GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
*huggles* for Gia and Jasmine

well i'm off to bed very important day tomorrow.

love you all,

Tiffany Lauren Sachi Taylor

Tymeless said:
well hun i'll need you starting tomorrow then lol!

Good luck to you hun! I'm sure we're all with you every step of the way. :heart: :)

I'm so excited for you- probably even more than normal due to my own hormonal spikes. :D

Gi_Venus said:
*hugs*:heart: It sounds like you two are doing a lot of introspective thinking. B needs to be gentle on himself. I know much of the feelings of inadequacy and honestly say had I been better at handling such feelings me and my ex would probably still be together. Some times retrospect adds clarity, one of my regrets is that I did not have the ability to see what was happening in the whole picture because of such negative feelings and emotions. We did not communicate well, and resentments, inadequacies, anger...hurt became the focus. The law of attraction is that one brings to oneself what one focuses on. Negative thought does this to all of us....it only brings misery. With that in mind, life becomes uplifting when we ride the crests....and when it becomes habitual we are on the mountain and there are no valleys. Listen to me...Miz misery herself....grin...I am working it and hope to be on the mountain for good one day. :)
I discovered last night that B is demanding perfection from himself. Now where this expectation is coming from, I have no clue, as he kinda non-confronted that question. It could be cultural- B is Chinese and the Asian culture in general has very high expectation levels. Or it could be personal. I don't know.

He's debating whether or not to tell his mother when she meets up this weekend in Philadelphia for his cousin's Uni graduation. We shall see...

Hormonally yours, :heart:

Good morning everyone :rose:

Just wanted to say a quick hello and I hope everyone has a good weekend.. I'm sick as a dog, missed a day at work yesterday and not sure if I'll be able to tough it out today... time will tell.

Mood: sick
Undies: pink
Music: z103.5

morning all-sounds like everyone is having as good a week as coudl be expected, here it is crazy-we are so busy, its good, but exhausting. Wasn't Aussie looking for a job in Canada?

weather is gorgeous-finally.

i am going to a funeral for a 4 year old today. Tad was diagnosed with brain cancer when he was less than a year old. His parent have a great attitude-he wasnt expected to make it a year-but saw 4 and a half-they are sad but grateful for the time they had. He has a 7 year old sister who was his guardian and protector-I think it may be hardest for her.

I know I gotta keep it together as mom is one of C's best friends.....(deep exhale) guess it is a good thing I am well practiced in the art of hiding my feelings eh.

OK-gotta get the reserrvations prepped then some signs up-we have had to scale back our office hours-the flip side of a booming economy is that there is no one to hire. I got 6 out of 6 staff back from last year-but we were running 2-3 short last year and now we have 3 that arent available but will be middle of June. Two of the ones that I do have are almost 60 and shouldn't be working as hard as they are.

More coffee for me-sorry-too fuzzy for individual greetings today.

*Huggles Min, giving her warm soup and hot tea* Poor thing, not feeling well again?

Youch, Lezli...that's got to be rough.

just a quick update but i'm out the door again.

got 6 vials stored of my batter.

took my pills.

I'll chat and update everyone tonight but i'm out with a friend right now.

*hugs and kisses*

Quote of the Day

"The power of imagination makes us infinite."

- John Muir

About John Muir
American naturalist John Muir is remembered as a passionate champion of the natural wonder of Yosemite; he was instrumental in turning the land into a national park. Born in Scotland in 1838, he immigrated with his family to Wisconsin in 1849. He dropped out of college to walk 1,000 miles from Indiana to Florida. After falling in love with Yosemite, he took a job herding sheep nearby. He developed the theory that the valley was created by glaciers, which is now accepted as fact. He died in 1914.

Mood: Relaxed, hoping for a buzz
Music: Blue Commune - Hands on the Wheel
Wearing: White panties. So boring. But there's nothing else. :devil:

TGIF, man. Damn. :rolleyes:

But enough of that. I have a serious question. Do you guys have any tricks to picking out perfume? I've been having a hell of a time. I've browsed websites, browsed Sephora.com, stuck to trying out one or two scents per day, waiting the 2+ hours... nothing has turned out to be a good signature scent. How do you choose? How do you even start finding out?

Exasperatedly yours,

diz :rose:

dizzylia said:
Mood: Relaxed, hoping for a buzz
Music: Blue Commune - Hands on the Wheel
Wearing: White panties. So boring. But there's nothing else. :devil:

TGIF, man. Damn. :rolleyes:

But enough of that. I have a serious question. Do you guys have any tricks to picking out perfume? I've been having a hell of a time. I've browsed websites, browsed Sephora.com, stuck to trying out one or two scents per day, waiting the 2+ hours... nothing has turned out to be a good signature scent. How do you choose? How do you even start finding out?

Exasperatedly yours,

diz :rose:

Hi diz, it is hard one way is to get a feel for what you like....I find learning the perfume industry jargon helps...but that only comes from experience.. in some of the online sites you can order samples. Pay attention to the descriptions....that will help you along the way... I go by what really strikes me...which is not much....I like Elizabeth Taylors "White Diamonds" but it is very strong....so I try to dab just tiny bit...but it smells wonderful later on. A mens scent I like is Anteous Pour Homme by Chanel...that has a wonderful smell but it is very expensive. I have not tried the female version of that yet....hmmm....

Gi_Venus said:
Hi diz, it is hard one way is to get a feel for what you like....I find learning the perfume industry jargon helps...but that only comes from experience.. in some of the online sites you can order samples. Pay attention to the descriptions....that will help you along the way... I go by what really strikes me...which is not much....I like Elizabeth Taylors "White Diamonds" but it is very strong....so I try to dab just tiny bit...but it smells wonderful later on. A mens scent I like is Anteous Pour Homme by Chanel...that has a wonderful smell but it is very expensive. I have not tried the female version of that yet....hmmm....
Yeah, I've been doing that, but I don't know what to look for in the descriptions. For example, I love the smell of sandalwood. So I've been looking for that as a basenote. But... there are so many!

Most of the ones I've tried have been very nice, and I'd love to purchase later on when I have extra cash to spend. But I'd really like to find a new scent I can wear every day. I'm also highly allergic to a lot of synthetic scents, which doesn't help. I've lucked out until today. I tried the newest perfume by Badgley Mischka. Within minutes I had a sheer, splitting headache. >.< This afternoon was downright torturous. Oy.

But... anyway. I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. I have a new list of things to try.

Terra_Cide said:
I discovered last night that B is demanding perfection from himself. Now where this expectation is coming from, I have no clue, as he kinda non-confronted that question. It could be cultural- B is Chinese and the Asian culture in general has very high expectation levels. Or it could be personal. I don't know.

He's debating whether or not to tell his mother when she meets up this weekend in Philadelphia for his cousin's Uni graduation. We shall see...

Hormonally yours, :heart:
sigh...it is a trap we all spring on ourselves....the magical tomorrow where we would have made ourselves perfect or better. Living in moment is the key as that is where we are....this means acceptance of self in all its flawed glory....it is okay to be not perfect because we can never be.....it is always tomorrow which never comes. The closest we can come to perfection is to shed our misery which is born of our thoughts. Living in silence so that we may experience what is, not what should be.
he...he...my buddhist monk past creeping in again...ahem..I mean a past incarnation....

Minouners said:
Good morning everyone :rose:

Just wanted to say a quick hello and I hope everyone has a good weekend.. I'm sick as a dog, missed a day at work yesterday and not sure if I'll be able to tough it out today... time will tell.

Mood: sick
Undies: pink
Music: z103.5
*hugs* sending healing thoughts your way Min. :kiss:

well i'm off to bed gotta be at work way to early sorry i'll fill you all in tomorrow or sunday about my day.

playwithlezli said:
morning all-sounds like everyone is having as good a week as coudl be expected, here it is crazy-we are so busy, its good, but exhausting. Wasn't Aussie looking for a job in Canada?

weather is gorgeous-finally.

i am going to a funeral for a 4 year old today. Tad was diagnosed with brain cancer when he was less than a year old. His parent have a great attitude-he wasnt expected to make it a year-but saw 4 and a half-they are sad but grateful for the time they had. He has a 7 year old sister who was his guardian and protector-I think it may be hardest for her.

I know I gotta keep it together as mom is one of C's best friends.....(deep exhale) guess it is a good thing I am well practiced in the art of hiding my feelings eh.

OK-gotta get the reserrvations prepped then some signs up-we have had to scale back our office hours-the flip side of a booming economy is that there is no one to hire. I got 6 out of 6 staff back from last year-but we were running 2-3 short last year and now we have 3 that arent available but will be middle of June. Two of the ones that I do have are almost 60 and shouldn't be working as hard as they are.

More coffee for me-sorry-too fuzzy for individual greetings today.
Oh god Lezli....sigh...*hugs* :heart: it is so hard when children are envolved.
Glad the business is going well. :)

dizzylia said:
Yeah, I've been doing that, but I don't know what to look for in the descriptions. For example, I love the smell of sandalwood. So I've been looking for that as a basenote. But... there are so many!

Most of the ones I've tried have been very nice, and I'd love to purchase later on when I have extra cash to spend. But I'd really like to find a new scent I can wear every day. I'm also highly allergic to a lot of synthetic scents, which doesn't help. I've lucked out until today. I tried the newest perfume by Badgley Mischka. Within minutes I had a sheer, splitting headache. >.< This afternoon was downright torturous. Oy.

But... anyway. I guess I'll just keep doing what I've been doing. I have a new list of things to try.

I probably would wear the "white diamonds" every day if I was fully a woman to those around me.. because of my work environment i use Mediterraneum?(not sure I spelled it right) a mans fragrance....it is sort of nice... I ike the sandalwood base fragrances too.
Hmm...I want to check out the feminine version of my favorite now....if it exists..I think it might...
I like the combination of musk and sandalwood too....but am uncomfortable using animal products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back