Food Pron: Recipes and Techniques.

Hmmm...I don't bake, but my wife does. If you have a recipe, please post it. We always have bacon on hand. :)

Tonight, I'm making a house favorite - sausage and peppers, with tomatoes, onions, and served over whatever pasta I have on hand.
I love pasta, that sounds good!

I am going to look for a recipe that has lot's of butter or I will cheat and make it with bisquick. Depends on if I get off lit or not, lol
 
Well, I have to start cooking soon, or it will be very late when we eat! I might take some of those leftover rolls and make garlic bread too. Loves me my carbs! :D
 
Well, I have to start cooking soon, or it will be very late when we eat! I might take some of those leftover rolls and make garlic bread too. Loves me my carbs! :D
I love garlic bread!! Maybe I will make some for dinner tonight.
 
Ok, here is the banana, peanut butter, chocolate bread. I didn't have chips so I melted a semisweet bar and swirled it on top. I didn't taste it but my husband did and loved it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been trying to avoid carbs and ALL ^^ of that looks good.
 
Ok, here is the banana, peanut butter, chocolate bread. I didn't have chips so I melted a semisweet bar and swirled it on top. I didn't taste it but my husband did and loved it.

Not big on sweets, but that looks really good!
 
I love both sweets and carbs!! Query next time I have steak I will post it for you :)
 
People loved the banana bread so now I am going to try it with bacon. I bought some at the store, but I don't know if chocolate is the right sweet to add or if I should go with maple. Maple and banana, is that a good combo? I don't like maple either, but maple bacon is very popular. So many decisions to make!

Query I will post a pic of the bacon bits for you :)
 
Maple, banana and peanut butter with bacon sounds like a better combination than with chocolate.

Grilling up a filet marinated in cracked pepper and garlic for dinner, sauteed roasted peppers and mushrooms. Side are twice baked potato casserole (speaking of bacon) and grilled asparagus. :)
 
Potatoes, yum!! Now I want cheesy scalloped potatoes with bacon. That dinner sounds good, garlic and steak is delicious.
 
A brief, food pron interlude




^^ Dab some butta! Click! ^^ - Porn Sex vs. Real Sex w/ food
 
Last edited:
A bunch of chicken breasts in the sous vide for ten hours at 55 degrees C (some herbes de Provence and white wine in the bag with the breasts will not hurt).

Brush them with generous amounts of a mixture of Dijon mustard, garlic, olive oil and a little salt, and brown them quickly over a very hot charcoal fire.

Serve with salad, fresh baked bread and a good red wine.

:):):)
 
Last night, brined pork shoulder chops, rubbed and lightly apple smoked. Leftover mashed potatoes and corn. Simple is good! :)
 
I made one of those microwave cakes in a cup. I searched through quite a few recipes, most seemed very similar. I substituted 1 tbs cocoa powder with 1/2 bar melted chocolate, used butter instead of oil and added vanilla. I didn't have milk so I used whipping cream, I think coffee would have been good as well. Cocoa powder is such a hollow chocolate flavor, next time I will use just melted chocolate. The substitutions made it taste pretty good though. If I had no chocolate in the house, I would make this again.
 
We've made microwave brownies...they're OK. But we have too many of them, because of course, we bought them on sale. :rolleyes:
 
Splurge

*points at angry wig* Since it was a shit day, and I needed something luxurious and decadent, I ran out and grabbed up a couple of lobster tails and I. . . I . . . butter poached them. Yes! It is a freakin heart attack on a plate, and I don't care today. *laughs maniacally*

Tomorrow we will go back to greek yogurt and veggies. Tonight we dine!

Butter poached lobster tail, roasted gold potatoes, and green beans
 
I am much more creative with an empty larder than I am at the grocery.

I was shredding some Cabbage for Slaw and saw some kind of Apple. Blushed coloration. Turned out to lean towards sweet and crisp. Some really fine Onion slices as well. Some Golden Raisins and Carrot shreds would have made it better. Maybe some Pecans or Almonds.
 
Is there a way of preparing kale that reduces any associated stomach pains? I've tried steaming it (ow, ow, ow) and then freezing the steamed stuff and thawing it into a soup, but even that didn't work.
 
Is there a way of preparing kale that reduces any associated stomach pains? I've tried steaming it (ow, ow, ow) and then freezing the steamed stuff and thawing it into a soup, but even that didn't work.

I have tried to like kale but I cannot. I am pretty sure God is laughing that humans eat it because that and arugula were intended to be weeds.

I am assuming you are trying to find a way to eat it because it is healthy? Have you considered switching to tasty spinach (add a spritz of lime or even lemon-pepper), collard greens, or turnip greens?
 
Thanks, Query! I'm hoping that the stomach pains was user error on my part. :) I tried it because I'd never had it before, and aside from the leaves being chewier than chewing gum and the stomach pains, I didn't mind the taste. (Although I will admit it needs to be served with something more filling...)

I'll have spinach when I can get it, but I've never seen collard greens in the shops. I can't remember about turnip greens - my local shops generally sell their turnips de-leafed. (Perhaps there are some hidden in 'bags of mixed leaves'...hmmm...).
 
Good Directions

i-turnipgreens.jpg


and Actual Directions.

My friend Jamaal from Cleveland swears by collard greens but I never see those around here.
 
Thanks, Query! I'm hoping that the stomach pains was user error on my part. :) I tried it because I'd never had it before, and aside from the leaves being chewier than chewing gum and the stomach pains, I didn't mind the taste. (Although I will admit it needs to be served with something more filling...)

I'll have spinach when I can get it, but I've never seen collard greens in the shops. I can't remember about turnip greens - my local shops generally sell their turnips de-leafed. (Perhaps there are some hidden in 'bags of mixed leaves'...hmmm...).

I'm a little puzzled. I'm thinking when I tried it recently it maybe was baby kale? The store was out of spinach and only had a Spinach/Kale mix.

So I'll describe how I prepared a couple of batches of that before I started picking the Kale out and just cooking the Spinach.

I just get a frying pan, spray it with cooking spray...sometimes I saute a bit of onion part way first. Then I toss in two big handfuls of spinach (or spinach / kale) and "wilt" them. You just cook them til they are wilted. Sometimes you have to spritz the pile of leaves again as you keep them moving. I use tongs. A huge pile makes a little bitty wilted serving. I don't remember the kale being chewy particularly.
 
Think I've only ever had kale in a soup, but I would also just substitute with spinach if kale didn't agree with me. We can also get 'greens' here no idea what that actually is! But another green leafy thing... Sure its just as healthy though!
 
Back
Top