Rhapsody's photos

I am back to say Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays. These were taken today.
tumblr_myefsjfRrV1sow60jo1_500.jpg

Merry Christmas Dear! :kiss:
you are missed but I am glad that life it embracing you and holding you close.
 
Usage of bob for shilling dates back to the late 1700s. Origin of the word in this sense is not known for sure. Possibilities include a connection with the church or bell-ringing since 'bob' meant a set of changes rung on the bells. This would be consistent with one of the possible origins and associations of the root of the word Shilling, (from Proto-Germanic 'skell' meaning to sound or ring). There is possibly an association with plumb-bob, being another symbolic piece of metal, made of lead and used to mark a vertical position in certain trades, notably masons. Brewer's 1870 Dictionary of Phrase and Fable states that 'bob' could be derived from 'Bawbee', which was 16-19th century slang for a half-penny, in turn derived from: French 'bas billon', meaning debased copper money (coins were commonly cut to make change). Brewer also references the Laird of Sillabawby, a 16th century mintmaster, as a possible origin. 'Bob a nob', in the early 1800s meant 'a shilling a head', when estimating costs of meals, etc. In the 18th century 'bobstick' was a shillings-worth of gin.
 
In answer to Tolyk, about the beach goer, I believe that central framing + the peculiar set of colors of the pic + the arms raised with an angle + the fabric of the shapeless coat give the image an unexpected biblical dimension - which I find interesting.

So, I support the central framing in this case :))
 
Part of Ali mountain - near Taichung, Taiwan.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0290.JPG
    IMG_0290.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top