The Official Weather Thread

I'll happily trade with you. It's currently 16 degrees (-8C). It is not supposed to get this fucking cold here.

No, seriously, this has already been the coldest winter in recent memory. I'm pretty sure the last time it got this cold was when I was in the 3rd grade, and the fucking American Southeast got a foot or more of snow.

Have I mentioned that it's not supposed to get that cold here? Because it's not. :mad:

And also, it's even more brutal because IT WAS 60 DEGREES (15C) YESTERDAY!!!!!

/angry Bunny

I'd happily trade with you. I was melting today when I went to class. Plus, even with sunglasses on, I thought I would go blind. I'm just miserable on summer. I was born in the wrong city...

Snow - oh, how I have missed you!

It's still dark outside, but the snow makes the darkness a lot more tolerable. -10C/14F and snowing more. Great weather. :)

I can't wait for tomorrow, when it's supposed to be sunny and around -5C/23F. It'll be pretty! :)

Weather here does crazy stuff. Saturday was a pretty nice day. 70s/80s with clear skies. Very nice ;)

I was leaving to do my usual routine for Saturday night when Mister got the call to run into work for something. He left and then I did. The day had been great so I left the back windows open. Well, Mister didn't come straight home and that night when he did get home he shot me a text saying the back room was flooded. Beautiful day, random 20 minute sideways down pour during the night.

*sigh* He put a towel on a puddle and then left it. Lol, he said he didn't know where to start. I woke up the next morning and did a cleaning like no other. Strangely, I was happy to clean it and didn't feel annoyed or upset. Just silly for making a bad choice. Lesson learned, though.

Today's weather: 70s during the day, chance of rain and 50s at night. This week we're getting cold snaps so it'll be in the 30s and 40s. ^_^ Sweater weather.

Weather here does crazy stuff. Saturday was a pretty nice day. 70s/80s with clear skies. Very nice ;)

I was leaving to do my usual routine for Saturday night when Mister got the call to run into work for something. He left and then I did. The day had been great so I left the back windows open. Well, Mister didn't come straight home and that night when he did get home he shot me a text saying the back room was flooded. Beautiful day, random 20 minute sideways down pour during the night.

*sigh* He put a towel on a puddle and then left it. Lol, he said he didn't know where to start. I woke up the next morning and did a cleaning like no other. Strangely, I was happy to clean it and didn't feel annoyed or upset. Just silly for making a bad choice. Lesson learned, though.

Today's weather: 70s during the day, chance of rain and 50s at night. This week we're getting cold snaps so it'll be in the 30s and 40s. ^_^ Sweater weather.

Pretty much the same here. 60s today, 40s the rest of the week, and snow on Friday. Why? Because the weather gods hate us, obviously.

Pretty much the same here. 60s today, 40s the rest of the week, and snow on Friday. Why? Because the weather gods hate us, obviously.

I lied. It's going to snow tomorrow AND Friday. :rolleyes:

Today's high was 30Âş F with a "feels-like" high of 18Âş F. Tomorrow's projected high is 51Âş; Thursday's, 34Âş.

Manic-depressive temps, anyone?

Actually, though, that's kind of a good thing: tomorrow is our travel day to start the second variety of chemo, and the weather's going to be pretty much on our side.

First it was constantly dark and raining. Then it was cold and we had snow for a day or so. Now it's cold, dark and raining.

The cat, who thinks I rule the universe, is not very happy with the way I do it.

First it was constantly dark and raining. Then it was cold and we had snow for a day or so. Now it's cold, dark and raining.

The cat, who thinks I rule the universe, is not very happy with the way I do it.

Based on what you say here, you seem to own a particularly unusual cat. Don't they generally think that THEY rule the universe?

Based on what you say here, you seem to own a particularly unusual cat. Don't they generally think that THEY rule the universe?
She does come when I call her and a few other uncatlike things like that - bit unusual I guess.
On the other hand she does seem to think I'm here to rule the universe in her best interest or otherwise she wouldn't give me dirty looks when I fail to get the weather right for her preferences.
Pretty much still a cat.:)

Was talking with my grandmother in Missouri earlier. She was having to have snow shoveled and more coming in on Friday.

Meanwhile, I was sitting in my back yard in short sleeves watching my 14 month old roam around and explore. There are some benefits to living in an arid environment in Southern California.

Of course, I'll be bitching come this summer. It gets into the 110's here easily and I'll be nine months pregnant in July when it hits. Ah well, at least we have air conditioners.

Um, wow. It snowed and actually stuck this time. There are a couple of inches out there, and it's still snowing.

WHAT IS THIS FUCKERY?!?! :mad:

It's 2 degrees F here, so above zero for the first time in 3 days. Schools have been closed both days so far this week. Wusses, every one of 'em.

The weather's been heavenly for weeks now! Light snow so that the ground's white, but there are no rumbling and clanking snowplows out and about every morning. Around -8C/18F and mostly sunny. A bit windy, sure, but I don't even care about it at the moment. Besides it's always windy here.

And because there's so little snow, the sea has frozen over into this glimmering sheet of ice. Hard to walk on, but perfect for ice skating! :)

if i never hear the words 'wind chill factor' again i'd be a happy girl! :mad: i love winter normally but i think i'm done now ... :rolleyes:

Alabama and Georgia have basically shut down over the last day or two because their respective state governments couldn't get their shit together. And everyone on my Facebook who's not originally from here thinks it's fucking hilarious, and it's pissing me off because it's not funny at all.

Har-de-har-har, Southerners can't drive on snow and ice, haha. Aren't you so proud of yourselves for being so fucking clever? :rolleyes:

Edited to add this, in case someone wants to keep laughing: Why The South Fell Apart In The Snow. I particularly liked this line: "But if you're making light of the situation, or more realistically using it to reinforce your view of the South and the people in it as full of backwards blubberers, you are an asshole."

We don't laugh at people in other areas when they get tornadoes once every 100 years--which we get all the damned time--so I really need people to STFU about this.

Last edited:
Weather in MOntreal

I am done with winter. It has been cold it is minus 10 C or 14 F. It it is considered warmer. For the first time in years I have a scarf that has to cover my entire face. I only have one eye showing to see where I am going. And we still have at least 6 more weeks of this.

Baking dry heat here, 1:40 pm Saturday and 42C (107F) with 13% humidity.

I'm on my knees pleading for some rain as my state is the driest state, those in USA can compare it to Arizona perhaps.

All next week offers little or no relief neither does Feb or March for that matter.

Alabama and Georgia have basically shut down over the last day or two because their respective state governments couldn't get their shit together. And everyone on my Facebook who's not originally from here thinks it's fucking hilarious, and it's pissing me off because it's not funny at all.

Har-de-har-har, Southerners can't drive on snow and ice, haha. Aren't you so proud of yourselves for being so fucking clever? :rolleyes:

Edited to add this, in case someone wants to keep laughing: Why The South Fell Apart In The Snow. I particularly liked this line: "But if you're making light of the situation, or more realistically using it to reinforce your view of the South and the people in it as full of backwards blubberers, you are an asshole."

We don't laugh at people in other areas when they get tornadoes once every 100 years--which we get all the damned time--so I really need people to STFU about this.
About 30 years ago I was in Atlanta for a snowstorm that arrived in March. What a lot of northerners forget is that a good chunk of their local taxes go to the tasks of defending against winter. It would be irresponsible for cities in the South to spend as much on winter defense as we do, so they don't. Plus, many people who live in the south have little reason to pay for all-weather tires so much of the "they can't drive in snow" is really about the equipment.
Hope you're getting by ok, Bunny, Nasty, limiting weather is a real bitch no matter the form.

About 30 years ago I was in Atlanta for a snowstorm that arrived in March. What a lot of northerners forget is that a good chunk of their local taxes go to the tasks of defending against winter. It would be irresponsible for cities in the South to spend as much on winter defense as we do, so they don't. Plus, many people who live in the south have little reason to pay for all-weather tires so much of the "they can't drive in snow" is really about the equipment.
Hope you're getting by ok, Bunny, Nasty, limiting weather is a real bitch no matter the form.

Thank you for getting it, my dear. I was just getting really upset at all the mocking that was going on. I mean...I don't even think they sell winter tires in tire stores here. Not that I know of, anyway.

Of course, in true Alabama fashion, it is now 60 degrees outside, so all is well again. Luckily, because I work at home, I didn't have to venture out in the ice earlier this week. I didn't even realize how bad it was until reports of people being stranded started coming in Tuesday afternoon. I thought it was just a little snow on the grass until I realized how badly the roads were icing over. :rolleyes:

Thank you again, both for checking on me and for not laughing at me. :rose:

We are to have not one but two "winter storms" here this week.

I am very angry at the weather gods right now. :mad:

This morning's newspaper weather page promised us a warm-up. With temps in the low 30s later this week. I guess we're supposed to stand, applaud, and sing God Bless America, or something.

Back