Fox "news" Cannot Be Trusted

Schlank

Really Really Experienced
Let us take a few minutes to discuss Fox news Channel and examine some of the reasons why they can’t be trusted.

There are many different approaches we could take to examine their untrustworthiness, but for this particular discussion we will examine their coverage of the infamous Osama bin Laden.

Back in the 1990’s President Bill Clinton was trying to sound the alarm about al Qaeda and Osama bin Laden, but all Fox news Channel could focus on was Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton’s penis. They even asserted that the August 1998 missile strikes he ordered against al Qaeda training camps in Sudan and Afghanistan were an effort to distract media attention away from Bill Clinton’s penis.

Sean Hannity criticized Clinton in 1998 for launching missile strikes against Al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan, which only narrowly missed killing Bin Laden. Hannity suggested that the timing of the strikes was due to "political motivation" and meant to be a distraction from the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Hannity insisted that Osama bin Laden wasn’t really a threat and that missile strikes against Osama bin Laden were just “wagging the dog.”

Republican Congressman Bob Barr went onto Fox “news” Channel and claimed that the 1998 missile strikes against al Qaeda were “an effort to divert some attention.”

That; of course; was BEFORE the September 11th terrorist attacks, AFTER the September 11th terrorist attacks, the talking heads at Fox news Channel were all accusing Bill Clinton of IGNORING al Qaeda!

Apparently thousands of dead Americans in a major American city, made it hard for Sean Hannity and other paid propagandists at Fox to continue claiming that Bill Clinton’s attempts to kill Osama bin Laden and roll back al Qaeda training camps was “wagging the dog”, so they attempted to rewrite history and claim that Bill Clinton NEVER tried to kill Osama bin Laden and that he NEVER did anything about al Qaeda training camps!

Sean Hannity (who had attacked Bill Clinton for launching missile strikes against al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan back in the 1990’s) tried to blame the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks on Bill Clinton, rather than George W. Bush, making it sound like Bill Clinton had somehow been ignoring Osama bin Laden during his eight years in office.

You see, the truth doesn’t matter to men like Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity is not a journalist. Sean Hannity is a trained attack dog that engages in dishonest assaults against Democrats as standard operating procedure. His job isn’t to report the news. His job is to spread rumor, innuendo and right-wing talking points, in an attempt to delegitimize Democratic leaders.

Hannity and his accomplices even dreamed up a story where the nation of Sudan offered up Osama bin Laden “on a silver platter” if America would simply remove economic sanctions against Sudan.

There has never been any evidence that the nation of Sudan ever made such an offer, and the story has been debunked many times, however Hannity continues to repeat this childish story.

When George W. Bush was in the White House, the stories Fox news told was just as revealing as the stories that they covered up.

An investigative journalist by the name of Greg Palast published an FBI memo that confirmed that the FBI was given orders to lay off the bin Laden family and other Saudi terror suspects during the early months of George W. Bush's rule.

Without these orders to halt investigations, the 9/11 terrorist attacks might have been averted.

Palast published this memo back in 2001, but Fox “news” Channel refused to report on this in any of their “news” broadcasts.

If Fox “news” had reported on this, it would have hurt the reputation of a Republican president, and Fox never does anything that would harm a Republican president. They only do things that will harm Democrats.

When Bush refused to testify under oath before the 9/11 Commission, refused to testify in public and refused to testify without Dick Cheney being there to help him, Fox “news” refused to point out the fact that they were obstructing the commission’s ability to get at the truth.

The executive director of the 9/11 Commission (Philip Zelikow), had conflicts of interest and as such should never have been in charge of the investigation. Zelikow had close ties with the White House and that he tried to influence the final report in ways that the staff often perceived as limiting the Bush administration’s responsibility and furthering its anti-Iraq agenda. This was very relevant news that the American public should have known about, but Fox “news” covered it up.

Zelikow also stopped the Commission staff from submitting a report depicting Rice's and Bush's performance as "amounting to incompetence or something not far from it", but you would never learn about that if you got all of your news from Fox.

The Bush White House attempted to stonewall the creation of the commission and to hamstring its work from the outset. When Bush terrorism "czar" Richard Clarke could no longer be prevented from testifying about his urgent warnings over the summer of 2001 to Rice about the imminent threat of terrorist attack on US soil, White House counsel Alberto Gonzales and his aides feverishly drafted tough questions and phoned them in to Republican commissioners to undermine Clarke's credibility."

Initially Bush refused to establish a 9/11 Commission at all. When the pressure and the demands became too great he eventually authorized the creation of one, however, he imposed a very short deadline on them and he made certain that they had insufficient funds (3 million dollars).

Fox “news” never called Bush out for the way that he hamstrung the 9/11 Commission and they tried to make the case that the Republicans were the only political party that could keep America safe.

In 2002, George W. Bush dismissed Osama bin Laden as unimportant, saying that he “didn’t know” where Osama bin Laden was and that he was “truly am not that concerned about him”.

George W. Bush never brought Osama bin Laden to justice and in 2006, Bush shut down the intelligence unit that had been tasked with hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants since 1996.

The unit, known as Alec Station, had been formed back in 1996, before Osama bin Laden became a household name, back when Bill Clinton was president, and the threats posed by Osama bin Laden were taken seriously.

This should have been HUGE news, but the talking heads at Fox didn’t think that this story was important enough to pay attention to. Bush basically abandoned the hunt for Osama bin Laden, and the paid propagandists at Fox acted as if this wasn’t newsworthy.

However, the story doesn’t end there.

Barack Obama didn’t follow Bush’s example of abandoning the hunt for Osama bin Laden. President Obama authorized America’s intelligence agencies to track down Osama bin Laden’s location and eventually they were able to locate him in a compound in Pakistan.

President Obama chaired a number of National Security Council meetings to discuss an operation to raid bin Laden's compound in an effort to either kill or capture bin Laden. And in 2011, President Obama greenlit the raid that hit Osama bin Laden’s compound and killed Osama bin Laden without the loss of a single American life.

This was HUGE news, and all over the world news outlets celebrated President Obama’s success, however Fox “news” was reluctant to give President Obama credit.

Sean Hannity declared that there was “no way this would have happened, but for the policies of George W. Bush”.

Eric Bolling declared that we should "Thank GWB For This Not BHO!"

Karl Rove declared that “"Important Policy Decisions Made Under Bush" Made Bin Laden's Death Possible.”

Hannity, Bolling and Rove were all paid propagandists for Fox “news”. They ignored Bush’s negligence and incompetence and declared that somehow Bush was a great leader who made great strides in getting Osama bin Laden, when in point of fact, Bush abandoned the hunt for bin Laden years before Barack Obama had even been sworn into office.

Over and over again, we see Fox news covering up for the incompetence, negligence and ineffectiveness of Republicans, while making up stories to defame, demonize and delegitimize Democrats.

These people engage in fiction, rumor-mongering, propaganda and deliberately leading millions of Americans to erroneous conclusions. Why are they allowed to continue calling themselves a NEWS channel?

This isn't exactly new news.

Perhaps.....

And yet I encounter people EVERY DAMN DAY who insist that Fox is a legitimate news channel!

Even worse than that, I encounter people who insist that Fox is the ONLY news channel that is trustworthy enough to bother watching. No matter how many times they get caught lying, rumor-mongering, fear-mongering, hate-mongering and inciting violence, there are still people out there with a cult-like insistence that Fox is somehow the ONLY trustworthy news source!

Perhaps.....

And yet I encounter people EVERY DAMN DAY who insist that Fox is a legitimate news channel!

Even worse than that, I encounter people who insist that Fox is the ONLY news channel that is trustworthy enough to bother watching. No matter how many times they get caught lying, rumor-mongering, fear-mongering, hate-mongering and inciting violence, there are still people out there with a cult-like insistence that Fox is somehow the ONLY trustworthy news source!

That's because they're often the loudest most aggressive voice in the room. The internet is replete with examples of how dishonest and untrustworthy Fox news is.

The hypocricy from everyone on these people from when Obama was in the oval office to when Bush was compared to now....is just truly disgusting.

The problem is the rest of the MSM is not liberal. They only call them liberal on Fox because the CNNS and ABCs, NBCs and so on are left of them. The rest of the MSM really really wants to be neutral. If they have any bias its towards the status quo which includes Fox now.

So the MSM doesn't really hold Fox's feet to the fire when they run stories and segments based on untrue or "fake" sources.

Also all the people on CNN may one day apply for a job at Fox since there's only like six mass news media companies today so the last thing they want is to piss off a potential employer, by pointing out how terrible they are.

The news media especially on Cable TV is just impotent and plain terrible at informing people about what's going on. To get the real news you gotta dig on the internet and get media literate to separate the fake news which is abundant from the real news the MSM is too hidebound to actually cover adequately if at all.

And this is new news how? Is this about politics?

I'm suggesting this thread be moved to the General Board. I'll wait and see before I start posting stuff about CNN.

You're pretty blind not to have noticed that Fox News has become a senior advisor to the U.S. president and is about as political as you can get.

You're pretty blind not to have noticed that Fox News has become a senior advisor to the U.S. president and is about as political as you can get.
FauxNewz started political and has been there ever since.

Founded by muckdog Rupe Murdoch, run by former RNC chair Rog Ailes, "Fair and Balanced" was always a joke; now even that illusion is gone. Murdoch's other news operations did things like bribe cops and officials, hack phones and emails of victims, survivors, and UK royals, and serve felony time for getting caught at it. Over a decade ago an ex-Faux exec said they had orders from on high to "make stuff up." None of this is new.

I'm glad others watch and rate Faux so I don't have to.

FauxNewz started political and has been there ever since.

Founded by muckdog Rupe Murdoch, run by former RNC chair Rog Ailes, "Fair and Balanced" was always a joke; now even that illusion is gone. Murdoch's other news operations did things like bribe cops and officials, hack phones and emails of victims, survivors, and UK royals, and serve felony time for getting caught at it. Over a decade ago an ex-Faux exec said they had orders from on high to "make stuff up." None of this is new.

I'm glad others watch and rate Faux so I don't have to.
True .

Fox news Channel is the propaganda arm of the Republican Party. They exist to broadcast Republican Talking points to as many people as possible and sway opinion in favor of Republican policies and Republican candidates.

Fox news is real news - most everything else is fake - especially CNN!

So, like you do when republicans speak the truth and you can't accept or argue it, you shoot the messenger!

Same thing here on a grand scale.

Let people make their own choice. If they want to see our president attacked and disrespected 24/7, they can watch Alphabet lame news. Funny, they all sound the same - often, word for word - puppets on a string. They killed msn.

Now, in keeping with your old, tired tactics, attack the messenger!

This needs to be moved to the "WHat's Wrong With America" thread on the GB.

This right here. The growing army of bots.

Fox news is real news - most everything else is fake - especially CNN!

So, like you do when republicans speak the truth and you can't accept or argue it, you shoot the messenger!

Same thing here on a grand scale.

Let people make their own choice. If they want to see our president attacked and disrespected 24/7, they can watch Alphabet lame news. Funny, they all sound the same - often, word for word - puppets on a string. They killed msn.

Now, in keeping with your old, tired tactics, attack the messenger!

Let me try to explain it to you the same way I’ve had to do for other “faux”ers I know IRL.

Imagine you have a room full of 22 people and they are being observed by a large auditorium of spectators. The spectators only have the ability to really pay attention to a small handful of these people in the room so the people in the room need to inform and engage the spectators with what is going on outside this auditorium. Most are pointing at the window and talking about what it obvious to see but ONE of them is screaming and pointing and shouting as loud as they can about how the sky is really not blue like the other 21 people attest it to be, but that it’s actually some other color. Now, the other 21 people try to ignore the 1 shouting person who is obviously wrong and playing up to the people watching the entire debacle, trying to get their attention with volume and sensationalism instead of just the facts. They might deny the shouter and say it’s really blue and to ignore him, they might point out is azure, even the most scientific of them might say the sky has no color and it is merely the bending of light around the atmosphere. But it doesn’t matter, because there is still 1 out of 22 who is saying something counter to what everyone else is reporting to the masses watching, relying on histrionics and pandering to get attention. And they get pissed that no one else is agreeing with them.

Fox is the 1 lunatic screaming in the room full of other broadcasters. If 21 people say the sky is blue and 1 is screaming it isn’t – smart people don’t feed the trolls and pay attention to the lunatic. The sky is blue – stop being a douche.

My 2 cents

I have seen actual news on the Fox channel. I have also heard a hen crow.

Let me try to explain it to you the same way I’ve had to do for other “faux”ers I know IRL.

Imagine you have a room full of 22 people and they are being observed by a large auditorium of spectators. The spectators only have the ability to really pay attention to a small handful of these people in the room so the people in the room need to inform and engage the spectators with what is going on outside this auditorium. Most are pointing at the window and talking about what it obvious to see but ONE of them is screaming and pointing and shouting as loud as they can about how the sky is really not blue like the other 21 people attest it to be, but that it’s actually some other color. Now, the other 21 people try to ignore the 1 shouting person who is obviously wrong and playing up to the people watching the entire debacle, trying to get their attention with volume and sensationalism instead of just the facts. They might deny the shouter and say it’s really blue and to ignore him, they might point out is azure, even the most scientific of them might say the sky has no color and it is merely the bending of light around the atmosphere. But it doesn’t matter, because there is still 1 out of 22 who is saying something counter to what everyone else is reporting to the masses watching, relying on histrionics and pandering to get attention. And they get pissed that no one else is agreeing with them.

Fox is the 1 lunatic screaming in the room full of other broadcasters. If 21 people say the sky is blue and 1 is screaming it isn’t – smart people don’t feed the trolls and pay attention to the lunatic. The sky is blue – stop being a douche.

My 2 cents

Put your 2 cents together with $2.50 and you might be able to buy a cup of coffee.

I have witnessed the sins of omission by LSN with coverage of Obama. I have witnessed them treat Obama like a savior - and Trump like Hitler!

Since day 1 - 91% negative!

Those are the facts. Spin them any way you please. America voted for Trump, so your 22 to 1 argument doesn't hold water.

Now they are finally going after the infidels Comey, Lynch, and Clinton, who were given a pass like Obama - because Lame Stream News really is the democrat right arm.

Funny how you would prefer someone who sells America for profit over someone who donates his salary to charity.

You work for the government?

Put your 2 cents together with $2.50 and you might be able to buy a cup of coffee.

I have witnessed the sins of omission by LSN with coverage of Obama. I have witnessed them treat Obama like a savior - and Trump like Hitler!

Those are the facts. Spin them any way you please. America voted for Trump, so your 22 to 1 argument doesn't hold water.

Now they are finally going after the infidels Comey, Lynch, and Clinton, who were given a pass like Obama - because Lame Stream News really is the democrat right arm.

Funny how you would prefer someone who sells America for profit over someone who donates his salary to charity.

Who donates his salary to charity? Trump has been sending his paychecks to other government agencies.

Or so he says. We haven't seen his latest tax return.

Hallelujah! That's some scary shit.

Fox has programmed its bots well. Former human beings, now drones, spreading the Word.

There is no arguing with them, whatsoever, just like you can't argue with a religious nutbag. Doesn't matter how many facts you put in front of their face.

It is interesting to analyze and observe the cult's programming however.

What is the cult? The Republican Party.

Repeat after me:

LSN = "Democrats"

Democrats = "infidel," "sinners"

I have witnessed the sins
of omission by LSN with coverage of Obama. I have witnessed them treat Obama like a savior - and Trump like Hitler!

Maybe its 91% negative coverage of Trump from Day 1 for a reason. Maybe he's just that awful.

Why are you dragging into this the Republicans trying to prosecute political enemies into a discussion of whether Fox news can be trusted or not? Fox news isn't the one doing that-sure the people on Fox news are huge cheerleaders for it, but it does not have any real relevance to this topic.

Your comments on the "Lame Stream media" are good. I wished you would've focused more of your post on that instead.

Again I'm puzzled why you are bringing this into a discussion of reliability and trust-worthiness of Fox news and other News sources.

Stay on topic man.

Last edited:
"Maybe its 91% negative coverage of Trump from Day 1 for a reason. Maybe he's just that awful."

Any example of why he is that awful? Or is it just conjecture?

The press is supposed to report the news, not shape it. They are worthless.

Maybe you should look into the ties with democrats and news media - I can assure you there are many.

The deep state is disgusting as well and Comey is their poster child.

Thank God for Trump!

The dems via Obama weaponized the IRS and apparently, the FBI.

You are what you eat.

FauxNewz spews bullshit.

Suck it up, luzer.

Besides hacking phones and emails and making shit up, how else does Faux opperate? Let's say a public figure says, "If someone says I'm a Nazi, they're fucking lying!" The Faux team loops "I'm a Nazi! I'm a Nazi! I'm a Nazi!" a few thousand times. Yes, those were his exact words. No, those weren't ALL his exact words, but ripped from their context, they say the exact opposite. THAT is how Faux works. They did precisely that with an Obama sound byte on social violence. Fuck the context; push the lie.

That is fucking LYING. You like the lies? You like the frenzied bullshit? Suck it up. You are what you eat. And you're a dying demographic. Sayonara, pops. Have a nice senility.

So...your argument is that in a universe of 22 journalist and broadcast company/stations - 1, only 1, Fox, is telling the truth and the others are part of what? Some Machiavellian Deep State order to repress the truth?

You propose that cutting the Gordian Knot with Occams Razor is best done with the Fair and Balanced voice of Fox? If 21 people report ONE thing and 1 reports something else but it's something that you like, the other 21 are wrong? You are doing the equivalent of yelling into a spinning metal fan - getting lots of feedback and hearing nothing else but your own voice echoed back at you. Entertaining but not informative or helpful.

Given the state of things, I would like to propose that the Deep State, the Illuminati, the Zionist Movement, the Order of the Skull and Bones, the Ivory Tower, The Hegemony, The Koch Brothers, The New World Order, The Mercers, Wal-Mart, George Soros, The Lizard People from Betelbraux 7, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Jesus, and the Masons are doing a pretty shitty job of running the world, influencing policy, and controlling world order I'd like them all to get their shit together and fix all the problems.

My 2 cents

So...your argument is that in a universe of 22 journalist and broadcast company/stations - 1, only 1, Fox, is telling the truth and the others are part of what? Some Machiavellian Deep State order to repress the truth?

You propose that cutting the Gordian Knot with Occams Razor is best done with the Fair and Balanced voice of Fox? If 21 people report ONE thing and 1 reports something else but it's something that you like, the other 21 are wrong? You are doing the equivalent of yelling into a spinning metal fan - getting lots of feedback and hearing nothing else but your own voice echoed back at you. Entertaining but not informative or helpful.

Given the state of things, I would like to propose that the Deep State, the Illuminati, the Zionist Movement, the Order of the Skull and Bones, the Ivory Tower, The Hegemony, The Koch Brothers, The New World Order, The Mercers, Wal-Mart, George Soros, The Lizard People from Betelbraux 7, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Jesus, and the Masons are doing a pretty shitty job of running the world, influencing policy, and controlling world order I'd like them all to get their shit together and fix all the problems.

My 2 cents

Good comment, but I liken Fox News to Trump winning the Presidency. If Hillary had been elected, none of the corruption and lying SOB's would have surfaced.

Someone, somewhere needs to report the news and not follow scripted propaganda.

giphy.gif

Good comment, but I liken Fox News to Trump winning the Presidency. If Hillary had been elected, none of the corruption and lying SOB's would have surfaced.

Someone, somewhere needs to report the news and not follow scripted propaganda.

Back