stay in after serving the term he will win in November 2018. It is almost February, after all. Ryan is too conscientious a politician to wait to the last minute to withdraw from the race and leave his party scurrying for a replacement, despite what the article below suggests. If he was seriously considering not running, there would be some buzz by now with possible GOP replacements jockeying for position.

He might even run for the Senate. There is a Dem. incumbent up for reelection this year, and he could probably win the nomination. He has the name recognition to challenge her, but maybe not successfully.

ETA: He's not quite 48 years old, which is young to retire, and running for the Senate would be in keeping with what he has been quoted as saying. https://www.yahoo.com/news/paul-ryan-declines-apos-ll-170207034.html

He won't be running for Senate this term. The race for the Republican nomination has already settled into a two-person contest between a very conservative experienced politician, State Senator Leah Vukmir, and an apparently conservative Marine veteran and businessman who has never held a political office, Kevin Nicholson.

They are both formidable candidates, although Nicholson has some baggage. He is a Democrat-turned-Republican with ties to Steve Bannon. Therefore, my money is on Vukmir getting the nomination.

You've been wrong on every single prediction thus far (Nunes, Gianforte, Mueller indictments and pleas). Let's wait and see.

I haven't made a prediction on this thread, only speculation and comments. I don't live in WI, but I was raised there, in Racine Co., and still have family in the area.

RE: Paul Ryan

He won't be running for Senate this term. The race for the Republican nomination has already settled into a two-person contest between a very conservative experienced politician, State Senator Leah Vukmir, and an apparently conservative Marine veteran and businessman who has never held a political office, Kevin Nicholson.

They are both formidable candidates, although Nicholson has some baggage. He is a Democrat-turned-Republican with ties to Steve Bannon. Therefore, my money is on Vukmir getting the nomination.

Reince Priebus was all over Wisconsin radio today formally endorsing Leah Vukmir for the Senate nomination. There is no way he would be doing that if there was any chance Paul Ryan might run for the seat. I also fully expect Ryan will run at least one more time for his current seat in the House. I could see him running for Ron Johnson's Senate seat in 2020, assuming Johnson retires after his current term, as is expected.

This was an eye-popper

Michael Screnock Worked to Defend Gov. Scott Walker’s Agenda in Court, Now Team Walker Campaigns for Screnock’s Supreme Court Race

“Before his recent appointment to the bench by Gov. Walker, Michael Screnock was on the payroll of the legal team defending Gov. Walker’s divisive policies in court and working to rig state Senate and Assembly district lines to give Republicans an unfair advantage,” commented One Wisconsin Now Research Director Joanna Beilman-Dulin. “Now, it’s Walker’s team working to elect Screnock.”

One Wisconsin Now’s review of Screnock’s spending in his most recent campaign finance report found that, other than a payment processing service and bank charges, every disbursement reported is to a vendor or consultant connected to Scott Walker’s campaign team. The consultants connected to Walker, now working for Screnock, include

SCM Associates:

SCM advertises themselves as “ … an award-winning, fully integrated Republican fundraising, marketing, and direct-response firm specializing in direct mail, telemarketing, and email services for fundraising and political purposes.” Based in New Hampshire, the GOP firm has serviced Scott Walker’s gubernatorial campaign and his 71-day presidential campaign. Screnock paid SCM over $13,300 since August 2017.

http://onewisconsinnow.org/press/team-michael-screnock-team-scott-walker/

(Oh! What a surprise! Koch brothers operatives are involved.)

At Least We're Back to Discussing Gov. Walker

This was an eye-popper

Michael Screnock Worked to Defend Gov. Scott Walker’s Agenda in Court, Now Team Walker Campaigns for Screnock’s Supreme Court Race

An "eye-popper"? Really?

Political allies work to help each other get elected. What a surprise.

One of the myths in Wisconsin politics is that judicial races, especially for Supreme and Appellate courts, are "nonpartisan." Every Supreme Court race has a Republican-backed candidate against a Democrat-backed candidate. It would be far more honest if the ballots reflected this.

Your "eye-popper" happens in every Wisconsin Supreme Court race, equally by both parties.

*yawn*

"Retiring" from Congress (which I expect he will do by 2020 at the latest, and possibly sooner if the GOP loses control of the House) won't mean sitting on the porch smoking a pipe. He'll start collecting on all the favors he's done for the 1 percent.

"Retiring" from Congress (which I expect he will do by 2020 at the latest, and possibly sooner if the GOP loses control of the House) won't mean sitting on the porch smoking a pipe. He'll start collecting on all the favors he's done for the 1 percent.
Tidy money can be collected in corporate boards, industry councils, think tanks, network commentary, foreign and domestic lobbying, and the speech circuit. Has he any presidential ambitions? Knock off Tromp and Pence soon, and he's the man!

Dark Money’s High Court Candidate

Michael Screnock blows off candidate forums, bets on special interest money.

ewwwww

Ah, this explains why this nasty customer is getting waved through

Senate Republicans throw elections into chaos

GOP witch hunt removes officials that oversee state elections and ethics

Jan 23rd, 2018

Senate Republicans voted to reject the appointments of Elections Administrator Mike Haas and Ethics Administrator Brian Bell despite both administrators receiving reviews of confidence by their bipartisan boards and no evidence of wrong-doing.

“Going into an election year, this move causes utter chaos and uncertainty and Republicans have no plan for what will happen next,” said Senate Democratic Leader Jennifer Shilling (D-La Crosse) County clerks, poll workers and voters need continuity, stability and someone with the training and experience to provide guidance during an election. This is another attempt from Republicans to undermine government accountability and rig the system in their favor.

“Senate Republicans fail to acknowledge that crimes were committed in the Walker administration and their political cronies rightfully went to jail,” said Shilling. “Rather than trying to rewrite the history of their own political scandals, we should be helping working families, investing in our communities and encouraging economic prosperity.”

https://urbanmilwaukee.com/pressrelease/senate-republicans-throw-elections-into-chaos/

Senate Republicans voted to reject the appointments of Elections Administrator Mike Haas and Ethics Administrator Brian Bell despite both administrators receiving reviews of confidence by their bipartisan boards and no evidence of wrong-doing.

Haas and Bell are demonstrated partisans, linked to a fruitless, and now-established as legally baseless, "John Doe" investigation brought by Milwaukee District Attorney John T. Chisholm, a Democrat politician, because, he has been quoted as saying, he did not like how Wisconsin Republicans' fiscal reforms (Act 10), which have saved school districts billions of dollars, upset his wife. This became so bad that a Federal Court had to step in to end Chisholm's widespread abuses of people's Fourth Amendment rights while he supposedly investigated conduct which, that Court pointed out, was perfectly legal and protected by the First Amendment.

I'd like, however, to get this thread back to its original purpose, which is celebrating all the great things Scott Walker has done for Wisconsin. Again, at the time of the last Wisconsin budgeting process, when Walker again cut taxes and increased spending to infrastructure and education, the Left predicted this would lead to terrible deficits. Again, that was wrong.

As I pointed out above:

For those who tried to recall Gov. Walker because he would be a "disaster" for Wisconsin, especially those who predicted his tax cutting (and now the Foxconn development) would ruin our budget:

The Associated Press reports: "The nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau on Wednesday said the current two-year budget that ends on June 30, 2019, will end with a $385 million balance" (emphasis added).

The significance of this is explained:

The Legislative Fiscal Bureau had good news for the State of Wisconsin on Wednesday morning when it announced the state is on track to end the biennium with $137.5 million more in the general fund than originally estimated just four months ago.

In September, when the 2017-19 budget was passed, LFB estimated the state would end the 2019 fiscal year with $247.7 million. Now LFB predicts it will be $385.2 million.​

B. Osmulski, Wisconsin Budget Surplus Expected To Hit $385.2 Million, MacIver Institute (Jan. 17, 2018) (emphasis added).

This is what good government looks like!

In his State of the State address earlier this week, Gov. Walker proposed using that surplus to help Wisconsin's working families.

"In his eighth 'state of the state' address in the Assembly chamber, Walker spoke for more than an hour and called for the $122 million a year child tax credit that would be paid to parents even if they have no state income tax liability."​

J. Stein, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker calls for $122 million child tax credit in 'state of the state' speech, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (Jan. 24, 2018).

He also proposed:

• Using $200 million in state and federal money to stabilize the state's Obamacare insurance market and hold down rising insurance premiums. The governor, a frequent critic of the Affordable Care Act, has said he's seeking state action since Congress has not moved to repeal the law.
  • Committing $50 million by June to expand existing state jobs programs in rural areas under a definition that would include 56 of the state's 72 counties.
  • Providing additional funding for low-spending school districts as well as districts in sparsely populated rural areas.
  • Requiring able-bodied parents of children on food stamps to work or get training to receive more than three months of benefits.
  • Replacing the state's troubled juvenile prison, Lincoln Hills School for Boys, with five regional facilities that would be located closer to the teenage offenders' home communities.

Ibid.

I'll say it again: This is what good government looks like!

And yet, his approval rating is below 50% in the state.

A Google search says its anywhere from 41 - 48%, consistently. That sucks.

I think you need to get the word out!

Haas and Bell are demonstrated partisans, linked to a fruitless, and now-established as legally baseless, "John Doe" investigation brought by Milwaukee District Attorney John T. Chisholm, a Democrat politician, because, he has been quoted as saying, he did not like how Wisconsin Republicans' fiscal reforms (Act 10), which have saved school districts billions of dollars, upset his wife. This became so bad that a Federal Court had to step in to end Chisholm's widespread abuses of people's Fourth Amendment rights while he supposedly investigated conduct which, that Court pointed out, was perfectly legal and protected by the First Amendment.

I'd like, however, to get this thread back to its original purpose, which is celebrating all the great things Scott Walker has done for Wisconsin. Again, at the time of the last Wisconsin budgeting process, when Walker again cut taxes and increased spending to infrastructure and education, the Left predicted this would lead to terrible deficits. Again, that was wrong.

As I pointed out above:

In his State of the State address earlier this week, Gov. Walker proposed using that surplus to help Wisconsin's working families.

"In his eighth 'state of the state' address in the Assembly chamber, Walker spoke for more than an hour and called for the $122 million a year child tax credit that would be paid to parents even if they have no state income tax liability."​

J. Stein, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker calls for $122 million child tax credit in 'state of the state' speech, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (Jan. 24, 2018).

He also proposed:

• Using $200 million in state and federal money to stabilize the state's Obamacare insurance market and hold down rising insurance premiums. The governor, a frequent critic of the Affordable Care Act, has said he's seeking state action since Congress has not moved to repeal the law.
  • Committing $50 million by June to expand existing state jobs programs in rural areas under a definition that would include 56 of the state's 72 counties.
  • Providing additional funding for low-spending school districts as well as districts in sparsely populated rural areas.
  • Requiring able-bodied parents of children on food stamps to work or get training to receive more than three months of benefits.
  • Replacing the state's troubled juvenile prison, Lincoln Hills School for Boys, with five regional facilities that would be located closer to the teenage offenders' home communities.

Ibid.

I'll say it again: This is what good government looks like!

I love ya, Dawnie, but is it really right to give the surplus back to just some taxpayers?

Would it not make more sense to further lower the rates for everyone?

Or maybe put the surplus into even more improvements in education and infrastructure?

And yet, his approval rating is below 50% in the state.

A Google search says its anywhere from 41 - 48%, consistently. That sucks.

I think you need to get the word out!

Don't worry. It's cool. That's been his reported approval rating all through his tenure, but he keeps getting reelected by broad margins.

I love ya, Dawnie, but is it really right to give the surplus back to just some taxpayers?

Would it not make more sense to further lower the rates for everyone?

Or maybe put the surplus into even more improvements in education and infrastructure?

I'd favor any of those.

My main point is that the press and Democrats keep saying his budgets will lead to deficits, but every one has created a surplus.

My main point is that the press and Democrats keep saying his budgets will lead to deficits[/B]

And they do! And it's not just Democrats saying that, it's Scott "Bald Spot" Walker himself.

When he was running for governor in 2010, Walker vowed on his campaign website to "require the use of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to balance every state budget, just as we require every local government and school district to do."

The budget Walker submitted to the Legislature in February balances, as it's required to under state law. But when that same budget is measured using generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, the picture is much different.

With that measurement, the state's true budget deficit would grow to more than $2 billion by 2019 — the largest it's been since 2012.

Ouch! That's some fantastic ownage there. But let's go a step further and point out that the Walkerfare given to a very rich company is so popular it lost a Walker endorsed candidate an election.

Walker also let Foxconn skip on environmental regulations and put local governments on the hook for a whole list of things like road, sewer, and electrical improvements. Foxconn will also be pumping millions of gallons of your water (and polluting it I'm sure) from your lake. They'll also be busy destroying your wetlands, stream beds, and ozone too. Your shitty gov already put you on the hook for $4.5 billion. Let's see what it gets up to after Foxconn destroys everything, assuming they even open their plant.

Walker plucked someone out of that seat because he was so sure it would stay R. Whoops!

But no worries, Dawn O'Dumb has explained/rationalized it alllll away, just like those deficits.

That election was not based on policy, silly, but on the "personality of the candidates." Because, obvs, there wasn't an incumbent running! So naturally, when things are going swimmingly and everyone's happy and the economy is doing smashing (thanks to Governor Walker :heart:) people want to switch parties and put in someone completely the opposite! Get it?

But maybe Dawn O'Dumb is wrong. Maybe WI just doesn't want women to get forced ultrasounds and it was "policy" based.

Ouch! That's some fantastic ownage there. But let's go a step further and point out that the Walkerfare given to a very rich company is so popular it lost a Walker endorsed candidate an election.

The budget Walker submitted to the Legislature in February balances, as it's required to under state law. But when that same budget is measured using generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, the picture is much different.

dan_c00000! You're back! I missed you.

And you're still fun, ignoring the factual record to try to make points. You cite disproved suppositions from a ten month old article, rather than the current facts from a nonpartisan source. Again:

For those who tried to recall Gov. Walker because he would be a "disaster" for Wisconsin, especially those who predicted his tax cutting (and now the Foxconn development) would ruin our budget:

The Associated Press reports: "The nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau on Wednesday said the current two-year budget that ends on June 30, 2019, will end with a $385 million balance" (emphasis added).

The significance of this is explained:

The Legislative Fiscal Bureau had good news for the State of Wisconsin on Wednesday morning when it announced the state is on track to end the biennium with $137.5 million more in the general fund than originally estimated just four months ago....​

B. Osmulski, Wisconsin Budget Surplus Expected To Hit $385.2 Million, MacIver Institute (Jan. 17, 2018) (emphasis added).

Then we're back to Foxconn. You cannot stand it when others do well, can you? I wonder if you realize what that says about you.

But no worries, Dawn O'Dumb has explained....

Oh, good! You've started calling me names. I like that. When someone has to resort to ad hominem attacks, I know I've won.

Oh, you mean like Donnie? If calling people names means you've "lost"--say hello to the Big Blue Wave.

You go, Fruitcake

Oh, good! You've started calling me names. I like that. When someone has to resort to ad hominem attacks, I know I've won.

Oh, you mean like Donnie? If calling people names means you've "lost"--say hello to the Big Blue Wave.

You go, Fruitcake

You cannot maintain an argument when faced with facts and logic, so you resort to calling names.

Thank you for proving my point.

I go away for a few weeks and dawn is still pretending to be a girl on the internet and getting absolutely wrecked in her own thread.

A few final things I'll point out:

1. The MacIver Institute also doesn't use GAAP so it's wrong.
1a. The MacIver Institute is funded by the Koch Bros.
2. Foxconn has promised salaries to average $53,875 or about $2,484 BELOW the the median household income for Racine County.

Yup, clearly I dislike others doing well so much that I just can't hold my tongue when they're making less money, getting robbed blind by an evil corporation (backed by bullshit reports by the even eviler Koch Bros.), and getting their environment destroyed in the process. I wonder what they says about me?

I'm done with this thread now, you can close it.

thread-closed.jpg

1a. The MacIver Institute is funded by the Koch Bros....

It was not the MacIver Institute that said there was a budget surplus, it was the Wisconsin Legislative Fiscal Bureau. Again:

Or are you suggesting that the traditionally left-leaning Associated Press is actually biased for Walker?

Yep, that's what you do when you're losing, you run away.

You just cannot accept that you have been intellectually outclassed by a woman.

Too bad. I was beginning to like you.

More Winning

Gov. Scott Walker has announced plans for a news conference Tuesday afternoon, apparently to talk about Foxconn Technology Group’s choice of the former Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co. building at 611 E. Wisconsin Ave. in downtown Milwaukee as the company’s North American headquarters.

Northwestern Mutual says Foxconn is buying the old, seven-story Northwestern Mutual Life building to serve as its North American headquarters....

M. Burke, Foxconn reportedly picks downtown Milwaukee for HQ, Racine Journal Times (Feb. 5, 2018).

Wisconsin remains a high tax-load state. Gov Walker owns that.

Foxconn has played loose with state money before. Y'all beware.

How much in subsidies will each Foxconn job cost really taxpayers?

Which Wisconsin officials are personally profiting from the deal?

I go away for a few weeks and dawn is still pretending to be a girl on the internet and getting absolutely wrecked in her own thread.

1a. The MacIver Institute is funded by the Koch Bros.
2. Foxconn has promised salaries to average $53,875 or about $2,484 BELOW the the median household income for Racine County.

Yup, clearly I dislike others doing well so much that I just can't hold my tongue when they're making less money, getting robbed blind by an evil corporation (backed by bullshit reports by the even eviler Koch Bros.), and getting their environment destroyed in the process. I wonder what they says about me?

thread-closed.jpg

Maybe you want to close the thread, but I don't believe everybody does.

Did you look at the link you posted? The median Household income for Racine County is $56,359. For many of the households, that consists of two paychecks. The median Per Capita income is $28,436. That means the new jobs will pay almost twice as much as the current jobs in the county.

Back