What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Rather productive week in the kitchen.
I made J pancakes from scratch along with sausage patties before work Wednesday for our 19th anniversary since he kindly took me to dinner on Sunday.
Late Thursday night I made beef enchiladas with green chile cheese sauce and Spanish rice from scratch (Had forgotten how easy that is!) which became Friday lunch.
This morning I made sausage gravy, biscuits and scrambled eggs before sending him off to work.
Tomorrow I have my eye on a fully loaded pizza fresh from my oven.

I think after this I will have to get serious about a diet.:eek:

Rather productive week in the kitchen.
I made J pancakes from scratch along with sausage patties before work Wednesday for our 19th anniversary since he kindly took me to dinner on Sunday.
Late Thursday night I made beef enchiladas with green chile cheese sauce and Spanish rice from scratch (Had forgotten how easy that is!) which became Friday lunch.
This morning I made sausage gravy, biscuits and scrambled eggs before sending him off to work.
Tomorrow I have my eye on a fully loaded pizza fresh from my oven.

I think after this I will have to get serious about a diet.:eek:

I’m coming over.

Any time.

It was 83 here today...:D

You mean inside your house, right? Because that ain't February weather. Actually in my experience that ain't any weather except for 5 days spread out in July and August. :D

Cooking perch, fennel and beets today.

Sea salt...is this really a good thing? I mean, the oceans are polluted...the things I think about at 2am...go back to sleep, Twister.

Ok brought a sous vide machine ( cooking food in a plastic bag in water) and trying to cook a roast, not sure if I'm doing right! I'll update the results, good or bad!...

Sea salt...is this really a good thing? I mean, the oceans are polluted...the things I think about at 2am...go back to sleep, Twister.

You do know when you crunch on salt while eating, it's actually all those plastic beads that are polluting the ocean right?:eek:

Pot roast and parsnip puree. Home made yogurt, blueberries, honey and toasted almonds for dessert.

Onions and peppers in marinara over linguine with chicken meatballs followed by homemade oatmeal cookies.

Trying to use up old fashioned oats I bought by mistake. :rolleyes: Thinking about putting them in the food processor to try making flour for some pecan and oat bread or muffins.

The cookies are easier (and delish) though.

Ok, I didn't have enough parsnip puree left over from yesterday, so I had to make something else to go with the pot roast. So something else from parsnip it was, because I just can't have enough it.

Bit under a tablespoon or so of melted butter, zest of one mandarin, juice of half a mandarin, around 1-2 teaspoons of honey, salt. Mix everything. Coat parsnips with it. Roast.

Omg, it was so good. I want more!

Back