---The Rebels---IC Thread (Check the OOC to join.)

"Yah...!" Ellerzit kicked the horse's side, springing it to action. Diren held tightly to the general's side for he was unable to ride anything self a donkey or pony.
Soon the general was riding side by side with Serana and the siblings. Rushing into the woods, they followed a blood trail till they got to their camp.
The five of them crouched in the underbush on the hill and watched as the men greedily divided their spoils.
Ellerzit eyes narrowed in rage as he saw the now pale skinned dead woman whose blood has stained her blue silk dress.
"Bastards." he cursed. "Can you summon something that can be invincible?" he asked Felix while staring at a little boy who was tied to a tree in the middle. He didn't want the lad to be a casualty in the heat of battle.
 
Serana held up her finger to her lips, calmly and gently sneaking through the bushes until she rested her fingertips on a large trunk of a tree which was directly to the greedy men's side. Her fingertips now black with magic, the tree slowly drained of its life until it fell directly next to the men, as well as landing on one itself. Sera a darted across and to the boy, who silently had a look of terror and relif on his face. She got behind the tree he was tied to and started untying him, she looked up from the role and started indicating Felix and the other two men to do something to the greedy men, whom were trying to get their friend out from under the tree.
 
Felix saw Serena's signal and nodded, then he whispered in Xi's ear that it was showtime. Xi smiled and leapt from the horse's back, hitting the ground running. She moved as swift as the wind and as silent as falling snow, getting within a few feet of one of the bandits before they even noticed she was there. She struck with her blades bow along the bandit's back, the weapon thrumming with predatory glee as it was coated in blood. Within seconds, the blade's hex paralysed the bandit and, taking advantage of the opportunity, Xi played Puppet Waltz. She seized control of the bandit and made him start attacking the others. While the bandits were distracted, Felix rushed in and prepared to brawl. He ducked around the controlled bandit and delivered a devastating elbow strike to the other bandit's throat, crushing his windpipe and killing him. The controlled bandit drew his knife and darted behind another opponent. Getting close, he drove the blade between the fourth and fifth vertebrae which simultaniously severed the spine and pierced the heart. Xi released her hold on the bandit and left him for Ellerzit to take care of. After that, she ran over to the corpses and dipped her bow in the shed blood. It seemed to soak up the blood and shimmer hypnotically. They could have been a lot messier when handling the bandits but they didn't want to scare the little boy. That and their proximity to the rift made it harder to stay in control. The siblings could faintly hear the dark, seductive whispers of the spirit realm telling them to give in to their other halves, their Denizen side.
 
Back
Top