A Rising Tide....

The unemployment rate among young Americans fell to its lowest level in more than 50 years this summer....

Similarly, the unemployment rate among older Americans who don’t have a high-school diploma fell to a record low this year. The jobless rate also fell sharply for those who completed high school but never attended college. Among racial groups, the unemployment rate for Latinos fell to 4.5% in July, the lowest rate on records back to the 1970s.​

A. Duehren, Youth Unemployment Hits 52-Year Low, Wall Street Journal (Aug. 16, 2018).
 
Under President Obama, from 2009 to 2015 the incomes of black Americans fell by more than $900 per family, adjusted for inflation.

According to Sentier Research, when President Obama left office the median household income for all Americans was $58,056. Under President Trump, the rising tide of median household incomes rose to $62,175 by June – a jump of more than $4,000. And income for black Americans has been lifted as well.

Under President Trump, black employment has grown by an average of nearly 40,000 each month. In January 2017, the black unemployment rate stood at 7.8 percent. It’s now at 6.6 percent.

The number of black Americans with a job has risen by 708,000 from last year. Not only are black wages and incomes up since the election of Donald Trump – black employment has repeatedly hit historic highs.

And it isn’t just black Americans who owe President Trump a vote of thanks. Employment among Hispanics and among women – even those with only a high school diploma – has hit the same kind of record-breaking highs.

J. Meister, Trump is gaining black support because his policies are improving the lives of all Americans, Fox News (Aug. 20, 2018) (emphasis added) (while this is an editorial, I quote only the part that summarizes public record statistics).
 
Goosing the economy through indiscriminate deregulation is like is like making a drug addict feel better by supplying him with more drugs. Feels good for a little while, but then there is a crash.

There is a good reason why my motorized farm equipment has a governor on each engine-- it keeps the engine from overheating and blowing up. Trump economics are a cheap trick. They remove the governor on the engine and let it rev up to the red line. And then yesterday, he whined like a drug addict because the Federal Reserve raised interest rates to prevent over-heating.


Unlike the last "rising tide" that crashed on shore due to greed in the under-regulated derivatives market, Trump's rising tide is fueled by pulling the controls off both financial and environmental regulations. Trump's rising tide will not only flood the harbor with greed and scams, but will also cause all boats to be slammed into the nearby highways and buildings.

Only the rich will be able to rebuild. There will be no stomach or resource base for a broader "bail out".
 
Last edited:
With 243,000 open jobs construction jobs nationwide, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics — and more than 500 listed by local ABC members — South Florida has become a worker’s market, said Peggy Marker, president of Fort Lauderdale-based Marker Construction, “the employees are in a position where they are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing them.”

As a result, 95 percent of those who come to ABC looking to learn a trade are matched with a job — experienced or not.​

D. Jackson, $75,000 a year with benefits; no college needed. Yet local employers can’t fill jobs, Miami Herald (Sep. 4, 2018).
 
August employment data that shows wage growth of close to 3 percent could be the real deal.

“I don't think it’s just a blip. We’ve seen steadily building pressure over the past year on wages from multiple data sources,” said Andrew Chamberlain, chief economist at Glassdoor.com. “The strong pay growth is consistent with what we see in our figures.”

The 2.9 percent annualized increase in pay growth was the highlight of what economists deemed an altogether positive report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics....​

M.C. White, Unemployment is so low that companies have to poach — and that means higher salaries, NBC News (Sep. 7, 2018).
 
No he didn’t lol

Oh shit you just got fucked up racist!

56990817.jpg


Oh shit you just got doubled owned!

28000513.jpg


Going to be a shitty week for you, I'm sensing. You should just go ahead and rage quit.

image.jpg
 
Nope....looks like more lies from Dan because that's the only way you know how to post. :)

I don't bother reading Dan's posts any more for all the reasons I've stated elsewhere. In a nutshell, he's a misogynistic bigot who usually cites outdated and often disproved articles. If you go through my various threads, you'll find myriad examples of this.

It seems to me you've "owned" him on this issue now, more than ever, because of these latest data (including that workers' pay is increasing faster than at essentially any time during the tepid Obama "recovery"):

The United States created 201,000 new jobs in August, keeping the unemployment rate at an 18-year low and generating the fastest increase in worker pay since the end of the Great Recession... the yearly rate of pay increases climbed to 2.9% from 2.7%, marking the highest level since June 2009.​

J. Bartash, U.S. adds 201,000 jobs as worker wages accelerate to nine-year high, Marketwatch (Sep. 7, 2018) (emphasis added).

  • Median household income in the United States in 2017 was $61,372, an increase in real terms of 1.8 percent from the 2016 median income of $60,309. This is the third consecutive annual increase in median household income.
  • The 2017 real median income of family households increased 1.4 percent from 2016 to $77,713. Real median income for married-couple households increased 1.6 percent between 2016 and 2017.
Press Release, Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2017, CB18-144, US Census Bureau (Sep. 12, 2018).

It appears these trends will continue.

The number of job openings in the U.S. climbed to a record 6.94 million in July in a clear sign that a booming economy is entering the second half of the year with a big dollop of momentum....

The U.S. economy is booming. Growth surged in the spring and has carried through summer. Unemployment is uber-low at 3.9%, layoffs are at a 50-year low and small-business owners say they are more optimistic about the economy than ever.

Some workers are taking advantage of the strong economy and tight labor market by switching jobs in search of better pay. As a result, companies are offering more attractive pay and benefits to lure new workers or to retain old ones.​

J. Bartash, U.S. job openings climb to record 6.9 million, Marketwatch (Sep. 11, 2018).

U.S. small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business....

"Today's groundbreaking numbers are demonstrative of what I'm hearing everyday from small business owners – that business is booming," said NFIB President and CEO Juanita D. Duggan, in a press release Tuesday. "As the tax and regulatory landscape changed, so did small business expectations and plans."​

J. Melloy, Small business optimism surges to highest level ever, topping previous record under Reagan, CNBC (Sep. 11, 2018).
 
Yearly deficits have increased under Trump. Credit card prosperity is no prosperity at all.
 
Yearly deficits have increased under Trump. Credit card prosperity is no prosperity at all.

Then, I must assume you are even more critical of what Pres. Obama did, doubling the national debt (the actual problem, deficit is just am accounting descriptive, while debt is what must be paid off), in just eight years while never producing a year with >3% GDP growth. Now that was a true disaster!
 
Yearly deficits have increased under Trump. Credit card prosperity is no prosperity at all.

Funny how wonderful and progressive credit card prosperity is when (D)'s are burning it.

Even when it's to prop up Wall St. and pass republican HC scams. :rolleyes:

Then, I must assume you are even more critical of what Pres. Obama did

Nope....that was all wonderful progress!!!

Just like all the things the left lets (D)'s slide on but would gladly crucify anyone not part of the party for.

It's only bad when not-(D)'s do it.
 
Last edited:
The DJIA still hasn't recovered from Trump's tariff announcements in January.
 
The DJIA still hasn't recovered from Trump's tariff announcements in January.

One: What happens on Wall Street is not always indicative of the economic conditions on Main Street. (Or do you simply consider the health of your portfolio more important than the economic well-being of the nation and its working classes?)

Two:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average surged to its first record high since January on Thursday as gains in Apple and a decrease in trade fears lifted the 30-stock index.

The Dow jumped 251.22 points to 26,656.98 as Boeing, Caterpillar and Apple all rose. The S&P 500 also rose 0.8 percent to an all-time high, its first since late August, as materials, consumer staples and tech outperformed. The broad index close Thursday's session at 2,930.75.​

F. Imbert & A. Gibbs, Dow rallies more than 250 points to first record close since January, CNBC (Sep. 20, 2018).
 
One: What happens on Wall Street is not always indicative of the economic conditions on Main Street. (Or do you simply consider the health of your portfolio more important than the economic well-being of the nation and its working classes?)

Two:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average surged to its first record high since January on Thursday as gains in Apple and a decrease in trade fears lifted the 30-stock index.

The Dow jumped 251.22 points to 26,656.98 as Boeing, Caterpillar and Apple all rose. The S&P 500 also rose 0.8 percent to an all-time high, its first since late August, as materials, consumer staples and tech outperformed. The broad index close Thursday's session at 2,930.75.​

F. Imbert & A. Gibbs, Dow rallies more than 250 points to first record close since January, CNBC (Sep. 20, 2018).
Trump was sure pleased by the news. He's all atwitter.
 
Back
Top