The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new job arrangement of 55 hours a week is what triggered these shingles. BLEAH! But they are mild and I am going about my business. But still, I'm a smidge over 30, what gives?

Also I wonder what WriterDom is up to...
I got my outbreak of shingles in my early 40s, though they are much more common in those 60-plus. Mine ran from just "outside" the outer corner of my left eye, diagonally down to the left corner of my mouth. It was a little scary, because the doctors told me that if one of the blisters at the corner of my eye were to burst and leak into my eye, I had a significant chance of losing the sight in that eye. Fortunately, none did, and I'm no blinder now than I was then (20/200 uncorrected; 20/20, 20/30 corrected).

They have had, for almost 20 years, a beneficial side effect: they are an early-warning signal for an oncoming migraine headache. I learned eventually that when the particular nerve running that path starts to signal, I am in danger of a stress-triggered migraine. If I can sufficiently reduce the stress level within 30 minutes or so, I don't *get* the migraine. I might end up with a *stress* headache, but not a full-blown migraine.

I got my outbreak of shingles in my early 40s, though they are much more common in those 60-plus. Mine ran from just "outside" the outer corner of my left eye, diagonally down to the left corner of my mouth. It was a little scary, because the doctors told me that if one of the blisters at the corner of my eye were to burst and leak into my eye, I had a significant chance of losing the sight in that eye. Fortunately, none did, and I'm no blinder now than I was then (20/200 uncorrected; 20/20, 20/30 corrected).

They have had, for almost 20 years, a beneficial side effect: they are an early-warning signal for an oncoming migraine headache. I learned eventually that when the particular nerve running that path starts to signal, I am in danger of a stress-triggered migraine. If I can sufficiently reduce the stress level within 30 minutes or so, I don't *get* the migraine. I might end up with a *stress* headache, but not a full-blown migraine.

Yikes! How bad was the pain for yours? I am grateful mine are both mild and nowhere important, but I have heard of horrible pain and having to stay isolated, etc. I'd be terrified to have it near my eye. I just keep taking my pill though, hopefully it'll go away soon. My wife says she thinks they're starting to look better.

And migraines...yikes. Nerves are funny things...

Yikes! How bad was the pain for yours? I am grateful mine are both mild and nowhere important, but I have heard of horrible pain and having to stay isolated, etc. I'd be terrified to have it near my eye. I just keep taking my pill though, hopefully it'll go away soon. My wife says she thinks they're starting to look better.

And migraines...yikes. Nerves are funny things...
The pain was BAD... bad enough I got about 2-3 hours sleep a night for four nights. Fortunately, it was then over. The school administration *made* me take the days off from teaching, but did allow me to go coach my girls' tennis team for their two matches that week, but I had to have that side of my face thoroughly bandaged and stay at least three feet from the players, lol! (There was no one else available *and* qualified to coach the girls.) I did get big hugs from the girls the next week when all symptoms were gone and the doctor had cleared me for personal contact. (These days, of course, a smart coach stays at least three feet from his/her players at *all* times! :rolleyes:)

At least my week of Mondays, picked a short week.

I prefer my three day weekends to start on Fridays rather than end on Mondays.

And I miss my four-tens schedule.

Fever and sore throat.
Not gonna work today.
Nothing on TV.
Anyone awake?

I was in my very early 30's went I got shingles also. My outbreak was also on my face, the upper right quadrant around my eye. I have suffered from migraines since my 20's and they have always began right above that area. I wonder if there is some sort of connection.

I was on vicodin for a few days but it wasn't too severe. I am very thankful to Valacyclovir. The timing of mine was extremely inconvenient, it disrupted a play event my Dominant had planned for us involving other people. But we rescheduled so it didn't turn out so bad

Just saw the above post, just realized I am 90 mins late for my antiviral. Doh!

My thanks for the shingles posts. I'm getting myself to Walgreen's this weekend for a shot!

I am truly blessed. I know that. I have good days and bad days like everyone. I have issues like anyone else. But I have been blessed, especially the last 18 months.

Today as a kind of mental exercise I decided to try and find something about my job that I didn't like and after much thought and struggle I finally landed on...

Having to get up and get there in the mornings.

That is how insanely blessed I am, my life so not sucks that my only gripe about my job is getting out of bed, dressed, out the door and to my desk.

Craziness!

I could complain about a crazy schedule, I could complain about my physical issues, I could complain about my debt. But what's the point? My life is pretty awesome.

Have a fantastic friday, everyone!

My thanks for the shingles posts. I'm getting myself to Walgreen's this weekend for a shot!
That is a good idea, though shingles *mostly* attacks those 60 and up. As you now know, it does occasionally swing down the foodchain and hit those in their 30s and 40s, too, and if it can be fitted into one's budget, eliminating the possibility of that pain is a good thing. Note, however, that if you have not had chickenpox previously, the chances of having a shingles attack is almost nil.

I am truly blessed....

Have a fantastic friday, everyone!
You, too, and a wonderful weekend!

Ha, well apparently since he's an "adult" now he can come home at all hours and not do a damn thing around here. I actually said, "my house, my rules" yes, I have become my Dad.
Isn't it strange that when we become parents, we also (usually), to some degree, become *our* parents? :eek:

Ha, well apparently since he's an "adult" now he can come home at all hours and not do a damn thing around here. I actually said, "my house, my rules" yes, I have become my Dad.

Better yet, become your lawyer. Write up a contract that explains precisely what he gets from you and what he must provide in return. Further, include the consequences of failing to hold up his side of the arrangement. Sign it and hand it to him to sign. Show him that you're serious that operating the household should be a joint venture between the two of you.

I got a very public apology today from a guy who upset me quite badly in the past. Very surprising. I would like to think it was genuine but the realist in me isn't holding her breath.

I got a very public apology today from a guy who upset me quite badly in the past. Very surprising. I would like to think it was genuine but the realist in me isn't holding her breath.

I've always felt there was a strong correlation between public and true.

Movies: with exception very public and very untrue.

Stuff that happens in one's bathroom: very private and very true.

Totally just took my top and bra off on stage in front of a few hundred people including a lady buying a dress from me and her husband.

And it kicked so much ass!

:cathappy:

Ladies with bra-fitting issues, you need to schedule a trip to Indianapolis.

From size AAA to N, Indy bra shop is No. 1 in nation

Barbara’s New Beginnings has been named the the best bra-fitting shop in the nation. The store has more than 10,000 bras in sizes AAA to N. Personal fitters, who go through three months of training, make sure bras fit just right, down to the smallest of details like proper band width.

The store’s wide assortment, coupled with over-the-top customer service, earned Barbara’s a prestigious The Best of Intima Award last month in New York City. These awards are the Academy Awards of lingerie shops.​
More at the article linked in the headline above.

And CM, if you're looking for a new job in a new location.... ;)

I've always felt there was a strong correlation between public and true.

Movies: with exception very public and very untrue.

Stuff that happens in one's bathroom: very private and very true.

Exactly.....to me, the very fact it was so public screamed 'Look at me - aren't I great?' rather than anything else. Ironically, part of his apology was to say that he'd stopped behaving as though he was the lead actor in the film called life :rolleyes:

All of a sudden I remembered the password for my private blog I wrote 7 years ago. Yeah, shouldn't have read. *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back