Chain story, anyone?

Written the overlong introduction and have some plot ideas but need to get more words on file.

Og
 
well I bagged Persephone... or rather, Hades did <grin>...

It was too much fun! I want to do another one!

Anyone mind if I take on Orpheus and Eurydice? Just add it to the end of the list for submission?

(and I'm considering doing the birth of Adonis, too, but let's see if I can get through that one....)
 
Stella Omega: submission 2/8, to post 2/12
Selena: submission 2/11, to post 2/15


Stella and I have switched... I'm submitting Persephone tomorrow (2/8) and she'll submit (gods willing :)) Icarus/Daedalus on 2/11...
 
I may have a problem getting mine submitted. My computer is almost down, and I am writing the story on a floppy disk. I should be able to finish the story allright but if it doesn't start working, I will not be able to submit it.

The computer I am using now, which is not the one I write on, doesn't have a floppy drive.
 
That's ok. i wrote mine, submitted it, and it's suddenly not on my pending list.

This could prove to be problematic.
 
Boxlicker101 said:
I may have a problem getting mine submitted. My computer is almost down, and I am writing the story on a floppy disk. I should be able to finish the story allright but if it doesn't start working, I will not be able to submit it.

The computer I am using now, which is not the one I write on, doesn't have a floppy drive.

My problems are with the story. The draft so far isn't working well. The ideas are flowing but the words aren't.

As for floppies:

I have inherited a community group's files on 5.25 floppies. Their computer died a couple of years ago.

I had a 386 with a 5.25 and a 3.5 drives so I thought I could rescue their data. When I tried to boot the 386 it had died too. The 5.25 drive, transferred to a Pentium 1, wouldn't work because it only works with Compaq computers.

My friendly computer shop gave me a brand new unused 5.25 drive. It too was a Compaq and wouldn't work with anything else.

I asked around and eventually acquired another 5.25 drive. It works in the Pentium 1. So does the 3.5 drive but not the CD drive. I can have 2 floppies and a hard drive or 1 floppy, 1 CD and the hard drive but not all 4 working at once.

So far I have transferred files from 15 x 5.25 floppies. The total is 250 boxes of 10 = 2,500 floppies. The files are mainly flat .txt so there are many files on each 1.2mb floppy. I'm going to be busy.

The files detail the group's history from 1928. Someone spent a long time transferring all the records to .txt files. I think I'm going to spend nearly as long transferring all the files only to find that there's nothing new under the sun and the topics discussed in 1928 are exactly the same as in 2006 - "It's this rotten government and the politicians that are making our life difficult."

Back to the Chain story. Heracles (not Hercules - this is a Greek Mythology Chain) has got to Omphale's court but isn't doing much so far...

Og
 
Heracles (not Hercules - this is a Greek Mythology Chain) has got to Omphale's court but isn't doing much so far...

well tell him to get naked and get busy! :D
 
oggbashan said:
Back to the Chain story. Heracles (not Hercules - this is a Greek Mythology Chain) has got to Omphale's court but isn't doing much so far...

Og

As one of the Argonauts, Hercules is a minor figure in my story. Maybe I should also change the spelling of his name.
 
SelenaKittyn said:
Stella and I have switched... I'm submitting Persephone tomorrow (2/8) and she'll submit (gods willing :)) Icarus/Daedalus on 2/11...
That is SO not gonna happen. The gods are not looking kindly on me, and my muse has her head up her butt *covers her ears so she doesn't hear me say that*
 
ok, what can I do to be the Greek Myths cheerleader??

c'mon, you guys, you can do it!

Gimme a W
Gimme an R
Gimme an I
Gimme a T
Gimme an E

What does that spell????

:D
 
Boxlicker101 said:
As one of the Argonauts, Hercules is a minor figure in my story. Maybe I should also change the spelling of his name.

Hercules is the Roman version of his name.

I doubt anyone except a purist would notice.

He had many names and spellings.

I like, and will be using 'black bottom'. His lionskin didn't cover his backside so it was permanently suntanned.

Og
 
Panic!

Heracles has decided he doesn't like my draft.

I have to rewrite it from scratch and I should be submitting it tomorrow.

Real Life is getting in the way but I'll try...

How is everyone else doing?

Og
 
i resubmitted mine, with the schedule and all attached, and it disappeared. Again. :rolleyes:

Somebody's got wires crossed, and it's probably me.
 
Mine will be submitted sometime later on today....just finishing up on it.
 
My computer still is out of order (I'm writing this on another one) and I threw out my back. I will try to meet the deadline with Jason and Medea but I can make no guarantees.
 
My contribution, Heracles and Omphale, is slipping.

Should have been submitted today but I am fighting the local bug and shivering. I'm off to bed with a tot of malt whisky.

Maybe I'll get some more inspiration if I take the bottle.

Og
 
Back
Top