The New Student (Closed for heartofcourage)

Bill laughed as she made the comment about his wife. "Yeah, my wife is the good girl, she won't want to hang out with the bad crowd," he smiled at her, giving her a playful grin. "Don't take it personally, it is just who she is."

"Seriously, you do not have to repay me Carley," he said. The look on her face almost defiant, like she will not listen to him. "So you will get in trouble and find a way to repay me," he joked as he began to laugh. "Carley, I am your adviser here, I am suppose to help you out!"

"Well, this can be a mutual friendship." Carley said with a smile as the first bell rang to tell the students to get to class. "I guess I better get going. Tell your wife thanks and I'll return the containers tomorrow."

She reached down to pack the leftovers into her backpack before she stood and shouldered the bag. She flashed him a smile before she left his office on the way to her first class that morning.

Bill smiled, "A mutual friendship sounds good Carley." He heard the bell and nodded as she said she better get going. "Yeah, you don't want to be late and get into trouble," he said winking at her. He stood up behind his desk as she packed her leftovers into her bag.

"Sure, tomorrow for the containers is fine, no rush, we have plenty of them," he said smiling. "Hope you have a good day," he said as he saw her flash him a smile. She had a nice smile, and he felt honored that he saw it. She hadn't done a lot of smiling in her first day, so it was nice to see her open up a bit more. He watched her leave, and then followed her out of the office, heading toward his first period class.

Carley didn't get a chance to see Mr. Lewis for the rest of the day. She was lucky enough to get all of her work done before classes before she was given another pile to work on that evening. After school, she immediately went to the book shop, desperate to make a good impression on the man that was giving her a chance.

Pushing the door open, she listened to the bell tinkle overhead before she stepped inside and let the door close behind her. She looked around the well maintained interior, spotting a man behind the front counter.

"Hi. I'm Carley." She said as she made her way over towards him. "Mr. Lewis sent me here to talk to you about a job?"

Mike, the manager of the bookshop looked up and saw the young woman walk in. He smiled as she introduced herself. "Yes, Carley, Mr. Lewis talked very highly of you..... are you a big book fan?," he asked. He looked at her, she seemed nice.

"Well, I do have a part time opening, I can offer it to you, it will be after school until close..... you will be in charge of organizing and helping customers around the shop. Someone else will be here to run the register...." he explained to her. "Also, I can pay you $10 an hour, it may not be amazing, but I hope it will work."

"No, that all sounds fantastic. I love books and I'm thankful to have any opportunity to work. I put in a lot of different applications and no one ever called me back." She admitted to Mike as he explained what he expected of her. "Would you mind if I start tonight? Even if it's just a training tonight, I would like to start as soon as possible."

Across town, Jessica was showing Bill the house of her dreams. The realtor stood in the living room to give the couple time to explore. Jessica was smiling wide, her eyes bright as she showed Bill the three bedrooms, the downstairs office, the kitchen, the backyard...it was all absolutely perfect.

"There's enough room for a few kids. Maybe a dog or two. You can have an office and I can have an office in the kitchen." Jessica insisted as they stood on the deck to discuss everything. "The price is good and it's a good location too."

Mike smiled at Carley, "Of course, I would expect you to start tonight...." he grabbed a paper out from under the counter. "Here, you need to fill this out and return it to me tomorrow, it is so I can file your payroll information." He looked at her and smiled, Bill must have given him a good recommendation, she seemed to want to work. "As for training, there is a cart over there with some books that need to be put away. You can get to know the shop by putting them back in the right section."

Across town, Bill was checking out the new house with his wife. He was excited, it seemed like a great house. He was glad that he came with her, but it would all come down to price. As the realtor left the two alone, Bill smiled at Jessica. "It is a huge house....." he admitted.

"You are so excited babe," he smiled as she talked about all the room the house had. "Well, the asking price is good, we will see if there is any other offers in...... and its a great location," he admitted as he put his arm around his wife. They walked around the house, continuing to look at the place.

"I'll get to work right away." Carley said, giving him a smile as she went to store her backpack behind the front counter before she grabbed the cart to get to work.

She was a smart girl and it didn't take her long to figure out how things worked or where things went. Her task was finished relatively quickly and she was soon sitting at the front counter, filling out the paperwork that she had been given as Mike told her how things operated around there. She listened carefully, not wanting to mess things up in the least. This job was too important to her.

Jessica had the largest smile on her face as she and Bill explored the house just a little bit more. After all of their fighting and rough spots, it seemed like they were finally on the path towards happily ever after. This house would play a large part in that dream.

"This is what I want. This is the house that I've always dreamed about." Jessica said as he mentioned that she looked excited. "We just have to be on the same page. I really want you to be happy too, Bill."

Mike was amazed at how hard this new girl worked. As he was explaining how things worked at the store, he couldn't help but want to call Bill and thank him for letting him know about her. "Wow, Mr. Lewis told me you would be an asset, but you are catching onto things around here very quick," he said smiling at his new employee.

Bill smiled at Jessica, "I am happy babe, why do you always think that I am not happy?" He looked at her, giving her a big hug. "I like the house..... let's talk to the realtor tomorrow first thing in the morning to see if we can put an offer in." He knew that would make Jessica happy, but he wasn't lying, it was a great house for a family, and eventually, they would be starting a family.

"I'm a hard worker. I want to make the best impression that I can." Carley said with a shrug as she gave her new boss a soft smile. "I know you'd rather have someone who tries hard then someone who does a half assed job."

She could be brutally honest about things if she put her mind to it. Honesty was a good policy in her books, especially after she had been lied to so many times in her life.

Jessica glanced at her husband as he hugged her tightly, asking her why she thought that he was never happy. She let out a soft sigh, her hands going to hold his cheeks as they looked at one another.

"Because we've been fighting so much lately. I know marriages have their rough patches, but you seem unhappy at home. I just want to make sure that you're really happy." She said softly, letting him know just what was on her mind.

He smiled at his wife as she held his cheeks and spoke to him. "Jess, I am very happy...... I have never not been happy with you," he said. He looked at his wife, knowing they have fought a lot lately, but it wasn't just him. She was pushing, and never admitted when maybe she could possibly be wrong.

"Listen babe, I like the house...... I think we should make an offer," he said leaning in to kiss her softly. He did like the house, and was happy that he came to look at it with Jess.

At the store, Mike smiled at his new employee. "Well.... you are right, honesty is the best policy. Remind me to thank Mr. Lewis for recommending you," he said grinning at his new worker. He went back to some ordering he had to do, letting her finish up her paperwork.

"Really? Oh, Bill. You have no idea how happy that makes me." Jessica said with a wide smile before he kissed her softly. "We can go and talk to the realtor now. Then, I'm taking you out to dinner and then taking you home and taking you to bed."

Jessica was incredibly excited at the prospect of owning this home. She had been dreaming about the day that the two of them actually put down roots and started their family. Now, they were one step closer to that reality.

Carley watched as Mike moved to his office, leaving her alone to complete her paperwork. She let out a long sigh, glancing around the store that was now her job. It was a good feeling, she decided. She liked working and she liked being on her own. It was a hell of a lot better than struggling to survive in the foster care system. She could get use to working there.

Bill laughed at Jessica's excitement. "Sure, let's go talk to the realtor," he said as he put his arm around her. The left the room and found the realtor near the front of the house. Bill smiled, "So we love the house, and we would love to put in an offer......" he said. Jessica was gripping him tightly, excited for the news.

The realtor also was excited, telling the couple that she would make up the paperwork, and they could sign the offer sheet tomorrow if they wanted. Bill smiled and shook the realtors hand, then lead Jessica out of the house. They got to the car and Bill smiled, "So where do you want to eat babe?"

In the back of his mind, Bill wondered how Carley was doing at her new job. He kind of wanted to call the shop to check on her, he figured he could do that at the restaurant when they got there.

"Chinese?" Jessica asked, giving him a wide and happy grin. "That place that we went for our anniversary last year was pretty tasty."

She couldn't help but kiss his cheek, so excited that he was going to give this home thing a chance. She thought that she was in for a fight with him over the property, but she was pleasantly surprised when he admitted that he was happy and he liked the place as much as she did.

"I can't believe we're about to buy a house." She said with a huge grin as she slipped into the passenger seat, buckling her seat belt. "You have no idea how happy I am."

Bill smiled as he heard Jessica's reaction. "Sure, that place was delicious..... what a great way to celebrate," he said as he kissed his wife. They got into the car and he began to drive, thinking about how happy he was that he could make Jessica see that he was excited for this.

"I know..... it is so exciting that we are going to buy the house," he said. "Hopefully our offer will be good enough," he said as he pulled into the parking lot to the Chinese restaurant. As they got in the restaurant, he smiled as they were seated.

"I have to run to the bathroom, I will be right back," he said smiling. He got up from the table and headed off to the bathroom, planning on calling the bookstore to see if Carley was having a good first day at work. As he heard Carley's voice pick up the phone, he smiled, "Hey Carley..... its Mr. Lewis..... how is your first day going?"

The phone rang as Carley was working on her paper work and she jumped slightly at the disruption. Glancing back towards where Mike had gone, she didn't see him coming back to answer the call, so she picked up the line and tried to sound as professional as possible.

"This is Carley. How may I help you?" She murmured, surprised to hear Mr. Lewis on the other end of the line. "Keeping tabs on me, Mr. Lewis?"

She smiled as she said that, no malice in her voice as she teased the man that was quickly becoming a close friend of hers. "It's been good so far. Mike seems impressed that I can work so hard. I think things are going to work out really well here."

Bill smiled as he heard Carley's voice. "Keeping tabs on you? Of course, just making sure you are working and staying out of trouble," he said joking with her over the phone. He laughed as he listened to her talk about how her day was going.

"Good, I am glad Mike is impressed, he is a good friend..... he will love having you help out...." he said smiling as he leaned back against the wall in the restaurant. "So, I am glad things are going well, just wanted to check in and see how you were doing," he said softly. He knew he should head back to his wife, but he did enjoy his conversations with Carley.

Carley was quiet for a long moment as he talked about how Mike was a good friend and he was going to be thankful for the help that she gave him. She had to wonder just why Mr. Lewis had called her and why he had called her so late.

"Won't your wife be jealous when she hears you're talking to someone who is usually up to no good? I think you said she stays away from people like me." Carley ventured, wondering if things were still bad at him and he was looking for an escape.

Bill heard Carley's question and he grinned. "My wife and I are out to dinner..... I slipped away just to check on you," he said. It was weird, he shouldn't have left his wife to call a student, but he really did wonder how her first day was going. He was trying to be kind, or did he have another reason. No, he did not have another reason, he was just being polite, he told himself.

"Well, I guess I should let you get back to work.... and I should get back to my wife before she really thinks I shouldn't be around a person like you," he joked to her. He laughed, "I am glad your first day is going so well."

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow at school." Carley murmured, smiling as she hung up the phone and thought about Mr. Lewis for a long moment.

She had no idea why he had called, but it felt nice to be cared about by someone. He was a good guy, one of the few that had taken an interest in her and not made her feel like a piece of trash because of it. She needed to keep him on her good side and keep their friendship going for as long as she possibly could. He didn't seem too surprised by her past and the seedy things that she might have done which was definitely a plus.

"Mike?" Carley called out as she walked back towards his office. "I was wondering if I could leave a little bit early tonight. I have a stack of homework to get caught up on. I can work late this weekend if you like to make up for it."

Bill hung up the phone and then headed back to his wife. He smiled as he sat down at the table. "Ready to order?," he asked. He watched as Jess ordered, and then he ordered as well, the dinner was going to be a good one, and he was excited to get a nice night out with his wife.

Part of him hoped that it would lead to him and her having sex tonight. It had been a while, and he was in the mood tonight. The dinner went nice, as they finished off their food. They got up to leave and Bill put his arm around his wife. "So, heading home?," he asked.

Back at the shop, Mike heard Carley, he smiled. "Sure..... it is slow tonight, did you finish that paperwork?" He stood up as Carley brought the paperwork to him. He looked at his new employee and smiled. "Tomorrow, 5 to close is your next shift...... see you then."

Jessica laughed softly as they walked from the restaurant to their car, that smile on Bill's face telling her just what he wanted. He was horny and it had been a while since they had been together. She could use with some mind blowing sex.

"I told you I was going to fuck your brains out, didn't I?" Jessica teased her husband, pulling him to a stop to kiss him with a passion that had been slowly burning inside of her. "The moment we get home, we're naked and in bed. That's what I want."

Bill felt Jessica pull him in and kiss him passionately. He groaned as the kiss broke, "Well lets go." Bill and Jessica got into the car, and the headed off home. As they got home, they laughed, just like the beginning of their relationship.

As they entered their home, Bill grabbed Jessica, kissing her hard. He was horny, and he could use a night of hot sex. He kissed her hard, as he pressed her against the wall just inside of their home. "God...." he groaned as he closed his eyes.

Jessica was unprepared when he pinned her to the wall just inside the front door. She knew that he wanted her, but she had no idea how much. It had been a while since they had shared a night of mind blowing sex and it seemed that they were about to make up for lost time.

"God, Bill. I can feel how hard you are already." She whispered, giving him a naughty smile as he kissed her hard.

A long, low whimper issued from her throat as their tongues tangled together, her fingers curling into his shoulders to keep herself steady as her knees grew weak.

Bill heard his wife, and smiled as he continued to attack her lips. They kissed passionately, as he pressed her against the wall. He heard her low whimper as they kissed. Bill sighed as he broke the kiss, staring into his wife's eyes.

He then moved down, kissing her neck, as his hands moved to her hips. He then slid his hand onto her ass, squeezing firmly as he began to kiss and suck on her neck. His mind was racing, his cock needing attention. It had been way too long since they had done something like this.

Back