How to make amends?

She came here and said she was a whore. You know what. Ever makes a person change their behaviour? Being berated. I don't think we should tickle their ego either. TL doesn't deserve to have things just work perfectly. If things progress naturally bad for her, then they do. But I don't think that anyone going out of their way to turn her life to shit is going to make things better for anyone.

She has to wake up every day and live with herself and what she did. Maybe she has no sadness about it. Maybe she does. Maybe she's insane. I don't know. But what good is us calling her a whore going to do. I've worked, over the years, with people far more fucked up than she. And you know what? Never has there been a time where calling them names was the answer. So that's why no one called her a whore. She came here and admitted it. We don't need to point out the obvious again.

Okay. Understood.

However, I do take exception with the idea that she has to wake up every day and live with what she did. I cannot stress enough that this bitch has NO concept of morals, a conscience or "making amends" in any true sense of the word.

There have been comments in other threads that indicate many people think she's full of shit. Unfortunately, none of them have chosen to post here. I'm starting to realize why that is.

My friend has cut off all ways she might be able to communicate with him. She doesn't know that, however (of course, she does now that she read this -- I'm sure she can't resist poking in here to see how everyone is standing up for her). He is taking care of his relationship by doing so. As I said before, I'm not nearly as nice as he is. :)

As for attention -- yes, she wants that from you. She has always been an attention whore. But here she gets POSITIVE attention, and as anyone who ever picked up the simplest psych book can tell you, positive attention only reinforces bad behavior. If anything is feeding the fire, it's positive attention. I am giving her NEGATIVE attention, which hopefully has a much different effect.

Negative attention always does the trick. Look at any abused child. They certainly turn out to be great at dealing with emotions and all that.

You really are missing what we say. No one condones it. I don't see a single post in the thread where people condone it. I feel bad for her. She is obviously messed up. She's sociopathic. I said that several times. But I urged her to get help. Whether she does it or not is another story.

As I said, I've worked with people far more fucked up than she can dream of being. But no matter how much you think someone has no sense of right and wrong, in time, it catches up with them. So at some point, she'll have to pay the piper. You may think that's your job. It's obvious you do. But I think what everyone is getting at is this... You aren't doing a just thing. Not at all.

Nice to see such a whore has a fan club. I'm sure it warms her cold, cold heart. :rolleyes:

I don't have to justify my actions to anyone. But I will say this.

None of you were there. NONE of you (unless perhaps you were also involved with ms_intrigue) saw what this bitch is capable of doing.

None of you saw what my friends went through over this indiscretion. You didn't see how he agonized over what he did. You didn't see the way she collapsed in tears -- for WEEKS -- when he confessed to everything. You didn't see how hard he worked to make it up to her. You didn't see the tears from both of them after counseling sessions. You didn't see the pain. You have no idea how difficult forgiveness was for her, or how terrible the guilt was for him.

I have never seen a man so remorseful. I have never seen a woman so hurt. I have never seen a couple who fought SO hard to get past it.

It took well over a year, but they got through it. They are perfectly happy and content now and so damn STRONG it makes me proud every time I see them together.

And in the midst of all this, that little whore continued to try to contact him! She continued to put out her little coy "scavenger hunts" on Lit and send him emails and taunt him. She didn't know that he NEVER gave a shit. He sees her for exactly what she is now and besides, he was too busy taking care of his relationship this time to worry about what that whore wanted from him.

But I definitely gave a shit, and her continuing to try to contact him was the LAST straw. A woman who will try to tear apart a good relationship like she did, who will attempt it over and over and OVER again, HAS to be stopped somehow.

So for those who wondered, that's the reason I'm here.

Again, more to come...so keep reading! You all love the drama, don't you?

I am surprized you know so many intimate details of their trauma....... are you who you say you are?

We went for session after session and he promised to never respond to her again but he did and infact then persued her. 'Your friend' will be easily dragged into another affair if things aren't perfect in his relationship. You seem to be VERY invested in this and that obsession is the scary part of what you have written!

It still doesn't really make sense how it involves you. I'm not a fan of TL's actions. They all sound pretty shitty. But your friend is no less shitty.

Not of fan of TL but I do think she is trying to work through this. My advice to her is to STOP COMING TO LIT! It drags you back everytime and as much as you want to make amends, this will never be accomplished until you change the initial behavior.......ie stop chatting and flirting with people other than your significant other.

I do believe his remorse. I saw what he went through.

Of course I called him a whore. I called him worse! In fact, I tried very hard to convince his then-girlfriend (who is now his wife) to leave him. She chose to work it out, and his actions since that point have been impeccable.

He paid for his actions. That bitch never has. It's time the scales were balanced. Why is that so hard to understand?

Somehow we always blame the person we have decided to keep in our life. I blame my husband less than her because she knows he went to a shrink for a long time for this compulsive behavior, she knew how much she hurt me, she swore she would never come back again....... Yes, he did too but I am invested in him and love makes you overlook certain things that you shouldn't.

PLEASE do yourself a favor, walk away from this vendetta and in so doing save yourself the gut wrenching that you are hurting yourself with now.
That's why they have nothing to do with this. Like I said, they won't go after her. But I am tired of the injustice and unfairness that I have witnessed, and I simply can't stomach the fact that that bitch can go about her life with no conscience and no consequence.

Believe me - after reading her posts there are many consequences..... she is being eaten up from inside.

I am surprized you know so many intimate details of their trauma....... are you who you say you are?

We went for session after session and he promised to never respond to her again but he did and infact then persued her. 'Your friend' will be easily dragged into another affair if things aren't perfect in his relationship. You seem to be VERY invested in this and that obsession is the scary part of what you have written!

Of course I know the intimate details. When you see a friend fall apart in pain, trust me, you GET the details. That's what friends do.

Yes, I am heavily invested in this. If you don't have friends that you get heavily invested in, I feel sorry for you. Having friends like that is one of the true pleasures of life.

My obsession might be scary for ms_intrigue, but how is it scary for anyone else? :confused:

Not of fan of TL but I do think she is trying to work through this. My advice to her is to STOP COMING TO LIT! It drags you back everytime and as much as you want to make amends, this will never be accomplished until you change the initial behavior.......ie stop chatting and flirting with people other than your significant other.

That is good advice for her, but has she done it? Of course not. She will keep coming back, because fucking around like she does is simply her nature.

PLEASE do yourself a favor, walk away from this vendetta and in so doing save yourself the gut wrenching that you are hurting yourself with now.

Hurting myself? I don't think so...I'm actually having quite the good time!

Believe me - after reading her posts there are many consequences..... she is being eaten up from inside.

Do you always believe everything you read?

On second thought...don't bother to answer that.

You really are missing what we say. No one condones it. I don't see a single post in the thread where people condone it. I feel bad for her. She is obviously messed up. She's sociopathic. I said that several times. But I urged her to get help. Whether she does it or not is another story.

Oh, I get what you say. I see that no one has openly condoned it. But no one has condemned her for it, either.

What's that old saying about standing by and doing nothing? That those who simply stay silent and let bad things happen are just as guilty as those who are actually doing the bad things? This thread reminds me of that.

My obsession might be scary for ms_intrigue, but how is it scary for anyone else? :confused:

You only need google the Martin/Zimmerman case to see how vigilante justice can go horribly wrong. I'm sure when Zimmerman appointed himself as the local watchman, he had the best of intentions (in his mind). But you know what they say about the best of intentions: the road to hell is paved with them. And someone ended up dead because he assumed authority that was NOT HIS TO TAKE. Sure you can say that you'd never go that far, but I'm pretty sure Zimmerman never planned to go that far, either. Whatever. Vigilantes are as scary as sociopaths, in my mind.

Our legal system is far from being perfect, but I sure as fuck prefer it over your brand of "justice."

Last edited:
Oh, I get what you say. I see that no one has openly condoned it. But no one has condemned her for it, either.

What's that old saying about standing by and doing nothing? That those who simply stay silent and let bad things happen are just as guilty as those who are actually doing the bad things? This thread reminds me of that.

What you totally miss is that we did condemn it. Just because we didn't call her names doesn't mean we didn't condemn it. We said she needed serious help and that she should leave those involved alone. Everyone said it was shitty what she did. I'd love to see an example of how we didn't condemn it. I don't understand. Did you seriously even read the thread?

I'd love to see an example of how we didn't condemn it. I don't understand. Did you seriously even read the thread?

I read every word of the thread. I'm curious: Why are you attacking me for my choices but NOT attacking her for her choices?

Our legal system is far from being perfect, but I sure as fuck prefer it over your brand of "justice."

So do I, sweetheart. But unfortunately, the bitch hasn't done anything (yet) that is considered illegal. Just completely immoral and unethical. Since there isn't anything like a legal system to deal with that, I'm dealing with it myself.

Librarian:

I don't know if you're still coming back to read this thread, but on the off chance that you are and on the off chance that you are sincere about changing the person you have been in the past, I have this advice for you.

Since it seems that this other person is determined to out you to everyone you know, I'd suggest a preemptive strike. I'd gather those of your friends, family, etc who are not yet in the know and simply explain what is going on. That you carried on an affair with a married man, you tried to hide it and now someone is determined to out you to all and sundry. Confess your remorse and explain that you are seeking professional help (and make damn sure you do this). Then accept the consequences (whatever they may be) like a responsible adult and learn from them. It will be painful, and it will be difficult, quite possibly the most difficult thing you've ever experienced in your life. But if you can use it as motivation to change and become a better person, then it will not have all been in vain. It won't do anything to lessen the pain you will experience, but at least it will eliminate the drawn out worry and fear of who's next to be informed and what their reaction will be. By getting it out there in one fell swoop, it's over and done with and you can then concentrate on the goal of becoming a better person.

Yes, there are likely going to be people who abandon you. There will likely be people who talk about you either to your face or behind your back, but that's really beyond your control. And truthfully, that's not what's really important. If you sincerely wish to become the better person you claim you want to be, then, as painful as it might be, a purging of such people from your life is actually beneficial to you. You only want to retain those who will help you achieve your goal of improvement, not hang onto those who want to keep reminding you of your past.

You've done some really shitty things and I don't applaud you for them, at all. But....I also believe in helping those who honestly want to change. And on the off chance that you do, that's the best I can offer you.

I read every word of the thread. I'm curious: Why are you attacking me for my choices but NOT attacking her for her choices?

Well, she came in here with a bit of a different attitude. All her shitty decisions aside, she came in confessing her wrongdoing. You came in with a different approach.

Let the record show, she did some terrible things. But she didn't make excuses. She didn't even justify it. When people called her out on not being sorry, she didn't deny it. I'd rather hang out with a "whore" who admits her flaws rather than someone doing something wrong in the name of justice.

Look at it like this... Let's say you out her. Tell everyone what a whore she is. And then let's say she harms herself. She can't take it and ends up killing herself. Or gets hit by a bus. Whatever. I'm not normally into conjecture, but I'm trying to make a point. If you wouldn't feel good about what you did if those things took place, then what you are doing is not right. A good and right decision is independent of the circumstances.

Maybe you genuinely don't care. But I don't take you as an evil asshole. I take you as someone who wants to protect their friends. That's admirable. But your approach isn't.

Librarian:

I don't know if you're still coming back to read this thread, but on the off chance that you are and on the off chance that you are sincere about changing the person you have been in the past, I have this advice for you.

Since it seems that this other person is determined to out you to everyone you know, I'd suggest a preemptive strike. I'd gather those of your friends, family, etc who are not yet in the know and simply explain what is going on. That you carried on an affair with a married man, you tried to hide it and now someone is determined to out you to all and sundry. Confess your remorse and explain that you are seeking professional help (and make damn sure you do this). Then accept the consequences (whatever they may be) like a responsible adult and learn from them. It will be painful, and it will be difficult, quite possibly the most difficult thing you've ever experienced in your life. But if you can use it as motivation to change and become a better person, then it will not have all been in vain. It won't do anything to lessen the pain you will experience, but at least it will eliminate the drawn out worry and fear of who's next to be informed and what their reaction will be. By getting it out there in one fell swoop, it's over and done with and you can then concentrate on the goal of becoming a better person.

Yes, there are likely going to be people who abandon you. There will likely be people who talk about you either to your face or behind your back, but that's really beyond your control. And truthfully, that's not what's really important. If you sincerely wish to become the better person you claim you want to be, then, as painful as it might be, a purging of such people from your life is actually beneficial to you. You only want to retain those who will help you achieve your goal of improvement, not hang onto those who want to keep reminding you of your past.

You've done some really shitty things and I don't applaud you for them, at all. But....I also believe in helping those who honestly want to change. And on the off chance that you do, that's the best I can offer you.

I hope she chooses to do this. Unfortunately for her, I think it's too late for the pre-emptive strike.

Librarian:

Since it seems that this other person is determined to out you to everyone you know, I'd suggest a preemptive strike. I'd gather those of your friends, family, etc who are not yet in the know and simply explain what is going on. That you carried on an affair with a married man, you tried to hide it and now someone is determined to out you to all and sundry. Confessing your remorse and explain that you are seeking professional help (and make damn sure you do this). Then accept the consequences (whatever they may be) like a responsible adult and learn from them. It will be painful, and it will be difficult, quite possibly the most difficult thing you've ever experienced in your life. But if you can use it as motivation to change and become a better person, then it will not have all been in vain. It won't do anything to lessen the pain you will experience, but at least it will eliminate the drawn out worry and fear of who's next to be informed and what their reaction will be. By getting it out there in one fell swoop, it's over and done with and you can then concentrate on the goal of becoming a better person.

Yes, there are likely going to be people who abandon you. Therein will likely be people who talk about you either to your face or behind your back, but that's really beyond your control. And truthfully, that's not what's really important. If you sincerely wish to become the better person you claim you want to be, then, as painful as it might be, a purging of such people from your life is actually beneficial to you. You only want to retain those who will help you achieve your goal of improvement, not hang onto those who want to keep reminding you of your past.

Very well said! I can understand how heavyhitter feels but I agree with pmann.

Well, she came in here with a bit of a different attitude. All her shitty decisions aside, she came in confessing her wrongdoing. You came in with a different approach.

Let the record show, she did some terrible things. But she didn't make excuses. She didn't even justify it. When people called her out on not being sorry, she didn't deny it. I'd rather hang out with a "whore" who admits her flaws rather than someone doing something wrong in the name of justice.

Look at it like this... Let's say you out her. Tell everyone what a whore she is. And then let's say she harms herself. She can't take it and ends up killing herself. Or gets hit by a bus. Whatever. I'm not normally into conjecture, but I'm trying to make a point. If you wouldn't feel good about what you did if those things took place, then what you are doing is not right. A good and right decision is independent of the circumstances.

Maybe you genuinely don't care. But I don't take you as an evil asshole. I take you as someone who wants to protect their friends. That's admirable. But your approach isn't.

She didn't make excuses HERE. She accepted full responsibility HERE. But the things that almost every poster here seems to miss is that she DID NOT do that in any other venue, online or in real life. As I have said numerous times, what you see here is NOT what you get when it comes to ms_intrigue.

I considered your conjecture that she might kill herself, among many other possibilities. I did ask myself if it would bother me if she took her own life over the things that I reveal about her. The answer is that I wouldn't shed a single tear. I might feel badly that she chose to do yet another stupid thing -- in a long line of stupid things -- but I would see it as par for her course. In fact, I might breathe a sigh of relief.

Maybe that makes me an evil asshole. Perhaps it does. But at least I'm being honest from the start about everything I am thinking and feeling.

So many here seem to believe that this is a knee-jerk reaction, something that hasn't been thought through. Just because I don't agree with the posters here who say I should cut her some slack does NOT mean I haven't thought this through for a very long time.

Like pmann said in an earlier post...TL came in here with a bit of a humble attitude. No one applauded her actions, especially since what she did was wrong.

You are the one who came in here name calling, snarky, with an aggressive attitude making cryptic claims, then accusations that you admitted did not pertain to you personally, but to a third party, who you also admitted has taken the high road and put his life back together.

YOU made her the under dog, and dammit, people like to root for the underdog. I hope for the sake of TL that she does turn her life around and makes better life choices, because, in the end THAT is the best thing she can do to make amends.

So many here seem to believe that this is a knee-jerk reaction, something that hasn't been thought through. Just because I don't agree with the posters here who say I should cut her some slack does NOT mean I haven't thought this through for a very long time.

And you wonder why some people here think you're scary? :rolleyes:

I say again, I don't know who's worse: sociopaths or vigilantes. Actually, I have to wonder if they don't fall on the same spectrum. Both sure seem to have no problem justifying their actions to themselves, if not anyone else.

She didn't make excuses HERE. She accepted full responsibility HERE. But the things that almost every poster here seems to miss is that she DID NOT do that in any other venue, online or in real life. As I have said numerous times, what you see here is NOT what you get when it comes to ms_intrigue.

I considered your conjecture that she might kill herself, among many other possibilities. I did ask myself if it would bother me if she took her own life over the things that I reveal about her. The answer is that I wouldn't shed a single tear. I might feel badly that she chose to do yet another stupid thing -- in a long line of stupid things -- but I would see it as par for her course. In fact, I might breathe a sigh of relief.

Maybe that makes me an evil asshole. Perhaps it does. But at least I'm being honest from the start about everything I am thinking and feeling.

Fair enough. But I think it's easy to say you wouldn't care until someone does something. I truly believe you've thought long and hard (heehee) about this.

The only thing, at this point, that I want to get across is that it is not a just action. No matter how awful she is, she is a person. And no matter what you do to her, the affects are farther reaching than you consider. She has a mother, a father, sisters, brothers and whoever else that are going to be effected. Are they simply collateral damage? They will undoubtedly be effected by it. Do they deserve it?

Fair enough. But I think it's easy to say you wouldn't care until someone does something. I truly believe you've thought long and hard (heehee) about this.

The only thing, at this point, that I want to get across is that it is not a just action. No matter how awful she is, she is a person. And no matter what you do to her, the affects are farther reaching than you consider. She has a mother, a father, sisters, brothers and whoever else that are going to be effected. Are they simply collateral damage? They will undoubtedly be effected by it. Do they deserve it?

Those who choose to do bad things should always think of the potential consequences before they make that leap. Up until lately, the bitch hasn't thought at all about such things. She had utter disregard for EVERYONE, including her family and friends.

Of course those who will be "collateral damage" don't deserve it. But she brought this on herself, and unfortunately, those around her will have to deal with the fallout from her bad decisions.

Heavyhitter01, you act like we are all gonna automatically and unquestioningly take your word on TL's life and remorse or lack of it as the gospel truth. You're just coming off more like a bigger attention whore than your intended victim. And who's to say who you really are? For all I know, you're a fabrictated alt of her own, or the guy she cheated with, or the woman who got cheated on. Frankly, who cares really.

It's essentially an impotent manouver to try and victimize TL here. You made your point, cheating sucks. But if you think you're doing the "right thing"...meanwhile you are, counterproductive to your desired effect, garnering MORE empathy for TL than anything else.

this thread is giving me a migraine!

This loon is clearly not going to listen to anything any of us has to say. Nobody contradicted TL when she said she was a whore. Nobody told her not be so hard on herself. Maybe I missed something though? Did your friend slip on a banana peel, fall, get knocked unconscious only to wake up to find himself balls deep in TL's vagina? I hear that happens a LOT. Was he abducted and held as TL's sex slave? Didn't think so. Your friend was an active participant in the relationship. You say he's remorseful...well good for him.
You say the scumbag friend and wronged wife have moved on? Then good for them. What effect do you think little updates from you about the downfall of TL will do for them? I can tell you it will only open old wounds for the wife. If you care about the wife at all, let this go.
You say that TL continually tries to interfer in this man's life. If he really wanted to be rid of TL, he would take the appropriate actions. He could change his cell# or block her at the very least. Same with his email. If she is coming to his house or place of employment, then by all means he should get a restraining order. Sounds to me like he isn't too serious about wanting her gone.
Is your life so empy that you have nothing better to do than plot the destruction of another human being? How will that help improve your life?
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of quoting the bible...Vengence is mine saith the Lord. You're not God - you need to get over yourself!!

Those who choose to do bad things should always think of the potential consequences before they make that leap. Up until lately, the bitch hasn't thought at all about such things. She had utter disregard for EVERYONE, including her family and friends.

Of course those who will be "collateral damage" don't deserve it. But she brought this on herself, and unfortunately, those around her will have to deal with the fallout from her bad decisions.

So punish them by association? That seems treacherous to me.

What does the outing entail? Like what are you going to do?

I think sometimes the actions of the self righteous are far more disturbing than the actions which they condemn.

This loon is clearly not going to listen to anything any of us has to say. Nobody contradicted TL when she said she was a whore. Nobody told her not be so hard on herself. Maybe I missed something though? Did your friend slip on a banana peel, fall, get knocked unconscious only to wake up to find himself balls deep in TL's vagina? I hear that happens a LOT. Was he abducted and held as TL's sex slave? Didn't think so. Your friend was an active participant in the relationship. You say he's remorseful...well good for him.
You say the scumbag friend and wronged wife have moved on? Then good for them. What effect do you think little updates from you about the downfall of TL will do for them? I can tell you it will only open old wounds for the wife. If you care about the wife at all, let this go.
You say that TL continually tries to interfer in this man's life. If he really wanted to be rid of TL, he would take the appropriate actions. He could change his cell# or block her at the very least. Same with his email. If she is coming to his house or place of employment, then by all means he should get a restraining order. Sounds to me like he isn't too serious about wanting her gone.
Is your life so empy that you have nothing better to do than plot the destruction of another human being? How will that help improve your life?
I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of quoting the bible...Vengence is mine saith the Lord. You're not God - you need to get over yourself!!

Awww, honey, ain't you CUTE. Getting so righteous! :D

The only thing I need to address here is what I have put in bold. My friend has done the things you mentioned (new phone number, shutting down emails, etc.), with the exception of a restraining order, because ms_intrigue has not taken it upon herself to find his new house -- yet. But if that does happen, I'm sure he will not hesitate to go through the appropriate legal channels.

Heavyhitter01, you act like we are all gonna automatically and unquestioningly take your word on TL's life and remorse or lack of it as the gospel truth. You're just coming off more like a bigger attention whore than your intended victim. And who's to say who you really are? For all I know, you're a fabrictated alt of her own, or the guy she cheated with, or the woman who got cheated on. Frankly, who cares really.

It's essentially an impotent manouver to try and victimize TL here. You made your point, cheating sucks. But if you think you're doing the "right thing"...meanwhile you are, counterproductive to your desired effect, garnering MORE empathy for TL than anything else.

I'm sure she will be happy to come back to the loving Lit bosom when the dust settles. You have certainly given her a most welcoming home here.

I think sometimes the actions of the self righteous are far more disturbing than the actions which they condemn.

It's already started. But do you really think I am going to explain what the outing entails so she can take a look in here and prepare for what hasn't happened yet? I might be "disturbing" but I'm not stupid.

Like pmann said in an earlier post...TL came in here with a bit of a humble attitude. No one applauded her actions, especially since what she did was wrong.

You are the one who came in here name calling, snarky, with an aggressive attitude making cryptic claims, then accusations that you admitted did not pertain to you personally, but to a third party, who you also admitted has taken the high road and put his life back together.

YOU made her the under dog, and dammit, people like to root for the underdog. I hope for the sake of TL that she does turn her life around and makes better life choices, because, in the end THAT is the best thing she can do to make amends.

Interesting point of view. As someone who is personally going through a similar situation right now, I can surely tell you that SHE IS IN PAIN! Perhaps she deserves the pain and perhaps they both do but their actions were and are theirs - not yours heavyhitter.

Being rude to those with a different point of view does not make your point of view correct! I am not rooting fo her other than to say I hope she gets 'right' and 'sins no more! (

WOW, my words exactly, you said "Yes, I am heavily invested in this. If you don't have friends that you get heavily invested in, I feel sorry for you. Having friends like that is one of the true pleasures of life."

This sound VERY COdependant....I have tons of friends who would just through fire for me but as a friend -I would never want them to do what you are doing to your soul ......just sayin'.

PLEASE remember we are not your enemy - we are only trying to offer opinions and add helpful ideas. You should probably be glad people are not always bad and if you can - MOVE ON!

I only came her to see what others say as I am trying to decide if I should forgive and try to forget.

Back