THE WATERCOOLER

AngelofDarkLust said:
Am I going to have to tie you down and teach you a lesson? Or just make you write that story .... and then whip you with edits???

tie me down first, then whip me with edits, lol.

Grrrrrrr

God, can somebody shut her up already!!! She's so pretentious thinking she knows everything and acting all high and mighty! May I suggest she looks through her submissions before complaining about someone else's.

Who does she think she is huh? Her writing isn't even that good to start with and she has the gall to piss and shit on other people's writing! :mad:

She makes me so mad......I could strangle her without guilty feelings. Why won't anyone tell her what a bitch and snotty snobby obxnious cow she is!!! Am I the only one who sees HER for what she truly is!!! :confused:

Somebody keep me from getting on her case and starting WWW3 with her. The repercussions would be too high for everyone involved.

Shut the fuck up, 'kay....just shut the fuck up!!!!! :mad:

LadyCibelle said:
Grrrrrrr

God, can somebody shut her up already!!! She's so pretentious thinking she knows everything and acting all high and mighty! May I suggest she looks through her submissions before complaining about someone else's.

Who does she think she is huh? Her writing isn't even that good to start with and she has the gall to piss and shit on other people's writing! :mad:

She makes me so mad......I could strangle her without guilty feelings. Why won't anyone tell her what a bitch and snotty snobby obxnious cow she is!!! Am I the only one who sees HER for what she truly is!!! :confused:

Somebody keep me from getting on her case and starting WWW3 with her. The repercussions would be too high for everyone involved.

*massaging Lady C's shoulders and praying she's not talking about me* :D

:rose:

Holy hell in a handbasket!

LadyCibelle said:
Grrrrrrr

My God, LadyCibelle! I have never seen you so angry!

Will you PM me or write me a personal letter saying who is this woman? Feel free to vent anything else you need to vent.

Therapist isn't in my sigline, but I just wrote an essay on friendship (which I think I'll post right now), and it gave me an insight into being a true friend. You've been a true friend to me and I'm going to reciprocate.

Captain Midnight

SelenaKittyn said:
*massaging Lady C's shoulders and praying she's not talking about me* :D

:rose:

Nope Selena...wasn't talking about you. You're sweet and nice...nothing like THAT bitch!!

Hi new member here... are there any threads with discussion on where and how to post poems and stories? I do not want to start off posting things in the wrong forum... just direct me to the insturction page. thanks

and read some of my pieces when I post them... I think I am pretty good. I am actually thinking of getting published...

Nice to meet you all... Sunny

A fairly new newbie here. Earlier this evening I submitted my "name" to be included in the list of volunteer editors.

Was leery about posting here when I saw the first few posts. They reminded me of the posts currently found in GB. (Has it always been like that on GB?) However, I dug a bit further into this thread and saw things had settled down and well - here I am - a homeless Lit poster for right now checking out various forums.

I think this thread is great idea. I, myself, do not possess the talent to write erotica but love reading erotic stories. So, not being a writer of erotica, I don't feel comfortable in the Authors' Hangout; nor am I looking for cybersex, phone sex, pm sex, or to hook up with anyone except in a friendly, platonic way so I limit my posts to the other forums to word games - pretty much. How successful I will be as an editor for Lit authors remains to be seen but it is nice to know this thread is here if I do experience some success and need to bitch - I mean whine - no, no - when I need support, guidance and mentoring from more experienced editors

*puts on armor suit and hits submit button*

privyjo said:
A fairly new newbie here. Earlier this evening I submitted my "name" to be included in the list of volunteer editors.

Was leery about posting here when I saw the first few posts. They reminded me of the posts currently found in GB. (Has it always been like that on GB?) However, I dug a bit further into this thread and saw things had settled down and well - here I am - a homeless Lit poster for right now checking out various forums.

I think this thread is great idea. I, myself, do not possess the talent to write erotica but love reading erotic stories. So, not being a writer of erotica, I don't feel comfortable in the Authors' Hangout; nor am I looking for cybersex, phone sex, pm sex, or to hook up with anyone except in a friendly, platonic way so I limit my posts to the other forums to word games - pretty much. How successful I will be as an editor for Lit authors remains to be seen but it is nice to know this thread is here if I do experience some success and need to bitch - I mean whine - no, no - when I need support, guidance and mentoring from more experienced editors

*puts on armor suit and hits submit button*

Hey :)

I saw a few of your posts and I wanted to welcome you. I'm LadyCibelle, fearsome defender of serious editors, shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to you and proud embassador of the EF. I'm sorry that I haven't done so earlier but real life has been an incumberance lately :eek: and prevented me to have as present as I should here.

Also, let me welcome you into the editors' family. You'll notice that we're, mostly, a good bunch, we know how to support our own and we're always ready to listen and help when need be.

Bitching, moaning and complaining about piss-poor writers is not compulsory but you'll always find a sympathetic ear to listen to you.

LadyCibelle said:
Hey :)

I saw a few of your posts and I wanted to welcome you. I'm LadyCibelle, fearsome defender of serious editors, shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to you and proud embassador of the EF. I'm sorry that I haven't done so earlier but real life has been an incumberance lately :eek: and prevented me to have as present as I should here.

Also, let me welcome you into the editors' family. You'll notice that we're, mostly, a good bunch, we know how to support our own and we're always ready to listen and help when need be.

Bitching, moaning and complaining about piss-poor writers is not compulsory but you'll always find a sympathetic ear to listen to you.

Thank you for your welcome. I have "heard" nothing but good things about you. I do wish to be taken seriously as editor. While I may not write erotica, I do write nonfiction for my own enjoyment and currently am participating in an online writing course. I am looking forward to partipating in Lit as an editor. Any pointers provided on how to proceed will be appreciated.

I try not to bitch or whine too much but it is always nice to know there is somewhere to go when the last nerve has been tweaked!

I hope all is calming down in real life for you. I look forward to working with you.

I Shouldn't Even Be Here

LadyC is the most compassionate and caring person that I have ever met here; kbate is a close second. I haven't been on the forums lately so I haven't waded through pages and pages of posts. But (perhaps incorrectly, sorry if that's the case) I see that there are a few that have unkind words for her.

Lit is so lucky to have her (them) as editors. As a collective community we should be so proud and lucky to have them. I use them to help me grow as an editor, relying upon their knowledge to be able to better guide those writers who have chosen me to assist them.

I respect their determination not to allow misguided nimrods to deter them from their mission.

In my misguied ignorance I am probably responding to an old post that has since been resolved moons ago.

Sigh - It sucks to be old.

AS

AsylumSeeker said:
LadyC is the most compassionate and caring person that I have ever met here; kbate is a close second. I haven't been on the forums lately so I haven't waded through pages and pages of posts. But (perhaps incorrectly, sorry if that's the case) I see that there are a few that have unkind words for her.

Lit is so lucky to have her (them) as editors. As a collective community we should be so proud and lucky to have them. I use them to help me grow as an editor, relying upon their knowledge to be able to better guide those writers who have chosen me to assist them.

I respect their determination not to allow misguided nimrods to deter them from their mission.

In my misguied ignorance I am probably responding to an old post that has since been resolved moons ago.

Sigh - It sucks to be old.

AS

Tsk Tsk AS...how many times will I have to tell you? I don't like when you're putting yourself down like that!!! :mad:

It saddens me to see you do that. You have as much right as anyone else to be here, or anywhere else for that matter, and even if you were responding to an old post (which you`re not), you'd still be entitled to say what you want.

Please, dear, stop doing this (putting yourself down). I don't like it. You're a sweet and kind man....don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :rose:

I only know kbate slightly (and with her daughter now and another child to arrive next year, she'll probably be incredibly busy), but she was nice when talking with me. (We talked a little about horseback riding.)

LadyC, though is someone truly special. A very no-nonsense kind of lady who is capable of real love and compassion to the right people. I don't know I'll ever meet her face to face, and if I do I hope I meet her family with her and they take me to dinner and chat, but she's incredibly caring and wishes me a lot of success.

Hope you read my next story when I get it done, LadyC.

Jumping right in.

I know we really aren't discussing whether or not this thread belongs here anymore, but I just had to add in my two cents really quickly.

Every forum is open to randomn discussion, and it will happen, no matter how good the mods are. It happens. I've been a forum hopper for going on 6 years now, and eventually, it always deteriorates into randomn discussion, with a few on topic threads somewhere near the bottom of the fourth page. What Lady Cibelle has done here is substantially delay this process, perhaps even permanently do so. EVERY forum needs one randomn discussion board to rant on about their day, or anything else, otherwise its going to happen anyway in lots of different little threads that push the on topic ones down. This thread is an excellent idea, because it should help keep the spam and off topic discussion in ONE thread instead of many. Lady Cibelle, I applaud your idea. Excellent idea. They should have one in every forum if they don't already.

We all hate the spam and off topic post, but at least its localized and not spread out everywhere. One board is much better than many.

Having said that, my mood is good at the moment. I finally got my fourth chapter up, and even managed to get a short one shot fic written up and submitted. I just wish the approval process went faster, and I wasn't so afraid its going to get rejected for no reason like it did last time, and then I'd have to wait a whole 'nother week. People have been screaming at me for a fourth chapter. Not that I have a huge fan base, but still I hate the fact that I haven't been writing much. Which is why I've been writing non stop the last couple of days.

My hands hurt from all the typing. But at least I managed to sell my husbands old DJ equipment. Why he had that stuff in the first place, I'll never know. So I'd say all in all, besides possibly having carpal tunnel, my mood is good.

LuthienEllesar said:
Jumping right in.

[.....]What Lady Cibelle has done here is substantially delay this process, perhaps even permanently do so. EVERY forum needs one randomn discussion board to rant on about their day, or anything else, otherwise its going to happen anyway in lots of different little threads that push the on topic ones down. This thread is an excellent idea, because it should help keep the spam and off topic discussion in ONE thread instead of many. Lady Cibelle, I applaud your idea. Excellent idea. They should have one in every forum if they don't already. [.....]

I'll just say, thank you. :) :rose:

I hate how long the stories take to be submitted. I know its nesscary and its totally not Lauren's (or whoever previews the stories) fault, but I still hate it. I'm sure we all do. If we're not just mildly annoyed by it.

I miss my dog.

greetings from Fabio72

Hallo LadyC,

i hope that you little daughter will be recovering soon and your worries will end up! I wish you and your sister all the good you could have!
It's the first time i get in this forum....i read some your statements....i realy like loving wives story in particular i liked a lot DC&S from K.K. and an "unfhaithful wife"!

I am just writing my own story about a loving and cheating wife i would like to receive some your suggestions as just as i can post you the entire story!

My name is Fabio, i am 34 and i live in Milan (Italy)

I wish you everything in your life could be set and great time.

Fabio

I am really surprised and never even realized until it was pointed out to me that the first 2 chapters of Dark Desire are also the top two stories on the TOP LIST for the NC/R category. I had never even cared about that until it was pointed out.

Hey, read'em. I'm really proud of those posts. Of the 70+ I have to my credit, they're the best.

Casting the venom aside, I have a pressing editing question....

And before you mentally judge and humiliate me, answer me this to help me become a better editor.

When a writer has a character say something, if that expression doesn't end in a sentence, is the next start of the verbalization lowercase or uppercase' ??

Does this make sense ??

AsylumSeeker said:
Casting the venom aside, I have a pressing editing question....

And before you mentally judge and humiliate me, answer me this to help me become a better editor.

When a writer has a character say something, if that expression doesn't end in a sentence, is the next start of the verbalization lowercase or uppercase' ??

Does this make sense ??

Upper case--if you're asking what I think you are.

Back