Reading Books For Pleasure

Hisbabydoll26 said:
*jumping up and down* I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo excited...went right to Amazon to get it...and well..kind of picked something else up too....so I'll have to let you know if the something else is worth tackling another month. I will have some fun reading this Spring Break :)

Great, sounds wonderful.

I went the library to pick up a reserved movie just now, guess what else was waiting for me? Panic Snap! Yay!! It's a deviantly sized book, long and thin, hehehe.

Fury :rose:

Last edited:
FurryFury said:
I went the library to pick up a reserved movie just now, guess what else was waiting for me? Panic Snap! Yay!! It's a deviantly sized book, long and thing, hehehe.

Long and Thing? Whatever. My copy should be coming early next week. :nana:

Looked at my library account today and O joy our first book is in, now I wonder how obessive I will be about reading it?? One can never tell until you start into the book. So Fury have you started your book yet or not, and what about the others??

Nope, I haven't started it yet but it's the next pleasure book in my stack. I'm still reading The Good, The Bad and The Undead by Kim Harrison. I'm 3/4 of the way through it. Every night from about 11 on it's like what should I do, read, write, jack off or sleep? I never have enough time.

Yuch !!!

FurryFury said:
I went the library to pick up a reserved movie just now, guess what else was waiting for me? Panic Snap! Yay!! It's a deviantly sized book, long and thin, hehehe.

Laura Reese: Panic Snap
Bought it years ago. Hated it. All the worst sterotypes. She has another book out. No interest. I would give away my Panic Snap- if I wouldn't rather destroy it. It does have a visit to a "cutting party" in it, though.

FurryFury said:
Nope, I haven't started it yet but it's the next pleasure book in my stack. I'm still reading The Good, The Bad and The Undead by Kim Harrison. I'm 3/4 of the way through it. Every night from about 11 on it's like what should I do, read, write, jack off or sleep? I never have enough time.

Hopefully the hubby will take care if the sex part, as for reading or writing just switch off. A old coworker of mine said he would make up his lost sleep the first year he was dead, so I say what sleep get your 5 hours and grind through the rest of the day.

ThorkelGriersen said:
Laura Reese: Panic Snap
Bought it years ago. Hated it. All the worst sterotypes. She has another book out. No interest. I would give away my Panic Snap- if I wouldn't rather destroy it. It does have a visit to a "cutting party" in it, though.

Yikes! That's rather disheartening.

leeroy jenkins said:
Hopefully the hubby will take care if the sex part, as for reading or writing just switch off. A old coworker of mine said he would make up his lost sleep the first year he was dead, so I say what sleep get your 5 hours and grind through the rest of the day.

He can, when he's home, the problem is he's not always around when I want.

Five hours? I would STAY sick if I only got five hours. I require MORE.

FurryFury said:

Well that sucks then for you but at least he is there some of the time to help take care of you. If you need more the 5 hours a day your just wasting all that precious time Fury. :D I guess this is why I think that time is the most valuable substance known because we can't make more of it and we love to waste it.

Okay a few notes here:

I hate the saying "Well that sucks for you." unless you are trying to be flip, judgmental or offensive. Actually, even then I rather dislike it a lot.

Continuing on, the judgement again with the "wasting time" comment. I happen to need more than five hours of sleep most of the time, to stay well and function well. I don't appreciate being told that I'm wasting it and judged that way. What happened to, well I don't need that much but I can understand you do? Hmm?

That's all I have to say about the above comments for now.

Fury out.

FurryFury said:
Okay a few notes here:

I hate the saying "Well that sucks for you." unless you are trying to be flip, judgmental or offensive. Actually, even then I rather dislike it a lot.

Continuing on, the judgement again with the "wasting time" comment. I happen to need more than five hours of sleep most of the time, to stay well and function well. I don't appreciate being told that I'm wasting it and judged that way. What happened to, well I don't need that much but I can understand you do? Hmm?

That's all I have to say about the above comments for now.

Fury out.

I said it sucks for you because one of the best things of being married is to have someone to do stuff with. The five hours of sleep is coming from being a truck driver I figured if I got 1 hour per the 10 I might drive I was doing ok. Like you I need more sleep, but some time what you need and what you get are not the same. Fury I will say this once and you can thank me or not, I think your an incredible woman. I have seen some of your pic, read your stories and post, not only are you attractive pysically but your well spoken and knowledgable too.

Just My Opinion

FurryFury said:

I hope I didn't totally discourage you from the book. It has a couple of good things in it. One thing that I read there that I have quoted many times is:
"We don't choose our obsessions; our obsessions choose us."
That makes a lot of sense. It just seems to me that the book dangerously blurs the line between BDSM and sexual abuse. It is a mystery and that is OK for suspense. I think, though, that the distinction between the two should have been clear by the end of the book. I'm not a book burner for certain. I would never set myself up to decide what others should read. I do think that we (certainly I do) gain from others evaluation of everyting in life-books, music art etc. :rose:

Maybe I should mention what I consider the worst BDSM book of all time: Leopold Sacher von Masoch's THE BLACK CZARINA It is 100+ on my "puke factor." There is no sex in it, just killing and mutilation. The poor SOB lived 99.99% of his fantasies in his head and I think that he went totally off the rails on this one. He really did need to have some RL experiences to temper his imagination. :eek: I lost my copy during a move. (Probably stolen, some moving people do have sticky fingers) It is almost always 'out of print' --for good reason. If I had it, it would probably fetch a good price on E-Bay but I prefer to think of it rotting with its kindred garbage. :)

As for sleep, I am an idiot. I always keep going when I should just give it up and go to bed. When I get a good night's sleep, I just do soooooooo much better. I do envy those who seem to get by on little, although doctors and researchers say that we would all be better and more alert with adequate sleep. I did learn long ago not to even attempt sex when I am tired and/or sleepy. BTW I have a favorite song on that subject. From long ago -my hippy days. A heavy rock group called TEN WHEEL DRIVE, the female vocalist, Ginja Ravan, wrote and performed a song entitled "I like it much better in the morning." Really funny and TRUE. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Last edited:
leeroy jenkins said:
I said it sucks for you because one of the best things of being married is to have someone to do stuff with. The five hours of sleep is coming from being a truck driver I figured if I got 1 hour per the 10 I might drive I was doing ok. Like you I need more sleep, but some time what you need and what you get are not the same. Fury I will say this once and you can thank me or not, I think your an incredible woman. I have seen some of your pic, read your stories and post, not only are you attractive pysically but your well spoken and knowledgable too.

Hi Leeroy Jenkins,

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, being married is great for having a regular partner but no one is there all the time.

I think many of us would be healthier and safer, truck drivers included with more sleep. In fact, it's rather terrifying to think of the little sleep those big rigs are being driven on.

ThorkelGriersen said:
I hope I didn't totally discourage you from the book. It has a couple of good things in it. One thing that I read there that I have quoted many times is:
"We don't choose our obsessions; our obsessions choose us."
That makes a lot of sense. It just seems to me that the book dangerously blurs the line between BDSM and sexual abuse. It is a mystery and that is OK for suspense. I think, though, that the distinction between the two should have been clear by the end of the book. I'm not a book burner for certain. I would never set myself up to decide what others should read. I do think that we (certainly I do) gain from others evaluation of everyting in life-books, music art etc. :rose:

Maybe I should mention what I consider the worst BDSM book of all time: Leopold Sacher von Masoch's THE BLACK CZARINA It is 100+ on my "puke factor." There is no sex in it, just killing and mutilation. The poor SOB lived 99.99% of his fantasies in his head and I think that he went totally off the rails on this one. He really did need to have some RL experiences to temper his imagination. :eek: I lost my copy during a move. (Probably stolen, some moving people do have sticky fingers) It is almost always 'out of print' --for good reason. If I had it, it would probably fetch a good price on E-Bay but I prefer to think of it rotting with its kindred garbage. :)

As for sleep, I am an idiot. I always keep going when I should just give it up and go to bed. When I get a good night's sleep, I just do soooooooo much better. I do envy those who seem to get by on little, although doctors and researchers say that we would all be better and more alert with adequate sleep. I did learn long ago not to even attempt sex when I am tired and/or sleepy. BTW I have a favorite song on that subject. From long ago -my hippy days. A heavy rock group called TEN WHEEL DRIVE, the female vocalist, Ginja Ravan, wrote and performed a song entitled "I like it much better in the morning." Really funny and TRUE. :rose: :rose: :rose:

No, ThorkelGriersen,

You did not discourage me from reading Panic Snap. I always do what I say I'm going to.
Frankly, I would like to make up my own mind. Many times in a book club people do not like the selection and that adds to the discussion. Also I have different tastes from a lot of people. For instance, tons of people think 100 Years of Solitude is a wonderful book. To me it was a pain to get through. If I knew more about politics in the area of the world it is set in that might have made it more interesting for me.

The question I have for the others in the group is did they get discouraged from reading the book???

I rarely get enough sleep either. I love to sleep and hate to get up but I hate to quit what I'm doing and go to bed too.

FurryFury said:
Hi Leeroy Jenkins,

Yes, being married is great for having a regular partner but no one is there all the time.

I think many of us would be healthier and safer, truck drivers included with more sleep. In fact, it's rather terrifying to think of the little sleep those big rigs are being driven on.

No, ThorkelGriersen,

You did not discourage me from reading Panic Snap. I always do what I say I'm going to.
Frankly, I would like to make up my own mind. Many times in a book club people do not like the selection and that adds to the discussion. Also I have different tastes from a lot of people. For instance, tons of people think 100 Years of Solitude is a wonderful book. To me it was a pain to get through. If I knew more about politics in the area of the world it is set in that might have made it more interesting for me.

The question I have for the others in the group is did they get discouraged from reading the book???

I rarely get enough sleep either. I love to sleep and hate to get up but I hate to quit what I'm doing and go to bed too.

Hi Fury,

To answer your question, no I was not discouraged. I read a couple of the same type of reviews on Amazon before I ordered it. But there were good ones, also. I like to see other's opinions but I always make up my own mind also. Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean I won't. :rose:

FurryFury said:
Hi Leeroy Jenkins,

I used to think the four years I was behind the wheel were sorta wasted, I mean what was I supposed to learn?? Bit of soapbox time here. The reason at least drivers have so little sleep is that they are under paid, life would stop if trucks did not roll in the US. The only way to make moeny is to keep the wheels turning. The other two reasons are shipper/receivers dicking around like WalMart does and not enough parking or laws against parking in certain areas.

As for being married I don't think that I will ever come to that, trucking was bad enough but vidoe games when it is crunch time 60+ hours of the week is not unheard of. I have the feeling that having a cot near my desk or cubical would be a wise investment when I get through school and all.

Yes Fury we all need more sleep I think I heard it said on some new show that American work the most days out of the year compared to across the pond.

raven2 said:
Hi Fury,

To answer your question, no I was not discouraged. I read a couple of the same type of reviews on Amazon before I ordered it. But there were good ones, also. I like to see other's opinions but I always make up my own mind also. Just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean I won't. :rose:

Same here.....I'm still excited and waiting for my book to arrive. I also read reviews but just like anything else it comes down to personal preferences. If anything I think it will spark more for discussion later on.

My mistake

raven2 said:
Hi Fury,

I had a look in here earlier and when I returned, for some reason, I managed to skip a page. Not realizing that all of you had selected a book, I put my two cents in. SORRY :eek: :eek:

Well, I would be the last person to try to stop anyone from reading any book, be it dirty, perverse, surversive; or merely not to my taste. That is something only the individual reader can decide.

So everyone, read away! And, I will shut up. :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
raven2 said:
Hi Fury,

Good to hear! Yay!

Hisbabydoll26 said:
Same here.....I'm still excited and waiting for my book to arrive. I also read reviews but just like anything else it comes down to personal preferences. If anything I think it will spark more for discussion later on.

Great!

*hugs*

Fury:rose:

ThorkelGriersen said:

I had a look in here earlier and when I returned, for some reason, I managed to skip a page. Not realizing that all of you had selected a book, I put my two cents in. SORRY :eek: :eek:

Well, I would be the last person to try to stop anyone from reading any book, be it dirty, perverse, surversive; or merely not to my taste. That is something only the individual reader can decide.

So everyone, read away! And, I will shut up. :eek: :eek:

Oh don't shut up! LOL!

I understand what happened and it's all good.

My copy just arrived today and I will get to work reading it later this week. Since I am having surgery on my knee on Thursday, I will be home for a few days over the weekend and the begining of next week and should have lots of time to read it. :nana: :nana:

Raven..must be something in the air..or the delivery truck..my copy arrived today as well. I was sooooooooooooooo excited. I decided a little control of my excitement was necessary so left it sitting on my desk while I devoured the other book I ordered. Okay so I finished the other book this afternoon...I arrived home at 4...book was done by 7 and really i didn't start reading until well...nevermind you get the point. I was excited. *giggling*

Next stop....Panic Snap...chapter 1.... :)

P.S. Hubby might get an education with this one.....

Last edited:
Hisbabydoll26 said:
Raven..must be something in the air..or the delivery truck..my copy arrived today as well. I was sooooooooooooooo excited. I decided a little control of my excitement was necessary so left it sitting on my desk while I devoured the other book I ordered. Okay so I finished the other book this afternoon...I arrived home at 4...book was done by 7 and really i didn't start reading until well...nevermind you get the point. I was excited. *giggling*

Next stop....Panic Snap...chapter 1.... :)

P.S. Hubby might get an education with this one.....

What was the other book, I also have a couple of more coming in a couple of days.

Back