Moving On (open)

silvertongue217

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 21, 2014
Posts
6,390
Ian swallowed hard ignoring the dirty look his wife sent him as she hurried out of the courthouse. Her new younger boy friend followed shooting him the same dirty looks and even going so far as to flip him off before disappearing after her.

“Serves you both right” He murmured adjusting his navy dress blues shooting a smile at his son who was currently sitting with his mother and father. He turned keeping his face stoic as he waited for the judge to finish speaking.

“With that done” The judge said his voice clearly irritated and tired. Ian was the last of his cases and even though Ian made sure to be on his best behavior his soon to be ex-wife had not been ranting and raving as her idiot hot headed boy friend tried to kick up as much fuss as possible. There case would have been a lot more solid if they hadn’t decided to open their mouths but since Ian was about to be a veteran and they were…. Well quite frankly annoying the judge quickly granted him full custody of their five year old daughter Alexandra. Even though his soon to be ex wife even had the gall to try and claim he touched her inappropriately which Ian had countered with more than enough witnesses and backing.

“Your free to go with your daughter” The Judge said favoring him with a tired smile “thank you for your service Mr. Breyer and I wish you and your daughter good luck”

“Thank you sir”

A few months later

Ian got up groaning as his alarm sounded. He shot out on large hand slamming the snooze button down before turning into his pillow. He debated about getting a few more precious seconds of sleep before he heard his daughter calling from her bedroom. He groaned knowing sleep wouldn’t come and instead got up pulling on a simple white t shirt and pushing his long black hair back. He scratched idly at his rebellion stubble (rebelling from the military life) and yawned blinking his green eyes tiredly as he went to help his daughter get dressed. Today was her first day of school which meant that they were both learning the new schedule. He could already hear his mother calling on his phone no doubt warning him of how much time he had left.

“Your grandmother is a worrier” He told Alexandra causing her to giggle and shake her head. He ignored the call (for now) and got his daughter dressed even getting some pop tarts in a napkin for her as they rushed to the car.

Okay so he didn’t do the greatest

His phone beeped and again alerting him he had another call from his mom

“Yes mom” He said patiently pulling his Truck out and joining the traffic.

“Your out the door right? “She said worriedly cutting to business

“Of course” He said chuckling “we’re about fifteen minutes out ma”

“Good” She said her voice relieved causing him to smile a veteran just like him his mother ran every thing with as much pinpoint accuracy as possible. It was a comfort to know she was still doing it even if he wasn’t. They chatted happily for a few more minutes before Ian finally pulled up to the school and said his good bye.


He got out patting his jeans worriedly as well as his button shirt. It showed off his muscular physique and looked good on him but he was still nervous about being in civilian clothing. He tried to look as relaxed as possible as he led his daughter in ignoring the curious and nosy parents and teachers as he went to his daughters class.

“I want to meet your teacher” He told her taking her hand and stepping into the classroom searching for her.
 
Last edited:
Kali Woke up hours before her day would need to be starting... That's how the first day of school always was... That nervous excitement, the anticipation. Knowing she wouldn't be getting any more sleep she climbed out of bed and began preparing for the first day of school.

After showering and trying, and discarding half a dozen outfits she picked a light blue blouse and a fitted pencil skirt. She left her long hair down and used a minimal amount of makeup. She had time to enjoy her first cup of coffee and poured one to go along with a pop tart as she headed in to school.

She was greeting her new students and helping navigate traffic as they walked in, she knew a lot of the families but she didn't recognize him, or his adorable little girl- who had the cutest, if not sorriest attempt at a ponytail. She smiled at them as she walked over to introduce herself.
 
Ian noticed the teacher coming forward and rose eyeing her, she was pretty almost to pretty to be a school teacher.

"Hello Ms. Woke right?" Ian said coming forward and holding out his hand "Ian Breyer"

He shook her hand and turned gesturing for his daughter to come forward "and this is Alexandra my daughter"

Alexa hid but still nodded politely and even waved at the teacher as Ian laughed.

"You will have to forgive her she is still a little shy after every thing that happened do you mind if I walk her in? And then if your not to busy I would like to speak to you and let you know some things"

He gave her a polite and handsome smile hoping he wasnt stepping on any toes. Ever since the court case his daughter tended to be skittish about not being around him. She was afraid of her mother that much was obvious. Ian had no doubt she would cause some drama and wanted to let the teacher know as a just in case.
 
She smiled as she shook his hand and then focused on the little girl clinging to her father. "Believe me, the first couple of weeks are the hardest on both of you... Hi Alexa, I'm your teacher Miss Woley... Why don't you go pick out a desk and then you can show your daddy." The little girl hesitated but walked into the classroom to find a desk.

Turning her attention to the girl's father as they enter the classroom
 
"If I may" He said stopping her gently with a hand on her shoulder before they entered the class room.

"I am sorry to take up your time" Ian said giving her a small smile "this is not easy hell its down right embarrassing but I still need to make it known to you my ex wife I recently won custody of Alexa from her she has a history of drama and making drama and she has been warned she is not to pick up Alexa under any circumstances the school principal is aware of this as well I get off work right as the final bell rings it only takes me five minutes to get here I was wondering if you could stay with her until then make sure that no one bothers her and or her mother doesnt come stiring any drama?"
 
Kali listened as he filled her in on the situation, "don't worry, I stay after anyway so I will keep an eye on her until you get here in the afternoons. Schedules are tough even when it's under the best of circumstances. We will be alright." She glanced towards his daughter who had found a desk, "I appreciate you filling me in tho... Hopefully it never comes up, but if it does at least I know the situation...." As she finished the statement they were joined by the little girl, "Looks like someone found a desk!, why don't you show your dad and I will grab your name tag to stake your claim?" She smiled at the girl, then at her father.
 
"I hope so as well" Ian said smiling at his daughter as she came up "And thank you for being so understanding I cant tell you how much we both appreciate it"

He bent down kissing his daughter on the top of her head and straightening out her dress. He went in with her for a few minutes looking at the desk she picked out and making sure to oh and awe in the appropriate times. Once he was sure she was safe and secure in him leaving he edged away making sure to stop at the teachers desk.


"I know its old fashion" Ian said pulling out a red apple "but here she and I wanted to get you some thing"

He placed it on her desk and smiled tipping his hat at her before he began to make his way out of the room.
 
She smiled as she watched the interaction between father and daughter. Then he surprised her by giving her an apple, "well thanks..how did you know I needed something healthy to snack on... I mean- I ate pop tarts for breakfast this morning.." She laughed, "this was sweet, thank you- I appreciate it... And try not to worry too much.. She will have a fun time and have lots to tell you about this afternoon!"
 
"I have no doubt about that" Ian said smiling at her

"Have a good day Ma'am"

The day was spent with Ian chasing down job leads. Now that he was out of the military he was ready to get started with his life. The job he was working at now was just a hold over spot until he found some thing else.

His life with his daughter

Soon enough it was time to pick her up he pulled up noting the school ground was mostly empty. He got out moving to her class room and smiling once he saw her.

"there she is!" He said throwing his hands out smiling big as he bent down.
 
Her day flew by- trying to get the kids used to being in a real classroom. They were all great, some were wild and fearless while others were shy and reserved... They would all thrive once they adjusted to being away from mom and dad. The bell rang indicating the end of the day and they all walked out to find their parents. Alexa was standing with her and as Kali looked around she smiled at the young girl, "why don't you come inside and help me pick out the story for tomorrow while we wait for your daddy."

They were digging thru the book case when she heard him speak from just inside the doorway. Like a bolt of lightning the girl shot over to him and jumped into his arms. She could t help but to laugh at the site. "She might have missed you a little." She smiled as she stood up and walked towards them.
 
"Well the feeling was very mutual" Ian said picking her up and spinning her before setting her down. She ran off gathering her things and spending a few minutes playing as the two were left with one another.

"Thank you once again for doing this" Ian said smiling at her. She really was pretty he thought to himself biting on his lower lip as his eyes ran up body once more.

"I am sure you have some thing to get through so I wont take up much of your time" Ian said beckoning for Alexandra to come over "Still maybe one day you can have some dinner with us? Were going out now and I feel im going to owe you by the end of this semester" Ian said smiling softly.
 
She smiled at him, he was a very good looking guy and the way he was with his daughter just made him that much more desirable. She had to force that thought from her head and then she heard him mentioning dinner.... "It's really no problem... I'm normally here for a bit anyway before I head over to teach dance lessons, let me know if that little girl of yours is interested- it's a great way to break out of that shell a little...." She ran her fingers thru her long hair to push it out of her face, "you won't owe me anything, but I'm not sure I could turn down food either." She laughed playfully. Was she flirting with him?- no, she was just talking, wasn't she? Agh, this is what happened when she spent all her time with small children with little adult interaction
 
"You do dance" Ian asked his eye brow coming up in surprise "I uh... thats excellent"

He didnt mentioned that the revelation had sent a bolt of lust through him, nor did he mention his twitching cock in his jeans. Instead he swallowed and then smiled clearing his throat.

"If you dont mind we can go have dinner then I can take you over to the dance if you have the time to do so" Ian remarked glancing down at his daughter "alexandra would like that and I was thinking about putting her in some thing like that"
 
She laughed at the look that crossed his face, but to his credit, he covered it quickly. She glanced at her watch and nodded her head, "sure, I've got time to grab something before I go to the studio."

She grabbed her bag and followed the two of them outside to the parking lot, "so where is it we are going anyway?" She smiled at the little girl before looking to her father
 
"Well why dont you tell me where the dance hall is and we can find some thing close" Ian remarked stopping by his truck "I can give you the lift if you would like" Ian said nodding at his car "Or I can follow you whatever is easiest I of course dont mind staying and watching the dance lesson.

He blushed slightly, he hadnt meant to make that sound sexual but some how it did. He rubbed the back of his neck leaning back watching her and smiling in a sexy yet sheepish way.
 
She smiled, trying not to laugh at his blushing, "sure, I can ride with you- it will be easier to direct you to the studio anyway... As long as you don't mind bringing me back here later..."
 
"Oh I can do that" Ian said relief apparent on his face at the fact she hadnt noticed or didnt mention his little slip up. He helped Alexandra into the car and then went around and opened her door for her before clambering in himself. Once every one was secured he pulled out and followed her directions to the studio.

"Any good eats around here?" Ian asked her glancing over his shoulder muscles rolling as he craned his neck to look around.
 
Trying not to stare at his arms, she focused on the surrounding areas, "well, there's a pizza place on the next side street or a burger place a few blocks down on the left... I will leave it up to you two. I like either." She looked over at him and smiled as she waited for their decision.

She was trying, and failing thus far, to keep things professional... It was against her better judgement to get involved with parents of her students... But she needed to slow down- it wasn't like she was "involved" with the man. She was sharing a meal while they talked about her dance classes and then hopefully, if it went well, she would have a new little student at the studio....
 
"Uh I think burgers" Ian said glancing at his daughter who nodded in pleasure "It would seem she agrees" Ian said laughing in pleasure as he turned down the street.

"Ah I think I see it" Ian noted nodding at the place in question. He pulled in moving into the parking spot that was closest and stopping the car.

"You can tell me about the classes when we get in if you would like" Ian said opening his door and going over to help her out "My daughter really is curious about dance and im curious about you" He said wincing at how lame it sounded but nevertheless deciding to roll with it.
 
Last edited:
"Sounds good... I'm always recruiting for the classes so it would be my pleasure." She tried not to laugh at the second half off his statement but blushed a little, he wasn't actually flirting with her- he was just wanting to get to know the person who would be spending significant amounts of time around his young child.... Right?

She led them inside and waved at the girl at the counter as she picked a booth and slid inside. She watched as he helped the girl get settled and smiled at the two of them.
 
Ian smiled in pleasure at her words and breathed a sigh of relief that she wasnt ribbing him for his flirting. He opened the door for them all and within seconds they found a semi private booth.

"Order what you want" Ian said to her getting Alexandra settled and turning to place his own order. He continued to look at her out of the corner of his eyes trying not to make himself or his lack of experience in the dating game to obvious.

"So tell me about your dancing career" Ian said smiling at her "why did you open up a studio?"
 
She placed her order and smiled as he asked if her dance background. "Well I had grown up dancing and it paid for my scholarship for college so I was pretty good... But I was always passionate about teaching too.. So I got my degree in childhood education but when my father passed and left me some money, I couldn't pass up in the dance studio... Long story short- I opened the studio hired a couple instructors and I instruct around the school schedule." She smiled, "and that's me in a nutshell."
 
"Wow" Ian said his eyes widening at her story "Thats damn impressive really" He said as their food came.

"Well I think that would be excellent for my daughter" Ian said helping Alexandra with her food "I will gladly sign her up! This actually gives me an idea my mother was going to be watcher her and picking her up on the days I had to stay at work or when I find a new job perhaps and I would gladly pay you extra for this but I could have you take her right from school to the dance place? I can then pick her up after her lessons would make this entire process easier" He said smiling at her as he finished setting up Alexandra and began eating his own burger.
 
She smiled as he made his proposal. "That would be perfectly fine with me. I have no problem bringing her over with me on days we have class and you can grab her afterwards." As he set Alexa up she focused on her own plate, taking a bite of the burger. She looked across the table and smiled, "so tell me about you two... I mean- you can give me the readers digest version obviously."
 
Back
Top