What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smile: Waking in the morning and seeing how he reaches for me when he feels me stirring in bed. Love that.

Laugh: My four year olds cherry stained face. I had to laugh at her trying to hold a somewhat intelligent conversation with cherry juice pearling on her chin. Too cute.
 
Watching True Blood with my favorite person
Getting my hair played with and petted while doing so.
"Tonight" by Seether and knowing why I was told to listen to that song.
Easy conversation and no fear of the "big stuff..."
Looking into her eyes and having to look away because I was blushing.
Knowing that this is the beginning of something good....
 
I WANT!

2135_1339513606.jpg

Ding ding ding- winner! This grill is shaped just like a Smith & Wesson Magnum 500 revolver, but juuuuust slightly bigger. This Smoking Gun Grill was built by a bunch of talented high school students from Idaho for their welding class.​
 
Wohooooo 98% in my Mystery shopper survey and the only reason I was marked down was because it was so difficult to get through the receptionist.

So happy as it was the highest mark in the our region :)
 
Realising my last day at work is 6 weeks tomorrow. Even though they will be a horrible, terrible 6 weeks, I'm old enough to know that 6 weeks is no time at all.
 
At precisely the moment of nearly losing it, I remembered that the frustrations of the day are as temporary as this situation is. Surrender to the chaos beyond my control is simply good practice... even if its TOTALLY lame in my opinion... Or maybe especially so. :rolleyes:

The coffee is good, though. :)
 
Wondering what on earth I am going to feed a particular duck.

Did he paddle you? Did you cry fowl? Did he... Let's adjourn to the pun thread.

Wohooooo 98% in my Mystery shopper survey and the only reason I was marked down was because it was so difficult to get through the receptionist.

So happy as it was the highest mark in the our region :)

Congratulations. Two years of wearing that outfit to work, and you finally scored the Mystery Shopper! ;)

Doing my online exit interview (NOT anonymous) and laying the blame for my leaving firmly at the feet of the person whose fault it is.

Good. For. You. Leave it all on the floor.

She found this yesterday and shared it with me, and now I'm sharing it with you. :)

yes_theyre_fake_breast_cancer_tshir.jpg

Hell yeah. This has just the sort of detached bemusement that cancer fucking hates. Thanks.

Fuck you, cancer!

Wow, just wow. Totally spiffy, though. :)

Aaaaaaaand the latest in the series: the NPR news team does "Call Me Maybe."

Really.

Oh, Scott Simon and Nina Totenberg: your ripped jeans, skin showing. :D

And will it ever end?
 
*ahem*

:nana:I'm down 50 pounds.:nana:

:nana:Another 15 and I'll be down to my post pregnancy weight.:nana:

:nana:Another 45 after that, and I'll be to my PREpregnancy weight.:nana:

:nana::nana::nana:
 
Last edited:
Home-made natural yoghurt, self-picked bilberries and crushed flax seeds. Is there a better way to start a day?

And grace? WAY TO GO!!! :nana:
 
Did he paddle you? Did you cry fowl? Did he... Let's adjourn to the pun thread.



Congratulations. Two years of wearing that outfit to work, and you finally scored the Mystery Shopper! ;)

Did he paddle you? Did you cry fowl? Did he... Let's adjourn to the pun thread.



Congratulations. Two years of wearing that outfit to work, and you finally scored the Mystery Shopper! ;)

I am just doing to duck this one.

It was a phone one so I still have to wear that outfit, however I now have a nice dress to alternate it with.


*ahem*

:nana:I'm down 50 pounds.:nana:

:nana:Another 15 and I'll be down to my post pregnancy weight.:nana:

:nana:Another 45 after that, and I'll be to my PREpregnancy weight.:nana:


Woohooo congratulations. That is great to hear. :)

I reckon the best part of losing weight is new clothes.
 
*ahem*

:nana:I'm down 50 pounds.:nana:

:nana:Another 15 and I'll be down to my post pregnancy weight.:nana:

:nana:Another 45 after that, and I'll be to my PREpregnancy weight.:nana:

:nana::nana::nana:

I would congratulate you, but I'm too busy sitting over here pouting and being uber-jealous. *Glares*

Ok, ok. I give in.

CONGRATS, GRACIE! :D
 
Awesome for graceanne!!!:nana:

I got to spend a big chunk of the day with Master. Granted, it was driving back & forth all the way across town (which is really a few cities glommed together) to hit the Commissary, but we had good talking time, and silliness while shopping. He loves to grope me and make me squeal in front of so many normal (and often blue-haired) shoppers.

It's just nice really having his attention for a while. :)
 
There's a reason - in fact, there are a lot of very GOOD reasons - Fark.com has a "Florida" tag. This article is one of them.

Sex, olive oil flap sends PSL woman to slammer
By Will Greenlee on June 14, 2012 5:00 AM

Barbara Hall and her 45-year-old boyfriend told police the situation soured as they were having sex and she asked him to get the olive oil.

The boyfriend said he got conked in the head with the olive oil bottle, while Hall, 60, said they quarreled after the boyfriend said he had sex recently with another woman, according to a recently released Port St. Lucie police report.

In the end, Hall was arrested on a battery charge following the May 30 fornication flap in Port St. Lucie.

The boyfriend told police they were having relations when Hall asked him to fetch the olive oil from the kitchen to use as a "sexual lubricant." He said when he got back, they began arguing over him having sex with another woman.

Women typically frown upon a boyfriend who has coitus with multiple concubines and/or paramours.

He said Hall hit him repeatedly and that she threw the olive oil bottle at him, hitting his head.

The report didn't state whether the olive oil was virgin or extra virgin. Bwahahaha!

Meanwhile, Hall said they were engaged in a copulation situation when she asked him to get the olive oil, an oil made from olives that's traditionally used in cooking and salad dressings.

"When (the boyfriend) returned with the olive oil, Barbara asked if he had also brought the PAM cooking spray," the report states. "Barbara believed (the boyfriend) misunderstood what she had said, and commented on a girl named Pam that he knows."

The boyfriend said he had sex with Pam while he and Hall were "broke up." That, she said, started an argument.

Hall said she threw a beverage at him and "might have" been hitting him. She said he punched her in the ribs before she tossed the olive oil and a flashlight at him. She didn't think she hit him.

Hall, of the 1400 block of Southeast Buckingham Terrace in Port St. Lucie, was arrested on a battery - domestic charge.​
 
A hahaha. Niiiice.

Wait, wait, don't tell me you are missing all of the parodies like these?!

It has moved to the most annoying thing on the planet. Which is one reason I so dearly love it.

I am just doing to duck this one.

It was a phone one so I still have to wear that outfit, however I now have a nice dress to alternate it with.

Yes. Keep wearing it, definitely. One never knows. And I have some great ideas for enhancements that I gleaned from a work style blog. Or somewhere. The important thing is to keep wearing it.


Can I just give a big shout out to Gracie? Fewer cookies and more cookies?? (see how I cleverly used the euphemism "cookies" there, even though I didn't "get" it for, like, four years? Ooooh yeah!)

Congratulations. You are a metabolic supercollider.
 
Well, actually it was yesterday...

We went to his grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party. There were tons of relatives of his that I had never met, so I had to introduce myself. The thing is, I really don't know how to refer to myself in relation to him when other people ask. Sooo...

Auntie A: Hello, I'm Auntie A.
Me: Hello, I'm Seela. (assuming that people have at least heard of me and remember the rather uncommon name that I go by to him and his family)
Auntie A: And you are..? (looking rather quizzical)
Me: I'm...umm...I'm his. (pointing towards J standing besides the next table.)

I really didn't know what to say other than being his. I'm not his wife, I'm not his fiancée, the only place I even occasionally refer to him as my boyfriend is Lit, so calling myself his girlfriend just sounds weird.

Interestingly enough, when his mom introduced me to some other people, she said I'm his son's friend. Well, we have two words for friend, one more casual and one serious, close friend, she used the serious, close friend word but still she referred to me as his friend. We've been together for close to six years now. I guess other people have a hard time wrapping their heads around what we are to each other.

Anyways, it really made me smile afterwards, when I was done feeling like an idiot for not knowing how to introduce myself, that I told people that I'm his. And he rather liked it as well.
 
Awesome for graceanne!!!:nana:

Thank you.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Well, I wasn't planning on showing pics until I'm done, so these aren't quite what I'm planning. I've saved this skirt because it's my favorite and it's also the largest I've been. When I'm completely done losing weight, I'm gonna take a picture of me wearing it over a bathing suit, with it pulled out to show how much weight I've lost total. However, I still can't fit in a bathing suit I'd be caught dead in, so this is the best you're gonna get.

Before:

*poof*

After:

*poof*
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top