Virginity...turn on or off?

angelface95

Experienced
So this is usually something I would never talk about. I'm shy and introverted but really wanna know. I'm 19 and a virgin in college and I've either come across people who seem to get really hot over it or consider virgins to have the same appeal as lepers. Soooo...which one is it? Would that then be considered a fetish?

So this is usually something I would never talk about. I'm shy and introverted but really wanna know. I'm 19 and a virgin in college and I've either come across people who seem to get really hot over it or consider virgins to have the same appeal as lepers. Soooo...which one is it? Would that then be considered a fetish?

I dont know about a fetish. And to me those that are turned off might be because they dont think its fun to introduce the sexual experience...maybe a little selfish on their part. For me it'd be fun.

I dont know about a fetish. And to me those that are turned off might be because they dont think its fun to introduce the sexual experience...maybe a little selfish on their part. For me it'd be fun.

You think so? I always felt like maybe it's because it wouldn't be enjoyable for them

You know, maybe you should be open to what potential sex partners have to offer you - rather than the other way around. Sex should be about giving rather than taking, but it's a two way street - if that makes sense. It seems that you have a sense of that. It is fair to expect it from anyone you may partner with too.

As far as virginity goes, there is no need to share it with somebody who won't appreciate it. Look for someone who wants to give their self to you - if that feels right to you and you feel the same, there you go.

Although she never knew it from me, the woman who I shared my virginity gave me the world. She was older by a little, more experienced (in every way) by a lot. I'm still glad it was her and grateful to her. I wish there was a way to let her know -- and I wish the same or better for you.

Last edited:
You know, maybe you should be open to what potential sex partners have to offer you - rather than the other way around. Sex should be about giving rather than taking, but is it a two way street - if that makes sense. It seems that you have a sense of that. It is fair to expect it from anyone you may partner with too.

As far as virginity goes, there is no need to share it with somebody who won't appreciate it.

I really appreciate the honesty

I have had the pleasure of........

Deflowering two wonderful women in my life, two very different ladies but for the same reasons..... Your virginity is a gift, so give it wisely as once it is gone, it is never coming back.

IMHO virginity is overrated.
Add to that, that it is being used very actively to suppress women's sexuality, and you have the basis for a massive turn-off.

On the other hand, teaching is fun, and the privilege of learning/introducing someone to a lot of new tricks and pleasure..... That is a turn on!

But it is highly overrated.
Quite honestly, girls should grab the cucumber as soon as they became sexually aware, and make sure that the "praised hymen" was eradicated, if there ever was one.
And you'd still have all the learning fun!
:)

It's not a turn on for me.

A woman with a slutty past- now that's a turn on...

I can fully agree with that argument.

So did Oscar Wilde:
"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

My thought is that it could be a very enjoyable pleasure to show the virgin the pleasure of sex but would have to go slow can't throw everything in at once. But of course making sure that person is comfortable always.

Now for my personal losing the V card was just like two people who had sex for the first time nothing really great to write home about. Would rather have had someone like Tmmbrr had.

Like others have already said make sure that the person you want to have sex with is someone you will enjoy having sex with and not someone who will just want to be a one and done.

It is exciting because the privilege of teaching someone---Some consider it a super score--stay away from them.

You should give it to someone who you consider very special--Just an old man's 2 cents--:eek::eek:

Both circumstances have pros and cons to them. A virgin might not provide the best experience due to their lack their of. At the same time, though, it wouldn't be a turn off to take it slower than you usually would. That way, not only can you help your partner learn and give them a new, pleasing experience, but you may also learn something new about yourself that you would have otherwise overlooked. As a lover, I prefer someone who is already experienced, but I wouldn't turn away a woman that I like or anything like that because she was a virgin. I'd take pride in being her first and seek to show her things that she's never felt before.

If I can remember back that far in my life when I might actually encounter a virgin, it used to be a bit of a turn off or at least a bit of a concern to be dating a virgin. For one thing, I never wanted to be put in the role of "teacher". Some guys like that idea, I don't. I wanted girls/women who knew what they were doing. Also, when there were a couple of virgins that I did end up having sex with, they seemed to get overly emotionally involved. It depends on how "prized" the virginity is to the girl. Is this the "grand gift" to give to Prince Charming so they can ride off on the white horse, or is this just another step along the way to sexual growth?

I've never had a virgin and at this point in my life, I doubt if I ever will.

I used to want that experience, for no other reason than ego. I think that the reason most men have that fantasy is because a virgin will not have had any sexual partners to compare them to. But in today's world, a virgin will probably have an unreal expectation of what a partner can do, and no reality will be able to match that expectation.

Maybe women have a different perspective. I edited a story by Athalia about women who actively sought out virgins as a sort of control fetish, a chance to be the one calling the shots in the relationship. I don't know if that's just one woman's fantasy or if it's shared by other women as well.

One thing I do know is that virginity can be reclaimed. I've been with women who have been without sex for so long that the experience seems altogether new to them. And I have been happy to have been the one who re-introduced them to it.

I had a couple of virgins back in my early 20s.

I must say they both wasted it on me, I wasn't interested in either of them. I was on the rebound, pining for a girl I dumped and couldn't get back.

I think they both enjoyed it so it could have been worse for them, I suppose.

It's not a turn on for me.

A woman with a slutty past- now that's a turn on...

I lost my virginity young and have been a slut from then on. I don't think guys who valued virginity wanted anything to do with me. But the feeling was mutual.

I was a virgin until 29. I found most women wanted to take it from me as a prize. I enjoyed shutting them down. As for me, it'd be nice to have one but at this point, its not happening.

I was tricked into losing my virginity and then had the fear that I might be pregnant. But since then I’ve enjoyed getting laid

Having taken a girls virginity, and then broke up with her about a month later I vowed that I would not do it again. She got very clingy and I couldn't deal with that.

A few years later a met a girl and she was a virgin, she wanted us todo it, I just could not do it. I told her to save herself for someone who really cared for her, so that it would mean something. She though that was awesome and then proceeded to give me one of the best blow jobs I have ever had.

Neither.
I don't seek virgins out, but nor would I reject one.
I'm going to have fun eiher way. :p

It's cool the fact that you haven't lost your virginity yet, it shows your maturity. Don't let any guy force you into it either.

.... But it is highly overrated.
Quite honestly, girls should grab the cucumber as soon as they became sexually aware, and make sure that the "praised hymen" was eradicated, if there ever was one.
And you'd still have all the learning fun!
:)

I totally agree. I never thought it was a big deal, so I didn't even tell the first guy I had sex with that I was a virgin. I told him after awhile and he was thankful he didn't know from the beginning :D

I would never sleep with a virgin though, a total turn off for me. I like experienced men.

Back