encouraging my partner to be Dom

Please expand on that. Are you suggesting I find a dom on fet life to help? Or to take over for now?

I didn’t read it like that. Fetlife has had a lot of issues as of late. Unfortunately, there are those who will prey on new people, exploit their naïveté. I was fortunate that I met “the right” people to guide me. But the last time I was there (four or five months ago), at least in my local community and surrounding ones consent violations were a hot topic and how those violators should be handled. The Fet admins don’t really get involved in that stuff unless you specifically accuse someone by name.

I do think though by sticking to the munches until you are comfortable you will still get amazing guidance should you go that route.

I didn’t read it like that. Fetlife has had a lot of issues as of late. Unfortunately, there are those who will prey on new people, exploit their naïveté. I was fortunate that I met “the right” people to guide me. But the last time I was there (four or five months ago), at least in my local community and surrounding ones consent violations were a hot topic and how those violators should be handled. The Fet admins don’t really get involved in that stuff unless you specifically accuse someone by name.

I do think though by sticking to the munches until you are comfortable you will still get amazing guidance should you go that route.

Thanks. Hubby and I are planning on going to a munch later this month.

I just didn't know how else to meet people...so fetlife seemed like the only avenue. We know how important trust is to this dynamic, so anything that makes that easier is worth knowing about.

One thing you might begin with is to let him experience being submissive. You know his schedule. Take sexual control of him for a week so he can learn a little about what that side feels like. Make him edge several times a day. Wear panties. And no cumming without permission. Which means no cumming

Has anyone here ended a relationship because the person couldn't make that switch? Not fully outside of playtime. I mean regularly during it.

I guess that you mean a partner who couldn't become dominant "for" their partner. I've had sort of the opposite; a relationship that faded because she had dommy tendencies that turned out to be more important to her than she realized and I wasn't really able to conjure any submissiveness to reciprocate. So I guess it can happen both ways.

If you are both enjoying the ride so far, then Good Luck! I just hope your partner is not faking it for your sake!

Last edited:
Here is a really simple answer. Tell him what you want during sex. I know it's hard but if you can't find the words how in the hell can you expect him to figure it out. Honestly. How will he figure it out.

Back