How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

• YES

Votes: 48 16.4%
  • NO

Votes: 148 50.5%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 35 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
God is everything!

Yup!

All things dull and ugly,
All creatures short and squat,
All things rude and nasty,
The Lord God made the lot.

Each little snake that poisons,
Each little wasp that stings,
He made their brutish venom.
He made their horrid wings.

All things sick and cancerous,
All evil great and small,
All things foul and dangerous,
The Lord God made them all.

Each nasty little hornet,
Each beastly little squid
Who made the spikey urchin?
Who made the sharks? He did!

All things scabbed and ulcerous,
All pox both great and small,
Putrid, foul and gangrenous,

Amen.

Yup!

Amen.
You always take such effort to write your little posts, constantly.
Why are you wicked and corrupt atheists, or whatever you are... so OBSESSED, and follow those of us who are trying to be good and holy? You know, I remember learning in school years ago how demons fixate on good, holy souls.

Why are you wicked and corrupt atheists, or whatever you are... so OBSESSED, and follow those of us who are trying to be good and holy? You know, I remember learning in school years ago how demons fixate on good, holy souls.

Not demons, just confused human beings. If really doesn't matter. God loves us always. All of us. Always.

Yup!

Amen.
See page 127.

Actually, that one was just a quick google search followed by a cut and paste job.

But yes, usually I do put effort in to my posts. That's what one does when having a debate. Identify the flaws in your opponent's argument, point them out, provide counter examples. I enjoy a good debate, and whilst you are not giving one, Tryharder is, so really I'm posting for her benefit, not yours.

Wheras, you have stooped to insults and personal attacks, calling me wicked, and corrupt, and implying I am a demon (or at least, somewhat demonic).

And obsessed with you? No (though if your profile is genuine you sound kinda cute) . I'd respond to anybody starting a post putting their religion (and thus, themselves) on a pedestal above all others. It just happens that right now, you are the one doing that kind of posting.

I don't want to live one moment longer than that age where people say..."OMG he was so young". Then take me away. Please.

Actually, that one was just a quick google search followed by a cut and paste job.

But yes, usually I do put effort in to my posts. That's what one does when having a debate. Identify the flaws in your opponent's argument, point them out, provide counter examples. I enjoy a good debate, and whilst you are not giving one, Tryharder is, so really I'm posting for her benefit, not yours.

Wheras, you have stooped to insults and personal attacks, calling me wicked, and corrupt, and implying I am a demon (or at least, somewhat demonic).

And obsessed with you? No (though if your profile is genuine you sound kinda cute) . I'd respond to anybody starting a post putting their religion (and thus, themselves) on a pedestal above all others. It just happens that right now, you are the one doing that kind of posting.
I could care less about your argument with tryharder, lmao I'm obviously referring to you stalking my threads. Get a life and get a clue. You really need both seriously , especially the former. A middle aged man stalking the absolute sugar out of my threads and making sure you let me know for the hundredth time you don't believe in God and that I'm a phoney and blah blah bllaaah. Are you not getting laid ?

giphy.webp

I believe that religion is one of the great evils perpetrated on this world.

It encourages bigotry, intolerance, sexual abuse, murder in the name of the "true god" and so much more.

How many millions and millions of people have been killed in the name of religion? Too many.

RC

So, in fact, even though you challenged my "every time" statement, you are not able to find a counter example?

But to take another tack now - if you agree that science is far better able to tackle such questions, why are there *still* people who attack the Theory of Evolution purely on the grounds that it contradicts the bible?

But religion does?

Well, lets take the worlds most popular religion as an example shall we? Christianity brought us the spanish inquisition, and the torturing of people to death because they might be witches. It brought us rules for beating your wife, and for how hard you can beat your slave (and that slaves should be content even if their master is cruel). It brought us homosexuals being sent to prison (Ooo! Homosexuality! Another thing religion tried to explain but that science explains better! - add it to the list).

It gave us specific instructions on how to treat the people you have conquered (including forcing yourself on their women) and that women should have to marry their rapist (whilst also saying that if discovered to be non-virgins on their wedding day, women should be stoned to death). Christianity taught us that its OK to get your dad drunk and have sex with him, but that if you happen to see your dad naked whilst trying to help is drunken ass to bed, you shall be cursed for all eternity.

It gave us men sitting on thrones of gold (or living in luxury mansions, or just building huge, expensive phallic stone towers) whilst others starve. It brought us churches that demand money from the congregation, then lock their doors to the homeless at night.

Religion as a source of morality? Why doesn't this forum have a ROFL emoticon?

No, I was showing that science doesn't look into the questions of morals, ethics, and meaning of life. The scientific method can not answer those questions. Religion on the other hand tends to look at the meaning of life. What is our purpose for being here? How can we live a better life now and for eternity? Some people make good choices and some not so good.

I could care less about your argument with tryharder, lmao I'm obviously referring to you stalking my threads. Get a life and get a clue. You really need both seriously , especially the former.

Then feel free to ignore my posts. Though I should point out it was you that PM'd me, not the other way around.

A middle aged man stalking the absolute sugar out of my threads and making sure you let me know for the hundredth time you don't believe in God and that I'm a phoney and blah blah bllaaah.

You may be mixing me up with somebody else, as I have never accused you of being a phony.

And as I said, I respond to any "my god is the best" thread that I see. It's not my fault if at the moment they are all yours. (Except this one, obviously).

No, I was showing that science doesn't look into the questions of morals, ethics, and meaning of life. The scientific method can not answer those questions.

You might find this interesting :)

https://en.tiny.ted.com/talks/sam_harris_science_can_show_what_s_right

Religion on the other hand tends to look at the meaning of life. What is our purpose for being here? How can we live a better life now and for eternity? Some people make good choices and some not so good.

I think before you ask "What is the meaning of life?" you should try to answer the question "Does life have meaning?" Why assume that it does?

I believe that religion is one of the great evils perpetrated on this world.

It encourages bigotry, intolerance, sexual abuse, murder in the name of the "true god" and so much more.

How many millions and millions of people have been killed in the name of religion? Too many.

RC

Religion is one thing. A real relationship with Jesus Christ is completely different. Religion=Ritual.

I think about this question. LOL. In Christian circles it is often said it will be so great we will spend eternity worshiping God and singing his praises all the time. In my humanness I think....wow sometimes I get distracted at church in an hour. :)eek:) Should I be praying for a better attention span????:D

Just pray for a short wait to be the scarecrow.

No, I was showing that science doesn't look into the questions of morals, ethics, and meaning of life. The scientific method can not answer those questions. Religion on the other hand tends to look at the meaning of life. What is our purpose for being here? How can we live a better life now and for eternity? Some people make good choices and some not so good.

M-hmm. Well, it's nothing very special. Uh, try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.

Led_Astrey You might find this interesting

https://en.tiny.ted.com/talks/sam_ha...w_what_s_right

I think before you ask "What is the meaning of life?" you should try to answer the question "Does life have meaning?" Why assume that it does?
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing it. :rose: But just because Sam Harris is a neuroscientist doesn't mean his opinion is anything other than that -- opinion. If an idea is not testable, repeatable, observable, and falsifiable, it is not scientific. I think he fried some brain cells on that estacy he likes.

In a 2010 Newsweek article:
Harris’s true obsession, then, is not God but consciousness, the idea that the human mind can be taught—trained, rationally—to be more loving, more generous, less egocentric than it is in its natural state. And though he knows that he can sound like a person who believes in God, he thinks that God is the wrong word to describe his beliefs. “ Pure semantics.

Nihilism - “do anything (life has no meaning). Some don't believe that life has meaning. I am not one of them.

Nihilism - “do anything (life has no meaning). Some don't believe that life has meaning. I am not one of them.

So it comes back to opinion then - you believe life has meaning, so you need some exterior guiding force to have created that meaning.

Wheras i assume life has no intrinsic meaning beyond that which we choose to give it. I see no guiding hand in the history of life, no ultimate purpose.

That doesn't, however, mean I feel free to "do anything". I have empathy and compassion for my fellow living beings (Though I believe they were provided by evolution, rather than a mysterious creator).

We all, I believe, have just this one chance to experience "being" so I aim to make it an interesting, pleasurable and (where appropriate) productive one for the other creatures I come into contact with, and to try to enjoy myself along the way.

Because morality doesn't come from a god, it comes from humanity. Compassion and empathy come from inside of ourselves, and are not imposed upon us from some external master. There are hundreds of different cultures upon earth, and not one of them believes that murdering and stealing from your neighbours is a good thing - so why claim we only know that because some benign (ha!) father-figure told us so?

I don't need a holy book to tell me to be nice to other people, nor do I require a threat of damnation to keep me on that path. Anyone that wouldn't be nice without those things is a pretty messed up person, frankly.

So it comes back to opinion then - you believe life has meaning, so you need some exterior guiding force to have created that meaning.

Wheras i assume life has no intrinsic meaning beyond that which we choose to give it. I see no guiding hand in the history of life, no ultimate purpose.

That doesn't, however, mean I feel free to "do anything". I have empathy and compassion for my fellow living beings (Though I believe they were provided by evolution, rather than a mysterious creator).

We all, I believe, have just this one chance to experience "being" so I aim to make it an interesting, pleasurable and (where appropriate) productive one for the other creatures I come into contact with, and to try to enjoy myself along the way.

Because morality doesn't come from a god, it comes from humanity. Compassion and empathy come from inside of ourselves, and are not imposed upon us from some external master. There are hundreds of different cultures upon earth, and not one of them believes that murdering and stealing from your neighbours is a good thing - so why claim we only know that because some benign (ha!) father-figure told us so?

I don't need a holy book to tell me to be nice to other people, nor do I require a threat of damnation to keep me on that path. Anyone that wouldn't be nice without those things is a pretty messed up person, frankly.

Well said. I can clearly see why you believe the way you do even though my beliefs are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back