The Earth Day 2011 Contest Support Thread

Where do these trolls come from anyways? Another forum just hating on this website or something?

Oh no, we have our own homegrown trolls. With a site generating this much traffic, you get all kinds.

Some are genre trolls. People who hate anyone not lilly-white, and thus trash anything interracial. People who hate cheaters. People who hate characters that put up with cheaters and reconcile. Homophobes who chase down anyone who ever dares have two guys in a story get within two feet of each other and bomb everything they write.

Some are jealous trolls who bomb everything above them or their favorite author in the toplists/contest.

People who take fourm politics so seriously that they'll bomb anyone who doesn't agree with them 100% of the time and worship the cybernetic ground they walk on.

Some are just fuckwaffles who hang out perving in the amateur picture forum or spitting venom in the general board, and bomb everything for shits and giggles.

You name it, we got it!
 
image.php

Now down a total of 529 votes and .07 down on score

Don’t you worry alwayswantedto – Your contest story has been accepted into the 1000+ VOTE club based on it having over 1400 votes at one time. And even though final results aren’t in on the A.I.R. winners yet I’m pretty sure we’re going to see The Platform mentioned prominently.

So far the boss appears to have lost between 40-50 votes on his contest story – score inched up .01. The current figures (as of 8:30 am this morning) are listed below. He’s still asleep – he was mumbling all last night about the Hurricanes – apparently the Spring Game didn’t go as well as he'd hoped…


3833-sperm-mouth.jpg


Have you been spermed yet??

Dad's Two Little Earth Day Darlings Earth Day sperm?
4.65 762 45,602 Incest/Taboo (English) 04/08/11
Public Comments: 28​

[size=+2]Gabrielle L.[/size]
President, A.I.R.
Secretery of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story clubs
Miami Beach, Florida
 
image.php


… Oh no, we have our own homegrown trolls. With a site generating this much traffic, you get all kinds…Some are just fuckwaffles who hang out perving in the amateur picture forum or spitting venom in the general board, and bomb everything for shits and giggles …

… Newcomers looking at their scores today should have a much better idea of what to expect the next time they enter a contest. Your score throughout much of the contest is almost irrelevant, unless you have vote totals in excess of 300.

In the end, it's that final sweep only moments before the announcement that determines the winners.


darkboy is quite right. At the eleventh hour the QUEEN adjusts the scores to ensure the person she wants to win does in fact win.

All the talk about how LITEROTICA readers will decide the winners goes out the window with all their votes she sweeps away.

And of course that’s why the A.I.R. version of these contests was born. So that the stories that are most popular with the vast LITEROTICA reading public got a chance to be rewarded.

So that sexless tree stories that struggled to hit 25 or 50 votes don’t beat out 500 and 1000 vote masterpieces.

It’s how A.I.R. has finally brought a little transparency to this corrupt system.

[size=+2]Gabrielle L.[/size]
President, A.I.R.
Secretery of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story clubs
Miami Beach, Florida
 
Aaaand Behold!

Do I give great sooth, or what?

Your lucky numbers are 04,12,16,21,27,42

From whence your unlucky numbers come -- well...

( This will make sense to the right people )
 
Sweeps are still going pretty strong. Lost another 20 votes in the last couple of hours. Still have 580 but I really don't worry about sweeps but I do like the roller coaster ride.

I've noticed a large increase in comments on many of my other stories. More than usual. That's one thing the contest does is attract new readers to your other stories.
Good luck all
DG
 
I'm actually almost back to where I was prior to the sweep as far as vote totals. Yesterday seemed to be a welcome, unusual day of weekend voting.

It won't last long, of course. The Hoover will be back, as always :eek:

Considering I lost 1/3 of a day on the New list, I'm doing well accumulating votes.

Edit: YOW! Speak of the devil! Just dropped 11 votes in about a minute! *laugh*

We'll see tonight ( and tomorrow ) how far off the observed swept votes are from what I'm actually tracking real time on my own stories.
 
Last edited:
They must be changing the bag on the Hoover. I dropped a total of 15 in about 5 minutes there -- almost double what I've observed so far during the contest.

The previous sweep universally increased the score with every vote dropping off, for a total of .15

This one dropped the score by .03 ( .01 of which was above where the score landed after the first sweep on new votes yesterday )

On the whole, I'm down 23 votes and up .13 in score since the sweeps started in earnest.
 
Does anyone need a read and vote to keep you eligble for the contest? Let me know.

Gonna take a break from reading/voting/commenting for awhile. I'll read more tonight.

Yikes, dropped another 10-15 or so votes in the last couple hours. I haven't gotten any new votes or comments on other stories, either.
 
I've noticed that sweeps also take away legit votes as well. Once and a while I'll go back and re-read some old favorites, only to find that my vote isn't there anymore, and so I vote once again for that story.
 
I've noticed that sweeps also take away legit votes as well. Once and a while I'll go back and re-read some old favorites, only to find that my vote isn't there anymore, and so I vote once again for that story.

That could just be a matter of updating cookies combined with an IP change ( unless you're paying for it, most people's IPs aren't perm. assigned )

I wouldn't revote just because the stars aren't lit up any more. You might end up getting yourself red-flagged as a problem voter.

But, yes, many legitimate votes are probably removed -- especially during contests. My theory is that the Hoover looks deeper into the IP addy, trying to catch multi-votes from people with dynamic IPs. The unfortunate by-product of that is that completely different people who just happened to roll up IPs that were only a digit or two off probably have their votes wiped out.

I also think that not only are duplicate votes removed when found, but the original vote wiped as well.
 
I have only lost a few votes out of three hundred odd. My score has been more or less stable since the day it was posted. Very weird. Another incest category phenomenon?!
 
jesus ...four interceptions in the first half alone???

... and then I woke up to this??

Heart of the Wood by LesLumens
HeartWood by LunaEroticaMystica


Please say it isn’t so!!!!!

bloglord-of-the-rings-tree_l.jpg


God it’s bad enough that darkboy breaks the rule about chaptered stories every EARTH DAY contest (and even goes so far as to cut and paste big chunks of one story into the next).

But entering the same story twice in a contest? In two different categories (Sci-Fi and Non-Human) and under two different names. And look at the names!

Darkboy = LesLumens = LunaEroticaMystica?

Darkness to less light to moonlight? How low can this man go?

But it’s even worse! There’s another story in the contest called “The Tree”. And yes, you guessed it – it’s another Sci-Fi one! By somebody called A. Traugott. And do any of you know what “atraugott” means in English? When it’s translated from Danican? Yes it does…And guess who made the first comment on the story? Uh huh! LEM…

And then, if you look closely, another story pops up out of the “woodwork”! It’s called “The Green Man” (surprise, surprise it’s a Non-Human story!) and is by an ALT called noira. Look up noir in your French-English dictionaries why don’t you?

Is darkboy trying to out ralphie our one and only little ralphie? Can’t we just turn out his lights instead?

It’s going to be interesting watching how the QUEEN handles this joke. Could the same story win two prizes in the same contest? Will she give her readers another Sci-Fi/Non-Human sweep of the prizes? Will the sites name be changed to NONHUMANEROTICA?

Will she change the name of next year’s EARTH DAY contest to ONLY ALIENS TREES CAN SAVE THE WORLD contest?

Heart of the Wood
You can go green in life, but why stop there? by LesLumens (04/12/11) 4.88 (72)

HeartWood
A dryad's touch: Earthy, Organic, Orgasmic, Healing. by LunaEroticaMystica (04/12/11) 4.81 (54)

And what about this one? No its not a Sci Fi or Non-Human one. You guessed it! ROMANCE!!!!!!!

Lost in the Woods
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. And cold. by PennLady (03/28/11) 4.73 (277)


[size=+2]james r scouries esq.[/size]
Multiple A.I.R. AWARD winner, MILLION SELLER,
Author of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story on LITEROTICA
 
Could some of this be attributed to sweeping contestants' votes for each other? Do you know if management has ever made a statement about whether we can vote for each other and have our votes count? I'm under the impression that our votes are swept, and so have refrained from voting.

I suspect that as well, but if they automatically sweep contestant votes... *shrug* Vote or not, it doesn't matter -- unless your vote is the one that gets someone's hopes up that they'll qualify.

I have only lost a few votes out of three hundred odd. My score has been more or less stable since the day it was posted. Very weird. Another incest category phenomenon?!

Yep -- or more specifically -- a high vote total phenomenon. When you have many votes, as incest ( or DG Hear ) stories always do, it takes many more swept votes to move that average score.

I wouldn't expect the small sweep percentage to last. Incest is also notorious for losing more votes on average than any category except Loving Wives.

Blah, blah, sour grapes!!!

Keep on harping with that "chapter" and "cut-n-paste" stuff, scouries. Every time you do, people end up reading my story, finding out that you're a bold-faced liar, enjoying my tale, and going back to get to know the other members of the family they've only met in passing in the new stories better. :D

And the "everybody's an alt!" thing is so, so tired. Anybody with half a brain can see completely different writing styles and word choice. :rolleyes:

Here's one for you, sherlock. I do have a second story in the contest -- and it's not anything you've mentioned. I'd tell you to find it, but you don't actually read anything, do you?
 
Last edited:
I actually have a tree-related alt. I should SO bring him out for Earth Day...
 
I've always chuckled every time one of the usual suspects *looks up a few posts* starts screaming about the "AH voting block" in contests. I've believed those votes were automatically swept from very early on in looking at the numbers as they evolved during the course of the contest.

I don't think it should stop contestants from voting, though, and it's probably a good policy -- provided I'm correct.
 
SCOURIES: I'm quite flattered you are putting me in ranks with Darkboy, as you call him. I had no idea that Darkniciad's story and my story had such similar titles. If I had and there was to be a conflict, I think I might have fluttered my eyelashes his way to keep my title because titles are my bane when it comes to writing. I've had that title from the conception of my story and no other title would fit it so well.

I'm actually sitting here blushing! That's good deductive reasoning, even if it IS off-base, though. Gosh, I wish I had your energy some times!

AND what can I say? I LOVE trees!! In a past life I was dryad. :cattail: BTW love the Treebeard pic!


FIREBRAIN: Bring it! We can all tree-hug and tree-love together *chuckles* just keep the wandering vines and branches away from me! OUCH ;)

OWLWHISPERER: I do vote for most of the other stories I read, but I've been wondering if it's a moot point too. If the story doesn't hold my interest enough for a 4 or 5, I tend to not vote at all.
 
This contest has provided me with some circumstantial evidence that those votes are not swept for some time -- at least 4 days, maybe longer. I used to think that they were swept the day after being cast.

I think it's part of the dreaded sweep that usually happens where most scores trend downward. Would make sense, as all of the 1-votes from contestants would already be gone during the normal sweeps, leaving only the positive votes from those competing for the enjoyment, and not out to discourage or hurt the scores of everyone else to better their own chances.

*looks up a few posts again*

I've had that title from the conception of my story and no other title would fit it so well.

Same here. Mine's actually had that title since I started writing it way back when. I've even been calling it "Heart" on my blog since probably around December.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top