So after 6 months of prepping I did it

Gastric sleeve weight loss surgery. Having a rough time right now but I'm already not in need of any bp meds so that alone is enough for me to be happy. A lot of people tried to tell me not to do it but I really do think for once I am sure this was the right thing for me. :cattail:

Congrats! Surgery is scary, but incredibly worthwhile in some instances. Sorry you're feeling a bit rough at the moment.

No bp meds is awesome.

I hope it continues to work for you, KC, and that you recover smoothly and safely.

Congratulations on not needing the meds!
Sending good thoughts for a smooth recovery.

KC, it's so wonderful to "see" you again. :) And I hope you have every possible positive outcome from your surgery; I've seen it change lives (in multiple clients) in amazing ways.

:rose:

Up and around doing things slowly but getting them done. Liquid diet until Thursday then it changes to a full liquid. My son and I have decided to write down recipes we create for the eating changes I am making. In two weeks I will need to blenderize all I eat so we are going to start at that point. 15 down since last tues.

Good for you, KC. :rose:

My brother had the same procedure done about four years ago and he still looks great.

Up and around doing things slowly but getting them done. Liquid diet until Thursday then it changes to a full liquid. My son and I have decided to write down recipes we create for the eating changes I am making. In two weeks I will need to blenderize all I eat so we are going to start at that point. 15 down since last tues.
Your kids are wonderful human beings, no thanks to the sperm donor.

KC, this is cool! :cool: Not only is it great news, it's really something special that you and your son are working together on this. It's a family affair!

You know, a liquid diet doesn't sound too bad, either. I don't know what your system is allowed to eat, but it sounds like some great tasting fruit smoothies are in your immediate future. :D

Good for you, KC. :rose:

My brother had the same procedure done about four years ago and he still looks great.
It is kind of scary watching changes happen so fast. I can see where people go wrong and undo this goodness, and I am told a lot do. I'm determined though, and anyone knows that when kc says she is going to do something it gets done lol. Glad your brother is one of the ones that stuck to the change. :)

Just a little weirdness. I feel a bit exposed today. Almost like a frightened feeling for a few seconds there where my brain didn't like what it saw. I'm guessing these feelings and a bit of not understanding what you are seeing is a normal thing so I am not going to worry about it.

It is kind of scary watching changes happen so fast. I can see where people go wrong and undo this goodness, and I am told a lot do. I'm determined though, and anyone knows that when kc says she is going to do something it gets done lol. Glad your brother is one of the ones that stuck to the change. :)

KC, it's like the client I mentioned in my PM - she had the surgery 4 years ago (shit, I just realized the store closed which means I missed her 4 year anniversary), and the change is amazing. She eats the way she's supposed to, and is in the gym 5 days a week to maintain. The last time I talked to her, she was in school to become a pastry chef (one of her passions). The surgery literally changed her entire outlook on life; it was amazing to be a part of the process.

Your kids are wonderful human beings, no thanks to the sperm donor.
And this blows me away every single day of my life. I am so glad that God allowed them to be mine... and they are the reason I will succeed. Nothing quite like having your own personal cheering section

Was at the end of my rope with clear liquid diet yesterday. Had my pressure taken by one of the nurses and it was 110/70... with no meds for a week. Now that I am re-humbled I am sure I can move on to full liquids and make it another week!

Starting pureed solids on Thursday. cooked lentil soup, chicken soup, turkey tenderloin, chicken in tomato puree (well seasoned), and chicken in veg stock. Still need to cook up the veggies and then puree everything. Bought bowls that hold the right amounts of the stuff I need and I should be good for the next two weeks.
I am eating 1/4 cup of full liquids and have yet to feel hungry unless I wait too long between meals.
This is really very easy to do. :cattail:

Starting pureed solids on Thursday. cooked lentil soup, chicken soup, turkey tenderloin, chicken in tomato puree (well seasoned), and chicken in veg stock. Still need to cook up the veggies and then puree everything. Bought bowls that hold the right amounts of the stuff I need and I should be good for the next two weeks.
I am eating 1/4 cup of full liquids and have yet to feel hungry unless I wait too long between meals.
This is really very easy to do. :cattail:
Yay-yay!

I already have decided that I will not buy anything until my stuff becomes unwearable and then only what I need until I get to next phase. How are you feeling old one?
Old and tired most of the time, but there's some sorta good stuff in the FYC thread, too....

Back