Writing Goal for the Day?

I do everything I can not to write from a detailed description of a character. The identification to character I want is in the reader's mind, not mine.
 
Double damn. In cleaning up my office I've come up with yet another notebook page with extensive background notes for a story that doesn't include even a basic plotline--and, again, I don't know if I've written the story up or not. (I have an extensive file of written but not reviewed or edited yet stories.) Note to self: include some form of plotline when you do this, dummy.

I work backwards to you. I start with my plotline and any twists and turns I think will work. I develop characters later to fit the story and notes on their characteristics and traits. Once I have those basic elements, the story is easy to shape into a work in progress, where I can adjust and change on the fly.

Interesting stuff. When I'm writing erotica, I tend to start with knowing where I want to go and with whome. Along the way, I've spending most of my time trying to make it believable. If I get bogged down, I'll re-write. If I'm not happy about how I'm getting there, I'll back-up and try again.
 
I write off of vision or an image that gets into my head. I expand the image into who are they and how did they get there.

Most often I start with barely more than what I want it to be and it seems to tell itself.

I do that 'movie' thing too. Once the basis for the story is thought out, I get the camera rolling and see how it plays out. I'll change a character's looks if I don't think it looks right, or change the action sequence if it doesn't play out well. Sometimes the scenery is worth describing, adding some texture and other elements come into the picture that I hadn't thought of.
 
Today will be dedicated to writing. I have two projects I need to finish, and that plot bunny that bit me a few days ago is still giving me nips because I haven't had much time to work on it. One more day, bunny, let me finish my other projects and then I can dedicate myself to you!
 
13500 words into the secnd chapter and writing like mad and my fucking RA has to flair up in my fingers. So not fair.:mad:
 
13500 words into the secnd chapter and writing like mad and my fucking RA has to flair up in my fingers. So not fair.:mad:

That sucks! Have you thought about having a back up for times like these, like the speech to text programs?

My wife likes to pace when she works out her speeches and has Dragon, but for me it's never worked well.

Then again if I had a physical issue I might try harder to make it work. Just a thought, I know its frustrating when the muse is singing and you can't take full advantage
 
I finished part two to my bdsm novel yesterday and my plan today was to step back from it and work on a group sex story based on an idea my wife jotted down.

However after a couple of paragraphs I found myself back to the novel and have done around 2k on it.

On a side note-as I certainly don't want to start yet another thread about it- how long for stories these days?

I submitted to have a story deleted 5 days ago and it has not gone through yet.

I have only posted two stories this year and one was a contest entry so it posted overnight. My other one back in early January took six days.
 
I have finally gotten to write something besides my SRPs. It's been a stressful week, so I've only had time to concentrate on those blips of writing, but I've done some writing every day, so that's a good thing!

Today though I have (so far) kept my yahoo off and am working on my usual fluttering back and forth through Lit. and writing stories. I've finished some of Kismet and am working now on my mixed genre story.
 
That sucks! Have you thought about having a back up for times like these, like the speech to text programs?

My wife likes to pace when she works out her speeches and has Dragon, but for me it's never worked well.

Then again if I had a physical issue I might try harder to make it work. Just a thought, I know its frustrating when the muse is singing and you can't take full advantage

I looked into them, but the reviews weren't promising enough to get them. I just rubbed some arthritic cream on and did a big bong of herb and it's calming down. Might give it a go later if the fingers aren't stinging too much.
 
I looked into them, but the reviews weren't promising enough to get them. I just rubbed some arthritic cream on and did a big bong of herb and it's calming down. Might give it a go later if the fingers aren't stinging too much.

Yeah, it gets better, but you have to use it a lot. You also have to be a good speaker and not always be saying ummm, and uhhh and until it gets used to your speech pattern it will start assuming words and can come up with some screwed up things.
 
Well, after a lot of heating and rubbing, creams and herb, I got the fingers to work enough to finish chapter 2 of A Life Moves In and submitted it. Started the first chapter of V.A.S.T. and getting that underway. Figured out the right sequence of events and made notes for ch 50 of BotC. No shortage of writing to do here. :)
 
I haven't heard back from my new editor, so I think I may read over DM3 one last time and submit without further input. After that, I hope to get 1000 words on LWTR.
 
When I get back home, I'm going to work on finding a missing file - I do hope it is on the other computer.

Also I want to work on something different. I've got one big project that is a wonderful story, but I need something else. I see some decluttering of my flash drive in my future as well.
 
Okay -- I have notes from my beta reader on one story. I wrote some ideas down for others. Priorities are the hockey story, and I offered to contribute to a collection of stories with a theme of "a castle." Now if I can just find a plot bunny for a castle of some kind, I'd be in business. The trick with that story (once I have a plot) is keeping it under 5k words.

So now I have stuff to work on... but when?
 
Naming all of the characters in a mainstream novel today as preparation and reading over the plotline of a pen name novella to get started writing that as well. Having trouble with deciding the twentieth story to write for a habu anthology I wanted to have drafted by the end of this month.

Volume two of habu's Clint Folsom Compendium should launch in the next day or two.

My publishers have been busy rechecking and "fixing up" tags, blurbs, and excerpts on all of my books at ARE and Smashwords to make sure they comply with new "what we won't sell" rules. Some loose wording in the blurb of one caused it to be deactivated this morning, but it's fixed and back on the ARE list. So, thus far I haven't lost any titles in this this crackdown. It's times like this that I'm grateful to have publishers to do this admin work for me so I am free to write.
 
Submitted DM3 yesterday. It's already up to 40 phantom views. Last one hit 64 before it finally posted.

Completed 1200 words on LWTR today. Not a huge output, but good enough, especially after working through a little blockage that has held me up since Friday.
 
Eureka. Over night my mind dropped the plotline for the twentieth and last short story I need for an anthology. I'll write that up today.

Also, during the night ARE apparently deactivated another one of my books in the current smut crackdown issue--but before I was awake, my publisher had made word adjustments and it's back up. So, so far my publishers are keeping up with this and negating any fallout on my published books.

This morning a Nude Day contest story theme hit me to, so I've written notes on that so I'm not forgetting another story by not writing it up right away.
 
Not sure what to make of my latest submissions. Ch 1 was submitted and given 8 views by bots and rejected for spelling, yet it's done with spellcheck and only a few slang words are used that might have caused it. I re-submitted it with notes to say that and a day later, I submitted chapter 2 It now has 28 views by bots, but no decision yet. I hope they don't screw up and post 2 before 1, which hasn't changed from 8 views.

I bet they're trying to figure out the style I wrote it in. I thought I'd try something different and used more dialogue than story, with no descriptors to say who's saying what. I let the personalities of the character denote who says what.
 
There's no evidence that the bot views mean anything at all.

Probably the fast way to get to the chase on a rejection like this is to ask another set of eyes to look at it. They often can see a problem you didn't see when writing and reviewing it because you were too close to it. That said, spellcheck isn't the end all/be all of proper spelling either.
 
Last edited:
After spending last night and most of today (admittedly when I was supposed to be working) composing e-mails to the powers that be in RI and one to my wife's God mother to send around to the politicians in Ma (when you were Tip O' Neils personal secretary for 20+ years you have some serious coneections still rolling around) dealing with this countries financial institutions suddenly deciding what we are allowed to read, write, buy and sell, I have settled down and gotten back to my BDSM novel.

Surprisingly I have picked up where I left off, and have lost no momentum. I may not be gifted with some of the natural abilities others have, but my ability to "lock on" to something is second to none.
 
There's no evidence that the bot views mean anything at all.

Probably the fast way to get to the chase on a rejection like this is to ask another set of eyes to look at it. They often can see a problem you didn't see when writing and reviewing it because you were too close to it. That said, spellcheck isn't the end all/be all of proper spelling either.

There's always a bit of conflict in Canadian English and American English, we love to use useless U's in words, like colour and write centre, instead of center and such.
 
There's always a bit of conflict in Canadian English and American English, we love to use useless U's in words, like colour and write centre, instead of center and such.

It would be good to know if British English does indeed make the bot burp.
 
I'm going to work on Kismet Ch. 14 as well as rewrite the naughty, sexy bit I lost the other day for a story I am plugging away at. I am very excited about it and want it over in a good way - lol - but I take my breaks and send it to someone to look over and then go back to it so I don't rush the story. :)
 
Back
Top