What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lil chihuahua hard at work.

111215-poverty-140a.photoblog600.jpg
 
What Vett means is kick ass Obama will cut nearly half a trillion dollars from our bloated government.
 
What Vette means is the craven Obama will shirk his constitutional mandate to defend the country in support of his beliefs that we all exist in order to support the non-productive unconstitutional policies of his Marxist regime. Get it right.

Except we'll still be the best defended country on the planet and the military isn't a whole lot more productive than any of his policies. If you think cutting spending right now is a bad idea for the economy your right. Still you should be praising him for a half trillion in cuts if you hate big government.
 
Except we'll still be the best defended country on the planet and the military isn't a whole lot more productive than any of his policies. If you think cutting spending right now is a bad idea for the economy your right. Still you should be praising him for a half trillion in cuts if you hate big government.

Military spending is good because it leads to killing brown people. Social Cuts are good because they kill brown people too.
 
Except we'll still be the best defended country on the planet and the military isn't a whole lot more productive than any of his policies. If you think cutting spending right now is a bad idea for the economy your right. Still you should be praising him for a half trillion in cuts if you hate big government.

Why should we praise him for only being able to find military cuts that we can afford?

Why can we not cut programs that do not work and proven to be based upon fallacies like Head Start?

I could be for military cuts if they were part of a comprehensive, overall package of balanced cutting, but these clowns won't even cut into the guaranteed baseline rate rate of growth of government.

It's all draconian, ruthless, radical, hateful, GREED...,
 
Obama will see to it they are deeper than that. He'd rather have an army of political cannon fodder than a real army.

He's actually probably more isolationist that Ron Paul.



He just wants to send out reparations and be done with it until he can get that one world government established...
 
Last edited:
I don't think Paul would have rationalized in any way shape or form, troops for Nigeria.

Obama doesn't see this as a military operation.

It's charity, largess, a PR stunt,

Meals on wheels.

Proving to the Arab Spring that we are a suitable role model and Islam-friendly, like the Kosavo adventure, the Mogue, Iran...,
 
Last edited:
He's actually probably more isolationist that Ron Paul.

He just wants to send out reparations and be done with it until he can get that one world government established...

Ascribin' positions to people and then criticizin' them for "their" positions....it's the Glibertarian way (Jeet Kune D'OH!)!
 
What's wrong with cutting a million and a half jobs from the government teet? Those government contractors would be more productive in the private sector.
 
I'm a conservative about defence. Time was, the 'conservative parties' on either side of the Atlantic would have represented me in defence matters, by being conservative: i.e., spend the minimum necessary on defence and only get involved in conflict when it's clearly in your national interest.

Have these terrible adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan taught us nothing? Wasted lives, billions of dollars unaccounted for, more billions spent on weaponry and the infrastructure of countries that have little to do with us (my own country in extemely junior alliance with the USA).

Patrick
 
Why should we praise him for only being able to find military cuts that we can afford?

Why can we not cut programs that do not work and proven to be based upon fallacies like Head Start?

I could be for military cuts if they were part of a comprehensive, overall package of balanced cutting, but these clowns won't even cut into the guaranteed baseline rate rate of growth of government.

It's all draconian, ruthless, radical, hateful, GREED...,

Because we don't spend money on much else. Social Security, Medicare/aid and the military. You could eliminate everything else entirely and it wouldn't equal 30% cut in any of these programs. So it's pointless.
 
How 'Job Creators' Are Fighting Back
By John Stossel (Libertarian)
Published December 17, 2011 | FoxNews.com

Some politicians claim that politicians create jobs.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says, “My job is to create jobs.”

What hubris! Government has no money of its own. All it does is take from some people and give to others. That may create some jobs, but only by leaving less money in the private sector for job creation.

Actually, it’s worse than that. Since government commandeers scarce resources by force and doesn’t have to peddle its so-called services on the market to consenting buyers, there’s no feedback mechanism to indicate if those services are worth more to people than what they were forced to go without.

The only people who create real, sustainable jobs are in private businesses -- if they’re unsubsidized.

Some CEOs are upset that people don’t appreciate what they do. So they formed a group called the Job Creators Alliance.

Brad Anderson, former CEO of Best Buy, joined because he wants to counter the image of businesspeople as evil. When he was young, Anderson himself thought they were evil. But then he “stumbled into a business career” by going to work in a stereo store.

“I watched what happens in building a business. (My store,) The Sound of Music, which became Best Buy, was 11 years (old) before I made a dollar of profit.”

In 36 years, he turned that store into a $50 billion company.

Tom Stemberg, founder of Staples, got involved with the Job Creators Alliance because he’s annoyed that the government makes a tough job much tougher.

He complains that government mostly creates jobs -- that kill jobs.

“They’re creating $300 million worth of jobs in the new consumer financial protection bureau,” Stemberg said, “which I don’t think is going to do much for productivity in America. We’re creating all kinds of jobs trying to live up to Dodd-Frank ... and those jobs don’t create much productivity.

Now, Stemberg runs a venture capital business. “I helped create over 100,000 jobs myself," he said. "Pinkberry and City Sports and J. McLaughlin are growing and adding employment.”

To do that, he had to overcome hurdles placed in the way by government.

“All that we get is grief and more hoops to jump through and more forms to fill out and more regulations to comply with,” complained Stemberg. “Fastest-growing investment segment in venture capitalism: compliance software,”

Compliance is the big word in business today. Every business has to have a compliance department. But resources are scarce, so these departments suck away creativity. It’s one reason that these successful businesspeople don’t think they could do today what they did in the past.

Mike Whalen, CEO of Heart of America Group, said he got started with loans from banks that took a chance on an unknown: “It is not an underwriting standard that can be dictated by Dodd-Frank with 55 pages. It’s kind of a gut instinct.”

But John Allison, who built BB&T Corp. into the 12th biggest bank in America, says that “gut instinct” is now illegal.

“It would be very difficult to do what we did then today. It was semi-venture capital thing. The government regulations (today) are so tight, including setting credit standards, particularly since the so-called financial crisis and since they ... changed the credit standards in the banking industry, making it very hard for the banks to finance small businesses.”

These successful businessmen realize that in one way, they profit from the regulatory burden. They can absorb the costs. That gives them an advantage over smaller competitors.

“Somebody who wants to compete with us can’t because we can afford to hire the guys that can read this stuff and to keep us in compliance with the law. They can’t,” Anderson said.

Politicians rarely understand this. One who learned it too late was Sen. George McGovern. After he left office, he started a small bed-and-breakfast and hit the regulatory wall he helped create. Later, he wrote, “I wish during the years I was in public office I had this firsthand experience about the difficulties businesspeople face. ... We are choking off business opportunity.”

Wish they learned that before leaving office.


Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/17/how-job-creators-are-fighting-back/print#ixzz1gn8hQ2Ks
 
AJ, the robber barons of the 21st century want to thank you for advancing their agenda.

But they're still not going to give you a coupon for a free x box.

Robber Barons like George Soros, Brian Harrison, Henrik Fisker and Jeffrey R. Immelt, friends of Obama?

Or the late Steve Jobs who gave us products we wanted and created a whole cadre of the 1% who pay the lion's share of the income tax?

Maybe you mean people like Pelosi's husband? Babs Boxer?

The congress critters who engage in insider trading?

And why would I ask for a free x box?

I was raised by Quakers. You do not accept free things; they are the temptations of the devil. We earn what we eat and I've been a good earner.

I am sorry if you are not.

:(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top