Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Old 08-10-2018, 05:35 AM   #1
slimv
Virgin

Story Submission + Search Friendly

One of my friends has been submitting chapters of his story to Literotica. The last two chapters don't seem to show up in Literotica's search engine. I'm searching for words that I know are in the story because I proof read the story for him. I'm using a time frame of new- one week or earlier.

How can this be? Is he forgetting to check off on some kind of search permission before submitting his stories.

This is a smoking fetish story written by Rvon. Searchable words would include "cigarettes, librarian, Angela". I think he's doing a superb job writing his story, but a story without readers is a lonely story. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

-sv

Old 08-10-2018, 05:37 AM   #2
Jada59
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimv View Post
One of my friends has been submitting chapters of his story to Literotica. The last two chapters don't seem to show up in Literotica's search engine. I'm searching for words that I know are in the story because I proof read the story for him. I'm using a time frame of new- one week or earlier.

How can this be? Is he forgetting to check off on some kind of search permission before submitting his stories.

This is a smoking fetish story written by Rvon. Searchable words would include "cigarettes, librarian, Angela". I think he's doing a superb job writing his story, but a story without readers is a lonely story. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

-sv
Maybe I'm just an idiot but I've never been able to get the search to work. But... If you can find his name, you should be able to find his work.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!

Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
slimv
Virgin

Search Example

No, Jada. Here is an example. As expected the author uses the word "cigarette" multiple times. When I do an advanced search using the word "cigarette", choose text and title, and then request a date of one week or newer, the story should appear in the results because it was recently published.

Other stories within the identical parameters show up, but his does not. The same thing happened on his previous submission that came after the new Literotica search look. Before the new design look, this wasn't an issue.

It's been a long time since I've personally submitted a story, so I'm wondering if anything in the process has changed that would prevent a search of words used in the text of the story.

-sv

Old 08-10-2018, 07:29 AM   #4
Jada59
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimv View Post
No, Jada. Here is an example. As expected the author uses the word "cigarette" multiple times. When I do an advanced search using the word "cigarette", choose text and title, and then request a date of one week or newer, the story should appear in the results because it was recently published.

Other stories within the identical parameters show up, but his does not. The same thing happened on his previous submission that came after the new Literotica search look. Before the new design look, this wasn't an issue.

It's been a long time since I've personally submitted a story, so I'm wondering if anything in the process has changed that would prevent a search of words used in the text of the story.

-sv
Sorry. I can't help you. Hopefully someone else can.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!

Old 08-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
HectorBidon
Experienced

In your search terms you entered "Angela" instead of "Angelina". When you put "Angelina" the story comes up as it should.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #6
HectorBidon
Experienced

The story also comes up with "cigarette" and one week or newer. It's at the top of the list, and it says the story only came out today. So maybe it's just a matter of taking some time for the search tables to be updated with each day's new stories.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #7
slimv
Virgin

Thanks, Hector

Thanks, Hector. I suppose patience is a good thing.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #8
slutindianwife
Literotica Guru

Hmmmmmmmm
I seek serious long time Role Players for long term role play only. If you do not know what is RP, if you are not serious about RP, if you have no time to spend hours daily online to RP – DO NOT EVEN BOTHER TO MESSAGE me! I have no interest in showing you my cam or getting your Hi messages or knowing about you or dating you or fucking you! I also do not have any interest in your frustrated messages or rude messages – I just block such people!
RP will be via email only!!
Fantasize with me at WORK…

The Delivery Guy Cometh

Cuckold Hubby for long term detailed RP

Mom Son long term detailed RP

Wife Hubby long term detailed RP

Aunt nephew long term detailed RP

Sister Brother long term detailed RP

Seeking A Nice Patient Man for BDSM Online Role Play

Pix of me