The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, yeast past the expiry date is not a good thing.

Last time I tried using it, I got a brick of a loaf - bleh!
Yeah, that's about what happened to me. I didn't end up with bricks, but the loaves are a lot denser than they were the last time I made this particular recipe. Which is a shame, but I still took some to rehearsal and people enjoyed it.

You can use "expired" yeast but it does need "refreshing". You stir it into some warm water with a bit of sugar and let it sit. When it starts to foam, you can use it.

Yeah, I added a couple teaspoons of sugar, but apparently it just wasn't enough. It happens sometimes.

I've already added flour and yeast to the shopping list and will try again next week. I WILL be taking a loaf of this bread with me on the Christmas trip. Maybe two.

I await the arrival of the new Washing Machine with keen anticipation.
Doubtless it will be later rather than sooner. . . .

I await the arrival of the new Washing Machine with keen anticipation.
Doubtless it will be later rather than sooner. . . .

Having a washing machine is the best. I refuse to live in an apartment that does not feature washer/dryer hookups.

Glad to see that the dragon has gotten into the holiday spirit. *Thumbs up on the new avatar*. I guess I need to getting into the true meaning of the holidays...spending lots of money getting expensive things for people. ;)

Having a washing machine is the best. I refuse to live in an apartment that does not feature washer/dryer hookups.

Glad to see that the dragon has gotten into the holiday spirit. *Thumbs up on the new avatar*. I guess I need to getting into the true meaning of the holidays...spending lots of money getting expensive things for people. ;)
I'm forced to laundry either at my parents or at the local laundromat. :(

Another reason for me to ensure that my company takes off soon!

If we ever finish the renovation of the basement, I think I'll be getting a new, energy-efficient washer and dryer. Ours came with the house and are probably close to 15 years old.

If we ever finish the renovation of the basement, I think I'll be getting a new, energy-efficient washer and dryer. Ours came with the house and are probably close to 15 years old.

Or could it be they merely (?) need a good service job ?

Well, it came and after a lot of fiddling with connections (it only has one water inlet and the mains lead it too short by 2 feet), it went in. Then came the fun.
It has a lot more buttons and dials than the last one. It's reckoned to be very energy efficient, but you need to be an expert in textile materials sciences to know how to drive it. And the so-called 'book' is not a lot of help.

Rolf, can I have a large glass of some suitable restorative please? over in that corner while I read the Instructions.

That's the digital age for you. I drove my last car for fourteen years before I gave up and got a new one. Then it took me two weeks with the owners' manual to figure out what all the things on the dashboard did! :eek:

That's the digital age for you. I drove my last car for fourteen years before I gave up and got a new one. Then it took me two weeks with the owners' manual to figure out what all the things on the dashboard did! :eek:

I quite understand. I felt a bit confused with mine when I got it; there's still buttons I ain't quite sure of even today!

Or could it be they merely (?) need a good service job ?

Well, it came and after a lot of fiddling with connections (it only has one water inlet and the mains lead it too short by 2 feet), it went in. Then came the fun.
It has a lot more buttons and dials than the last one. It's reckoned to be very energy efficient, but you need to be an expert in textile materials sciences to know how to drive it. And the so-called 'book' is not a lot of help.

Rolf, can I have a large glass of some suitable restorative please? over in that corner while I read the Instructions.

A good service job? Yeah, they'd probably be fine with that, but then again, so would I. However, the man is more likely to just get new, energy-efficient machines than to have these serviced.

Rolf, vin chaud, please?

I quite understand. I felt a bit confused with mine when I got it; there's still buttons I ain't quite sure of even today!

Haha, and here I am on the other side when someone asks me "How do I connect my iPad to the wireless network?" I really want to scream "Read the goddamn manual!!!!"

Rolf, some Kahlua and milk please.

Haha, and here I am on the other side when someone asks me "How do I connect my iPad to the wireless network?" I really want to scream "Read the goddamn manual!!!!"

Rolf, some Kahlua and milk please.

OR, as we have had it; RTFM"

As one who has written these manuals, I understand fully, but there are times when one needs to get into the mind of the designer (and rarely does a manual do that) in order to understand.

>gasp<
Coffee . . . . .

GAH!!

Ever start writing a response to someone and end up taking so much time to craft a message that you've been timed out of the system? It's frustrating.

Fresh coffee is on, for anyone who wants some.

A good service job? Yeah, they'd probably be fine with that, but then again, so would I.

Rolf, vin chaud, please?

I try to be a gentleman, and a gentleman would never comment on a lady's remark [cough - cough]

annanova GAH!!

Ever start writing a response to someone and end up taking so much time to craft a message that you've been timed out of the system? It's frustrating.

Fresh coffee is on, for anyone who wants some.

Several times, Madam.
:rose:

I've got chocolate rice custard here if anyone wants some.

Also have orange juice and hot tea here.

I've got chocolate rice custard here if anyone wants some.

Also have orange juice and hot tea here.

Well, thanks for the offer, old boy, but rice has never been a favourite of mine.
But I'd eenjoy a good cup of tea, please

Well, thanks for the offer, old boy, but rice has never been a favourite of mine.
But I'd eenjoy a good cup of tea, please
*pours HP a glass of hot tea*

Here ya go!

*enjoys the rest of the chocolate rice custard for supper*

Pretty much.

Rice custard? I'm not familiar with that one. Rice pudding? Love it, so now I'm curious about rice custard.
Just stir in beaten egg or two during the last few minutes of cooking, and cook until it coats the back of a metal spoon.

Delicious.

Hardly. This is a group that ranges in age between 37-45. None of us were old enough to have been allowed in the clubs at the time. Friggin' French.

What's with "the clubs" ?.
They were joggin' about doing the disco stuff; the radios were full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back