Justice for Trayvon??

Trayvon was a young, inexperienced, under educated, punk who felt like playing the bad ass by kicking Zimmerman's ass. That was a mistake. Did he deserve to die? No. Does Zimmerman deserve to go to jail for defending himself? I don't think so.

Sometimes mistakes, in youth or otherwise, are simply fatal. If you're going to try and kick someone's ass you best be prepared for whatever happens.

Life isn't fair. That's the truth no matter which side deals the race cards.

He was merely aspiring to the standard of his adopted culture.

You don't take no shit off no one...

... unless it is fence-able.​

I think that Zimmerman will get off, but why would the jury remember Serino saying he believed Zimmerman more than Serino saying Zimmerman lied?

You might want to follow the testimony. Serino did testify that he felt there was something 'off' about Zimmerman's story. He also testified that he set up a 'challenge' meeting to try to throw Zimmerman off and get him to change his story, Zimmerman didn't budge. Asked by the defense as to whether he thought Zimmerman was telling the truth Serino answered in the affirmative. This was the very last question asked last Mon. or Tues. before the court was adjourned for the day. That answer given in the context of the moment was a powerful response left to linger overnight.

Had the prosecution challenged the testimony immediately the power of that exchange may have been blunted, but they didn't. They waited until the next morning to challenge (object) and by doing so brought that exchange into even sharper focus. That was a huge fuck-up by the prosecution and it doesn't matter now that the judge upheld and had that testimony stricken, you can't un-ring a bell.

Ishmael

She has done everything she can to ensure a conviction and he just keeps fucking her over...

Now she's gonna let the pot testimony in and I look for the Prosecutor to make the mistake of allowing them to go into his suspension and theft prior to the confrontation.

She has done everything she can to ensure a conviction and he just keeps fucking her over...

Now she's gonna let the pot testimony in and I look for the Prosecutor to make the mistake of allowing them to go into his suspension and theft prior to the confrontation.

As much as the defense would like to do so I don't think it really matters all that much at this point.

It's all going to come down to the Judges final instructions to the jury regarding the law. If she fucks that up there will be an appeal and that appeal will most likely be upheld. If she gives the instructions to the letter of the law there is no possible way I can see the jury returning a verdict of guilty on the 2nd degree charges. A 3rd degree conviction might be possible, although I think that that too is improbable.

The 911 operator's exchange with the prosecution, testimony that thoroughly undermined the prosecutions assertion of a "depraved mind."

From Findlaw;

To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life. Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill.

From the opening statements the prosecution has continually mischaracterized Zimmerman's tone and context in the exchange with the 911 operator. A characterization that the operator not only refuted but engaged in a heated exchange with the prosecution over.

Ishmael

Bob Beckel keeps using the Left's phrase "Wananbe Cop," but if Zimmerman were the black guy, he would be "aspiring to be a member of law enforcement..."

;) ;)

As much as the defense would like to do so I don't think it really matters all that much at this point.

It's all going to come down to the Judges final instructions to the jury regarding the law. If she fucks that up there will be an appeal and that appeal will most likely be upheld. If she gives the instructions to the letter of the law there is no possible way I can see the jury returning a verdict of guilty on the 2nd degree charges. A 3rd degree conviction might be possible, although I think that that too is improbable.

The 911 operator's exchange with the prosecution, testimony that thoroughly undermined the prosecutions assertion of a "depraved mind."

From Findlaw;

To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life. Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill.

From the opening statements the prosecution has continually mischaracterized Zimmerman's tone and context in the exchange with the 911 operator. A characterization that the operator not only refuted but engaged in a heated exchange with the prosecution over.

Ishmael

The prosecutor had a heated exchange with Zimmermans pastor about racial slurs in the 911 calls; she said she heard no such slurs, the prosecutor insisted that she did, and she set him straight.

If Zimmerman caught Trayvon fucking the wife, and shot him, that's 2nd degree murder. But its not a cinch conviction. A Tampa jury acquitted a man who killed the wifes young lover.

If Zimmerman caught Trayvon fucking the wife, and shot him, that's 2nd degree murder. But its not a cinch conviction. A Tampa jury acquitted a man who killed the wifes young lover.

If Trayvon got Zimmerman's wife pregnant would the child grow up too lazy to steal?

Bob Beckel keeps using the Left's phrase "Wananbe Cop," but if Zimmerman were the black guy, he would be "aspiring to be a member of law enforcement..."

;) ;)

how depraved we have become that a WANNA BE COP is now bad

we used to play COPS n ROBBERS....the COPS used to be the GOOD GUYS.....now the THUGS are the good guys

Acquitting Zimmerman

By Jack Dunphy

July 10, 2013 9:40 AM

The question is no longer whether or not George Zimmerman will be convicted of murdering Trayvon Martin, the question is what will happen after he is acquitted.

Prosecutors in Florida brought a feeble case to court, filing a charge they knew — or should have known — would not withstand the challenge of even a modestly capable defense. There has been much testimony that supports Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense and precious little that undercuts it. The prosecution invested hope in the testimony of Martin’s parents that it was his screams for help and not Zimmerman’s that were captured on the 9-1-1 call, but on Monday the defense presented witnesses who effectively rebutted this claim. And on Tuesday, a forensic pathologist testified that the physical evidence was consistent with Zimmerman’s account of his confrontation with Martin.

Assume that prosecution and defense witnesses all testified in good faith as to their belief that the voice belonged to one or the other of the men. There is a commonsense way to reasonably infer which of them was screaming for help. By now the extent of Zimmerman’s injuries are well known (though prosecutors seemed determined to keep this information under wraps for as long as possible). Zimmerman suffered a broken nose and lacerations to the back of his head, all consistent with his account of being punched, knocked down, and having his head bashed on the concrete walkway. Other than the fatal gunshot, Martin’s only injury was bruising to one of his hands.

For the jury to believe the screaming voice was Martin’s they would have to accept a scenario in which Zimmerman remained silent while sustaining his injuries, and in which Martin screamed for help while sustaining only a bruised hand. Unlikely. For this and the prosecution’s many other manifest weaknesses, the jury will not convict. Nor should they.

And then what? Fortunately, it is beginning to dawn on members of the media and through them on the public at large that an acquittal is very likely, thus lessening the potential for outrage when it comes to pass. Yes, there are those whose very existence depends on their being perpetually and professionally outraged, and there will be no shortage of aggrieved posturing when the not-guilty verdict is delivered, but I doubt the reaction will come to little more than that.

Back