Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

My kids don't really get a spring break, I guess since it's elementary school. They get a 5-day weekend over Easter, which has now been shortened to four days because of all the snow days they had.

University here, and probably should be just grateful that they've so far not assigned homework due right after break. Not sure if the local public schools are going to have a Spring Break, probably end up losing at least one day due to all the snow days.
 
Does it involve hands? :devil:





Yes yes yes! I got paid! First proper pay cheque in four months! Whoo-hoo! I took Piglet and her piglet friend to the expensive pool with flumes! then we went to IKEA and stuffed our faces! and I bought STUFF that I didn't really need, I just liked it!

I am going to buy clothes for Piglet and chocolate and domestic cleaning substances which I have been skimping on for days waiting to be paid! I am going to buy DVDs at a very cheap rate cuz they are really ancient romcoms which nobody but me and Piglet want to watch! I am going to buy nice wine and even nicer whisky! I am going to pay myself back my birthday money and buy a MATCHING purse and handbag!

I am going up the Valleys on the train for afternoon tea!!!!

:nana::nana::nana::nana::nana:


Hello Duchess, welcome back. :rose::kiss::kiss::heart:

Hope you have a wonderful time.
 
-offers a glass of bourbon, neat-

Strange to relate, I cannot recall ever having drunk Bourbon.
Not that I can get my head round several of the spirits of the USA, you understand.
And what's "branch" ? (as in "Bourbon & branch") ?

I need a large coffee.
 
Strange to relate, I cannot recall ever having drunk Bourbon.
Not that I can get my head round several of the spirits of the USA, you understand.
And what's "branch" ? (as in "Bourbon & branch") ?

I need a large coffee.

water.

specifically, branch water. In theory, the water from the same stream that serves the distillery. In practice, usually tap water.
 
Funny how money goes out quicker than it comes in.

I actually make more than I spend, when I get paid up to date, which isn't all that often lately...

__

I have been avoiding these forums because sometimes everyone here gets really wordy and I wasn't in the mood for reading. Everyone was surprisingly brief the last few days though.
 
Just got a copy of Thor: Dark World. Saw it in the theaters and while I didn't like it quite as much as the first Thor it was still a pretty good movie.

When did that come out on DVD? Need to buy that one. I liked it a lot more than the first one upon initial viewing.
 
Ugh the pre-Spring Break we need to get lots of homework assignments and testing done before you're gone for a week rush..

Gah - I have to mark a whole set of homework assignments now!

Hope you treated yourself to lots of frivolous stuff!

Oh-h-h yes :devil:.

Well, the new pcb mounting thing seems to work.

I think we need to know more ... much more :devil:.
(PS I have a list of really fine Bourbons to look out for which I tore out of the FT Weekend How to Spend It magazine.)

Hello Duchess, welcome back. :rose::kiss::kiss::heart:

Hope you have a wonderful time.

:kiss::heart:

When did that come out on DVD? Need to buy that one. I liked it a lot more than the first one upon initial viewing.

Thor Dark World is jolly good. We own it too! Piglet loves Thor and so I get lots of opportunity to watch it over and over. And again. :rolleyes:
 
And we're off!

Another great start to the module this year :rolleyes:. The marking guidance says one of the Learning Outcomes for this assignment I'm marking is 'ability to learn from feedback'. This is the first assignment for a Starter Module, so they haven't had any feedback! in fact many of the students have not written an academic word on which to get feedback since they left school years ago.

:nana::rolleyes::nana:
 
Woke up this morning expecting to have to shovel 2 to 4 inches of snow. Got dressed, walked downstairs, looked out the window, no new snow to speak of. Zero precipitation at all. I'm loving it. Bring on the spring! :D
 
Woke up this morning expecting to have to shovel 2 to 4 inches of snow. Got dressed, walked downstairs, looked out the window, no new snow to speak of. Zero precipitation at all. I'm loving it. Bring on the spring! :D

Similar situation here. A light coating, but not enough to do anything about. A far cry from the 6"+ they were predicting at first.
 
-sigh- One of those downsides to going back to college later on in life is having to deal with the procrastinating BS college students love to do and the fact that professors just looove to assign group work. :rolleyes:
 


Sonofabitch.


For those in the U.S.— did you realize that the time changes to Daylight Saving Time this Sunday?


Color me amazed.





 
So on one hand I might be able to knock out a grad requirement this summer, on the other I need to write the proposal in the next 36 hours...but the project sounds like fun. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top