Is there something wrong with me?

Fala

Literotica Guru
I can watch/listen to the news for days on end, hearing about tragedies. 700 people trampled to death, cop shot, gunman goes into a church and kills innocent people....

Of course, I feel a sense of sadness whenever I hear of these things...

But...this evening, the skies opened up and dumped torrential rains over my home and I rush out into the sun room to close the windows.

I rolled one of the windows over a baby gecko by accident; killing it...and I call my husband bawling my eyes out.

What's the matter with me? :(

I can watch/listen to the news for days on end, hearing about tragedies. 700 people trampled to death, cop shot, gunman goes into a church and kills innocent people....

Of course, I feel a sense of sadness whenever I hear of these things...

But...this evening, the skies opened up and dumped torrential rains over my home and I rush out into the sun room to close the windows.

I rolled one of the windows over a baby gecko by accident; killing it...and I call my husband bawling my eyes out.

What's the matter with me? :(

It's easy to be numb to things that happen far away, but when something happens that involves you, it's different. :rose:

A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic.

Joseph Stalin

I feel much more compassion for animals than I do people generally. They're innocent and not always bright enough to know when they are in danger and should rollout. And yeah, I got fucking soaked on the ride home. That came out of nowhere.

Don't fret over it too much. Little dude had solid insurance.

LogoChar_Black_RReviews.png

You didn't kill any of the people you heard about on the news but that little lizard met his end by your hand. So no, nothing wrong with you, except you're a lizard murderer.

Last edited:
It's easy to be numb to things that happen far away, but when something happens that involves you, it's different. :rose:

Well, yes, for sure. But...it goes further than that. I cannot watch those ASPCA commercials...they just break my heart. I have already set up my credit card for a monthly contribution....and upped it TWICE. I just can't afford anymore.

I thought shortly after that when it "ran out", I would just start giving locally. But, they just don't seem to shut it down....for about 4 years now. LOL.

Also, I can't watch those National Geographic or Animal Planet type shows where the lion takes down the gazelle. I run screaming from the room and demand that somebody change the channel.

Even bugs! I catch all the bees and wasps that fly in thru the cat door and release them. Even caught a scorpion in our home once and let it go down by the bridge on my way to work.

I think I'm mentally ill...but I still like *me* :)

I feel much more compassion for animals than I do people generally. They're innocent and not always bright enough to know when they are in danger and should rollout. And yeah, I got fucking soaked on the ride home. That came out of nowhere.

Caught you by surprise too? I was out front, furiously trying to move plants off the porch into the rain when I remembered the back windows were open.

:eek:

You are a cyclist, aren't you?

Well, yes, for sure. But...it goes further than that. I cannot watch those ASPCA commercials...they just break my heart. I have already set up my credit card for a monthly contribution....and upped it TWICE. I just can't afford anymore.

I thought shortly after that when it "ran out", I would just start giving locally. But, they just don't seem to shut it down....for about 4 years now. LOL.

Also, I can't watch those National Geographic or Animal Planet type shows where the lion takes down the gazelle. I run screaming from the room and demand that somebody change the channel.

Even bugs! I catch all the bees and wasps that fly in thru the cat door and release them. Even caught a scorpion in our home once and let it go down by the bridge on my way to work.

Maybe you could volunteer at a shelter or foster stray animals? Maybe being more hands-on would help. :)

A lion eating a gazelle is nature. Nature is beautiful and cruel. It's just the way things are.

Bugs? Eww, no. I'm a bug serial killer. I hate them. Except for dragonflies. They kill mosquitoes so I leave them alone.

Ok....some of you have made me laugh....goofballs....all of ya's! :)

A single death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic.

Joseph Stalin

See, Sean...this is how I think most people are...or for survival's sake, should be. However, it does seem a bit cold...in cases of catastrophe, this would be an intrinsic tenet needed for the survival of the masses.

I think that you are just a really sensitive soul. :)

Thanks, Elixxxher! Given Sean's quote (above)....I shall die early in the catastrophe. heh

It's really more a matter of how we're wired. Human beings really aren't designed to deal with large numbers like that.

It's really more a matter of how we're wired. Human beings really aren't designed to deal with large numbers like that.

Surely, Sean Renaud! I'm trying to remember the essay I once read on the subject of the human psyche of dealing with mass death. When I remember who wrote it, I will post it.

I'm still in this life for the animals tho....and the little bitty geckos... :(

Caught you by surprise too? I was out front, furiously trying to move plants off the porch into the rain when I remembered the back windows were open.

:eek:

You are a cyclist, aren't you?

I saw it popping up and my boss was super cool and said, "Head on home before you get stuck in it." No such luck. I ain't agin it, getting wet, but the bike get's so filthy. My old bike looked good with a little dirt under the whiskers but this new one demands to shine.

oh! I am. Of the moto variety :)

Trust me. You do not want to run this film in reverse.

pattystack1.jpg

Out in the yard one day I stepped on a toad and heard it go (I'll spare you the sound) under my foot. Bugged me for a while.

I try to avoid honeybees on the clover, dandelions and other wildflowers when mowing.

I hate hitting something like a rabbit or squirrel while driving.

You're just fucked up like me.

Actually, Sean was right, or Stalin was right. When something close happens to you, it hits you harder.

I hit a small gosling once. It was in the middle of the road. I felt like shit. I had feathers stuck all over my car. It was awful. That was.......26 years ago. I have never forgotten it.

my cat loves to hunt geckos. i tell her she is a mighty lion.

as humans, we have to desensitize ourselves, else it would be too painful to live. sometimes little guys creep past our barriers. :rose:

I've hit a turkey. It dented my car. I too had feathers stuck at every point of impact.

I didn't cry over the turkey. I'm not sure it met it's demise. I would have reacted the same way Fala had I squished a gecko.

Back