Do you know what your readers want from you?

Do you know why they follow you? Can you tell from your ratings and scores and comments what they get from your writing?

Every time I think I know, every time I think we're in sync with what I want to write, and they want to read, they seem to lose interest. Maybe I repeat myself. Not sure.

I do take a look at who else they follow to get some ideas, but if you did that with me, you wouldn't get a clear picture of what I like, as I follow some for their craft, some for their content.

So - do you know what makes you popular with your readers?

I'm going to have to say that I can't really tell much from ratings and comments. I intentionally write in a lot of different categories, and I'm still too new to this to have much of a fan base that would follow me from category to category. In fact from all the comments I've gotten on my stories, there has only been one reader that shows up in my comments repeatedly (other than Anonymous). And I think he just has a crush on one of my characters.

I'm going to have to say that I can't really tell much from ratings and comments. I intentionally write in a lot of different categories, and I'm still too new to this to have much of a fan base that would follow me from category to category. In fact from all the comments I've gotten on my stories, there has only been one reader that shows up in my comments repeatedly (other than Anonymous). And I think he just has a crush on one of my characters.

I think that's fairly common. You get so few of your readers actually commenting, they need to have a predisposition to giving feedback, and be especially moved/excited by what you're writing to speak up. And that's a very limited pool of people.

Those gorgeous, lovely, thank-fuck-they-exist, people.

Back