Why Is Liberal California The Poverty Capital Of America?

Why does BeeZeBody use Google—a Californian company—instead of an alt-right alternative?
 
Why does BeeZeBody use Google—a Californian company—instead of an alt-right alternative?


Cuz, BB's a

attachment.php



..
 

Attachments

  • Sanford1a.jpg
    Sanford1a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
You dumbfucks. I posted that so you know who to whine and bitch to instead of anonymous folks on the interwebs.

That's not an exaggeration. There are no GOP statewide office holders in CA. Both senators are Dems and a big majority of the State Assembly and Senate and the members of Congress are Dems.

It's already been here addressed, boxhead.
 
California's Brown raises prospect of pension cuts

No one? Anyone?

California Governor Jerry Brown said legal rulings may clear the way for making cuts to public pension benefits, which would go against long-standing assumptions and potentially provide financial relief to the state and its local governments.

Across the country, states and local governments have about $1.7 trillion less than what they need to cover retirement benefits -- the result of investment losses, the failure by governments to make adequate contributions and perks granted in boom times.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-raises-prospect-of-pension-cuts-in-downturn
 
The California economy’s surface strength hides looming weakness

No one? Anyone?

In the coming years, California’s claim of being the economic exemplar of the country may be further undermined by legislative overreach. The statewide rise in the minimum wage will hit the lower-wage sector, particularly outside the coastal enclaves. Various plans to boost the welfare state, such as a single-payer health care system that includes the undocumented, and a host of union-driven initiatives, seem certain to drive up costs and impose an ever-heavier tax burden on the state’s struggling middle class.

Perhaps most threatening, over time, may be a host of new environmental laws which will impose enormous burdens on affordable housing, energy prices and industrial growth. The slowdown in tech growth, coupled with a looming decline in the markets as the Trump agenda unravels, could weaken the capital gains juggernaut that has sustained the state through the past decade. Gov. Jerry Brown, under whose watch spending has risen 45 percent, is already predicting a large deficit for next year.
https://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/...omys-surface-strength-hides-looming-weakness/
 
Little Luk and his three fat fleas
can't see the forest for the trees
:D

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

By Kerry Jackson
January 14, 2018


Guess which state has the highest poverty rate in the country? Not Mississippi, New Mexico, or West Virginia, but California, where nearly one out of five residents is poor. That’s according to the Census Bureau’s Supplemental Poverty Measure, which factors in the cost of housing, food, utilities and clothing, and which includes noncash government assistance as a form of income.

Given robust job growth and the prosperity generated by several industries, it’s worth asking why California has fallen behind, especially when the state’s per-capita GDP increased approximately twice as much as the U.S. average over the five years ending in 2016 (12.5%, compared with 6.27%).

It’s not as though California policymakers have neglected to wage war on poverty. Sacramento and local governments have spent massive amounts in the cause. Several state and municipal benefit programs overlap with one another; in some cases, individuals with incomes 200% above the poverty line receive benefits. California state and local governments spent nearly $958 billion from 1992 through 2015 on public welfare programs, including cash-assistance payments, vendor payments and “other public welfare,” according to the Census Bureau. California, with 12% of the American population, is home today to about one in three of the nation’s welfare recipients. The generous spending, then, has not only failed to decrease poverty; it actually seems to have made it worse.

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, some states — principally Wisconsin, Michigan, and Virginia — initiated welfare reform, as did the federal government under President Clinton and a Republican Congress. Tied together by a common thread of strong work requirements, these overhauls were a big success: Welfare rolls plummeted and millions of former aid recipients entered the labor force.

The state and local bureaucracies that implement California’s antipoverty programs, however, resisted pro-work reforms. In fact, California recipients of state aid receive a disproportionately large share of it in no-strings-attached cash disbursements. It’s as though welfare reform passed California by, leaving a dependency trap in place. Immigrants are falling into it: 55% of immigrant families in the state get some kind of means-tested benefits, compared with just 30% of natives.

rest of sad story here:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-jackson-california-poverty-20180114-story.html
 
Doesn't change the fact that it's all held by the elites...the way D's like it. ;)

They voted for Barack Obama twice. Did they not understand that the point of his presidency was to spread the wealth around?

Which reminds me is anybody check to see if all of the money that Barack Obama didn't earn so far since he left the presidency is being spread around in any way? He really didn't earn that.

...unless of course they are simply fulfilling their side of a previously arranged bargain that was struck while he was still president.
 
Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?


Hello, vettebitch. Either address me directly like a man or continue to be the cowardly cunt that we all point and laugh at.

u4r96AL.png
 
Little Luk and his three fat fleas
can't see the forest for the trees
:D

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

By Kerry Jackson
January 14, 2018


Guess which state has the highest poverty rate in the country?...

rest of sad story here:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-jackson-california-poverty-20180114-story.html


Thank you for doing that which BeeZeBody doesn't.




Interesting.

According to the link in the article:
http://www.politifact.com/californi...alifornia-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

Our research

From 2013 to 2015, California had America’s 17th-highest poverty rate, 15 percent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Official Poverty Measure. That measure uses income levels to determine poverty, but does not consider differences in cost-of-living among states. It lists the official poverty threshold for a two-adult, two-child family at $24,036 in 2015.

During the same period, California had the highest poverty rate, 20.6 percent, according to the census’ Supplemental Poverty Measure. That study does account for cost-of-living, including taxes, housing and medical costs, and is considered by researchers a more accurate reflection of poverty. For a two-adult, two-child family in California, the poverty threshold was an average of $30,000, depending on the region in the state, according to a 2014 analysis by Public Policy Institute of California.

Looking at state poverty rates, the second highest is Florida’s 19 percent, followed by New York’s and Louisiana’s shared 17.9 percent rate. The national average is 15.1 percent using the supplemental measure.

So .55% more Californians lived in poverty compared to America in general.


also
Data from that report, and researchers who study poverty, support Mayes’ statement. The state’s 20.6 percent poverty rate is higher than any other, though Florida’s 19 percent rate is close, especially when considering the margin of error.
 
Jeez, another RWCJ thread put to bed. Poor dumb fuckers.
 

Because of Republican "trickle-down" economic policies.

Their love of letting people exchange goods and services as openly as possible so that everyone, and not just the wealthy elites, has an equal opportunity to make a living for themselves?

Is that not a question which answers itself?

Simple: subsidies lower the cost. Anything you lower the cost of, you get more of.

California does not differentiate between a legal and illegal immigrant. According to that article 55% of all of them are on government assistance. There's a formula for success. Import an underclass and pay them to live there.

Which party do you suppose that the 55% of immigrants and 33% of non-immigrants who all receive government assistance vote for?

Because there isn't a single Republican holding statewide office. Radical doctrinaire leftists are in total control of the apparatus of state government including education and the state and aspects of federal judiciary with jurisdiction within its borders. The state of California is in open rebellion against the United States and the Constitution, and that is no exaggeration.

Well...they TRY harder?:confused:

With all the natural resources and tech doesn't really make sense.

It says right in there that no Republicans hold statewide office.


That's not an exaggeration. There are no GOP statewide office holders in CA. Both senators are Dems and a big majority of the State Assembly and Senate and the members of Congress are Dems.



All of them ^^

"RWCJ"

Wazat?
 
Back
Top