What will Republicans do after Summer Vacation

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
-August 4, 2017

Republicans manifestly intend to enact tax legislation this year not via the bipartisan path of 1986 but via the same budget-reconciliation process they relied on in 1981 and in 2001, designed to outlaw filibusters and sideline Democrats.


"Tax reform — the idea of tax cuts “paid for” by closing “tax loopholes” — is quickly turning into simple tax cuts. To the extent there is interest in “paying for” tax cuts, most GOP lawmakers favor domestic-spending cuts, and especially the ever-popular-among-conservatives, ever-unpopular-among-Americans entitlement cuts. If spending cuts cause too much political heat, eventually Republicans choose unpaid-for tax cuts, even as they hand conservative-base voters an IOU for future spending cuts."


"Republicans will use the budget process to “set up” a tax bill, which drives the discussion in two very important ways. First, Republicans will need all but two of their senators on board, which makes any loophole-closing measures that are controversial (and most are controversial) politically unfeasible, since loophole-defending lobbyists need only find three GOP senators to shut it all down. And second, the budget process makes it much more feasible to go for domestic-spending cuts — which have a 24/7 constituency among conservatives in both congressional chambers — rather than any revenue measures to mitigate the damage to the nation’s fiscal health."


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/gop-doesnt-care-about-tax-reform-tax-cuts-are-fine.html
gsgs comment-

Emperor Carrot has been stripping funds from every government office, possible. Salaries were never paid, to office heads and employees that were never hired, after Obama's employees were thrown out. Those that remained were thrown a pittance, scorn, and a threat of erasing their agencies from existence.


Undermining the belief in the legitimacy of agencies working for the benefit and the protection of America's people, is a steady feed of messages to The South, Deep South, Mid-West, West, North West, North East. (Yes, eccentricity was exploited in the North, and turned to the purposes of these new liars.) Underneath, running in an unseen current is the promise of White Supremacy. The unspoken promise, that white men, no matter what their station in life, would be granted the same preference and privilege, and exemptions, as those that rule their lives. This new movement, mutated from the rotting corpse of the old sickness, seeks domination through the perversion of law, and the destruction of the spirit of America's promise. Money, commerce, and law, would only flow towards one encompassing network. Starving Democracy, and insuring its death.

/end gsgs comment


What agencies did Rick Perry want to kill ? Commerce Dept., Education Dept. and Dept. of Energy.

Tax reduction obsession nurtured by the Koch brothers

The state of Kansas was supposed to be the great Republican model. Cut taxes deeply, said Governor Sam Brownback, and it would be “like a shot of adrenaline in the heart of the Kansas economy.” The taxes were cut. The adrenaline never showed. Things fell apart. Last week, Kansas Republicans revolted against their hardline governor, overrode his veto, and ditched the model.


Fed up with gaping budget shortfalls, inadequate education funding and insufficient revenue, the Republican-controlled Legislature capped months of turmoil by overriding the governor’s veto of a bill that would undo some of his tax cuts and raise $1.2 billion over two years."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/07/us/sam-brownback-kansas-budget-override.html?_r=0

April 12, 2017

"...a repudiation of Brownback is just as, if not more, threatening to the Republican Party than a repudiation of Trump would be."

"Because Sam Brownback isn’t unpopular for idiosyncratic, personal reasons; the governor didn’t decimate his state’s finances by spending public funds on sex workers. He did it by implementing the conservative movement’s blueprint for utopia."

February 24, 2017


With encouragement from Trump, Republicans in Congress are drafting the most far-reaching tax reform in 30 years, built around cutting rates for individuals and businesses. Party leaders insist, as Brownback did, that the tax cuts will pay for themselves through larger economic growth. But Democrats and many economists say the plan would explode a deficit that’s already trending back up toward $1 trillion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...blowback-against-sam-brownback-kansas/517641/


August 4, 2017

Kansas Collects $7.6 Million More in Taxes Than Predicted in July

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Department of Revenue says it collected $7.6 million more in taxes than anticipated in July during its first month under an income tax increase approved by legislators. The state reported collections of $453.5 million in taxes. That's 1.7 percent more than the official projection of almost $446 million. The surplus in July collections came after the state ended its 2017 fiscal year on June 30 with tax collections exceeding expectations by $72 million, or 1.3 percent. Total tax collections for fiscal 2017 surpassed $5.8 billion. Lawmakers enacted the income tax increase over Governor Sam Brownback's veto to raise an additional $1.2 billion over two years.


http://kansaspublicradio.org/kpr-news/headlines-wednesday-august-2-2017

It was revealed, that the Tea Party was not grass roots born, but Astro Turf grown, from Koch brothers nurturing. A.L.E.C mapped out a plan

Kansas’s moderate ascendance may portend problems for Republicans in Washington, where many in the party, including President Trump, are pushing to adopt federal tax policies similar to the ones Brownback has installed in Kansas. But while Brownback had hoped what he called Kansas’s “real-live experiment” in conservative economic policy would become a national model, it has instead become a cautionary example.

Brownback and his promised tax cuts were expected to spur enough economic growth to keep the government well funded, but when that economic boom never materialized, state lawmakers faced perennial deficits and had to implement spending reductions to close the gap. And when they did, some lawmakers found that while promising to cut spending plays well during a campaign, the subsequent loss of public services often proves far more unpopular.



Kris Kobach was only concerned for his career, not the people of Kansas

“In 2016, enough people woke up and said, ‘We have to fix this. The guys in office are refusing to fix this, and come on, the evidence is plain,’” she said. “I really don’t care if it’s a Democrat or a Republican, I just want someone reasonable.”

“What happens in Kansas breaks so significantly with Republican orthodoxy on taxes,” said Stephen Moore, a former adviser to both Trump and Brownback.

“There’s one thing that unifies the Republican Party today more than anything else. We are a tax-cutting party. We are not a tax-increasing party,” Moore said. “I think Republicans across the country have to be paying attention to this.”

The return to more centrist policies could foreshadow trouble for Trump’s tax plan, which is based on the same concepts that guided Brownback’s overhaul beginning in 2012.

A plan put forward a year ago by House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), contains some similar provisions. The resemblance points to the connections between Brownback and the conservative establishment in Washington. Before becoming a congressman himself, Ryan served on Brownback’s staff when the governor represented Kansas in the Senate.

Trump and Brownback have relied on the same advisers, including the conservative economist Arthur Laffer, who famously laid out the principle of supply side economics on a cocktail napkin. Laffer argued that excessive taxation could slow the economy by discouraging people from working.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-tea-party-in-kansas/?utm_term=.a4616388e1c4
 
Last edited:
August 15, 2017

Trump trolls from the Far Right Extremist went out into the world, and created a distraction from Emperor Carrot's trouble with Russia. (oops! Today, another Russia connection, unearthed. Another person to be questioned ?)

Emperor Carrot awarded his Trump trolls with fan service- A speech from Trump Tower in New York, and many sound bites!

And lies!


"Hello, everybody. Great to be back in New York with all of our friends and some great friends outside the building, I must tell you. "

(A tiny fan club representation, and all of people who want Trump to leave New York.)

Guest stars!
Treasury secretary Stephen Mnuchin and OMB Director Mick Mulvaney and the Transportation Secretary who is doing a fabulous job, Elaine Chao."

Incredible! World class! (Emperor Carrot loves these words.)

That’s why I just signed a new Executive Order to dramatically reform the nation's badly broken infrastructure permitting process."

Did Emperor Carrot just tell a lie about the Empire State Building?

Trust Trump's billionaires! Nothing sleazy about them ? People will not die during construction or after ?

We will get what we deserve, if we trust Emperor Carrot. Is that a threat, or a promise? yikes


This overregulated permitting process is a massive, self-inflicted wound on our country.

Environmentalists and safety commissions and regulations are taking your jerbs!

Build free infrastructure for Emperor Carrot's billionaire buddies! Fuck off, with that Rare Species and Ecosystem talk. Kill it, or torture it to death, for Emperor Carrot.


It costs hundreds of millions of dollars, but it took 17 years to get it approved and many, many, many, many pages of environmental impact statements. Kill 29 agencies, and there will not be a problem for billionaires.



Environmental standards under President Obama were high,
and Trump will lower those standards. Clean air, clean water, and land that is not poisoned or compromised, is not something that Trump cares about. Global climate change does not concern Trump.

Emperor Carrot would not lie to you. *wink, wink* Sick of hitting yourself in the head ? Emperor Carrot has many people that are willing to slam your head with your hand.

Next up- a pretty colourful chart!

Emperor Carrot thinks it is long, and beautiful.

Emperor Carrot sells a fantasy of the American steel industry coming back, when his Russian steel is doing the job right now. You can have a Siberia job, if you really want it.


Emperor Carrot said,"We are literally like a third-world country." Who was it that killed funds for infrastructure ?Emperor Carrot will make America Great Again! Call out for the Proud Boys. Emperor Carrot loves you. You will be so proud, it will make you sick. In need of medical care...

" If you have any questions, Mick, you could come up here, please. Come on up. Mick Mulvaney. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask."

Emperor Carrot, Why are the CEOs leaving your manufacturing council?

TRUMP: "Look at all my lovely products made by Americans! I am not embarrassed. I do not take anything seriously. Excuse me, excuse me!"

Emperor Carrot, why did you wait so long to denounce neo-Nazis?

"The tweet I made on Saturday, the first tweet, was a fine tweet! Who gives a fuck about facts ? Do I bring it ? I brought it. I brought it. But, I had to erase it."

"The dead girl's mother follow my Twitter feed. Should thanked me for making a joke about death."

" Honestly, if the press were not fake and if it was honest, the press would have said what I said was very nice. – excuse me – unlike you and unlike the media, before I make a statement, I like to know the facts."

They didn’t, they didn’t. They don’t.
-Emperor Car

The world asks, Emperor Carrot, do you believe that was terrorism?

"What? I cunt hear you."

The CEO of Walmart walked away from Emperor Carrot.

Emperor Carrot does not care about people that walk away. Not at all.

"The economy is failing badly and is booming, tremendously, at the same time! It is possible for me to avoid all blame, and take all the credit. Believe me!"

I will tell you something. I watched those (videos) very closely, much more closely than you people watched it.


But, I didn't know David Duke was there.
I must have missed that.

Was this terrorism, Emperor Carrot ? And can you tell us how you are feeling about your Chief Strategist Steve Bannon ?

"...you can call it terrorism, you can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want."
"

" I never spoke to Mr. Bannon about."

"I like Mr. Bannon."
"He is a friend of mine."
"He is not a racist."

H.R. McMaster ? He can defend himself. I am busy.

Who is Senator McCain ?

Senator McCain said that the alt-right is behind these attacks, and he linked that same group to those that perpetrated the attack in Charlottesville.

Go ahead. Define it for me!

Everyone is guilty, but me. Because I am Emperor.

I was playing golf. I am on vacation, you know. Wait a minute, I'm not finished. I'm not finished, fake news.



Emperor Carrot quote- "I will tell you something. I watched those very closely, much more closely than you people watched it."

Where is my beautiful, tremendous statue ?

No.one wants to talk about my wonderful infrastructure plan. I will make a pouting face, now.

REPORTER: Does the statue of Robert E. Lee stay up?

TRUMP: I would say that’s up to a local town, community or the federal government, depending on where it is.

Emperor Carrot, are you against the Confederacy?

Emperor Carrot, racism is destructive to America!

Did you like the Great Depression ? I am taking America, back there. They will be too busy starving to death.

Give Emperor Carrot everything he asks for, and all problems will disappear, as if by magic.

Emperor Carrot, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?

"I am not putting anybody on a moral plane!"

The world - You said there was hatred and violence on both sides?


The world- George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

President Obama thinks that I am tremendous at my job. Just ask him!

TRUMP: I think they’ve gotten better or the same – look – they have been frayed for a long time, and you can ask President Obama about that, because he’d make speeches about it.

My angels had permits, and that makes them innocent of any wrong doing.

" I am not putting anybody on a moral plane, but my angels did not have guns, or any kind of weapons, or armor, or helmets, or gas masks, or chemicals, or milk...

Emperor Carrot, you said there was hatred and violence on both sides

I do not care. Do not blame me for all the racist things I have said.

Emperor Carrot, neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

Good Mexicans, bad Mexicans. We are getting rid of all of them. Some were fine people that worked for me. So sad!

All the Presidents on Mt. Rushmore were slave owners!
You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture!

REPORTER: I just didn’t understand what you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly?

Fake news. My Far Right Extremists are angels. So quiet. So gentle.

What makes you think you can get an infrastructure bill? You didn’t get healthcare, you didn’t get tax ...

Wrong. I won everything. All by myself. Only I can do it.

Emperor Carrot, have you spoken to the family of the victim of the car attack ?

No. This is all about me, and how wonderful everyone thinks that I am. Wonderful.

Thank me very much. Thank me.

REPORTER: Do you plan to go to Charlottesville, Mr. President?

TRUMP: Did you know I own a house? It’s in Charlottesville, oh boy. It’s in Charlottesville, you’ll see.

REPORTER: Is that the winery or something?

TRUMP: It’s a, it’s a, it is the winery."

I know a lot about Charlottesville!
(no, he does not.)
I own – I own actually one of the best, the biggest!
(No, his son owns the vineyard, the winery.)


Emperor Carrot, what you said today, how do you think that will impact the people of the United States of America ?

Foxconn has always been an enemy of Eurasia!
Pie in the sky, for everyone!


Thank me! I am magical!
 
Teenagers Keep Going to Town Halls and Owning Republicans and It’s Amazing

In the last five minutes of Sen. Cory Gardner’s (R-Colo.) town hall on Tuesday morning, an unlikely voice stepped up to the microphone. A young teen girl, fighting for the courage to speak, urged the senator to start a climate solutions caucus in the Senate. “If all you need is more information, I can come visit the energy committee and do a PowerPoint for you,” she said.

She wasn’t the first to see a public forum as the perfect chance to pressure politicians to act on climate change. During several recent town halls, there’s been a trend of young women seizing the opportunity to challenge their leaders:

“Do you believe in science? Because I do.” :)
 
McConnell Has A 'Slush Fund' To Buy 'Moderate' GOP

8239448063_17a5448a5f_z_d.jpg


Go to New York magazine's front page right now and you see this headline:

CBO Score of Senate Health Bill Is Grim

But click on the link and Ed Kilgore tells you precisely how Mitch McConnell might save the bill:

[The bill] nearly triples the deficit reduction estimates for the House bill (from $119 billion to $321 billion), mostly because of a combination of a delay in the repeal of certain Obamacare taxes and reconfigured health-insurance purchasing subsidies....

As a practical matter the higher deficit-reduction number is pleasing to conservatives, but also gives McConnell a slush fund to buy “moderate” votes with more generous spending provisions.

There you go. It's not just that McConnell will now begin making deals -- he built the bill to give him the money to do so. Or maybe he didn't know he'd get this "slush fund" and just lucked out. (But note that the bill's drafters were sending portions of it to the Congressional Budget Office as it was being written, so there probably weren't too many surprises in today's CBO report.) But this money is what McConnell is going to horse-trade with. So even though it appears that three senators -- Rand Paul, Susan Collins, and Dean Heller -- will vote no on a motion to proceed to a vote, there are deals to be made. If you live in a state with a Republican senator or two, keep the pressure on.
 
At least Houston can expect some infrastructure money.
Oh, you mean the taxpayer bailouts of the construction cost overruns and corporate siphoning-off of overages? Not to mention brokers' fees/
 
Go back to school, like in Grease. Singing and dancing in the hallways without learning a thing.
 
Back
Top