Death's own Eve (closed)

Kismets_Paramour

Really Experienced
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Posts
138
Genevieve Masters

“Paul! Go check on Mr Buchannan in room 479.”

“What?” the intern look back at me with distain. “I checked on him twenty minutes ago.”

I took a calming breath while arm’s deep in my GSW chest cavity. “If I have to repeat-“

“Look I don’t believe in that voodoo sense thing you do.”

Red, I was seeing red and it had nothing to do with the blood pouring from my current patient.

“I got it Dr Masters.” Chirped the ever cheerful Jenna sprinting from the room without so much as a here to do.

“Out, get out.”

Paul squared his shoulders and peered down at me using his height to tower over my 5’4 height. “Why!”

I hated the kid, he was a cocky know it all who knew jack from squat. It didn’t happen often but when I got really mad, like I was currently, I could pull at the life threads of a person. That’s how I saw them at least, like that Disney movie Hercules with the fates, there was a shining glowing thread from everyone that I could manipulate. It’s what alerted me to Mr Buchannan’s condition. Not to brag because I felt to some degree it was cheating but I was one of the highest ranking trauma surgeons with the lowest fatality rate in the nation.

You could call the turn of my lips a smile but it was much too sinister and promised deeds too unholy to give name to. I didn’t say anything as I reached out with my powers and flicked the thread. It thummed and vibrated but remained undamaged. Paul on the other hand paled and hunched over feeling weak in the knees, he’s be sick for the next few hours but it wouldn’t be anything life threatening. “Someone get him out of here before he pukes.”

“Eve.”

Dr Scott, brilliant cardiothoracic surgeon. One night of drinks and flirty banter and we were on first name bases.

No so much.

“Maurice.” I smiled knowing he hated his first name preferring his middle name Ray. “Perfect timing. He’s stable for the time and all prepped and ready for you.”

Ray was still frowning over the use of his middle name when he used the moment to his advantage. “I’ll take him off your hands if you have drinks with me again.”

“You’ll take him off my hand or he’ll die.” I laughed scrapping my bloody gown and gloves. “I have a post op patient I need to check. See ya Dr Scott.” I smiled stressing the used of his title and surname.

Two floors up and down three hallways I checked in on Mr Buchannan. He wasn’t doing good and the hovering shadowed figures skirted around him just out of view. “Jenna.” As Jenna updated me on Mr Buchannan’s condition, I released a flow of energy around Mr Buchannan’s life thread. It flickered like a faulty bulb before blazing to life, casing away the ghostly shapes. “Alright Mr Buchannan.” I clapped my hands taking over for Jenna. “Let’s do this, dinner’s at six and I’m not going to be the one to tell Sally that you’ll be late.”
 
He was on a holy mission.

Over the millenniums he went by many names and tittles. Prophet, warrior, destroyer, and so many more. When he walked the halls of heaven the others whispered about him some in reverence and some in fear. He preferred one name however the name given to him by his father and lord.

Zachary.

He would do ANYTHING for his father. After all there wasn’t a higher power than god himself. His father counted on him to as well to do things that the other angels couldn’t. Zachary was a warrior a powerhouse who prowess on the battlefield was part of his reputation. His specialty was killing demons those unholy creatures born by his rebellious brother Lucifer. Zachary had a different name in hell one that couldn’t be spoken in polite company.

His next mission was going to take him to a realm he hadn’t been to for a thousand years. Earth was a place of sin and free will two things Zachary saw as trouble. He didn’t hate the humans necessarily he simply thought they were flawed at best.

And made things messy.

Still his father wanted him there and so he would go. The target was a woman a woman that looked mortal but was potentially so much more. The reports of who she was and what she was capable of fluctuated. Was she demon? Was she angel?

Or was she something more?

He dropped down from heaven and into a dirty alleyway. His magnificent black wings snapped and beat as he glided down. His bare feet touched the alleyway right next to a small scattering of broken glass. His nostrils flared and wrinkled in disgust as he took in the smell of humanity and their pollution. Why did humanity have to make things so….

Disgusting.

Zach sighed shaking his head and moving towards the end of the alleyway. While he moved his wings folded in sliding into place under the simple leather jacket he was wearing. He ran a calloused hand through his thick wavy blonde hair. His fingers lightly brushed the top hilt of his sword Divine Right and he took comfort in having his weapon right there.

He stepped out of the alleyway taking in the pleasure of the setting sun. This was the closest to heaven the humans got before they died. Zachary took the time to appreciate it to bask in the glory of his father before turning and walking down the street.

He did his best to blend in with the crowds of human walking down the street. He looked human enough with a tan muscular body, a handsome pointed chin, and clear green eyes. Besides the lack of shoes, the clothing he wore was non-descript A simple leather jacket, white undershirt, and jeans.

He found the hospital after a few minutes of searching. The latest intel suggested that this was where she worked as a healer. He didn’t know of any demons who worked in a place of healing but that wasn’t enough to absolve her as far as he was concerned.

He debated for a few seconds on the best way of approaching before deciding on the patient route. That would allow him access to talk to her and see her without looking to suspicious. He ducked into another alleyway right next to the hospital and used his sword to stab himself into his abdomen. The pain was bad but he gritted his teeth and worked through it.

Once he was sure his wound looked bad enough he pulled the sword out. He gave it a quick clean and sheathed it before unbuckling and removing the holster. He threw it onto the roof of the hospital and made a mental note to grab it if needed.

He entered the lobby pressing his hand against his side as blood spilled out. His knees buckled as he moved in getting the attention immediately of the staff who rushed to get him into a bed. He played the part of a man involved in a mugging gone bad. While he was being processed he searched for her his eyes scanning the room and the auras of everyone around.
 
“Dr Masters!” Toby Daniels barged into the surgeons’ locker room.

I pulled my shirt over my head, my damp wavy curls hung limp down my back. Five minutes ago I had stepped out of the shower, my shift was done and I was free for the next 24 hours.

“A male looks to be in his early thirties just came in with an abdominal stab wound. Smells like the intestines have been nicked.”

Fuck.

“Where is Dr Abbott?”

“OR 2.”

“Dr. Muhammad?”

“OR 1.”

Fuck.

It’s not Daniels’ fault, it’s not Daniels’ fault. “Fuck!”

“What?!” Daniels’ paled and retreated back from the doorway leaving only his foot braced against the door.

I had a date. Well not so much of a date as a booty call but still, I needed it bad. Oh so bad. “Okay here’s what we do.” Yanking off my shirt I reached back into my locker for a clean scrub top, the fiery red satin bra jiggling as I shook out the wrinkles. “Page intern three, all the hell, what’s his name and get the patient stable and prepped for surgery.” I unbuttoned my tight jeans and wiggled my hips peeling the article of clothing off my body, showing off the matching boyshort panties. “Daniels.” I kicked my jeans into my locker. “Doctor Daniels!” I repeated a little louder. The poor intern was staring slack jawed at me as I undressed. “This isn’t a show and I expect you to be listening to what I am saying.”

“Yeah, okay, got it.” He nodded frantically closing his mouth.

"I threw on the clean scrub top and rummaged around for a set of pants. “Call the on-call operations staff and get, shit.” OR 3 was being renovated. “Trauma room three,” It was the largest of the trauma rooms. “Ready for surgery.” I knew it was unprofessional to order a surgery without looking at the patience but I had a feeling. “Run.” I found pants and hopped into them, sliding me feel sockless back into me sneakers. My hair was a mess, still damp but I threw it in a messy ponytail anyways. I didn’t have time to wait for it to dry.

- - - - - - -

“Hello, I’m Dr Masters…” I meant to go on, to tell him that I’ve been briefed on this condition and was here to get him into surgery but my words escaped me.

The man had no life thread.

Jenna opened the door and whispered into my ear. “Dr Masters T3 is ready for you and the staff is on its way.”

“I,” I blinked out of my daze. “Yes, thank you.” I nodded to Jenna as she moved to the head of the bed. He was shirtless, muscled and bleeding. Bleeding through his pack. Lifting the edge of the bandage I could smell the sour acid but his blood ran clear. I looked up at the machines he was hooked up to, not getting the readings I felt I should be with what I was smelling. “Wait.” I pressed against the edges of the wound and fresh blood welled up to the surface, again it was clear, not dark and this time it was odorless of anything but that coy sweet copper smell.

“Is everything okay?”

Flipping through the chart I frowned down at the paper, comparing the read out from when he first got here and now. The notes read that there had been a strong acid smell and darkened clotty blood. “I won’t be needing T3 or the staff.” This had never happened to me and I dropped the chart in the patient box and surveyed the threadless man. “Who are you?” My eyes narrowed as I tried to reach out with my energy and feel the man, getting nothing. Feeling nothing. “What are you?” This time I when I asked the question I had my guard up. Something was wrong I just didn’t know what and I felt like I should have been afraid.

’I laugh in the face of danger!'
 
Zach did his best to feign pain and discomfort as the nurses fawned over him and brought him into a room on his own. He made sure to thank them all touching as many of them as he could and giving them a brush of his grace. His grace would work its way into their lives subtly making it better for a little while. It was the least he could do even if their efforts were largely lost on him.

Once he was settled he kept himself composed and waited for her. Now that he was in the building he could sense her subtle aura. He studied it as he waited deciding that it didn’t feel evil or good. It was surprisingly neutral which only made him that more curious and interested in her.

“What manner of creature are you?” He murmured as he felt her moving towards him. He shifted in his bed his hand curling and wishing he had his sword. He didn’t think there would be a fight right off the bat but the warrior felt naked without it.

She finally came in her hair still damp from her shower. His eyes widened in surprise as he took her in noting with some embarrassment that she was quite quite fetching. For the first time in a few thousand years he felt his groin subtly tighten as she introduced herself. Before she could finish however she faltered.

His eyes widened when he felt her subtly checking his life force. As an angel he didn’t have what people would conventionally call a soul. Instead the angels were part of a collective hive mind tied into god himself. For an outsider it was like looking into a blank deep space.

He watched her recover and dismiss everyone and then demand and accusation. Zach watched her the entire time debating on what to tell her before finally deciding on the truth. He lifted himself off of the bed and brought his hand up letting his grace light up the room as he pressed it against his chest.

“My name is Zachary” He told her ripping the pads off of his chest and sliding out of the bed.

“I’ve been sent her to study you” Zachary explained rolling his powerful muscular shoulders and starring her down “To determine what YOU are and your place in this world. I am an Angel one sent down from heaven for the purpose of you”

He walked over to his shirt pulling on the stretched white T shirt over his large muscular body. He turned back to her and watched her studying her as he stepped toward her.

“Should we go somewhere to talk?” Zachary asked raising an eyebrow “Or are we going to fight? I would rather not fight and bring harm to any of the humans outside”
 
The light burned my skin like a day old sunburn and I shielded from the brightness bring my hand up to shadow my face. As it happened the edges of the room darkened and crowed the blazing light like something hungry. A storm kicked up my heartbeat and I felt an adrenaline spike course though my system similar to what I had read a heroin thrill would feel like. Unbeknown to me my eyes had darkened from their dark coffee brown to near black as I grinned druggedly up at Zach.

“Study me?” I licked my lips hungrily, watching him stand and roll his shoulder. It was the same move I did on the end of the day when I finally took off my bra but this, him, he made me want to trace every rippling muscle with my tongue. “Me?” I was just repeating everything he said back to him in a question, my mind sluggish, recovering for my overworking body. “There are no such things as Angels.” I proclaimed hoping that he wouldn’t fall over ‘dead’ and make me clap him back to life. That would mean that he was an Angel. I shook my head freeing myself from the circling Angel, not Angel whirlpool.

When he pulled on his shirt I growled, actually throaty growled and stalked closer to him. He had also stepped closer and now we were just inches from each other. I could smell him from here and my nose flared and I stepped even closer, the edges of my white coating brushing his shirt as I breathed him in deeply my pupils pinpointing with his scent. He smelled like warmth, the sun warming a spring fresh meadow and crisp mountain air. I wanted to growl again but I caught the instinct and swallowed the need.

I wanted to rip the short from his body, to feast on his skin and mark his body so all would know he was MINE! The possessive compulsion caught me off guard and I promptly stepped back, curling my hands into fists until I could feel the bit of my nails in my palms. “Go somewhere?” I bit my lip as my eyes traveled over his body, the insistence to claim him roaring to the surface. “No!” The word came out much sharper then I had meant it to but I went with it retreating another step. “Here, here is safe. No fighting.” I feared that the moment I got my hands on him I would lose control and overdose on my mysterious craving for this man.

I struggled to regain my professional guard, closing my eyes so I could forget for a second how tempting Zach looked. Only my mind only wanted to remind me how desirable how looked shirtless. “Oh God…” I moaned squeezing my hand even harder, wincing against the bite. “How are you healing so quickly?” I refused to accept his Angel answer, there had to be a medical answer and if there was maybe there was a way to repeat the healing on other patients. “Is it a drug? Have you always been able to heal like that?” Opening my hands I winced again as blood rushed to the crescent shaped indentions, grabbing his chart I peered over the information we had. “Can I get a blood sample? Run it for tests and toxins?” Asking questions were helping create a barrier between the ravenous beast inside me, that I didn’t know I had, and the doctor, the safe good part of me. “Really you should still be in bed.”

Bed

I clenched my legs together, screwing my eyes closed as I grasped the chart in my hands keeping me from reaching out. I couldn’t look at him right now because in my mind Zach was naked in the same bet I told him he should be and I was riding him to oblivion. My hair wild, careless to the open room and the open mouth stares from my co-workers, howling as my orgasm flung me from the highest mountain peak.

“You know, maybe I should get someone else on this case.” I breathed backing out the room, my whole body quivering. “Please just get back into the bed, behave and let me get another doctor to discharge you.” I continually swallowed, my mouth dry and hands clammy. My eyes slowly bleed back to their dark brown as I calmed down but just barely.
 
When she began to react to him Zachary noted with some surprise how enamored she seemed to be. Different people reacted to the presence of an angel. Some felt touched by god or considered him to BE god. Others especially those with evil in their hearts felt divine judgement and turned tail and run.

There were a very few that... reacted the way she reacted. He couldn't deny the pleasure that crossed his own mind when he got a good look at her. Of course as an angel it was an impure thought but one he allowed himself to entertain for several seconds.

With a shake of his head he dismissed his thoughts and moved over to her. Before she could continue freaking out or retreat he grasped her forearm. There was another blinding light of his grace and then the sounds of the hospital dissipated into nothing but silence.

"Excuse me for my prudence" He told her releasing her forearm and stepping back "But I needed to speak to you alone and could not afford for you to try and run"

The pair were not standing on the top deck of the empire state building. The sky above was gray and a faint bolt of lightning rumbled through as they stood there.

"You are an enigma" Zachary told her his eyes assessing her "You are not human at least not fully. My father wants to know what and who you are."
 
The light was blinding again, my skin prickling where he grabbed me. Another spike, a new high and my head swam with the overdose. Every part of my tingled, hell I could feel my hair growing. It was trippy but I rolled with the flow, yup my roll had flow.

"Prudence." I giggled thinking of the Charmed tv show. "I much preferred Piper, she had Leo and he was hot. Also kind of like an angel, like you."

His release of me was jarring and I snapped my head towards him, a severe frown on my face. "Hey!" I was a junkie and Zach was my drug and I grabbed his hand willing that light to burst forth again, to send me to a new high. Which I was soaring I didn't think of him as a body, warm, hard and there for the taking. I turned over his palm and stoked open his fingers. "You have no fingerprints." I brought his hand closer to my face inspecting the pads of his fingers. There weren't any scarring, no indication of heat or burns. "No life thread, no fingerprints, heals like magic." I rubbed my face against his palm like a cat, all but purring at the sensation. "Maybe you are an Angel." I laughed coming up with nothing else that could account for all the strange that made up Zach.

The rumble of thunder- thunder? I looked around with glassy eyes. "How? Where?" Instead of dropping Zach's hand I curled my finger between his locking our palms together. "Are we on the Empire State Building?" I didn't know how many miles away that was from the hospital but I knew enough to know that there was no way in hell we could have traveled that in the blink of an eye.

"Holy shit! You weren't kidding!" As if his hand burned like a hot potato I dropped it backed away. My stomach was turning and I felt dizzy. In a panic I reached out for something anything and brushed against a fiery energy source. I didn't know whose it was or where it came from but I pulled and the energy came away in a sheet that I wrapped around me like a cloak. A smell clotted my nose and the stench of soot, smoke and sulfur invaded my senses reminding me of that one time I went to Yellowstone and visited Old Faithful. It was a small price to pay for the thick floofy barrier that I used to hide behind.

In the far off distance something screamed, it sound possessed or like a Ringwraith from LOTR. It was a chilling sound and I had a gut wrenching feeling it was my fault. "Um... Look I know you want to talk but I think I just pissed something off and if angels are real there is a possibility that I just angered a demon." I smiled releasing my hold on the volcanic energy. It didn't so anything when I released it though, it stuck around and hovered around me like a shadowed mist. Without me 'holding' the energy it took form and created a cloudy mass, turning into something that I could see and not just feel. "Yup pretty sure this is also my fault." The black could rumbled and crackled with red lightning.

I tried smiling sweetly up at Zach but the own of said could had arrived and the pissed off looking harpy was staring straight at me. "Crap." The monster dove at me and the black cloud responded by blocking the attack and throwing me backwards and right into Zach. "Help?" I asked innocently, if he was an angel he couldn't let me die. Not when his father- Ah shite. It just clicked. His father, God, wanted answers and I was 100% sure I didn't have what he was looking for. I didn't even know what it meant when he said I wasn't fully human.
 
"I dont know who this piper is" Zachary said bemused more than angry "But if this Leo was an angel that means you have already run into my kind"

She grasped his hand and he found the experience to be pleasant. What was with him? It had been a few millenniums since he last coupled with a woman but he was an Angel! He shouldnt be this much of a.....

Human.

"This form isn't real" He said taking his hand back "Of course I do not have finger prints. I thought it was obvious given the supernatural abilities I have already showcased that I am indeed an angel"

He watched as she stepped back and tried to get a handle on him. He simply watched her ready to intervene if needed or she got to close to the edge. The woman was raw power but didnt seem to notice it.

"There is no need to panic" He told her as he felt her life force flaring "i mean you no harm"

Before he could say more however she brushed her hand against a deep dark energy source. He felt the shockwave of it and his wings flared up in response. They burst out of his back unfurling and shaking their snow white feathers out.

"Demon!" He hissed flexing his hands. He commanded retribution to his side and with a blast of holy fire the curved sword was in his waiting hands.

"Move!" He told her as she released the ball of energy. Almost immediately it was snapped up falling into the outstretched palm of a red skinned humanoid with flowing black runes.

Before the demon could open his mouth or attack Zachary launched himself at the beast. He tackled him and the two struggled for a second before they went off the side of the state building.

Zachary sword flashed in his air jabbing at the demon as it recoiled in anger. Surprise was clearly on Zachary side and he managed to kill the demon and turn it into sulfur before he even hit the ground. With one powerful beat of his wings he brought himself back up shooting into the sky before dropping back down on the observation deck.

"Your powers are tied to demons" Zachary said eyeing her with a new much more guarded look "Who were you born to girl?"
 
"No, Leo's not a real person. He's an actor from a TV show." I tried to explain, realizing that he was either that clueless or he really was who he said he was and I was still struggling with that tiny bit. Because in my world angels didn't exist.

Was I panicking? I hadn't been but what I had spent every moment walling myself from crashed upon me all at once and it was clearly impossible to run from the only conclusion left.

Wings!

Well that was a sobering sight. There was no way I could argue what or who he was now. A thrill of excitement shot up my spine reawakening my hunger, Zach wielding power with a flick of his wrist. The sword suit him and I took him the sight of him, wings spread wide, sword over head with a snarl set to his lips that made him look fierce.

I could just eat him with a spoon!

Maybe not a normal reaction to a man battle ready and ready to kill but it was what went through my mind. I shrugged off his order to move, I wasn't scared of him and that creature didn't even show up on my radar. Nope Zach was the scariest thing on the playing field and I was cocky enough to know that he wouldn't harm me. Him and the demon rushed each other and, opps, toppled over the side of the building! Seriously like plummeting to his death was a concern for him. Sure the man, er, angel could heal but could he come back from the dead?!

Sprinting to the side of the building I watched the pair struggle and fight for dominance. It didn't last long, it couldn't, every second the ground was getting closer and closer. I couldn't make out the details from this distance but Zach did something and the demon dissipated into a poof of who knows what. "ZACH!" I screamed, I wasn't ready to watch him go splat, it didn't matter to me if he could recover from that or not.

He was fine and he beat his snowy white wings and up into the air he went. I was instantly jealous and wondered if like Superman he could take me for a ride.

Hmmm a ride. I smiled mind racing to the gutters.

"Demons? No I'm a doctor. Doctors can't be demons." Sure I knew of some who were totally assholes but to go as far as to call them demons. "And don't call me girl, fledgling!" I couldn't call him boy because he wasn't a man and what insult cold you throw at a holy creation. It was the best that I had at the moment and I stubbornly crossed my arms under my chest sealing my lips tight. I wasn't going to say another word to the annoying bird-man. Gah! How did I ever think he was attractive. I liked women, had my whole life so why all of a sudden with the angel.

"I need to go back to work if you don't mind." Okay I wasn't going to talk to him from this point on.
 
Last edited:
Zach cocked his head studying her for several minutes as she starred at him. After several long seconds he finally shook his head.

"You were off" He remarked his tone not smug or angry at the betrayal "I have angelic hearing... superhuman basic"

He cleared his throat and then continued speaking.

"I was sent to assess you to find out what you are and report back to father" Zachary said his tone no nonsense as he stepped forward. The sword in his hand dissipated turning into mist and leaving a slight smoke in the air.

"You can not go back until I have completed my mission" He told her his tone firm "However if this place isnt an appealing enough place to talk we can go somewhere else... Do you eat? If so I could take you somewhere to eat and we can go from there"
 
"Which I then had to clock back in because someone got, wait. You weren't mugged were you!" I accused meeting his step forwards with one of her own. "How exactly did you get hurt?" My eyes narrowed and I yanked up his shirt. The wound was closed up and the only sign that he had ever been harmed was a light pink healing scar. "Amazing." I clucked my tongue shaking my head as I traced the clean angle of the scar. I really did want to test his blood, see if there was anything special about it. Surely there had to be something and maybe that something was the cure for cancer or any number of could bes.

His tone with me was cute and I smiled up at him like I would a stubborn child. "You can not go back until I have completed my mission." I mocked. "You're a trip if you think I do orders." I wanted to test his resolve and wondered if I threw myself from the building if he would have to fly down and save me. Was I stupid enough to try. I peeked over the edge and tallied one for the 'smart enough not to jump from a building' column.

"You say that like you don't eat." I had a major sweet tooth and again I felt like testing the Angel. "How about the A’jia Hotel?" A place praised for their ice cream and waterfront views, in Istanbul, Turkey.

I felt a pang of guilt, I was bullying the poor guy, he was just the messenger and here I was making things tough for him. "Hows about this, we have some desserts and trade a question and answer one for one?" Because as many questions she felt he had about her, she had just as many for him.
 
The minute she mentioned the A'jia Zachary willed them there. For one such as him it was a simple matter of using his grace and powers to fold space and time until they reached the destination. For her the travel was noticeable at least not without practice.

But the destination was.

The cold of New York vanished replaced with the dry airy heat of the desert. The sky was now pitch black and awash with the most brightly colored stars one could find in the cosmos. The smell of a foreign city reached them a unique combination of people, animals, and exotic foods.

"That sounds like a deal" Zachary said his clothing having change from a light air white button down shirt and simple jeans. He took her hand leading hre through the throng and towards the hotel in question.

"Was this what you were looking for" He said bringing her to the front of the hotel.
 
The light enveloped us again and in the span of a breath they were transported halfway across the world. I knew to expect the rush but my body tensed with need and my nipples pebbled under my top. The never got old, it was like an orgasm but it consumed my whole body, drove me to animalist needs and wants to a point that was hard for me to control. It made me hungry for Zach again but I swallowed the building fire within me, painfully scorching the flames. I don’t know what it was about that angel light of his but I awoke in me a darkness that made me want to dominate Zach in the most primal of ways.

Still the sound of his voice was like a hundred feathers brushing over my body at once and I growled, a shiver rolling down my spine. I pegged him with a fiery glare, those buttons would easily give as I yanked him free of that stupid white shirt. A simple flick of my wrist and the button to those jeans, the only thing stopping me would be the zipper. Was he a boxer man or a briefs kind of angel? Oh, a delicious thought came to mind, turning my lips up into a devilish smile. Maybe he was a commando man.

His hand taking mine, it startled me and I almost used that as a means to pull him closer to me. If he was closer I could- I shook my head fighting for some control. “Deal.” I rasped praying for my body to cool off, the warm air with its spice filled scent didn’t help and I eyed the water willing to risk the possible contamination for a handle.

“This looks like the place.” I mumbled too focused on the press of his palm against mine to even notice the building. I had read about the hotel in some travel magazine and couldn’t remember much past how pretty it was and how amazing the ice cream was. I seemed to have forgotten that it was a 5-star luxury venue and me in my scrubs was far from the dress code. “Wow.” I whistled, Zach forgotten for a moment as a woman in a flowy silk dress adorned with crystals glided past us on the arm of a man dressed to the nines. The only thing that was missing from his handstitched suit was tails and a top hat. “Excuse me for a second while I find a restroom.” I nodded my withdrawal as I headed into the hotel alone.

I got a few looks but for the most part I was ignored, the refined guest too self-important to even see someone dressed like the help. A bellhop who spoke English pointed me towards the nearest restroom and I quickly ducked into the grand bathroom to make something of myself from my scrubs and messy ponytail. “I can’t believe they let me in…” I sighed at my reflection pulling my hair free of its tie. I tugged and pulled at my scrub top but it fell in its original boxy shape over my breasts. “Maybe?” I gathered the extra material behind my back and pulled it tight, forcing the starchy fabric to mold to my womanly form. “How is that even worse?” The lines of the top puckered and wrinkles formed from the pockets up, drawing even more attention to my hardened nipples.

A cold wind blew in and I shivered letting the top got with a helpless sigh. This was the best that scrubs could get and if Zach or the-

“There you are!” A voice as cold as ice scraped over my body, leaving a filthy residue in its place. Clawed hands grabbed my shoulders from behind and dug in, the bite of its nails piercing my skin causing me to cry out. “Shh, none of that or he’ll hear us.” The creature crackled.

Behind me it was dark, the sort of dark that ate the light and seeped into your bones. The demon was cloaked in that darkness, it’s face hidden from view except for the red glow of its eyes. This was the second demon I had ever seen but unlike the first one, this one scared me and I stood frozen in fear unsure of what I could do.

“That’s a good girl.” The monster praised as the darkness quickly swallowed us.

Where Zach’s light wrapped me like a cloak, this was like a weighted force that squeezed the air from my lungs as it closed around me. I struggled then but the demon’s claws embedded in my shoulders kept me from moving, rivers of blood trickling down my chest. When the dark closed over my face I tried to scream but it rushed into my mouth and choked the sound from me. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t move as hard as I tried the hold that was stabbed into my shoulder just dug deeper every time I moved. Panicked I tried to keep calm, when Zach traveled with me it had only lasted a millisecond, this would be over soon.

I was wrong.

I lost track of time and the longer we stood in the dark, the heavier the weight got, until it was crushing.

Help!

I couldn’t breathe and the only sound I could hear was the evil laughter from the demon behind me.

ZACH!

His name was the last thought I had before the darkness won and I blacked out.

- - - - - - - - - -
Unknown amount of time later…
- - - - - - - - - -

My body ached. It was cold. The air smelled like cinnamon sticks tossed in a fire, too charred to be initially pleasant but the lingering sweet aroma of the cinnamon itself was hard to find too displeasing.

I kept my eyes closed logging first what I could feel with my other senses because I feared what I would find. Cold iron shackled my wrists and ankles spread wide and keeping me suspended in the air. With as intimate as the air was getting I knew I was naked, spread wide for the world to see. I tried to listen for some clue but heard nothing but the crackle of a fire. Maybe there were cinnamon sticks in the fire.

“She’s awake.” A childish voice giggled, a tongue licking up my side from my hip bone to just under my breast.

My eyes snapped open at that point and licking her lips was a beautiful young woman. She had wavy red hair, rosy skin and the most adorable freckles over the bridge of her nose. Her lips were a deep red and she wore a formfitting shirt dress in a cream colored cotton. She would have looked like a woman in her early twenties if not for the age reflected in her soulless black eyes.

“Nice to have you join us.” She dragging the nail of her finger from my breastbone down between my breasts, to my bellybutton. “You are a creature of beauty.” The demon hissed sucking the finger that had just touched me into her mouth.

“What is she?” A deep gravelly voice past the woman belonged to a creature that looked to be a Minotaur wearing nothing but a filthy loincloth, tented by a length long then my forearm.

Another creature from behind licked at the open claw wounds at my shoulder, lapping at the dried blood. “She tastes divine.” Its high pitched nasally voice cooed as it switched to my other shoulder once the other one had been cleaned.

“No child.” The young woman looking demon cooed slashing a nail over my left breast, blood quickly welling to the surface in a flash of pain. “She is something born of the dark.” She corrected, her lips coming away from my breast crimson with my blood.

I thrashed against the chains but they didn’t give and my struggles did nothing but fill the demons eyes with amusement. “Release me!” I growled still trying to pull my arms and legs free, ignoring the way the rough metal cut at my skin the more I fought.

“Sweetling, you’re ours now.” Sang the demon, her eyes brightening as she stepped back.

I couldn’t see it but an energy force tickled my fingers, moved down my arms and cover my chest. It wrapped me in a warm blanket of lust and I felt my body relax against it. The energy pulsed and I felt myself dampen and my nipples beaded. In a lot of ways it felt like Zach’s light but weaker and more forced. As nice as it felt this was easy to fight and I blinked heavily, my head rolling back to stare at her. The energy pulsed again and again, grew hotter and more intense but I knew what true uncontrolled need felt like and this was like a pesky fly.

“Stop it.” My voice bubbled with pleasure but it was background noise and didn’t control me.

The black eyes widened the mirth was gone as the young woman rebound her efforts of subduing me, behind her the Minotaur shuffled back and it looked like his demonhood wilted.

Seeing them off balance gave me the boost I needed and like so many times before I reached out and searched for their life force. I hadn’t expected to find anything after Zach and his nothingness so I widened the reach of my search. Sweat beaded on my forehead as I found what I was looking for. There was an overlap where my body began and the demon’s force tried to join with. I saw it in my mind as a dark red film and I picked at its edge, prying an edge up to get a hold of.

The demon screamed in anger and the film heated but before it reached my grip it cooled.

Smiling I taunted the demon, tugging at the hold I had watching as the demon jerked. Rage twisted its face and she pulled back, physically moving as if tugging on some invisible rope. “Impossible!” It snarled giving up with trying to wrench it from my grasp and launching herself at me.

Mentally I yanked and like a band pulled too tight it recoiled then snapped. I hadn’t expected it to break, or for it to sling back at me like a rubber band but it did and I was unprepared for it to cling to me. Like an oil it seeped into my being and I saw the woman-demon fall to the ground, limp. I on the other hand screamed, twitching and bucking as I fought the unclipped power that didn’t belong to be as it forced its way to make room within, as it settled my body stilled.

My eyes had bled to the dark brown almost black like the first time I had reacted to Zach and I chuckled dryly. With the power came information and I tugged on my wrist and ankles once final time, smiling as they vanished into a puff of black smoke. “Child of Lilith.” I had collapsed in a heap when I was freed but as I gathered my legs up under me I advanced towards the shivering demon. “Succubus. Left the return of your power used against you.” I smile as the demon moaned and uncurled her body to grasp at her breasts.

The Minotaur roared but before he could charge I snapped my head in his direction and blew him a kiss. I was still reeling with the succubus’ taken power and I turned it on the beast. His knees gave out and before his brutish hands could grasp his own length, liquid stained the loincloth. He grunted and gasped as his release was forced upon him, unstopping and unforgiving.

A cruelness I had never felt before overcame me and I laughed at the poor beast as his pleasure turned to pain. I saw in him is desire to rape me, to take me as I cried and he abused my body. This was a kinder fate for him, to be forever trapped in his own climax, forever building forever without end. I looked back at the winged creature that had been behind me but he had already fled.

The power was not mine and I could feel the trickle of its use spill from my hand like grains of sand in an hour glass. I had no idea what I was doing and the price of such whipped back at me. The same forced pleasure I had trapped the succubus and minotaur in rebounded on me and I staggered under the load. It still wasn’t as potent as Zach’s light but my body drank deeply from it, getting drunk and careless.

Hands that did not feel like my own hands, thought they were, lightly skimmed over my body. Standing there naked, I cupped my breast my thumb bushing over my hard nipple making my gasp out loud. They had always been sensitive but with the eddy of the succubus’ power the jolt of lightning that they sent to my core was threatening. My legs quivered and my mind pictured Zach, shirtless and coming to my rescue. His body shadowed against the brightness of his light. My mind turned foggy, a hand raking nails down my stomach. I kept my hair trimmed short but my lips were hairless, soft and dewy beneath my fingers.

“No…” My hand curled away from my center and dropped from my breast. I didn’t know why but I felt I needed to fight the allure of pleasure. There would be a price, what for, I didn’t know but I felt it deep within. Giving in would change me, it would awaken something that dared not be awoken. “Zach.” I cried falling to my knees, the need too much. I didn’t know how to resist, I wanted. Forcing my hands into fists I punched them flat against the stone floors and squeezed my eyes shut. I hadn’t prayed since I was a very young girl but at that moment I prayed for Zach to find me, to take me away. "Zachary."
 
Something was wrong.

Zachary cursed his instincts blaring out a warning that he just couldn't ignore. Why had he let her out of his sight? Especially with a blasted demon having scented her?

Not that she had given her much choice. The minute they got here she seemed to run away for the bathroom. He didn't know if it was because of the shock of it all or just wanting to escape and get her bearings. Either way he should have known better than to let her get so far so fast.

He strode into the hotel using his senses to follow the potent energy of her soul. She was easy enough to follow and within a matter of seconds he was entering the bathroom. Thankfully it was empty and he took the time to lock it before continuing.

Zachary growled when he spotted the black soot on the floor. He walked over to it and squatted down. He reached out with his fingers collecting some of it on his fingers before bringing it up to his nose.

"Sulfur" Zach murmured his eyes narrowing. He sighed and rose to his feet to go lock the bathroom door. One it was locked he went back to the pile of sulfur and brought his hand up on it. He activated his grace filling the room with his soft warm light as he scanned the sulfur. His eyes closed as he tried to locate her unique energy signature.

It took him longer than he expected but eventually he found her. She called to him her soul clearly distressed and praying for his assistance.

"There we go" He said his eyes opening and burning with pure energy.

"I'm coming"

He crackled into existence in a burning display of holy fire. The flames billowed out around her missing her but burning everything else.

"There you are" He said coming over to her and hoisting her up "Let's get out of here"

Before she could say anything else they were gone and back at the hotel. He pulled her forward directly into the hotels shop which sported many different clothing and dresses.

"Those were demons" He said passing a small amount of his grace over her wounds. They healed instantly and in a matter of seconds she was free of any blemishes.

"We need to get you new clothing" He said studying her "Go ahead pick out one of those dresses. We can talk more from there. I want to know everything that they said to you. I also want to know how you have the scent of a succubus on you"
 
Fire, a new fire, joined the once already roaring inside me. Like a lover it surrounded me, adding to the flames. I cried out, my head thrown back as the heat consumed me. Moisture gathered between my legs and my scent grew thick around me, legs trembling and body rocking. All around the fire burned and everything it touched turned to ash and blew away.

There you are.

I heard the words for the second time tonight and I flinched at the sound. His voice was raw against me, overpowering my overstimulated nerves. What remained of the succubus’ power swirled in the pit of my stomach, the butterflies turning to dragons and I turned towards Zach. I was angry, not with him but I targeted him. He was ignorant of my emotions and he swept me up off the ground and back to the hotel. Why were we back here?

“No-!” Ecstasy washed over me as soon as his light touched me and in the face of Zack’s light the succubus’ power faded but I was too far gone. What fervor his angelic powers spurred me towards was infinitely heightened and I tried to warn him with a strangled “Sorry.” I didn’t care where I was or who was watching. I needed an outlet and Zach was the only safe one here.

The buttons on his shirt grazed over my breast and I whimpered both happy and sad that it had missed my nipple. I flattened my heated naked body to Zach’s and threaded my hands through his thick golden hair. It was like silk and I grabbed a handful and brought his mouth down to mine. I wasn’t particularly gentle, my body was pass that, I needed him like I needed air. My lips rushed to meet his, parting on contact as I poured everything I felt into that kiss. He was like lave, things touched him and sizzled away. At least that was what I was hoping for as I pushed the dregs of the succubus’ touch from my essence to him. Clinging to his body with abandoned inhibitions.

My mind unclouded, the keen wanton drive curbed and I could breathe without mewling. The hands in Zach’s hair slacked and I let my body settle flat footed, I did shiver as my sensitive nipples dragged down his shirt but I wasn’t overwhelmed with the avidity as before. I could think past just feeling and fulfilling. Sound came back and I realized just how narrowed my world had become on my own pleasure.

“I’m,” I took in a deep shaken breath, my forehead pressed to his chest hiding. “I’m sorry.” I repeated. I was feeling better, having unloaded whatever that was from the succubus onto Zach. I couldn’t bear to look at him quite yet but I wasn’t strong enough to stand on my own. His light may have healed me but I was weak kneed from resisting and emotionally exhausted. “Oh!” I felt something too large being shoved into too small a space within me and something snapped but it tightly recoiled back and left me nauseous. “Urg.” I moaned.

“Take me home?” I looked up then, my eyes fluttering heavily. My head was dizzy, light and there was a buzzing sound that I couldn’t block out. “I’m sorry…” I mumbled yet again my eyes drifting shut as I fainted against him.

I hadn’t answered any of his questions, hadn’t asked any of mine. Hadn’t had ice cream and I wasn’t too sure if Zach knew where I lived but there was no worrying about any of that as my body went limp.
 
Her lips crashed against his faster and harder than he could have stopped. He felt their lips pressing together and also her fire. She was touched by a demon a succubus that left a lingering feeling on her body. The succubus power affected him to drawing his own desire out as he eagerly returned the kiss. His fingers ran all over her body for a few seconds feeling her and touching her before he finally pulled away.

"Don't apologize" He said his voice thick with emotion and need. Angels had their own souls and were capable of feeling desire.

They could also turn it off.

He took a deep breath and when he exhaled all the desire and sex left his body. He closed his eyes and pictured himself in heaven specifically the garden of Eden. When he opened his eyes he was back in control and utterly serene.

"Think nothing of what happened" He said gathering her into his arms. He closed his eyes and there was a woosh as they left the middle eastern country behind them. A few seconds later they settled back inside of her home.

"Here we are" He said letting her down "Would you like to get dressed now? As beautiful as your body is I am sure it would help you feel better"
 
​Had Eve been awake when Zach turned off his feeling she would have been hurt. His kiss had been just what she needed to scrub clean the tarnish of the succubus but there had been an element within that kiss that had touched her. She hadn't been kind, had demanded and taken what she needed and he had given it to her. Even more he had responded with an energy of his own, the feel of his hands roaming over her body, his lips parting to hers and more so the rasp to his voice as the kiss ended.

Yes, a very good thing because there wasn't a woman that Eve knew of that had the ego to soften that hard of a flip.​

The world shifted around Eve and she clung to Zach unaware of what was going on as darkness and sleep settled over her, using those few second it took to teleport for her to pass out sound asleep.

Far, far away she thought she heard Zach's voice but it too slipped away before she could grasp it's meaning. Eve was too tired to fight, too tired to dream and all that she wanted was to fall into her queen sized bed and not wake up for a week. Yup, a whole week because by then, her brain rationalized, all this would be over and the crazy dream with the angel and demons would be over with.

With a deep sigh Eve curled deeper into Zach's chest as her breathing leveled out and slowed. Her body relaxing as sleep won.
 
Back
Top