Need a editor who is author as well

It usually helps finding an editor to include how many words the story is. (And if it's not finished and polished as well as you can yet, it's not really time for an editor yet.)
 
Hi All,

Need a editor for non human story.

Please help

Regards,
tralove.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.
* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.
 
It will enable potential editors to connect with you directly and to exchange addresses for attaching of story files.
 
But not a single editor have contacted me yet.


Well in document its 25-30 pages, its non-human category.
 
But not a single editor have contacted me yet.


Well in document its 25-30 pages, its non-human category.

Well, you still haven't done what I suggested potential editors want to know up front. Your number of document pages doesn't tell anyone much of anything. Document pages vary from platform to platform. I suggested they wanted to know how many words they were being asked to volunteer their time to edit.
 
Personally I don't think you are looking for an editor as much as a ...copy editor? I forget the exact term but it refers to someone who looks for plot holes and helps in the writing process more than an editor might.

Also, if no one else is willing to say it, "25-30 pages" sounds like:
  1. You don't know exactly how many pages, which sounds like
    • you are still in the process of writing it (and editors like to deal with a "finished" work)
    • it could be much, much more or much, much less (you REALLY don't know)
  2. It sounds like a staggering amount of pages to edit and voluntary (aka unpaid) editors, realistically, might not be willing to devout so much time to review something so large for free)

If you continue to get no help for your story, I suggest you break it up into more edible (and editable) bites (aka chapters (aka multiple submissions)) then try asking for assistance again.

from one of the above "sticky" threads:
What to do When Asking for VE Help
If you are going to be sending or posting an initial request for help from a Volunteer Editor, it's usually helpful to provide the following information:

  • What kind of editing you expect (proofreading, content feedback, any specific areas of concern you might have with the story).
  • What category it is, if there are any fetish or kink that might not be to everyone's taste.
  • A brief synopsis - even just one or two lines - is preferable over pasting the entire story in your post.
  • The approximate length of the story (word count rather than page count)
  • What your expectation is for turn around (a day, a week, etc)
  • what kind of Word Processor you use (Word, WordPad, etc)

Make sure that your Private Message function is enabled or that you provide a valid email address (don't post it though ... spambots will get it) so the VE can get in touch with you.

When you do send a document to a VE, please take the time to spell check it first, ensure that it formatted properly. The Volunteer Editors will help ... but they won't do everything for you.

Here's a sample of what a request might look like:
Looking for an editor to review spelling, grammar and overall flow for a 3500 word story. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. This will probably go in either erotic horror or non-human category and involves lesbian sex, anal and non-consent. The story involves a lesbian werewolf, a female vampire and a strap-on while they are both working at a Carnival Fun House. I'm not in a rush, so getting it back in a week or so would be great. I can send the document in Word or as a .txt
 
Last edited:
Personally I don't think you are looking for an editor as much as a ...copy editor? I forget the exact term but it refers to someone who looks for plot holes and helps in the writing process more than an editor might.

Think you mean "content editor" (which, in the extreme, would be a "developmental editor"). A copy editor works almost entirely on the presentation technicals--the grammar, spelling, formatting, etc.
 
Got it, will complete story then will ask for editor,

Well i was hoping if i find now a editor from before, it will be good for me.
As he can know the story content and all...
And can help...Its ok will complete the story
 
Last edited:
Back
Top