New faces, come say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That got to me too, zetacon4

When i first discovered this forum, i marveled at the intelligence and eloquence of the people who post here. When i started reading about BDSM and found out how important reading and learning is in the lifestyle it started making sense.

There is another theory i've run across that might explain the phenomenon.

"Spanking makes one SMART!"

Could that be it? :confused:

Re: That got to me too, zetacon4

DRxBlue said:
When i first discovered this forum, i marveled at the intelligence and eloquence of the people who post here. When i started reading about BDSM and found out how important reading and learning is in the lifestyle it started making sense.

LOL....You know, there might be something to that....
Bible says, if you spare the rod (spanking the child), you will spoil the child. Great words of wisdom from a very wise man.

Maybe we are never too old to get a blessing from the right kind of spanking. I know I love a good few hard spats!!! and love to give them too. Now, where is a nice smooth soft behind for me to spank!!!??? Ummm.

Re: Re: That got to me too, zetacon4

zetacon4 said:

LOL....You know, there might be something to that....
Bible says, if you spare the rod (spanking the child), you will spoil the child. Great words of wisdom from a very wise man.

Maybe we are never too old to get a blessing from the right kind of spanking. I know I love a good few hard spats!!! and love to give them too. Now, where is a nice smooth soft behind for me to spank!!!??? Ummm.

i just remembered that during my childhood, i often had to choose how i received my punishment. more often than not i was bent over my bed and i silently counted off each lick of the belt... flyswat.. willow switch. whether it was from the desire for the punishment to be over with or not i can't say.. and i remember crying of course, but also feeling the welts with my fingers.. i was fascinated by how red my skin would be afterwards.

Re: Re: Re: That got to me too, zetacon4

xx--jasmine--xx said:

i just remembered that during my childhood, i often had to choose how i received my punishment. more often than not i was bent over my bed and i silently counted off each lick of the belt... flyswat.. willow switch. whether it was from the desire for the punishment to be over with or not i can't say.. and i remember crying of course, but also feeling the welts with my fingers.. i was fascinated by how red my skin would be afterwards.

Well, then, are you offering up your sweet tush for me to spank?
I would do it so very nicely. And you wouldn't even need to count the licks. Cause I would be licking your lips down there too. and other nice touches....Wanta have a good spanking from me?
:p :p :kiss: :kiss:

DRxBlue said:

Another point that I noticed early on, and that I mentioned in The Mother Thread; BDSM is about awareness and alertness, both of yourself and your partner. Like any other skill or natural attribute we have, awareness is strengthened through practice. This also explains why submissives are, in general, confident, strong people. Their awareness of themselves, and their constantly tried and tested will, give them far more practice at being human than most other people get. Conversely, Dom(me)s have their own will and imagination tested every time they play, their awareness of another human being should always be a part of play. In short, BDSM is good exercise for the mind, as well as fulfilling a sexual need.

Re: Interesting thread ...

Starfire said:
Risia ... I am glad that you started this thread - I think that has opened up areas of discusion that have been a bit "closed" to "outsiders".

Starfire thanks for your comments over on the amateur pics board - what made you decide to come on over here?
I was gonna post and tell you not to be scared of us all - we are an exceptionally nice and supportive bunch really and very protective of our own.

In case you and any of the other newbies havn't picked up on this yet - the stickies at the top of the board are meant to be read and inwardly digested, then theres the mother thread which has pretty much an idea or answer for most topics.

We try very hard not to put people down because they make different choices about their sexual pleasure. PLease feel welcome and safe here.

I'm new to BDSM Talk, at least to posting. I do stop by on occasion to read and learn.

I'm 37, married, 2 kids, and love to write poetry. And I've discovered that being submissive and having a Master is the right thing for me. I've had to make an effort to work it into my life. BDSM is my secret. My husband would think I'm weirder than I am. :rolleyes: My children don't know. They're 2 and 4. They know Barney and Tellitubbies. I live in a very small Southern town. If anyone else around here is into BDSM, they're keeping it a secret too.
My Master is 2,000 miles away. He has his family, work, and life. And he has me. We've been together for 2 1/2 years. We love the BDSM lifestyle, even though we can't have the physical contact. But we do have love, and respect, and creative minds.
I want more, but I take what I have, and I'm happy. :)

Wicked Eve

Last edited:
Re: Re: Interesting thread ...

petrel said:

Starfire thanks for your comments over on the amateur pics board - what made you decide to come on over here?
I was gonna post and tell you not to be scared of us all - we are an exceptionally nice and supportive bunch really and very protective of our own.

Petrel ... you are welcome.

What made me post here? To be honest, until you said where your regular hang out was I had not noticed the BDSM pages - this site is massive and I have been busy elsewhere. I decided to look - became fascinated with a few things and started to self-question - hence my post.

First thing that caught my eye was Myst's posts about art images - something for which I have always had a fascination.
I agree with a recent comment on here (Sorry ... can't remembr the name right now) about the corelation between BDSM and artistic temperaments/personalities. have also found the same to be true between artists and political leanings. My theory has always been to do with the dominant side of the brain ...

I'll shut up now :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: That got to me too, zetacon4

zetacon4 said:

Well, then, are you offering up your sweet tush for me to spank?
I would do it so very nicely. And you wouldn't even need to count the licks. Cause I would be licking your lips down there too. and other nice touches....Wanta have a good spanking from me?
:p :p :kiss: :kiss:
:rose: sounds lovely :rose:
it's been awhile since i've had a rosy bottom :devil:

I'm not sure there's a truly hardcore correlation between an interest in and need for BDSM in one's life and an "artisitic temperament". I've found, in my life, that all sorta of people are wired to need this. All sorts of people become fascinated with the way this lifestyle meets the deepst requirements for them as fully sexual people. There is no one group, artists for example, who are more widely represented under the BDSM umbrella than any other one group.

However, as someone who plays with BDSM, either as a lifestyle, as a core part of one's existence, or simply as a sexual play style, i think we as a group are quite creative in terms of our sexual daring. We're all exceedingly fluent in the intricate dance of communication. We're all highly motivated sociall,y too, because BDSM cannot be done alone.

In these ways, perhaps we're a very creative group of people, all of us. I don't think we're any more or less artistic, or have a more pronounced "artistic temperament" than the rest of the teeming masses of humanity, though. Really.

JMHO, of course.

zetacon? jasmine?
This is an intro thread.
Y'all take that kinda play to pm's okay?
Thank you.
:cool:

cymbidia said:
I'm not sure there's a truly hardcore correlation between an interest in and need for BDSM in one's life and an "artisitic temperament". I've found, in my life, that all sorta of people are wired to need this. All sorts of people become fascinated with the way this lifestyle meets the deepst requirements for them as fully sexual people. There is no one group, artists for example, who are more widely represented under the BDSM umbrella than any other one group.

However, as someone who plays with BDSM, either as a lifestyle, as a core part of one's existence, or simply as a sexual play style, i think we as a group are quite creative in terms of our sexual daring. We're all exceedingly fluent in the intricate dance of communication. We're all highly motivated sociall,y too, because BDSM cannot be done alone.

In these ways, perhaps we're a very creative group of people, all of us. I don't think we're any more or less artistic, or have a more pronounced "artistic temperament" than the rest of the teeming masses of humanity, though. Really.

JMHO, of course.

zetacon? jasmine?
This is an intro thread.
Y'all take that kinda play to pm's okay?
Thank you.
:cool:

duly noted

DRxBlue said:

I don't think it would be fair to assume that an interest in BDSM in itself is a sign of intelligence, but being of the nature to actually want to learn and explore and try to understand it, that IS a sign of intelligence. And that is what we have so much of in this group of posters.

Re: Re: That got to me too, zetacon4

SpectreT said:

Another point that I noticed early on, and that I mentioned in The Mother Thread; BDSM is about awareness and alertness, both of yourself and your partner. Like any other skill or natural attribute we have, awareness is strengthened through practice. This also explains why submissives are, in general, confident, strong people. Their awareness of themselves, and their constantly tried and tested will, give them far more practice at being human than most other people get. Conversely, Dom(me)s have their own will and imagination tested every time they play, their awareness of another human being should always be a part of play. In short, BDSM is good exercise for the mind, as well as fulfilling a sexual need.

Very well said, SpectreT

Absolute beginner

Well then, hello all!
After reading the pages containing this thread I also decided to join......
Who am I then?, I'm not sure I ever want that question answered entirely, I enjoy discovering myself and hope I will always continue to do so. So I find myself here, why?
I am a Dominant woman who just set sails on her journey towards harmony. For me, just as for some others who have written here this is very new and it is still happening "only" in my mind. Even so, I've now a very firm belief that this is who I am, and this makes me very happy, creating a feeling of "coming home". My dream, that I have no doubt will eventually be fulfilled, is to live in a 24/7 relationship with a submissive man, fulfilling my needs and thereby his in an atmosphere of love, trust, joy, total control, security, responsibility and commitment.
After having said this, there is also along with this feeling of joy a feeling of fear - this change (well it isn't really a change, it's just that I didn't understand until now who I really am) affects me in all of my everyday life, and since I am an honest person who wants her life to be "whole", I suffer. This is not just something you happily tell all your friends that you've just discovered, that process I realize will have to be very slow and selective.
That makes this place important to me, I've just registered and have been reading a lot of the threads with joy and curiosity, relieving my feeling of loneliness...

Some hard facts: age 34 and getting happier and more gorgeous with every year; occupation - academic in natural sciences but with a big love for the arts; pet - lovely little male cat with orange fur who needs a very firm hand; single since a little more than six months - a lovely man who is still a dear friend but I will never go back to "vanilla"; kids - no but still mentally sometimes a teenager; personality - hypomanic, intense, hot tempered, workaholic; state of mind...since I discovered reality as a dear friend puts it....happy, calm, strong.

I'm looking forward to sharing with you all....

I love the nickname....

lilredwolph said:
I came, I read, I stayed - HI everyone ! :D

Are you sure you won't post a bit more about yourself?
We love getting to know about the new faces here!
Gender, age, passions, etc.

I will post more soon, I am just reading and learning things about myself, that till now stayed very hidden. But as soon as I figure out how to put things into words I will post, I just wanted to say hello and let everyone know that I was here.

It's a pleasure to find such a loving, caring and sharing group of people.

Thank You !

Web refugee, here

Hello, everyone. I only discovered this site about a week ago, on the recommendation of someone on another board that is now defunct. I liked what I saw -- having been around the Web for over 10 years, I can spot a cohesive community pretty quickly. The level of understanding and compassion here impressed me very much. The fact that you guys actually started a newbie-intro thread for us lurkers was something I couldn't resist. Thanks.

I am Ross, a 53-year old who fancies himself as a neophyte Dom. I and my love, Molly, have known each other for about eight years, and one of the things that has kept us going in spite of the physical distance between us has been our discovery that we have very complimentary sexual tastes. I like being in control, she likes being controlled :)

We have felt pretty alone with our tastes, most of the time. We went through divorces around the same time period, and our ex's made a big issue out of our sexual preferences. So we know how it can sting. We know how it feels to be viewed as "different" when you secretly feel really normal.

I hope to be a regular participant here, and I hope my contributions are worth something. I know I have tons of questions for those of you who've been doing this longer, but I'll hold them until folks get to know me better.

That's Molly, lurking over in the corner. Tonight I'm going to call her up, tell her to undress and come here to read the posts. If she wants her reward, she knows what she has to do :)

Glad to be here!

All the best,

Ross

To those of you who said thanks for the thread: you're welcome, in all senses of the word.

It's great to see you all, new faces and older community members alike, getting to know each other. Bright blessings to all. :)

I will try to make My introduction concise since I do have a habit of rambling on.
I am a 52 year old Dominant Woman...Canadian...that has relocated to Sweden one year ago to have 24/7 control of the slave who travelled all the way to Canada to meet Me.This relationship is in its third year and is happy and stable.
I have enjoyed the D/s side of BDSM for over 30 years as a Bi Dominant, have never had the desire to submit. I have been training or introducing submissives and Dominants into the 24/7 style of BDSM for what seems like a lifetime, when I feel a real need in them to take the complete journey past the games and into the mind. I have trained and assisted in Canada, the USA and Europe...never from the ProDomme perspective as I do it for My joy not My profit.
It is My belief that both Domination and submission begin in the mind and trap the body in the agony of hell and the ecstasy of heaven. The contradictions that feed the kinks we have. I enjoy a lifestyle of rituals and rules and a healthy dose of the physical from strap ons to chastity belts complimented with whips and paddles etc etc etc. I will leave the etc.'s to your imaginations!
I began My website www.themistress.addr.com several years ago when all I could find on the net was the extreme and unrealistic fantasy perspectives of the lifestyle that is My joy. I have since found several sites that I value and send others to.
What brought Me to Lit? Honestly I did a search trying to find legitimate places to place an ad for a female submissive with a deep need to live the 24/ lifestyle in a happy and well adjusted home. Even though I quickly felt this was not the forum for advertising I felt a compatibility and deep respect for the people here and stayed. I read much more than I post and always begin My day with Lit and coffee!
I retired from Marketing and Promoting shopping centers when I was 39 and fortunately am financially able to spend My time writing and training without working these days. Unless you would consider the 6 books I am currently writing as work. I travel a great deal between North America and Sweden and am a cat lover.
Thank you all for the warm welcome you have extended to Me and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Mistress Marlene

So much for My concise introduction...

I forgot to mention that I am a writer who pens childrens books to erotica. Soon to begin the publisher hunt as I debate the desire to begin an agent hunt as well....O yes I am looking at it backwards I think...sort of the egg or the chicken kind of thing!

Have you considered a graphic illustrator for your books yet?

Shadowsdream said:
So much for My concise introduction...

I forgot to mention that I am a writer who pens childrens books to erotica. Soon to begin the publisher hunt as I debate the desire to begin an agent hunt as well....O yes I am looking at it backwards I think...sort of the egg or the chicken kind of thing!

I would like to talk with you concerning any illustrations you might want to include in your work. Please email me directly at
[email addy deleted by cymbidia, Forum Moderator]

Thanks,
Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should take time at the beginning of thier tenure here to read the forum rules so that each of us acts in a responsible and appropriate manner while we're here.

Welcome to the BDSM Forum
http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81138

Hello and welcome. Our rules here are simple and few, attributes that we hope make them as easy to adhere to as they are to understand.

BDSM Forum Rules

1. No spam
2. No personals ads
3. No posting of another's personal information
4. No posting of your own private email addy
5. No threats

This thread has been really interesting, cause I've got to know so much more about both regulars and newbies :)

hello :D

im not exactly a newbie but i am on this forum ... i do lurk occasionally and read some of the threads here ... i find some wonderful thoughts being expressed so that's why i enjoy reading the posts i will carry on lurking and maybe when i get some courage or find a subject i feel i can contribute to i will post as well :)

excuse my poor grammar and lack of punctuation as cymbidia knows its not the best :p

any other info i can think of ... im of the lesbian persuasion i talk about my girlfriend too much and she will also now and then steal my account (although she usually signs her posts differently :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back