VA friends

I bet it was a bit warm at Busch Gardens but a good day for the water rides. Was it crowded?
Not too bad for the first couple of hours. Cold beer helped with the heat, though. Simple observation: There were WAY too many people wearing clothes they had no business wearing in front of another human being! LOL

Not too bad for the first couple of hours. Cold beer helped with the heat, though. Simple observation: There were WAY too many people wearing clothes they had no business wearing in front of another human being! LOL

HAHAHA Dang Salty! I did not need that visual.

HAHAHA Dang Salty! I did not need that visual.

There are plenty of things I wish I could unsee from that day! Aside from people wearing clothes that were too small (I thought nut-hugger shorts went out of style in the 70’s?) and having all kinds of “stuff” hanging out from odd places, I saw one scrawny little dude wearing a pair of black skinny jeans on one of the hottest days of the year. I guess he thought wearing them with the waist band cinched tight below his nuts with a belt would provide some cooling. However, the guys is going to be walking around the theme park for several hours and can (a) barely move his legs with a belt around his thighs, and (2) can’t let go of his pants with his right hand cuz they’ll still fall down. What was he thinking when he got dressed that morning??

There are plenty of things I wish I could unsee from that day! Aside from people wearing clothes that were too small (I thought nut-hugger shorts went out of style in the 70’s?) and having all kinds of “stuff” hanging out from odd places, I saw one scrawny little dude wearing a pair of black skinny jeans on one of the hottest days of the year. I guess he thought wearing them with the waist band cinched tight below his nuts with a belt would provide some cooling. However, the guys is going to be walking around the theme park for several hours and can (a) barely move his legs with a belt around his thighs, and (2) can’t let go of his pants with his right hand cuz they’ll still fall down. What was he thinking when he got dressed that morning??

Maybe we are out of the fashion loop and the nut-hugger shorts have come back in style. Sometimes I can only shake my head and think that outfit is 5 times too small for that person. Makes me wonder if people look at themselves in the mirror before going out and think "damn, I look good in this"? lol. Did you see any women in high heels walking around the park? I have seen that before. That cannot be comfortable but I guess fashion over comfort.

Dating

Let me post this question which was a topic at the office a few days ago.

You met a person on a dating app so you have a seen a pic of the person and had exchanged messages so not going into the date blind. You go out on your first date to a movie. You would have preferred to have gone somewhere quiet so you could talk and get to know the person better but it was a movie you wanted to see so not that big of a deal. Your date is average looking, not bad but not someone you would be telling your friends how good looking the person was. The date was fine but there was no real attraction, there was not that spark that really made you want to go on another date with this person but you have not been on many dates in a long time and you really want to find someone for a relationship.

So the question is, you did not really feel an attraction to the person but should you go out on a second date to see if maybe an attraction will build? How many dates would you go out with a person that you are not feeling an attraction to before you decide it is not going to happen? Does there come a point in your life where you feel lonely and do want a family where you decide that you need to settle for a person that you are not really attracted to but you get along with and maybe can make it work?

Wonder what happened to our librarian? I have books to return. :)

Not sure. I’ll be braving the heat tomorrow. Will be touring Rutherford’s Farm up at Winchester tomorrow. It’s the 155th Anniversary of that engagement. Will definitely be stopping at Nana’s Irish ☘️ Pub on the return trip to re- hydrate. 🍻 Slainte

Not sure. I’ll be braving the heat tomorrow. Will be touring Rutherford’s Farm up at Winchester tomorrow. It’s the 155th Anniversary of that engagement. Will definitely be stopping at Nana’s Irish ☘️ Pub on the return trip to re- hydrate. 🍻 Slainte

Sounds like fun.

I passed up through Leesburg, Charlestown and Martinsburg last weekend on my way up to Cumberland for the Murder Mystery train ride. Played golf at Locust Hill golf course in Charlestown on Sat morning before heading on to Cumberland. I was surprised that the first things I saw when I got off the highway in Martinsburg were 2 "Gentlemans Club". Wonder if that is a thing in Martinsburg?

Sounds like fun.

I passed up through Leesburg, Charlestown and Martinsburg last weekend on my way up to Cumberland for the Murder Mystery train ride. Played golf at Locust Hill golf course in Charlestown on Sat morning before heading on to Cumberland. I was surprised that the first things I saw when I got off the highway in Martinsburg were 2 "Gentlemans Club". Wonder if that is a thing in Martinsburg?[/QUOTE

Survived the tour. We ended up in the Lowe’s store which now covers the main & most important piece of the action from a 155 years ago. Really caused a little stir when the 30 of us went to isle 14 & our guide gave his little talk. Then it was off the Nana’s Irish ☘️ Pub for a couple of Imperial Pints 🍺 Slainte

Sounds like fun.

I passed up through Leesburg, Charlestown and Martinsburg last weekend on my way up to Cumberland for the Murder Mystery train ride. Played golf at Locust Hill golf course in Charlestown on Sat morning before heading on to Cumberland. I was surprised that the first things I saw when I got off the highway in Martinsburg were 2 "Gentlemans Club". Wonder if that is a thing in Martinsburg?[/QUOTE

Survived the tour. We ended up in the Lowe’s store which now covers the main & most important piece of the action from a 155 years ago. Really caused a little stir when the 30 of us went to isle 14 & our guide gave his little talk. Then it was off the Nana’s Irish ☘️ Pub for a couple of Imperial Pints 🍺 Slainte

Was a black and tan on the menu tonight?

YES it was, thanks for asking. Had the Fish & Chips to. Only thing missing was coverage of The Open 🏌️*♂️ Slainte 🍺

That was a great end of the day. Love Fish & chips. Have been watching the Open on and off all weekend. Have also been watching some of the LPGA tournament too. Went to a pool party last night and the pool was like a warm bath, definitely not a refreshing plunge into the water.

Back