ABSTRUSIONS: A Bohemian hangout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EmeraldKitten said:
Rem! Where ya been? :)

Oh, here and there...taking care of this and that in RL and writing poems when I should be adding to my NaNo total (cursing the muses for only coming when I can't take notes)....<smile>

How's things wi' you?

Colleen Thomas said:
Light & sweet :)

I'll pass on the food, just took my meds. How are you doing today? :)

I'm fine this morning. Yesterday I was a bit of a wreck, let the no-carbing go a little overboard and dropped my bloodsugar further that I really should've...but today's much better...(we'll see how it goes when I wake up this afternoon<g>)

I thought almost all meds worked better with something to eat...but I'm sure someone'll take care of polishing them off...

<making mental note on coffee instructions>
{{REM: Colly drinks coffee like I do.}}

Remec said:
I'm fine this morning. Yesterday I was a bit of a wreck, let the no-carbing go a little overboard and dropped my bloodsugar further that I really should've...but today's much better...(we'll see how it goes when I wake up this afternoon<g>)

I thought almost all meds worked better with something to eat...but I'm sure someone'll take care of polishing them off...

<making mental note on coffee instructions>
{{REM: Colly drinks coffee like I do.}}

Almost all meds do, but the ad med I take is the kind you put under your tongue and let disolve. It goes to your brain faster, but leaves a taste in your mouth I would not even attempt to describe. Until the coffee washes it away the thought of food is just yucky.

minsue said:
Mornin, Luc. Sorry I didn't have a better answer for ya on the NaNo thread the other day. :rolleyes: :D

That's okay. Here's what I ended up doing for that scene:

He looked out at the landscape again. There was a sort of calming atmosphere about it, he noticed. This far from people in the true wilds of Mother Nature, there was a fluttering away of stress and urgency. He knew there was still danger in the form of coyotes and lawmen with thick notebooks, but it seemed so distant when there were only the rocks, sun, cacti, and lizards (okay, we’ll admit he has just a little bit of that romanticism in him).
“When was the last time you relaxed, son?”
This one got a response. The Doc turned his head to see Charon staring at him with his full concentration. He had to look away when he looked into his eyes. There was so much sadness buried in them. Literally buried, with little tombstones. It was kind of creepy.
“Relax,” Charon muttered slowly as if playing with the sounds of the word. The Doc’s eyebrows rose a bit. What kind of world had the kid come from where relaxation was a foreign word? This was actually more telling of The Doc than Charon. Perhaps, if he had paid some…any attention to history as he had grown up, he might have remembered the bloody though thoroughly sanitized and romanticized tales of the Age of Misery. Then he would still have wondered because the rulers of the Age of Misery had somehow maintained a spiffy PR front for the ravages of time and hindsight.
“Yeah, you know. Loosening up, calming down, letting down your guard. Finally letting the tensions go,” The Doc explained still looking out into the desert.
“Sounds foolish,” Charon replied and returned to his subconscious scanning of the desert landscape.
“Actually, it’s a natural human action.”
Charon nodded. “Foolish,” he repeated. The Doc sighed once again. At least this one doesn’t seem to be entering a flashback, he thought to himself as a form of inadequate comfort. He still wasn’t understanding the emotions that were driving him to, what was the word, oh yeah, care about these people in these ways. These were just people, albeit inconvenienced by a device that he himself had invented, but really had this been the first time? He had no real reason to think of them as anything other than temporary guests and possibly as an incentive for quicker progress at the most. He suspected that this inconvenient and hidden empathy would doom him if he wasn’t careful.

Colleen Thomas said:
Almost all meds do, but the ad med I take is the kind you put under your tongue and let disolve. It goes to your brain faster, but leaves a taste in your mouth I would not even attempt to describe. Until the coffee washes it away the thought of food is just yucky.

Gotcha...when my allergies are really acting up, I sometimes have to take a syrup for my throat that leaves me the same way...eat? on top of this? Ewwww.....

Remec said:
Oh, here and there...taking care of this and that in RL and writing poems when I should be adding to my NaNo total (cursing the muses for only coming when I can't take notes)....<smile>

How's things wi' you?

*Kissing your cheek back*
Real life sucks doesn't it? lol.
Poems are good.. at least you're writing. :kiss:
How's the NaNo thing coming anyhow?

Things are all right.. I think I need a new job.
One that doesn't involve people, LOL.

Other than that, I'm pretty good.

Hey, I thought ya said ya were gonna call me Emmy? LOL. :p

Mornin Cloudy and Dran... and.. hell, whoever else popped in during the 5 minutes I was off, hehe.

EmeraldKitten said:
*Kissing your cheek back*
Real life sucks doesn't it? lol.
Poems are good.. at least you're writing. :kiss:
How's the NaNo thing coming anyhow?

Well, let's see...it's the morning of the 18th, so I should be somewhere around 28339...and I'm only at about 6125 or so...last official count was 6104, but I've rewrit some lines and paragraphs while rereading to try and kick start myself...

I don't dispair of making it...just wish I'll get further than it looks like right now...but it's only my first attempt at doing anything like this, so I suppose anything is good, right?

china-doll said:
It goes. Only about 40,000 words behind schedule for NaNo. :rolleyes:

Fear not!

Today's final goal should be 30006....so you're not as far back as you thought...now, as to why we're both in here and not off typing on NaNo....that's another question altogether...<g>

Remec said:
Fear not!

Today's final goal should be 30006....so you're not as far back as you thought...now, as to why we're both in here and not off typing on NaNo....that's another question altogether...<g>

thank goodness mine is done :)

EmeraldKitten said:
[BThings are all right.. I think I need a new job.
One that doesn't involve people, LOL.

Other than that, I'm pretty good.

Hey, I thought ya said ya were gonna call me Emmy? LOL. :p [/B]

You're right...sorry...was thinking one thing and typing something else...guess I was distracted...<eyes flickering yet again over your AV>...nice to see you Emmy...<smile>

I've tried to be as peoplefree in working as I can, but can't quite manage it. But, I know it can be done, so I'll root for you...hehehe

Remec said:
Fear not!

Actually I'm at work and shouldn't be here or NaNoing at all. ;)

Colleen Thomas said:
thank goodness mine is done :)

How far along are the edits? Do we have to wait until the galleys are ready before getting to read it? Or worse, until the shiny hardcover with lovely author's picture on the jacket sits upon the shelf at our local Barnes&Noble?

<chomping at bit>
<appetite whetted tremendously by snippets already seen>

:rose:

Remec said:
How far along are the edits? Do we have to wait until the galleys are ready before getting to read it? Or worse, until the shiny hardcover with lovely author's picture on the jacket sits upon the shelf at our local Barnes&Noble?

<chomping at bit>
<appetite whetted tremendously by snippets already seen>

:rose:

the rough editing is done. I am expanding a little here and there, where I felt I neded to exapnd on things I glossed over while writing. It isn't really a novel, just a very long short story. I'm about 800 words over the 50K mark and hope to add another 200 or so before I turn it in, how ever we do that. If you want to read it, just hit me with an email addy in a pm and I'll mail it :)

china-doll said:
Actually I'm at work and shouldn't be here or NaNoing at all. ;)

hehehe
If I had computer access at work, I'd prolly be finished like Colly. All my best ideas seem to come along while I'm at work. <sigh>

Well...speaking of work...my relief at the daycare is here, so I'm off to run some bank errands and bill payments and then going to nap for a few hours...so, until this afternoon or evening...

<wave>
<passing out handshakes, hugs, kisses...or more...as appropriate>
<wink>
:D

Remec said:
You're right...sorry...was thinking one thing and typing something else...guess I was distracted...<eyes flickering yet again over your AV>...nice to see you Emmy...<smile>

I've tried to be as peoplefree in working as I can, but can't quite manage it. But, I know it can be done, so I'll root for you...hehehe

That's quite all right. I forgive you. :kiss: Nice to see you too. ;)

Thanks.. I suppose I should've thought about that whole people thing before I decided to become a hairdresser, LOL.

As far as the NaNo thing goes, you'll be fine. I have faith, hehe.

See ya 'round.. have a good day. :)

Morning people. I could really use some coffee. My looney toon brain kept me up for a couple of hours this morning.

Off to browse, back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back