Can't update profile

SteffiOlsen

Virgin
When I view it in control panel, the newly saved version (updated a couple of days ago) is there, but viewing my bio page, it's still the old info.

All of my dropdown info updates correctly (gender, height, weight, etc.), but the freeform bio doesn't update for me. I agree, the whole writeup is there when I click on the control panel, but it doesn't seem to be visible to anyone else.

Unless I need to wait for moderation or something?

Hi there!

Unrelated, but I love your stories on Lit! Just wanted to say that.
Anyhoo, I'm having the same exact problem. I have no idea what's going on.
I wish I had a solution.

I'm having this exact same problem, when I fill out the biography field in control panel, nothing changes on the member page. Also I noticed that on the member page there are some stats like SMOKE/DRINK that aren't on the control panel and cant be changed?

Same problem here. I updated my bio then checked the profile view and no difference, but the last updated date says today.

I then tried changing a few of the answers from the drop down options.

Those showed up immediately.

Does the bio need approving by someone?

It’s been 4 days

Same here. I updated my bio, saved the changes, but it doesn’t appear in my bio profile.

It’s not the end of the world but surly it must be an easy glitch to fix?

Same here, but it's giving me the error "Can't save profile. Server error."

Bio box problem

I'm also getting the problem, the dropdown box info saves like gender, weight, pets etc. but the Bio box doesn't save anything and appears blank when viewing my profile even if it's fully filled out in my options :(

I'm trying to do the same thing. I hope this problem gets resolved soon. But I'll be patient. :)

I've been having the same issue, but going back and making edits under the Old Control Panel seems to have worked. If you go to "My Profile" under "Options" and scroll all the way down to the end of the page, you can select "Old Control Panel" on the far right. Then go to the "Edit Your Profile" link in blue. Weirdly, the changes won't appear in the Biography text box once you return to the New Control Panel, but if you view your Author Page as a reader, the changes will appear there.

I've been having the same issue, but going back and making edits under the Old Control Panel seems to have worked. If you go to "My Profile" under "Options" and scroll all the way down to the end of the page, you can select "Old Control Panel" on the far right. Then go to the "Edit Your Profile" link in blue. Weirdly, the changes won't appear in the Biography text box once you return to the New Control Panel, but if you view your Author Page as a reader, the changes will appear there.

I followed your advice and managed to update my bio. The problem now is that I’m stuck on the old control panel. When I log in I’m taken to the old panel and then have to click on the link at the top to take me to the new panel. I’ve logged in and out several times thinking that it might right itself by I’m still stuck with the same problem. Any suggestions as to how I can turn it back to how it was?

I followed your advice and managed to update my bio. The problem now is that I’m stuck on the old control panel. When I log in I’m taken to the old panel and then have to click on the link at the top to take me to the new panel. I’ve logged in and out several times thinking that it might right itself by I’m still stuck with the same problem. Any suggestions as to how I can turn it back to how it was?

Huh. Weird. Once I switched back to the New Control Panel, it stayed that way, although that could be because I try to avoid letting my browser save cookies from websites unless I specifically allow it. (BTW, in case you're unsure, cookies are instructions a website sends and stores on your computer and/or browser to remind it of your preferred settings.) You should be able to Google how to clear your specific browser of cookies. Typically, it involves going to your browser "Settings" under "Privacy."

Back