Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I say something odd or unorthodox, just remember that you might think me wrong, but I'm in earnest. I'm being as tolerant of you as I expect you to be of me.

If I say something odd or unorthodox, just remember that you might think me wrong, but I'm in earnest. I'm being as tolerant of you as I expect you to be of me.

And with that is a letter:
A vacancy exists for an Associate Professor of Being Ernest.
Fancy the job?

Hey! I made the paper!

{A not too flattering picture of me reading to the first graders in the library. The newspaper called and said they needed "filler".}

Why does everyone seem especially prudish lately? Grrrr.....seriously. It's getting old.

Including folks you'd never suspect. :eek:

Hey! I made the paper!

{A not too flattering picture of me reading to the first graders in the library. The newspaper called and said they needed "filler".}

I had a complaint yesterday from one of my neighbours. The competing local papers publish on Thursdays.

His complaint?

"Doesn't anyone else get asked their views on current issues?"

Apparently between the two newspaper groups and five issues tailored for different areas, I was quoted eleven times yesterday. Some were for responses to what I had been recorded as saying last week.

I had to agree, but no one else locally who is not already an elected Councillor, is involved in so many organisations and issues.

Yesterday I was noted for: flooding, touring caravan parks, archaeology, the Museum, the Library, and improvements to facilities for local footballers.

The newspapers don't bother to add their stock photos of me after complaints from readers: "We know what [og's real name] looks like. We don't want to see him every week."

They don't complain when many pictures of the local Pageant Queen are published, but she only features for a year. I've been featured for 30 years...

Hey! I made the paper!

Got to be better than an e-book thingy, surely ?
Good For you!

Smile sweetly

Well who'd've thought it. Was bitching earlier about having to work tomorrow with a bunch of morons (that means 'carrot' in Welsh!), and pretending I was smiling sweetly in response and saying: "That'll do nicely." Actually of course, I was unable to resist saying: How lovely, but in my incredibly awesome experience that's a load of cr*p, while smiling sweetly.

And the carrots have all come back, saying: Oh you are fantastic, thank you for telling us we are cr*p. (Seriously, they have said this.) They've even promised to provide tea and coffee.

I must smile sweetly more often when not giving a flying F. :)

<snerk>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back