The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How nice to know that French TV takes some interest in the UK.
Round South Wales it's been raining. and for an encore, it rained again; and again.

In the West Midlands - SNOW. Quite a bit of it. And it comes down gentle but persistent. And it';s bloody cold.

It's not so much the depth of the snow, per se, but the fact that it's so bloody inconvenient. I mean, we've had railways of a century or two, but the train still hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. THen there's airplanes, but that may be 'understandable'

As to the average driver, it's just yet another challenge, although we've not had the sheer stupidity of road grit/salt shortages like we had a year or two back.

From a snow-infested landscape, I bid you all
Good Evening.

Ps. Molly is just your food seeds you're planting ?

Yes, just food at this time. The pretty flowers come later--much later if things don't improve. :rolleyes: We have over a foot of snow with more coming down. Happy spring, everyone.

Oh guys, from the place where it's been raining (but we're used to it, LOL, it rains lots here), I'm sorry to hear about the snow inconveniencing you all. (Looks like a windy day today - rush the towels wash through!)

My piglet was furious when she found I'd had to struggle through six inches of snow to go and teach and had inconsiderately not taken her along to make snowmen in the freezing cold while waiting for trains on unsheltered platforms. I had to wait half an hour with two other people for one connection. I was really tempted to say, "Shall we cwtsch up?" (Welsh for cuddle).

Coffee anyone?
:rose:

My internet is really messed up.

Delay in the posting? Same here. Manu! What's going on?

Not so much a 'delay' as a complete mess-up. I think Manu has been playing again. I got a message saying the place was closed for the time being.

Rolf, please get that man a drink.

Naoko,
I think it would be nice to see a line of snowmen on the platform;
always assuming that it's the right kind of snow, of course.

Not so much a 'delay' as a complete mess-up. I think Manu has been playing again. I got a message saying the place was closed for the time being.

Rolf, please get that man a drink.

Naoko,
I think it would be nice to see a line of snowmen on the platform;
always assuming that it's the right kind of snow, of course.

LOL, next time I get sent off into the wild snowy wastes to teach one student, I'll make sure I build some and take a photo for you.

It's started lightly snowing here too. My towels are probably frozen solid instead of blowing in the wind. Sometimes the washing gets like that, I carry it in under my arm in stiff boards.

I saw a lovely cartoon once with an engineer kneeling by a railway track that had one leaf on it, saying into his walkie talkie: We have a problem!:)

Good day, Naked People.

I'm glad to see the Party has emerged from the internet mists and that it wasn't a figment of my imagination that posting was difficult yesterday.

What's everybody up to on this Naked day? :)

Good morning, everyone! I'm going to have to finish the painting I started a couple weeks ago this morning, but that won't take long. Yay for painters tape!

How nice to know that French TV takes some interest in the UK.
Round South Wales it's been raining. and for an encore, it rained again; and again.

In the West Midlands - SNOW. Quite a bit of it. And it comes down gentle but persistent. And it';s bloody cold.

It's not so much the depth of the snow, per se, but the fact that it's so bloody inconvenient. I mean, we've had railways of a century or two, but the train still hasn't quite got the hang of it yet. THen there's airplanes, but that may be 'understandable'

As to the average driver, it's just yet another challenge, although we've not had the sheer stupidity of road grit/salt shortages like we had a year or two back.

From a snow-infested landscape, I bid you all
Good Evening.

Ps. Molly is just your food seeds you're planting ?
It's quite amusing to see what the French news has taken an interest in sometimes. As far as trains and snow... I'm going to have to see if I can find the story of the Canadian train that was delayed for a day in snow.

Yes, just food at this time. The pretty flowers come later--much later if things don't improve. :rolleyes: We have over a foot of snow with more coming down. Happy spring, everyone.
Here, it's the other way around. I get my flowers going before I have a chance to plant the tomatoes. Because of limited space, tomatoes (more than two people need) are all we ever put in as far as food. Well, the herbs, but those annuals go in at the same time anyway.

Oh guys, from the place where it's been raining (but we're used to it, LOL, it rains lots here), I'm sorry to hear about the snow inconveniencing you all. (Looks like a windy day today - rush the towels wash through!)

My piglet was furious when she found I'd had to struggle through six inches of snow to go and teach and had inconsiderately not taken her along to make snowmen in the freezing cold while waiting for trains on unsheltered platforms. I had to wait half an hour with two other people for one connection. I was really tempted to say, "Shall we cwtsch up?" (Welsh for cuddle).

Coffee anyone?
When they were younger, some of the children of the mister's friends back home would get jealous whenever I told them how much snow we had at home (15, 25, 20, 23cm). They would cry, "Oh, I want to go visit anna and build a snowman!" The fella would then show his friends a picture of our yard and they'd have to explain to the kids that there isn't much of a snowman you can build on a postage stamp.

Good morning, everyone! I'm going to have to finish the painting I started a couple weeks ago this morning, but that won't take long. Yay for painters tape!

It's quite amusing to see what the French news has taken an interest in sometimes. As far as trains and snow... I'm going to have to see if I can find the story of the Canadian train that was delayed for a day in snow.

Here, it's the other way around. I get my flowers going before I have a chance to plant the tomatoes. Because of limited space, tomatoes (more than two people need) are all we ever put in as far as food. Well, the herbs, but those annuals go in at the same time anyway.

When they were younger, some of the children of the mister's friends back home would get jealous whenever I told them how much snow we had at home (15, 25, 20, 23cm). They would cry, "Oh, I want to go visit anna and build a snowman!" The fella would then show his friends a picture of our yard and they'd have to explain to the kids that there isn't much of a snowman you can build on a postage stamp.

Good luck with the painting! Nice shades?

I must order some veg for the Fella and Piglet to plant, especially potatoes. The first year we grew potatoes, Piglet was so excited. She kept rushing up to people and saying: Look, look! you put one in the ground and lots come out!
:)

Good luck with the painting! Nice shades?

I must order some veg for the Fella and Piglet to plant, especially potatoes. The first year we grew potatoes, Piglet was so excited. She kept rushing up to people and saying: Look, look! you put one in the ground and lots come out!

Now teach her some physics?

Hi all! It's the first day of spring break for the kids, it freezing out, and I have a nasty cold. I'm letting them make videos of themselves on the iPad even though it's not an official "electronics day." There's is a lot of "potty talk" going on. "I'm a little poopy short and stout, here is my fart, here is my butt." You know how that goes.

I could really use another hot toddy. I like mine with apple cider, but tea would do. I've got nothing on my to-do list today except dragging the wee ones on errands. The post office is up first. If they are good little ones, they will get some much needed new shoes.

I'd rather be on the beach. Where is the warm weather and sunshine???

Now teach her some physics?

LOL, we are on Egyptology. Planning a trip to London; the Piglet is desperate to go to the British Museum! We've been building Polly Pocket wall party things too. Think pink engineering. :) I was going to get more serious engineering implements but put off a trip to Halfords when a sweet young man from Autorescue insisted on coming and looking over our car and confirmed that it really is just a scratch on the bumper. He was very polite and did not fall about laughing when I asked if it would rust, only saying: "It's plastic," and not even adding: darlin', which I thought showed great respect and restraint.

Good morning everyone! Thank you for the coffee, Naoko. T-minus 30 minutes until I have to get ready for work. Much rather hang out here though. :D

Hi all! It's the first day of spring break for the kids, it freezing out, and I have a nasty cold. I'm letting them make videos of themselves on the iPad even though it's not an official "electronics day." There's is a lot of "potty talk" going on. "I'm a little poopy short and stout, here is my fart, here is my butt." You know how that goes.

I could really use another hot toddy. I like mine with apple cider, but tea would do. I've got nothing on my to-do list today except dragging the wee ones on errands. The post office is up first. If they are good little ones, they will get some much needed new shoes.

I'd rather be on the beach. Where is the warm weather and sunshine???

LOL, with you there. My piglet is tired out with the long term, and when asked what she wanted to do, said: Watch tv all day.

Sounds good to me!

I mean, I of course said, No, we must go for a healthy long walk and make nourishing food which we catch ourselves in traps we have designed as per the Cub Scout survival manual.

It is effing freezing here, and we are just going to huddle up over our supper (small wild animals caught ourselves, remember!), the tv and the fire in the living room and watch junk movies tonight. Er, on the clockwork DVD player which we built under the Dragon's online supervision.
:heart:

Good morning everyone! Thank you for the coffee, Naoko. T-minus 30 minutes until I have to get ready for work. Much rather hang out here though. :D

You are welcome! I had some pizza earlier but we seem to have noshed it all. Have some toast and marmalade?

Oh dear, Piglet is coming round saying she is bored! :eek: Shut netbook and run off to play educational board games.
LOL
:heart:

I don't know about Lit, but I lost connection completely. It's still shaky today, with over a foot of snow on the dish. I need a new ISP.

I don't know about Lit, but I lost connection completely. It's still shaky today, with over a foot of snow on the dish. I need a new ISP.

Satellite internet? How remote do you live?

Well drat on missing the pizza. What kind was it?

Satellite internet? How remote do you live?

Well drat on missing the pizza. What kind was it?

Not that remote, but the cable company sucks out here. I had to go out today and blast it with a super-soaker loaded with hot water. Works now. :D

Not that remote, but the cable company sucks out here. I had to go out today and blast it with a super-soaker loaded with hot water. Works now. :D

HAHA! I love that solution. And if there is any water left, you could squirt the neighbor who left their car blocking the street. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back