Social Experiment - Ladies, Send a PM to a Random Man on Lit for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i wouldnt meet someone i wasnt fully comfortable with anyways.
im pretty picky on everything i do online

Well that is the only way I would either lol. You have to know someone before giving them too much.

Glad, as soon as I get my life picked back up, I'll invite y'all over lol.

There seems to be a theme emerging among some of my family and friends the last week or so. Maybe it's the gloomy weather, or the holidays zooming up on us, but I'm just going to take a break from the fun for a minute, to put this here for anyone that may need to read it:

You are not your mistakes.

No matter how big or overwhelming they feel, or how much work it will take to fix them, your mistakes and bad decisions aren't the only things that define you. They do give you the opportunity to define or redefine yourself. I have to remind myself of this time and time again, so I want to remind you, too. You are not your mistakes, so give yourself a break.

Big Hard Ones too.. ;)

The only ones worth throwing!

I have been accused of being draconian in my enforcement of the menu and the meal plan!

I admit... It's a difficult thing about me. I'm not as flexible as I could be but if you need a project planner/manager and a finance guy to keep the budget, I'm your Huckleberry...

So, umm... if I don't make one soon, may I ask how you might enforce me to comply? :cool:

There seems to be a theme emerging among some of my family and friends the last week or so. Maybe it's the gloomy weather, or the holidays zooming up on us, but I'm just going to take a break from the fun for a minute, to put this here for anyone that may need to read it:

No matter how big or overwhelming they feel, or how much work it will take to fix them, your mistakes and bad decisions aren't the only things that define you. They do give you the opportunity to define or redefine yourself. I have to remind myself of this time and time again, so I want to remind you, too. You are not your mistakes, so give yourself a break.

hugs to you.
im skipping thanksgiving due to this

Damn you Froya, your too good. *HUGS*

hugs to you.
im skipping thanksgiving due to this

Sometimes, you just need to stay away from all the trappings and all the stuff it can do to you. I've skipped holidays a time or three myself.

Damn you Froya, your too good. *HUGS*

No, I'm really not. That's the point. I have legendary fuck-ups littering the path behind me. I've found perspective that helps keep me sane, or close enough, and that just seems to be something that a lot of people need to hear and not very many people do. But, thank you, I do appreciate the sentiment. :)

Sometimes, you just need to stay away from all the trappings and all the stuff it can do to you. I've skipped holidays a time or three myself.

No, I'm really not. That's the point. I have legendary fuck-ups littering the path behind me. I've found perspective that helps keep me sane, or close enough, and that just seems to be something that a lot of people need to hear and not very many people do. But, thank you, I do appreciate the sentiment. :)

im over fake smiles

my 2018 was tough.

I'm done with the whole year, I want to drink till it's 2019, get sober long enough to see if it's safe, then go from there.

Ok... Just call me the "Thread Killer" ..

I think, technically, it may be my fault for being serious for a minute. :)

Went out this afternoon to see Boy Erased, a good but rough movie to watch. The things people do to each other...

Came home to some difficult family news, too, so I hope someone picks up the spirits here this evening. I may have it in me later, but not just yet.

Seems like a good time to click on some of those links y'all were posting earlier. :)

I think, technically, it may be my fault for being serious for a minute. :)

Went out this afternoon to see Boy Erased, a good but rough movie to watch. The things people do to each other...

Came home to some difficult family news, too, so I hope someone picks up the spirits here this evening. I may have it in me later, but not just yet.

Seems like a good time to click on some of those links y'all were posting earlier. :)

*Virtual Hug*

Sorry you had a bit of a down day friend.

Hope it shapes up from here!

*Virtual Hug*

Sorry you had a bit of a down day friend.

Hope it shapes up from here!

Thank you. I'm mostly good. The tough part is knowing what to say or do for the people around me who are struggling. Appreciate the good vibrations (feel it, feel it). :)

*blinksblinksblinks*

Who turned on the light?

I was just sitting here in the dark contemplating life and listening to some tunes. I'm sure people will show up as soon as I go to bed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back