To all the single people of the GB

Totally agree. It's hard to size people up and gain an accurate first impression on the Internet. I have a friend who used one of these sites and agreed to meet a woman but as he approached her in a public place he said he knew they wouldn't hit it off and kept on going. I thought that was a bit cowardly but upon reflection, it seems they were both equally inconvenienced.

Perhaps it was the best for both of them. Rather than have that awkward moment...It happens. I met a guy for a drink and knew instantly it was a no go. I was really polite about it and all. Told him I just didn't feel any chemistry. He left, I went home. Half an hour later he sent me a text that said he was naked in his hotel room chemistry or not was I down to fuck. BLOCKED

I tried back in the day...none of it worked out but it was me so *shrug*.

Whatever, makes life really easy as I can pretty much just do whatever I want.

Try again. I find it fun to meet new people, I have made some good friends but have yet to find that person that makes me want to work less so I have time to have a life.

It took me awhile to learn was tinder was for, and it was NOT what I was looking for. :)

Yeah, when I first went on it my friend said NO it is not just a let's fuck anonymously kinda site. But, everyone knows that is exactly what it is.

I never went online with the intent of meeting people, but I've met some anyway. I might be an acquired taste, but it's a big world.

I never understood what the point was of lying about yourself on a dating site. A relationship that begins with "Oops! Guess I forgot to mention that I'm 61 and bald!" is going to be one short relationship. So why bother?

This!! No matter what you are looking for~ a hook up or a relationship~ Don't lie. It is not going to work!

[Material prohibited per our forum guidelines.] - Last Warning Already Given

Are you, talking to me?

Last edited:
I agree; online is better for making quick decisions about chemistry for quickfucks.

People who want more than sex usually are found away from the computer. yes?

I agree; online is better for making quick decisions about chemistry for quickfucks.

I wouldn't trust those sites for "quick fucks" either. I'm really particular about where I'm going to dip my wick. No way I'm going to wind up with something I can't get rid of.

Not always, I was in a 7 year relationship, we lived together for 7 years, are still friends and occasional fuck buddies... but that is not the point, we met in an adult chat room. I have met and had long term relationships with several men I met online. For me it is easier to meet someone online because I work long hours and often 7 days a week. I think there are alot of people meeting online, falling in love and living happily ever after. The internet makes the world a very small place and gives people the opportunity to meet people they never would have from parts all over the world.

I wouldn't trust those sites for "quick fucks" either. I'm really particular about where I'm going to dip my wick. No way I'm going to wind up with something I can't get rid of.

That's the other thing. Safety first!

Not always, I was in a 7 year relationship, we lived together for 7 years, are still friends and occasional fuck buddies... but that is not the point, we met in an adult chat room. I have met and had long term relationships with several men I met online. For me it is easier to meet someone online because I work long hours and often 7 days a week. I think there are alot of people meeting online, falling in love and living happily ever after. The internet makes the world a very small place and gives people the opportunity to meet people they never would have from parts all over the world.

7 years is not happy ever after, but yes people can meet online for more than sex.

What I said is online is better for finding women who want to fuck right away.

7 years is not happy ever after, but yes people can meet online for more than sex.

What I said is online is better for finding women who want to fuck right away.

I never said I found my happily ever after, who knows, maybe I never will. Many have though.

POF, Match.com, OurTime, etc. Tried them all at one time or another.

Well..I have bought a lot of lunches for a prospective partner. Went to a movie with some. Most were nice, but didn't progress. Many were looking for marriage even though they said they weren't at the beginning. Be prepared for the good, the bad, and the....well you know.:)

But, how else to meet someone who lives not too far, is in a practical age-range, etc.

Tips:
  • Only communicate with others who have photos.
  • Only contact someone who has been active in the last week or two.

I never said I found my happily ever after, who knows, maybe I never will. Many have though.

Many is a small number on the internet.

Pew Research says 88% of LTRs are started offline.

Statistics say you should turn off the computer to find a man.

Many is a small number on the internet.

Pew Research says 88% of LTRs are started offline.

Statistics say you should turn off the computer to find a man.

You do it your way and I will do it mine.

I don't know you, or your story, or your history. I have no idea if you are single, in a relationship or married. If I took your initial post too personally as it seemed to be a dig directed at me because I use dating sites, I apologize for being critical of you. I am not the only one who thought that post was in poor taste but I understand your point. I am not trying to argue points with anyone in this thread it was more to hear others plights and experiences good or bad. We have one poster in here who met her current husband on literotica. More than one person on Lit has found their S/o here. You never know where you will find love! It's out there.

This is good as a general rule of thumb, but one of the most fun dates I ever went on was with a woman who had no picture.

Normally, like you, I avoid picture-less profile, but this person had an exceptionally well-written profile and I absolutely believed her when she basically said she had no earthly idea of what she was doing here. I messaged her and said you might want to consider removing three rather personal bits of information, and she thanked me. We talked a bit, and agreed to meet for dinner.

She was a young(ish) widow of a semi-famous Texas politician, had always been "taken care of" her entire life, inherited a shit-ton of money and had no idea what to do with the rest of her life. I asked her what she liked to do on weekends. "oh, charity galas and fund raisers". Virtually nothing in common, but we had a wonderful evening nonetheless. We talk about once every 3-4 weeks. Never had sex.

POF, Match.com, OurTime, etc. Tried them all at one time or another.

Well..I have bought a lot of lunches for a prospective partner. Went to a movie with some. Most were nice, but didn't progress. Many were looking for marriage even though they said they weren't at the beginning. Be prepared for the good, the bad, and the....well you know.:)

But, how else to meet someone who lives not too far, is in a practical age-range, etc.

Tips:
  • Only contact someone who has been active in the last week or two.

Are you still active on dating sites or did your lack of progression with likely prospects sour you to the whole thing?

I've had success on online dating sites.

Hi Rob! Are you currently with someone you met online or did you meet your current S/o offline?

You do it your way and I will do it mine.

I don't know you, or your story, or your history. I have no idea if you are single, in a relationship or married. If I took your initial post too personally as it seemed to be a dig directed at me because I use dating sites, I apologize for being critical of you. I am not the only one who thought that post was in poor taste but I understand your point. I am not trying to argue points with anyone in this thread it was more to hear others plights and experiences good or bad. We have one poster in here who met her current husband on literotica. More than one person on Lit has found their S/o here. You never know where you will find love! It's out there.

Thank you for your apology, which I accept.

Of course I was talking about my experiences.

I do not think we have had sex before, not in person.

But I did fuck Daza.

(Haha! That was joking!)

It kinda sucks to be honest, I have met a lot of nice people, some not so nice, one guy I told that I didn't think we were right for each other and his reply was, "eat shit" I called that one right. BLOCKED.

To my great shame, I neglected to mention the one positive experience with these dating sites. A torrid and salacious set of encounters begun on our first date. Nothing I would ever do again, but worth correcting myself over.

To my great shame, I neglected to mention the one positive experience with these dating sites. A torrid and salacious set of encounters begun on our first date. Nothing I would ever do again, but worth correcting myself over.

I have had some very fun dates and some not so fun ones. I am glad you had one that was worth remembering!

Try again. I find it fun to meet new people, I have made some good friends but have yet to find that person that makes me want to work less so I have time to have a life.

Not interested anymore.

I just want to make money and shit on people until I get diagnosed with something terminal so I don’t feel like a quitter when I blow my brains out.

Not interested anymore.

I just want to make money and shit on people until I get diagnosed with something terminal so I don’t feel like a quitter when I blow my brains out.

Wow. That's just sad. I am sorry you feel that way. Have you always felt that way or is this a new development?

Thank you for your apology, which I accept.

Of course I was talking about my experiences.

I do not think we have had sex before, not in person.

But I did fuck Daza.

(Haha! That was joking!)

I would never fuck Lance - or anyone who coincidentally posted like him. Not joking.

Not interested anymore.

I wouldn't want you to harm yourself, so I would recommend no on the relationship. that will really make you want to blow your brains out..

I would never fuck Lance - or anyone who coincidentally posted like him. Not joking.

I warned him to edit that!

I wouldn't want you to harm yourself, so I would recommend no on the relationship. that will really make you want to blow your brains out..

Angus! Relationships might take work on both sides, but doesn't having a person you love, a person who always has your back, someone to share your life with, the good and the bad, make it easier?

Back