Is Literotica Chat Down?

does the chat even work anymore? I tried it a couples times recently and it just trying to load but never goes anywhere.

Wow, let me start by saying thank you for a safe place to ask about this! I made the mistake of asking about chat on the General Board in November of 2013 and might as we have been tossed into a lion's den with a t-bone steak strapped to my back and a gallon of blood poured over my head! My inquiry was not well received even though it was polite and respectful!

I too had sent a couple of questions through the "right" channels, and gotten no responses. Even resorted to a p.m. to Laurel, also with no response. Anyway, long story short, finally found out that apparently they are aware of the problem and are continually working on it. To be honest, it seems an iffier proposition now than it did in November. Maybe that's just my perception. My experience over the last month or so is being able to log on about 1 day out of 7, give or take. If you can get on, mass boots take place typically every 5-10 minutes, sometimes more.

The shame of it is that the people and the freedom to create rooms make it a very fun and erotic experience overall, especially if you could log on and stay on!

As far as alternatives go, I have been chatting over at Lush Stories. Not nearly as many people. Most I've seen is about 130 at one time. Forty to 80 is pretty typical. Rooms are a bit more limited. Rules and etiquette seem a bit stricter to me. People are a bit more uptight too IMO, especially when it comes to whispers and private chat requests, but there are some great people there.

Although work is supposedly ongoing for the chat here, (I'm a bit skeptical myself) best of luck finding out any particulars on the subject. There IS a sticky at the top of the Gen. Board, but you can't post there and there have been no updates as of yet.

I hope they get the chat here working in some sort of usable manner soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath. In the meantime, check out Lush!

Oh they're definitely working on it. I heard everything is supposed to be fixed within the next week, but only if people keep trying to log in. ;) :rolleyes:

(sigh) I do miss it. It was one of my reasons for rejoining. I could just veg and watch or have a nice PM going. It's hard to tell from PMs on the board if you've got someone who might be a nice, creative chatter. :(

It was up this morning for several hours. And people on there told me it had been up yesterday too. Though this afternoon it appears to be down again.

I wonder why it's off and on like this. I would think either work or not work. But I don't know much of anything about tech things...

Erica

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=978810

From Laurel, site owner:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

We are aware of the problems with chat and are working to resolve them.

The chat does work, but it seems to handle only a certain number of people. We are working to try to fix the issue while at the same time looking for a better chat solution.

If after reading the above you have very specific questions, please feel free to Private Message me. Please do not message me to ask, "What's happening with chat?" or "Why is chat not working?"

Also, please do not start threads asking about the chat situation. The General Board users are not involved in chat and cannot provide any more information than I have here.

Thank you for your patience!

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=978810

From Laurel, site owner:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

We are aware of the problems with chat and are working to resolve them.

The chat does work, but it seems to handle only a certain number of people. We are working to try to fix the issue while at the same time looking for a better chat solution.

If after reading the above you have very specific questions, please feel free to Private Message me. Please do not message me to ask, "What's happening with chat?" or "Why is chat not working?"

Also, please do not start threads asking about the chat situation. The General Board users are not involved in chat and cannot provide any more information than I have here.

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks Cathleen. I got that message too. There's always been a limit to the number of people who can log on at any time. But it's never been this hard to get on, at least not in my experience. Everyone started to notice a difference this past fall. I feel like there's got to be something more...but maybe not.

Erica

As far as alternatives go, I have been chatting over at Lush Stories. Not nearly as many people. Most I've seen is about 130 at one time. Forty to 80 is pretty typical. Rooms are a bit more limited. Rules and etiquette seem a bit stricter to me. People are a bit more uptight too IMO, especially when it comes to whispers and private chat requests, but there are some great people there.

I hope they get the chat here working in some sort of usable manner soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath. In the meantime, check out Lush!

Thanks for the recommendation of Lush Stories. I signed up over there and met a few nice people so far. There's not nearly as many chatters as there used to be here (which can be good and bad). But if this chat doesn't start working it might make for a good alternative. Perhaps if enough of the old Lit chat regulars start going over there it could be fun.

Erica

There's always Chatzy, but someone would have to volunteer to be the tool who shells out actual cash just to up the room user limit from ten people. I wasn't going to suggest these reasons for chat being abandoned, but they seem pretty obvious (and lazy) not to have mentioned.

People might get the wrong idea about a chat on an erotic writing site. Even though it'd be fantastic to shoot the breeze with other writers on this site in real-time about our active stories and such, there are a couple of obstacles to consider. First, the more literary authors likely prefer long, flourishing forum posts to communicate, even if waiting around for a reply is tediously isolating. Secondly, it could get really awkward if newbs came in and starting trying to sext people like an ASLer on Omegle. How uncomfortable.

I guess the issue still hasn't been fixed? I was able to log on a few days ago but not at all since. Sent an e-mail to inquire but still no reply.

I guess the issue still hasn't been fixed? I was able to log on a few days ago but not at all since. Sent an e-mail to inquire but still no reply.

They are working on a solution, but have been saying that for over 12 months. I have found a chat site, which is as good as Lit, but I Lit will not allow me to give the link. PM for details.

chat

Why do they not use java for their chat. They can also set it up under Ezchat MIRC I know they want you to be able to use voice and cams. Both let you use cams and voice as well as have many room that they can set up.

Been getting lots of pms asking, the link is in my signature ;)

I think there has been some really great threads about Chat over on the General Board.

Apparently, there are some helpful tips and tricks that the old-timers over there use.

I would start a tread over there, they may not see this one here.

Back