The Official Author's Hangout Earth Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

Winners, don't forget that you need to PM ( not email ) Laurel to claim your prize.

She's easy enough to find as the author of a couple of sticky threads at the top of the AH, and from there, you can find the PM option.
 
Congratulations to the winners.

Now it's time to sharpen your pencils, not rest on your laurels. Nude day contest is closer than you think! Two months before it starts, no excuse not to have your story done on time.
 
For those that haven't seen it yet:

Congratulations to the 2013 Earth Day Contest Winners!

Manu and I would like to thank all the authors who submitted during this special contest! We've tallied the reader's votes, and are happy to announce the winners of our 2013 Earth Day Story Contest.

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
The Dryad by Armphid

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
Bonsai Hunting by eclare

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Petition by slyc_willie


The 2013 Special Contest schedule, with full rules and dates, is here.

The next special contest is National Nude Day. Full contest details and dates at the link above!

Happy Earth Day to all Literoticans!

Just bumping the winners to the next page.
Also I would like to thank Sun for doing such a great job on the updates.
Great Job :)
 
Congrats to the winners! And thanks to DG Hear for posting them here. Sorry I didn't do it myself, but PennGirl turned five yesterday and there was a party to prepare for. And you never realize how much work it is to entertain a group of 5yos until you do it. Whew.

And now we have a breather until the Nude Day contest.
 
Congrats to the winners! And thanks to DG Hear for posting them here. Sorry I didn't do it myself, but PennGirl turned five yesterday and there was a party to prepare for. And you never realize how much work it is to entertain a group of 5yos until you do it. Whew.

And now we have a breather until the Nude Day contest.

Glad to help! You've helped me many times. Happy birthday to the little one.
Your Friend
DG:)
 
Congrats to the winners! And thanks to DG Hear for posting them here. Sorry I didn't do it myself, but PennGirl turned five yesterday and there was a party to prepare for. And you never realize how much work it is to entertain a group of 5yos until you do it. Whew.

And now we have a breather until the Nude Day contest.

It's funny. As an exhibitionist, I shouldn't have any trouble writing a Nude Day story. But I do. I guess, beyond simple nudity, there isn't enough inspiration to pull from.
 
Simple nudity doesn't seem very erotic to me. So I don't have much interest in a Nude Day theme.
 
congrats too everyone.

Not the easiest of theme to write erotica about. Loved the stories I read...and the one I did,lol.

To the winners...damn good job.

M.S.Tarot
 
Simple nudity doesn't seem very erotic to me. So I don't have much interest in a Nude Day theme.
I have to agree with your comment and slyc's too. On it's own nudity is a bit blasé.

Maybe if things got spiced up a bit, then it would become more of a challenge?

By say combining nudity with some crazy random shit. Something that has to be also central to the story. Like strawberries in a fish tank, a parachutist hanging from a tree, a stuttering dwarf, the possibilities are endless.

Then, we have a real challenge.

A contest within a contest.
 
Happily you can write about anything for that contest, as there aren't any actual filters for theme. Just including the words "nude" or "naked" should do it, which are hard to avoid in an erotic story.
 
Sorry slyc, I didn't mean to slight you.

I checked out your story. I'm really impressed. And I love your relaxed writing style.

Thank you.

For the record, I wasn't insulted. Just amused. I've been called many things on this site. I didn't take "slyc-boy" as an insult, was just wondering where it came from. ;)
 
Nude Day was always difficult for me, but the last couple of years, I've managed to find some good ideas. My problem had always been my personal idea of what the theme should be, which is far more strict than the actual contest description.

Lately, I've found that setting it in safe locations ( nudist resorts, deep in the BWCA ) and mixing a nudist with a non gives me the right mix of tension, plausibility, and proper adherance to theme. I'm really happy with "Double Dip", "Beauty of the Wood", and "Nude Holly Day" ( which was originally supposed to be Nude Day, but got pushed to summer when I couldn't finish it in time and it worked just as well for that contest )

Beauty placed here in the contest, Double Dip is an editor's pick on another site, and Holly has the most feedback on a single story outside of Incest or LW ( mostly emails begging for a continuation. I left it in the right spot with the right conditions to do so eventually. Plenty of possible tension points to work off of )

Seem to be nailing the nudist thing as well. Picked up lots of compliments on my take, much like my take on Wicca. Always scares me when I delve into someone's lifestyle without a personal reference, and always tickles me when I pull it off :D
 
I spent so much time editing and re-working my Earth Day submission - I completely missed the deadline. (Okay, to be fair to me, work did interfere, too.) Sucks, because that's a big hit to take to my chances in the Survivor Contest. Oh well.

As for Earth Day ideas - I find inspiration in some of the pics I've found in other forum threads - specifically, the pics that show an amateur clothed and then naked. Maybe it will help someone else, too? http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=44279413&postcount=4353
 
Back
Top