What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :)

I thought yesterday was the main birthday thing, when we went to watch corpses in plastic, but it was just the prelude.

Eifman Ballet's Anna Karenina will start in a moment and we have great seats. Like I said, my life's amazing right now. :)

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you've enjoyed your day (though it sounds like you have) and that someone has presented you a cake worthy of a cake buffet. And Anna Karenina sounds like the perfect way to top off a birthday.

This could go either here or the Nerd thread, but I decided on here because I think more people read this thread (sadly), and lots of us seem to need extra smiles/laughs lately.

574568_609809365712500_1774266592_n.jpg

Thanks for the happy birthdays everyone. :rose:

The ballet was even better than I expected, and after it we went to our usual bar for a drink, and the owner carded me because he didn't believe I'm 29 now. Got a free beer, though (Norwegian Nøgne Ø #100, which is one of my absolute favorite beers in the world). It was the bestest birthday ever. :)

It was absolutely pouring with rain. I'd just found a parking spot and was waiting for the rain to ease before I walked to the hospital to see Sir.

Suddenly a young Pacific Island guy ran down the middle of the road in the pouring rain, clad only in his shorts. He jumped in the air a couple of times, dropped and did two pushups and then ran back up the road :eek: I looked in the rear view mirror and he was with two of his friends, also Pacific Islanders clad only in shorts, jumping in the puddles and gutters and running around climbing trees before again running down the road :D

They looked to be having so much fun I couldn't help it and burst out laughing. The rain had eased so I wound down the window and thanked them for making my day :D

Thanks for the happy birthdays everyone. :rose:

The ballet was even better than I expected, and after it we went to our usual bar for a drink, and the owner carded me because he didn't believe I'm 29 now. Got a free beer, though (Norwegian Nøgne Ø #100, which is one of my absolute favorite beers in the world). It was the bestest birthday ever. :)

Glad you had a great birthday, Seela! Hope the rest of the year is a beautiful one!
:rose::D

I inherited a painting from my Grandmother when she passed that everyone in the family kinda hated. Ok, so maybe The truth is that I was the only one willing to take it home, but still it became mine. It is a piece that was painted by a street painter in Paris that she bought directly from him when she travelled there. I do honestly like the painting, but when I look at it it reminds me of being a little thing flopped on her couch wondering if that was a real place... And would sit and stare and try to see if I could see the people walking along and the breeze blowing in the trees. I asked her when I was older about the painting and she told me it was a life dream to get to Paris and to walk the streets and it was a sort of proof to her that she finally made it there.

I finally hung it up in my bedroom today. When I look at it sometimes it takes me to Paris, but it also takes me to her couch in her living room... But when I am really lucky I takes me to that sticky olive green vinyl chair at her kitchen table to listen to her sip coffee and her tell the stories of making her dreams come true.

She gave me so much, but I also think in so many ways that she taught me the importance of dreaming. The painting may be a bit dingy and muddled these days, but I think it is terribly beautiful treasure and it always makes me smile.

Having a kick ass vacation! Wound up an amazing camping tour of Baja with a night in Ensenada. L took me to Hussongs Cantina. Being a Tuesday, it was all locals, and we partied with some crazy Mexicans.

Now in 29 Palms, enjoying hot showers once more. :D

Having a kick ass vacation! Wound up an amazing camping tour of Baja with a night in Ensenada. L took me to Hussongs Cantina. Being a Tuesday, it was all locals, and we partied with some crazy Mexicans.

Pics, preferably involving teeny tiny banana leaves, or it didn't happen. ;)

Good to see you back amongst the online and pervy.

*Green with envy*

This is great and all, but I went to Taco Bell yesterday.

I got a Fresco Chicken Burrito Supreme.

It, too, was "kick ass" and "amazing" and sort of "Mexican."

Also, while I ordered a small Diet Pepsi, they accidentally made me a medium, and then, ONLY charged me for the small. Also, SIX packets of fire sauce. For one burrito!

So yes, that was, like your partying, "crazy" in a way.

This is great and all, but I went to Taco Bell yesterday.

I got a Fresco Chicken Burrito Supreme.

It, too, was "kick ass" and "amazing" and sort of "Mexican."

Also, while I ordered a small Diet Pepsi, they accidentally made me a medium, and then, ONLY charged me for the small. Also, SIX packets of fire sauce. For one burrito!

So yes, that was, like your partying, "crazy" in a way.

The best part is that you ate at Taco Bell and lived to tell the harrowing tale.

Well no. I bought it and took it with me.

I'm not worthy.

Yet.

So sue me for a flipping preposition. I still say it's a miracle of some note that you survived this meal. Perhaps you should consider donating your digestive system to science. Not now, of course, but in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back