Titans: The Revised Adventures RP

“It’s okay,” whispered Robin, looking at her with slightly open eyes. “I’m here for you.” He held her close, his arms wrapped around her.
 
Star smiled as he opened his eyes. "I... am sorry if I woke you. I had.. a bad dream..." She closed her eyes, resting against him. "Robin? The new.. place you spoke of- We shall all be together? I do not want to leave, for I feel... that.. I love..." She trailed off, her voice more of a mumble as she fell back to sleep.
 
“Love what?” Robin said lightly, and then grew silent. He smiled, then rested against her as well, and drifted off to sleep. The following morning came, Saturday, Halloween. October 31st. Robin awakened, and smiled as he saw Starfire’s head resting on his chest. He just lay there for long minutes, looking down at her sleeping face.
 
Starfire yawned, stretching a bit as she opened her eyes. "Good morning to you, Robin...," She smiled, pausing as she how he was looking at her. "Oh- I- I am sorry. I didn't mean to sleep like that on you." She sat up, blushing a bit. "Thank you for letting me stay with you. I felt much better here with you." She leaned over, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek.
 
“It’s okay,” Robin said as she leaned down and kissed his cheek, which sent goosebumps all over his body. “It felt good to have you nice and warm against me. It felt wonderful to sleep and not be alone..”

After a few minutes, the two got up, Robin slipped on some jeans and a t-shirt, and they headed out to see if the others were awake.
 
The air in the house had the slightly sweet smell of decaying wood. The stink was omnipresent, but it always seemed a little less in the morning. Like the sun somehow wafted it away. Or maybe it was the other way around, the darkness of night making the atmosphere of the rotting structure even darker.

Grant sighed, resting his head on his hands as he lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling. He was shirtless, dressed only in the one pair of battered jeans he owned. He probably should use some of the money he got last night to buy a new pair. But, he didn't want to. He just wanted to meet Donna and have that day in the park. He smiled as he thought about it. Being with her, all his troubles faded and he could just be himself. Pretend to be normal.

Well. He wasn't going to get ready just lying here. He needed to go and break into the school. He used the gym showers. He'd thought about just living at the school, sleeping in the nurse's office. But the chance of discovery was too high, and the idea of never leaving the building was even more depressing than the rest of his life. That was kind of hypocritical though...if he really wanted to play it safe, he wouldn't have forged the documents to get himself into school. It was just...he wanted to graduate high school. If he couldn't have anything else, he wanted that.

Grant rolled off of the bundled up sheets that made his "bed." He stretched, wandering over to the closet. Time to get the day started.

***************************

An hour later, Grant was sitting outside the cafe he and Donna had gone to the previous day. He was going to meet her here. He was wearing a grey t-shirt with orange sleeves and his tired jeans. He felt nervous. What if yesterday was a fluke? What if she realized what a geek he was and ditched him?

"Don't borrow trouble, man." He almost laughed as he spoke softly to himself, "You've got plenty as it is." "She'll be here, and it'll be great."
 
Ghost strode confidently into the cafeteria the next morning. Today was Halloween, and his first day as a Junior Officer of the HIVE. He had to admit, the title was starting to feel nice. As was the prospect of choosing a team for the next job he had planned. And a chance to fight the Titans again.

The cafeteria was full of super-powered teens, all wearing HIVE ID badges on their various uniforms. The one Slade had mentioned earlier, Bane Junior, was easy to pick out of the crowd. His overwhelming muscles as well as his costume were an obvious homage to his father. That made one.

Slade had provided him access to the student info, giving him some idea of what their powers and capabilites were. He had spent the entire night in front of the flickering blue light of a computer, devising a team to properly combat the Teen Titan's various powers and abilites. Bane Junior was physically superior to Robin, and Ghost's powers seemed to counter-act the dark girl they called Raven.

The HIVE was rich with talent. He knew exactly who he'd pick.

OOC: So any characters who thought up a villian too, just make yourself known and I'll pick you. Unless you're the fat kid, then you get picked last.
 
Beast Boy

Gar blinked at the sudden brightness of the fluorescent light in the bathroom of his rented house. Man, that has got to go. He looked at his face in the mirror and sighed.

His mind flickered back to hearing the girl Angel's muffled screams and the feel of Bane Jr's hands around his head and neck. He'd become a regular snake to slip the hold, and then switched to python to return the favor, but Bane Jr's strength had been too great and Gar decided it was best to cut and run.

The overmuscled bully had continued laying on the insults, but it was mostly name-calling as opposed to trading quips. Gar had actually been rather quiet and reserved, partly due to anger and partly because he knew time was important. He became a scorpion and stung Bane's hand to slip away from a new hold, then dropped across the bigger boy's head as an octopus and let the ink flow over Bane's face and eyes.

As expected, he flung Gar off. Beast Boy became the condor once more and flew off with the girl while Bane cleared his vision. She was not just alive, but somewhat conscious and she sent him to the Titans.

Gar shook his head as he left the bathroom. The Titans. Even as great as his time with the Doom Patrol had been--between battles with the Brotherhood and other, even stranger, foes--he'd often wondered what it might be like to be part of a group his own age. But even here, it seemed, all Gar was finding was death.

He had left the group quietly earlier in the evening. Even though there hadn't been anything he could've done, he felt responsible and set off to search for Bane. But even using all the enhanced sight and smell he could think of trying, he'd not found any sign of Bane Jr's whereabouts.

It's like the earth just swallowed him up or something.

*********​

The sun was just entering his bedroom when Gar next got up. After being up a half dozen times with bad dreams and self-recriminations, he'd finally managed some sleep. "Let's see what I can do to help," he said as he slipped into one of his costumes and then threw on a pair of jeans and a tshirt.

He stepped outside and leapt from the porch into the air as a great puma, then sprouted wings and feathers and headed to the Titan's base as a macaw. I wonder how early they get up? And it's Saturday, too.

He changed to a swifter bird. Man, if they're still in bed, I can still catch some cartoons.
 
dragonrazor said:
Ashton raised an eyebrow, looking at her for a moment, then shrugged. He was finished with his work anyways. "You're probably right. You should get some rest too." Ashton grabbed a couple of pillows and a blanket, and laid down on the floor, used to such conditions.


Snuggling into the warm she felt against her, she lay comfortable and snug. She could feel something poking into her rear but it wasn't anything outta the ordinary so she ignored it. Her sleep enduced haze wouldn't allow her to register arms around her waist, and legs wrapped into hers. Or the warmth of breath along her neck which caused her to shiver. Instead she pulled the blanket up to her more firmly as the day began to grow light shinning into the room and obscuring her warm cozy cocoon.
 
Ashton yawned, having spent the entire night dreaming of having some woman in his arms. The dream was so vivid, it felt like he actually did have someone in his arms. As the light grew, and he woke up more fully, he looked down and realized he had Reikka pressed against him. He gasped, then started to pull away, still tangled up with her.
 
"Damnit don't move." she whispered curling into Ashton more closely now. She was able to register who it was now but generally she wasn't much of a morning person and wanted to hold on to that peacefulness between wake and sleep.
 
Ashton blinked, then sighed, and relaxed. It was a little odd, and he had no idea how she had gotten next to him. He went over the events of the night, and his memory cut off after finishing his sword.
 
Turning to face him she kept her eyes closed sighing contently. After a moment she opened them to meet his gaze. "You going to tell them... about what you were thinking last night?" she asked, reaching a hand out to brush some hair from his face she smiled meekly.
 
Ashton nodded slowly. "Yeah. It seems the right thing to do. Besides, I doubt I'm the only one who thinks it. I just hope we can stop this guy. I don't know the details behind his father, but if this guy is anything like what Tim's said the older one was like, we're in for a rough ride. I hope Starfire is as strong as she seems. We're going to need that kind of strength."
 
This guy sounded quite frightening and all at the same time Reikka was excited to see the results of this upcoming battle. Would she help them? That remains to be seen but she wasn't against keeping the other's safe. Reaching a hand out she poked Ashton in the nose then leaned in to kiss his nose. "You're a pretty okay guy you know that." Unlike someone else she had to waste a portion of her life with. "Can we stay like this til the others wake..." she said and snuggled up closer to him taking in his unique scent.
 
Ashton raised an eyebrow, then smiled. "Sure. Just don't tell anyone." He closed his eyes, yawning again. He stretched slightly. "Looks like a long day today."
 
"A long and boring day...though it his Halloween." she commented poking his nose again. "So what's on the agenda for you today. I think we still have classes today, no one really celebrates Halloween like other holidays." she commented.
 
Ashton raised an eyebrow, opening his eyes. He looked at her, then grinned. "Halloween. Busy night for us."
 
Raven was.. rather bad on holding her promise. She had told Starfire she'd be back before the girl woke up...
And she was just now getting back to the door of Robin's building. What they had found last night made her think, and the two of them had spent awhile searching through the graveyard.
After awhile, though, it just got to be too much on Raven's mind...
That, and she was dead tired. She glanced up, hearing an eagle passing above. *Odd..* She smirked as she spotted it- and it was green. "Beast Boy."

------

Starfire followed Robin to the main room, still padding around the place in just her skirt and tubetop. Her boots and guards were out by the couch...
"Excuse me, friends..," She smiled brightly, going to pick them up from beside Ashton. "Did you have a good sleep?"
 
Armphid said:
"Don't borrow trouble, man." He almost laughed as he spoke softly to himself, "You've got plenty as it is." "She'll be here, and it'll be great."

Donna woke to the streaming sunlight of a late October morning flooding through her window and pooling in a puddle of gold on her covers. A yawn, wide mouth silence as her body teetered on that blissful edge of awake and asleep. It was Saturday..she was supposed to meet Grant. Slowly the fog of sleep burned off in her mind, the sunlight warming her skin and reminding her of life outside the comfort of her bed. Hands entwined and a stretch lengthened her body in the delicious near feline act. Lastly rubbing the sleep from her eyes with the back of her hand she was ready to face the day.

From bed to shower, sluggish steps picking up speed and grace as she went. The coffee set to brew had filled the small apartment with the rich scent of that morning essential, as soon as she stepped from the steamy confines of the shower, it filled her nostrils and brought a smile to her face. Briskly she toweled herself dry and debated her clothing, sliding some hangers across the closet bar she finally settled on a simple red silk cami and blue jean capri pants. Socks and tennis shoes topped it off and she made a face at her hair, being a bit more full and wild then normal. She pulled it back into a pony tail and wrapped it with a scrunchi, the long raven black tresses swinging and bouncing at her back with each step.

Two large cups of coffee later and she was finishing packing up for her outing. She went going through the last checks on her camera and packed it away with the rest of her things and headed out the door. She had twenty minute to get to the little cafe, walk would only take her fifteen at a leisurely pace. Donna took her time, watching the people going this way and that, most giggling and seeming to have a good time. The date had escaped her, what with the entire month being a rush of moving, getting a place, getting her transcripts sent over and what-not. Donna was at a loss for the significance of the pumpkins in the display windows.

Sunlight at her back she crested the hill just down the way from the cafe. Grant looked nervous..or agitated or something, he was pacing and she tried to get his attention, being a few dozen yards away before he finally looked up and spotted her, she smiled wide and waved. Radiant early day sun warmed her skin even through the cardigan shrug she'd pulled on, it gave her some sort of halo or golden aura until she moved down the slope of the hill and out of the light. Soft pale blue eyes sparkled as she walked to Grant, wicker basket, complete with a peeking hint of gingham red and white lining, hung over her arm. Donna stopped just short of Grant and looked him over, he still looked tired but remarkably better now then when she'd first spotted him. She must not have seen him properly from the distance she was...he didn't look the least bit upset now at all.

"I hope you like muffins!"

The look of question was answered as soon as she opened the basket and pulled out a large blueberry muffin and held it out to him.

"They looked so good I picked up a few on the way, thought we could have breakfast while we walked, maybe find some good places for pictures. I have coffee too, not sure how you like it though."

A thermos was also nestled in the basket, packets of creamer and sugar alongside it.
 
Gar dropped through the air like an emerald bolt of feathers and sharp talons, then landed with barely a thud on all fours and scampered up the side of the building as a chimpanzee. He slipped in an open window, and walked quietly through the still dark rooms.

I know I see better like this. Gar blinked his fluffy kitten eyes as he made his way into a hall and headed to the main living room area. But it's going to take me some practice to get back into understanding everything I see when not in human form. Not to mention using scent and hearing abilities I don't normally have.

He was increasingly coming to realize just how shortchanged mankind was in a lot of ways when compared to the rest of the species on the planet. People are up. Coolness.

Gar padded over to Starfire, and rubbed himself against one delicately shaped golden shin. "Mew"



TAG:Anyone awake in the Titans HQ
 
Starfire glanced down as she felt something rub against her leg. "A kitten!"
She picked it up, nuzzling him. "Robin, I did not know you had pets!" She paused, giving it a curious look. "He is of a very strange coloring..."
She giggled as she realized. "This is our new friend, is it not?" She gave him a hug, then set him on the back of the couch. "Hello to you, Beast Boy!"
 
Ashton blinked, pulling away from Reikka. He sat up, and stretched. "Dick, your floor is uncomfortable." He moved over to his new toy, and held it up. Then he turned pressed his thumb against the activation stud, turning on the energy blade. The blade extended around the long metal piece, glowing red. "I finished it, by the way. I think we're going to need it."
 
Reikka had to agree with Ashton and the uncomfortable floor. Sitting up she began folding the blanket and walked over to Starfire who seemed to be talking to a cat. "Uh...its a cat..a really ugly green cat." At Starfire's exclaimation she rolled her eyes. "Beastboy is it..." she commented the name and floopped on the couch boredly. "So what's for breakfast. And please no tofu..."

ooc: just had to say that...anyway...
 
Starfire gasped, scooping Beast Boy back into her arms and covering his ears with her hand. "Do not say such things, Reikka! I think he is a most adorable kitten!" She smiled, looking down at him. "What a curious gift you have, Beast Boy... I would greatly love to see what other creatures you can become..."
 
Back
Top