Conversations

Simple Pleasures

The best pleasures in life can't be bought. The sound of a lovers footsteps. The faint lingering smell of her scent. The sound of a friend's laugh. The tumbling footsteps of a toddler running. The smile on a child's face. The sound of a little girl's giggles. A cup of coffee in camp, on a cool damp spring morning, with the scent of the earth permeating the forest air. Soaking in a warm hot spring, letting the fears and stresses soak away staring at the mountains. The sound of rain pelting against the canvas of a tent, watching natures lightning show. The look in a dogs eye when his master comes home. The purring of a cat. The caress of a lovers hair against my cheek in the morning. The first taste of her lips.

Share a few of yours........
 
Being woken up by the first rays of sunlight in the morning (my old bedroom faced east)
Watching the sunset with a warm, light breeze wafting through your hair
Standing at the edge of a beach, feeling the waves gently lap at your feet
Tuning into a radio station just as it's playing a song of significance to you
Feeling your heart pound faster and faster in anticipation as the rollercoaster you're on starts chugging uphill
That split second when your heart leaps into your throat as the rollercoaster then starts plunging downhill
Having a random stranger wish you a good morning or give you a smile
That very first bite of cake/pie/[insert favourite dessert here]
 
Our need to Believe

We seem to have an innate need to believe. Some researchers have even reported chimpanzees sitting in front of a waterfall in admiration. Perhaps it provides an evolutionary advantage or perhaps its part of our DNA by design. In any case I hope everybody had a Happy Easter.
 
Community

I was standing in a strand of trees and it occurred to me that they were living in a community. Protecting each other from the wind. The roots forming a symbiotic web of nutrition. There decaying leaves providing sustenance to each other. Human communities are much the same way. They provide nutrition for our souls.
 
Hope a Four Letter Word

Hope a simple four letter word with incredible power. It has the ability to lift civilizations from despair. The power to take away despair and lift a soul from depression. Save a relationship from ruin. The ability to save a life, or perhaps allow a peaceful end with dignity.

Oxygen provides our cells and mitochondria with the energy we need to keep on breathing. Hope provides our soul with the food it needs to continue to thrive.
 
I may sound dull or wimpy kind I hope people can bear with me...

Conversation starts with something doesn't matter however not necessarily sexual.... it flows with the ideas of the people who know it or who don't know yet they talk about it without realizing at some point they will come to an understand or completely disagree.

Starting a conversation has become nothing short of a marathon, yet once it flows whatever flows with it good or bad has its own charm & may even inspire people.

With that I say I'd like to sit by a lake with a person beside me having a conversation with not even a word spoken yet it leaves me filled with a sense that a lot has been spoken between me & person with me along with the nature.
 
Nonverbal Communication

I would agree with you the vast majority of communication is nonverbal. A look or smile can say more in an instant, than words can say in a paragraph.
 
Intelligence is sexy!

I've often wondered where good conversations went by the wayside. Where the preference are acronyms, abbreviations and pure junk. Even in my classroom I strive to coach my students to articulate their thoughts and not just grunt them out. Smile

Always enjoying meeting new people and I'm a lifelong learner.

Robbin
 
Things that bring a smile to my lips

A child giggling
Pitter patter of little feet
A majestic healthy tree
Another smile
A random act of kindness
The sparkle in a woman's eye
Sundresses
A woman's bare shoulder and neck
A good beer
The aroma of a charcoal grill
A good conversation
Coffee with a good friend
Making love on a rainy spring morning
Please feel free to add a few of your own
 
A trueism

The greater the circumference of your knowledge, the longer the boundary of your unknowns.
 
Polishing Shoes

I sit on the floor, staring at a pair of old leather shoes. It is that time again. Yet another meeting. My suit hangs upstairs. I reach for the shoes and my mind wanders. These shoes have seen a lot of my life and growth. They have been present at all the key moments of my life. As I start to apply the warm wax to the old leather it regains its shine. The old wear marks start to blend away.

My Dad gave me these shoes. He was not big into gifts but I will never forget the pride in his eyes as he handed me the shoes. I was just starting my professional life and he was very happy and I think content. He sacrificed a lot for me to reach that moment in my life. He made a lot of mistakes, but he also did a lot right. He is older now.

I fear that I have a few good years left with him. He did his job. Now its my turn...

My belated tribute to Fathers Day
 
The Science of Happiness

Things that don't work:

wealth
success
Facebook
twitter
living in the developed world vs the third world
religion
winning the lottery only buys about 3months worth

Things that do bring Happiness:

spirituality
friends
nature
leisure time
gardening
doing a kind act for another
giving thanks
genetics if your parents were happy you probably will be too
smiling fake or real

Post a reply and tell me what made your lips turn up in a smile this week
 
“A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet.” ― Truman Capote

I'm always up for a good conversation. PM me if you want to just talk and laugh with me too.
 
Nature

Nature brings me serenity. It keeps me calm and grounded in a world of upheaval. I wish I could be closer to it, but sometimes due to life circumstances that is not always possible.

Nature gives us all sustenance. It provides the air we breath and the food we eat. It provides us with the water we drink. I would go a step beyond. Not only does it provide for our physical existence it also is the food for our souls.

It can be incredibly cruel at times. It does not negotiate and usually is not very forgiving. Yet we seem to desperately need it.

We put grass and trees around our houses t be closer to her. We set aside natural parks and forests to preserve her. We build water fountains to mimic her sounds.

Yet we shun her at the same time. We fail to realize that nature does not require that we take care of her. All it asks that we don't actively harm her. Ultimately she will continue to exist but we may not survive the transition.

I have never met a person who found peace in the noise of a car honking and I have also never met a person that did not enjoy the sound of a gurgling stream and a chirping bird.

Time to go for a walk.
 
Back
Top