"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

As you have read a few of my posts now … I think you are starting to get a really good idea of my personality. And you might be able to answer the following question by yourself. “Cassandra, how did you manage to get warmed up so fast?”

The answer … MY HATRED OF THIS CARLA BITCH warmed me right up!! I was about ready to deck her … she was so dumb and self-centered … I could not believe it!

I listened to Ria and ate some food and was warm enough to rub my own legs and arms again. I got up and out of the van … It helped to walk around … seemed to warm me up too. I was only wearing Kip’s shirt and my panties that was it. I did not even have shoes on. Dan, the other person Ria had rescued from the party van, gave me the once over with his eyes. He seemed to be drinking in my voluptuous figure … like a fine wine … staring at my sexy ass and the jiggle of my big breasts.

Carla saw it too and was even more whining “Is this a strip show or something … Can that SLUT get some cloth on … her nakedness offends me!”

That was it … I could not take it anymore … I walked over to Dan, her friend, and placed my hand on his crotch feeling his bulge … swelling and hardening. “Dan does not seem offended” I said “Maybe if you weren’t such a skinny whining self-centered bitch … he’d look at you too!” I said.

Carla was sooo pissed she was about to attack me, when John stepped in between “STOP IT … everyone … there are zombies nearby … let’s keep our voices down. Cassandra … here are pants and shoes … I think they will fit. Let’s all keep our voices down!” he ordered. I slipped into the oversized pants and shoes. I had to admit John had been right. So I apologized “Sorry John, your right … I was being stupid”

“How can I help?” I ask pretty ashamed by my behavior.
 
Team one

I shook my head only the slightest bit at Cassandra after I had opened my eyes again. I could understand her, but this was not helping us! I was grateful John had stopped her, the quarrel, and that not I had to step between them to stop it.

Carla was still muttering niceties, but so under her breath now, we (I) were able to ignore it.

"How you can help, Cassandra? We split up in teams, two, three persons in each, Carla keeps watch here and we get some gas."

"Those cars seems locked." Thomas said. "What if a car alarm goes off if we break them open?" Dan had a solution.

"Open the front door, and pull the lever for the hood. I will stop the alarm in no-time then. So no two teams, but one."

I thought for a moment, and decided he and Thomas would open cars and drain gas, with Skip as look out, and Cassandra and I would transport the gas and stuff we would find inside the cars and fill our cars, with John as our look-out.

The first car Thomas decided upon, didn't sound an alarm however, and quickly Dan filled the two jerricans while Thomas opened the trunk. He took out a golf bag filled with a lot of irons! He grinned, put a golf ball down and shot it at a zombie which dropped down immediately. I had to grin. Thomas seemed to like what he had done since he put an other ball down. Skip took an iron, and so did we. Then Cassandra, John and I made our way back ever so slowly -while Dan started to fill the milk can, rinsing it with some gas first- now each armed with a nice golf club. I was pulling the golf bag -luckily it had wheels- and Cassandra carried a sports bag.

Carla was not keeping a look out however, she had climbed inside 'her' van, was slunching behind the wheel.

"I got the keys ..." John whispered and I had to stifle a giggle rising up. I glanced over to Cassandra. And had to look back very quickly, otherwise I would not have been able to stifle that giggle very long.

Grinning I emptied most of my jerrican in the big van, John opened its back door and put the stuff we had found inside.

"Its full of goodies," he whispered when he came out again. "Crates, big plastic transport boxes and a big fridge!We could empty some transport boxes and take them in the restaurant, fill them, much quicker than if we had to look for boxes there!"

We walked over to one of the zombies Thomas had killed, I douched it, set fire to it. Only when it was burning I realized this had been a young boy once. Startled I also realized I had stopped to see zombies as the human beings they once were some time today. I just saw them as things we had to kill ...

Now I had to stop myself from sobbing, suddenly I found myself mourning for all these people.

"Cassandra, help me pull some others onto this, lets make a big pile, please." I managed to say very hoarsely.

A shy-ish smile grew on my face when I heard a police siren in the not to far distance and a gun shot, soon followed by another and then silence before I heard an engine start after a minute.

We just started on the second car when engine noise indicated the car was nearing us.
 
Bar and Grill

Daniel said he would take care of making some Molotovs...he already had made a few at Knights yesterday. He went about looking for the materials he would be needing, meaning some glass bottles of which there was plenty in the bar. He gathered some dish rags and took some high percentage alcohol, then set to work making a half dozen bombs. When he was done, he filled his pockets with matches and some disposable lighters.

Meanwhile, Derry, Amy and Bobby had been busy looking for food, there was a kitchen off the main bar. Inside they came across...a well stacked frig. and a freezer. Derry stood back with her hands on her hips remarking,

"Well well, looks like we hit the jackpot with this place. Now we really do need a van to cart all this good food. I just wish we had this freezer and frig at Knights."

She hit the heel of her hand on her forehead, this is exactly what they needed, a frig and freezer, and of course a stove too. She looked at the one in the kitchen....too big, but the frig and freezer, were manageable, depending on the size of the van. She decided to give Cassandra a ring, to let her know her thoughts plus she wanted to hear her friend's voice. Dialing up ...she listened to it ring a few times before she heard Cassandra's voice. Trying to keep her voice down in her excitement, Derry talked,

"Cassandra...are you OK....I was so worried about you. OK...OK..tell me all about it later, I just am glad your alive. For now I have an idea to run past you and Ria. In the bar we found a small kitchen, with a fully stocked frig and small freezer. Do you think we could get them in your van? I know it won't be easy, but it's worth a try. Then if this works, we could maybe pick up a stove at some point. What do you think? Just run my idea by the others and we will see if it's feasible."
 
Cassandra, golf and zombie

I was keeping busy on watch as the other team members started to play golf. No … that was not a typo … GOLF! I think there is a joke in here somewhere … how about … that is just par for the coarse! Or maybe "getting hit in the head with a golf ball ... is like adding a stroke! LOL

I continued to watch for any approaching zombies, Kip came over and gave me a fist bump. He whispered to me “Nice move on that self-centered Bitch! She desevered it!” I smiled “Thanks … but I should not have done it.” I added. Then I turned to face him better “Thanks for warming me up …” I said and leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I think you saved my life!

“Don’t mention it … it was my pleasure” He said. Based on how hard his cock was when he was hugging me ... i think it was his pleasure!

At this point Ria asked me over to help her move some bodies to the fire she created. We built up a nice pile and then my cell phone rang. It was Derry.

“Hey girlfriend!” I said in good spirits. “You can’t believe the self-centered people I’m meeting today” I was trying to explain to her, but she cut me off asking about the refrigator idea.

“Well we have the employee break area refrigerator that can hold a lot … but another one is always good.” I suggested. “I think we need to get Thomas or john to hot wire another van for all the food you have over there. We should be leaving here pretty soon and you are two blocks away. See you in a bit.”

I could see everyone packing up getting ready to move out as I heard the police car approaching. There was a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Dan, Carla (the bitch) friend. “Cassandra … I’m sorry for the way Carla acted … she should not have called you a slut.” He said. “Well, I’m sorry for what I said … although I do think she needs to try to help other humans out … there are not too many of us left.” I told him.

“What?” He said.

“Yes … being stuck on the top of the van you probably don’t know … but the whole world has gone through this zombie transformation. This is now the new normal. We are still hoping the army will shows up … but I’m starting to think that is not happening.” I explain. He looked pretty shocked. “The whole world!” He asked again "Yes” I said.
 
Team one

"A great idea from Derry! We need a lot of fridges, and even more freezers. The kitchen downstairs is much to small though. I am afraid we have to cook on wood quite soon. That wouldn't be possible down there. We would suffocate! How about that room between the entrance doors? That is pretty big, that browsing room ... What if we store our food there, fridges and freezers too, and put a stove in there? And some grills, a smoker grill maybe? The smoke would move out, into the big hall ..." After this I was quiet for a moment, thoughts running through my brain.

"I hope we find some grills in the garden shop tomorrow! And chainsaws and handsaws and such."

I didn't think Cassandra had heard my words, since she was talking to Dan, when I said them. I leaned in, to tell her again.

"Problem is," I told her, "I am afraid we won't have power very long. But the freezers would keep the meat until we would have smoked and dried it all, I hope!"

Dan seemed lost in thoughts.

"All over the world?" He then said hoarsely. "And you think we will lose power?" He then asked me. I nodded.

"You could run the freezers on solar energy." He offered a solution. "Or on the energy stored in car batteries. I could rig it up for you. But before I have to go home, I don't know what happened to my folks! Couldn't reach them, my phone is empty!"

Silently I handed him my phone. He shook his head.

"I don't know their numbers! I always press on the list I have in my phone!"

"Then you should load your phone as soon as we are back in the library. I am sure we have a fitting adapter somewhere. The Lost & Found ..." I tried to cheer him up.

Our surroundings were free of zombies at that time, all were lying down, or burning already. Bart's car -I hoped it was Bart- had moved away. I was not sure, if he was planning to take out more zombies or if he was in trouble ...
 
Lex

Lex was bored. He had eaten until he was full and had a few drinks too. Secure his area better and made up a nice sleeping area. But after that. What could he do? Not much. So he started to think about the people in the Knight Library. How could he get them out of there faster? A plan started to form, a good plan ...

Peter

Peter watched as Cassandra rode the bicycle in front of the wave of zombies, all of them chasing her, then she passed out of sight. There was a big cheer from many of the people in the library. Even some of the kids were high fiving each other. One of the girls turned to another and said “When I grow up I’m going to be just as brave as Cassandra!”

Peter knelt down next to the two girls “Everyone in this library has been very brave. Especially you two! Thanks for everything you’ve done!” He said looking at both girls. They each had big smiles on their faces.

Peter was wondering if he had made the wrong choice … not letting Cassandra come to the library. He really hoped she made it through this alive … it would be good for the library morale … but when she got back there might be a quite a scene between him and her. He’d have to think of a way to handle it. He looked up and noticed how excited and happy people were. Cassandra little bike ride had improved morale a lot, after the food had turned up missing … people had been pretty depressed.

Max walked up to him grinning “She is something else ... isn’t she?” He asked. Peter nodded “I think everyone that went outside are pretty special. Ria, Derry, John, Kip, Daniel and Thomas.” That gave him an idea, he turned to Max “we should plan a little speech or something for everyone … to thank them for such a good day!” Peter suggested.

Max grinned “even Cassandra … she might deck you … while you thank her!”

Peter ran his hands through his thick healthy hair … combing it back. “She has a bit of a temper!” He stated.

Max laughed “I remember a nurse from Nam … Maj “BB” Willaims, “BB” was our nickname for her … stood for big breasts … she was at a medical hospital 5 miles from Cambodian border … and they needed to evac a patient, It was a night flight, and the helicopter could not use lights. She heard a noise like the kid has got a sucking chest wound. So she did the only thing she could and found the kid’s face and gave him mouth to mouth … trying to help him breathe! But the kid just had a whoopee cushion in his back pocket ... that was what had made the “sucking chest” wound noise … he was not really wounded in that way …” Max said laughing.

“When he started to kiss her back … and he grabbed her tits ... boy was she pissed! She hit him so hard ... broke his cheek bone. Kid got a second purple heart for it!” Max said shaking his head. “I think that is how Cassandra is going to be with you! Peter” Max said.

“Thanks … you got any more good news?” Peter asked.

“Well yes and no” Max said. “We found a stash of food from the first heist, the one where I got my head bumped, while we were searching for Lex. We have recovered that food and it is now storied in a safe place.”

Peter nodded “That is good news … And Lex … have we found him?” Peter asked.

“No … and we have searched everywhere. He is not in the library.” Max concluded. “More bad news … you know that female teacher … Susan Lowers … she has locked herself into the audio listening room. The room is sound proof and I can’t open the door. I have not told anyone else besides you … but I think it could be bad.” Max said.

“OH that is just great!” Peter said.
 
At the Knight

Paul
A look-out

I was at the stadium when hell broke loose. People had been overly nervous, a lot of fights had erupted over stupid things, but then, I was looking at some people and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. One was biting the other! Not just biting, he swallowed a chunk he had bitten out off his arm. I thought I hadn’t seen right, but it was only two rows below me. I gasped, got sick and gagged. The hotdog I had eaten came out in big lumps. My father growled, and I thought it was because some of my hotdog had landed on his shoe.

“Did you see that!” I retched again. He just growled. “Hey! I cant help it okay? That is gross!” Why do you always feel two years old when your parents are around at such times? His only reaction was another growl and his hand on my arm. He held me so hard I could feel his nails through my sweatshirt. He was pulling my arm towards him. When I looked I saw dribble running down his chin.

“You got to puke too?” I asked. “Turn your head, dad!”

He didn’t. He tried to bite me. I hit him in his face. He let go of my hand, and I made my way out off the stadium. I don’t remember how. Then I just ran. Others where running beside, behind and in front of me. I saw how a woman tackled another woman ahead of me. When she was lying on the ground, the other one crawled on top of her. When I jumped over them, I saw how the one on top was biting in her cheek. The noise around me was deafening. Police horns, shouting, screams of pain, of fear, thudding feet, jasping and retching.

Somehow I made it over a bridge. And kept running. Once or twice I nearly fell down, once I had to puke, and then I was running over a cemetery. I realized it was the Pioneer Cemetery, and that I was at the university.

I entered the Knight, knew I wouldn’t make it home, the security guard was ordering everybody out, but I ignored him, hid myself in a toilet stall. All those hands trying to grab me … The growling …

After a long while I came out, heard nothing, and then doors slid shut. It seemed heavy doors, and someone was yelling we had to block the emergency exits with bookcases. I drank some water, splashed some in my face and went down to make sure nobody would enter here.

Much later, Peter took charge, asked who would be look out or such, and I volunteered. As did some others: TD, Lee and Andrea and Kip, just a girl and a young guy that wouldn’t be of much use, among them.

The whole night and the next day we didn’t do anything else than patrolling the building. About thirty people were inside, a bunch of children and women. They got even as much food as we did! Only a few men, and most of them seemed so busy with themselves that they wouldn’t be able to do something useful when the horrors would enter.

We needed guns.

And then, on Monday, two groups got out to get food. I wanted to go, but when I saw who was going, I decided to stay. One group was led by the old Dutch teacher. They had no weapons at all, only some table legs and toys. One had the stripper and another girl in. They had wrought some bows and arrows! Bows and arrows against zombies!

Just out of the door the first bunch lost one of them.

Only after about a quarter of an hour they wanted to come back in again. They brought some useless stuff, and a child and a dog. I cringed when I saw that.

The nut-heads even went out again. They even made Peter and Cramer help them burn some zombies. I asked why, since they would rot away anyway.

“Because of the stench and the risk of cholera and such?” snapped Andrea at me. I sighed. And walked away from her. Why Peter had me teamed up with her, I didn’t know. TD and I would make a much better team. Or Lee and I.

“Cholera! Any other Third-world things popping up in your smart head?”

She ran after me. And then, instead of walking beside me, she grabbed my shoulders!
She shook me! I grabbed her hands, but suddenly I was on the ground, she on top of me!

“Do I have to beat some sense in you?” She was sitting on my legs, one of her arms around my neck and arm. I could only beat her of with my left hand. And then she was lying to my side, her legs wrapped around mine, her arm still around my neck and arm, and with her other hand she had my hand, bending my thumb far back.

“Knock your foot on the floor, if you can’t breath, or tap me on my shoulder with your right hand.” She told me. I was having a hard time to breath, but I certainly wouldn’t tell her that! I kept fighting her of.

“That is not tapping.” She whispered in my ear. “Are you going to stop before you hurt yourself? Or do I have to press here (somehow she pressed a finger on my throat) a bit harder, so that the blood-flow to your brain is only half of what it usually is? That might calm you down somewhat …”

She pressed a bit harder.
I tapped on her shoulder.
She lessened her grip, but didn’t let me go.

“Paul, you are scared shitless, I understand that, I am feeling exactly that way myself. But you are not cool. You are making this harder for everybody you have to work with, with your sneering and growling. You are spreading negativism onto everybody. Stop that! Or go out.” She closed her eyes a second. When she opened them again, her eyes were peering into mine again.

“Third-world things you just said. That is what we are, or even less. We don’t have a working government anymore, no working hospitals, no police, no army, no nothing. Don’t you think, that if there were some around, who could have helped us, they would have done something else as just sent a helicopter blaring the so informative and reassuring message we should stay inside yesterday?” She let go of me, slumped down on her back beside me. One arm covered her face, and I thought I heard a sob.

“My boy-friend, they got him. I was just walking over to his car, when from out of nowhere two guys jumped on him. He is as good a judoka as I am, but he couldn’t fight them of. I ran over, tried to kick and pull them away. Another one came, and tried to bite me. One was gnawing on Fred’s arm by then. And I ran away …”

I told her what my father had tried to do. She gasped hard.

“And this morning that Dutch bitch killed him!

I will make her pay for that!”

Andrea rolled over to her side, one hand she laid on my chest, on my heart.

“Paul.” She was silent for a moment. “Paul, you do know, here too (she pressed her hand on my heart) that your father died Saturday in the stadium. As did my boy-friend in front of the Starbucks. As did many others. In which way ever. You have to burry your feelings here (her hand moved to my forehead, tapped it) until it is safe enough to mourn. It is not safe to do that now. Now we have to be cool. We need weapons.”

“Yeah, we need guns!” I hissed. She shook her head. It was lying on the floor again, and I felt it more than that I saw it.

“Nope. We need bows and arrows, spears, that kind of thing. Ninja- bo and hira-shuriken. You remember how they headed for those gunshots yesterday? Noiseless killing is what we have to concentrate on. I know Cassandra has found a how-to on the internet. What if we …?”

“What are ninja hurricanes?” I wanted to know. I wasn’t sure about bows, I still would prefer a gun.

“Darts, and those pointy, star-shaped things, if you know how to throw them, they are better than knives.” She explained, now kneeling beside me. All I could do from staring at her, when she got to her feet in one fluid movement -without using her hands- was grumble something along the lines of ‘okay’.

We just started browsing, when Peter called us all to look for Lex. We didn’t find him, but we found a carton with some food in a downstairs room. We returned to the PC and got interrupted again, by yelling people. It seemed Cassandra had escaped some zombies on a bike. I noted a lot of children walking around, which was strange, because the teachers had kept them in their room pretty much all the time.
 
Cassandra, Dan, and a really nice truck!

I watched as Dan and Ria talked. He looked sad and without purpose. His phone did not work and he had no idea what had happened to his parents. I was in the same boat. I had not been able to contact them and had heard nothing from them. By now you would have thought they could have called me. But I had not given up hope … however; I also had prepared myself for the worst. I thought back to seeing that little girl zombie in the yellow dress, what if I see my dad … and he is a zombie … and I can’t kill him! The thought just creeped me out.

I shook my head … the little girl was not cute or innocent … she was a fucking monster. All these zombies were. They were fucking ugly bugs that did not belong on this planet and it was our job to remove them. Permanently!

I walked over to Dan. “Dan … come help me … we need to get a large vehicle and drive it over to Taylor’s Bar and Grille … big enough to hold lots of food and a refrigerator.” I explained.

Dan shook his head “no” and said “I need to stay with Carla”

I smiled “Dan, you can meet up with her at the Library, but right now I need your help” I said firmly. Dan said “ok” weakly

I grab his hand and we explored the parking lot … I found a purple smart car with the keys in the lock. To cheer up Dan I said “Hey what about this car?”

http://autosupershield.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/American-Smart-Car.jpg

He looked at me like I must be joking. “It would make me smarter!” I said. “I think if we leave the back open we can get the frig in!” I explained with a big silly grin on my face.

He started to smile a little and said “Based upon your comments … I think you do need something to make yourself smarter!”

I got serous again “It is nice to see you smile Dan … it’s not the end of the world … it just a zombie apocalypse!” I joked. “Now let’s find something I’d feel good about using to run over those zombie fuckers!” We looked further and found an almost new, custom painted, ford 150 extended cab truck. It was prefect. I looked around for the keys but could not find them.

http://smartwrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/commercialfleetwrapphoenix7of711.jpg

“Do you know how to hot-wire a car?” I ask Dan.

“It is pretty hard to do that these days … with the new cars.” Dan explained.

“This is the car I want … it is prefect!” I said and I looked around some more … Dan did too … than I heard Dan call out. I went over to him. There was a monster 3 delivery guy, half eaten, on the ground, still in his uniform. I bent down and searched his pockets

Dan commented “Ahhh doesn’t that gross you out?” He asked.

“You get use to it” I grinned and pulled out a set of keys! “I hope these work!”

Excited I jogged over to the truck (my big boobs boucing, which did not escape Dan's eyes) and opened up the driver’s side door. “AWESOME!” I said. Dan got in the passager side. He looked over to me “You know Cassandra … thanks” He said. I looked back at him kind of confused “Thanks for what?” I ask. “Thanks for being full of optimism and hope … I need that right now.” Dan said.

“You are welcome” I replied. I started the engine, drove out of the parking lot, waved at the others and we were gone. It took almost no time; we headed up Kincaid Street and pulled into the back area of Taylor’s Bar and Grille. We waited a bit to make sure no zombies were sneaking around and then got out. We went through the back door and found everyone packing food and preparing the refrigerator to be moved.

“Daniel!” I said as quietly as I could and ran over to him … hugging him. “You are not a zombie!”

Dan walked in behind me … as I just kept hugging Daniel as he introduced himself “Hi everyone ... I’m Dan … I’m here to help” He said.
 
Taylor's Bar and Grille

Daniel was normally a quiet guy and did not say much and helped out where he could. But the last few hours … was stretching his calm, quiet side. First it was the battle with the bar zombies and the small cut on his ear. It had been from Cassandra arrow … the paper feathering had cut his ear slightly.

But that was enough to send both women, Cassandra and Derry, into a panic! Off they went to go get anti-biotics. Those were only good for a bacterial infection … was that what the Zombie disease was? Or was it a virus … in which case those drugs really did not do anything. In either case, he felt fine … and since Peter and Thea had both been scratched and nothing happened to either of them. He was not too worried. Anyhow, he got to drink some whiskey while they were out … and he washed his ear cut out with LOTS of 190 proof alcohols. So he felt pretty good.

Big Amy and Bobby had been a big help in organizing the food items. They were taking lots of cans and non-perishable items. Then Derry showed up with the wheel chair of medical supplies. Talk about OVER kill. They could run a small field hospital with all the stuff she brought. Anyhow, Cassandra was off risking her life … while all these supplies were brought to him. It made him feel good … he was special to them … but it was getting to the point, he needed to say something.

It helped that he found out Cassandra was ok and would show up soon. And now here she was … She said “You are not a zombie!” and started hugging him. Her big breasts felt great against his chest and she was holding him tight.

Finally she separated from him looking into his eyes. She was all serious but Daniel was done being quiet and had to say something “Well, I’m not a zombie … but after that hug … I’m kind of stiff!” He grinned.

Cassandra gasped in mock horror “There are children here!!” she said laughing ... glad that Daniel was feeling good enough to make sex jokes. Cassandra headed over to Derry giving her a big hug too “Hi ... Battle Buddy” is all Cassandra said while they were hugging.

After that Daniel got serious and explained to Cassandra and Dan how everything was organized. “All that is left is to put the things in the back of the truck.”

Dan grabbed up a super soaker water gun … “Why are we taking these back to the library?” He asked. Daniel just grinned “flame throwers!”

“WHAT?” Cassandra said. Daniel was still grinning … “I guess they had wet T-shirt contests at the bar on Thursday nights … and a few lucky guys got to use these squirt guns to make the girls wet!” Cassandra cleared her throat “It was Wednesday nights and I should know I won the contest a few times!” Daniel face grew bright red “My Bad … anyhow, I’m going to modify the squirt guns when we get back to the Library into a simple gasoline fire weapon. I saw in on a u-tube video.” Daniel explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXM7j3OKII
 
Last edited:
Zombie Clowns!!! ... You have got to be KIDDING

We got the truck packed up and needed to find spots for everyone to sit in the vehicle. Derry, Dan, Daniel, Big Amy, Bobby and me. There was just too many of us. I was going to be the driver; Daniel was in the passenger seat. Dan, Big Amy and Bobby squeezed into the extend cab back seats. That left Derry to ride in the back with the refrigerator and food items. I told her we’d be driving slowly so it should not be a problem. She said that would be fine … and took her bow and arrows just in case.

We pulled out of Taylor’s Bar and Grille back parking lot and I saw a group of zombies near the Condon Hall. So I turned right instead of left to avoid them. No sense in having Zombies following us back to Knight Library. I was starting to get the idea that “no risk” Peter didn’t like zombies near the Knight. I went up Alder Street two blocks and then a left on 15th street to get back over to the Library. I thought it was a pretty good plan. Except I forgot about the Zombie Clowns!

That right … Zombie Clowns!!!! Talk about a combination to strike pure terror in anyone’s heart … Fucking Zombie Clowns! As we turned on to 15th street I saw movement in one of the residential yards … must have been some kid’s birthday party and the parents had hired clowns … now they were zombie clowns! Anyhow … suddenly I saw two clowns with big red noses, white makeup splashed across their faces, red on around their eyes and lips. Both wore colorful clothing … one in a bright yellow jumpsuit dotted with red spots, (and now some large blood spot too) with a blue wig on its head. The other clown wore a purple outfit and a multi-colored wig … both came running towards the truck … there was no way I could avoid them … they were really fast!

Quicker than I could warn Derry … they jumped onto the side of the truck, they were trying to get at Derry!
 
Last edited:
Scotty Glen

At the Knight


Luckily I was already here when I saw the news about the riot at the stadium. The security came, and ordered all out. We had to go home, it would be safer there, they said. Home! Now my home wouldn't be safe at all. I saw lots of people leave in a hurry, forgetting a jack or even their backpack, so I decided to hide for a while and then collect some good stuff.

I just had packed a nice sweater into a backpack, which already had some nice stuff like an iPhone and a wallet in it, when there was a commotion at the door. Since I was ogling another pack I didn’t pay much attention to it. Then people started to close fire doors, were running around and screaming something about zombies being at the door.

Nuts, I thought. Looked up though, and started up the PC I was standing beside. The news was absolutely crazy! I saw people gnawing on other people; over and over again, whatever news site I opened! This was serious shit. Serious, serious shit. I wouldn’t be leaving here soon! I looked in the backpack beside me, and saw a bottle of water and a sandwich. Quietly I packed it in the one I had already salvaged. The sweater I put on over my shirt, and I headed over to another chair where a lady’s purse was standing. It wasn’t a flimsy one, so the prospect of finding something good in it was quite big.

A bottle of flavored water and two healthy bars. Soon those were in my backpack.

Just as I closed it, a guy came up and told me we had to block the emergency exits with bookcases. It seemed a heavy job, but not making yourself suspicious by rejecting interaction whatsoever is the most important thing in my line of work, so I helped him.

Things calmed down somewhat after a while and the guy, Peter, held an impromptu meeting. He made himself leader, and started to deal out jobs. This time I picked an easy one: monitoring the news. The old janitor –who had been looking a bit queer at me for some time, maybe he was suspicious about why I sometimes spend so much time in here when the weather is bad and then don’t when it is nice- came up with Peter who dealt out some food later on.

“Nobody will go hungry,” Peter said, “we have enough food for a few days.”

I wanted more food then only for a few days! I have been hungry often enough.

On Sunday I saw a chance to get some more. I had to hit the janitor on his head to get it, but it was enough to sustain me for two weeks at the least, after the food would be finished if I was careful with it. I put it away in a secure spot.

And if that stupid Lex wouldn’t have done the same today (and disappeared with it!) I would still have my stack now! Of course I helped to look for him, and the food he took, and of course I told everyone who wanted to listen how happy I was that that food was found. At least two groups were foraging in the city, and I wondered if I could maneuver myself into a position where I would have access to the stuff they would bring.

Surely some people had to sort it out. I had a glance at the bags they brought in with the baby; it was an unorganized mess. If I volunteered for that job I would be rid of cleaning duties for sure. Or should I volunteer to cook …
 
Zombie Clowns and Derry!

As everyone settled down in the front I climbed into the box of the truck alongside the food and such, I really didn't feel good about being exposed like this, but had my bow and arrows so that helped me to feel a touch better. I settled down for the ride back to the library.

As we turned onto 15th street, my jaw fell open, there were Zombie clowns running around in all kinds of different colours and face paint...I watched horrified as two of them broke away from the rest and ran quickly....way too quickly to the side of the truck. Bringing one hand up to my mouth I whispered,

"Oh My God....they are going to get me!"

They jumped at the side of the truck, arms clinging, one leg over the top. I looked around for something to hit the closest one with...nothing was near enough. My bow wouldn't be of any use at this range. While hanging on with one arm this ...."Thing"...reached for me. In a panic I leaned back and brought one knee up and kicked out with all my might. My foot landed on the hand that grasped the edge of the box, it let go making his body fall downward, but the leg over the top was still there. I Kicked out one more time sending the clown on his way.

Before I could catch my breath, the other clown fell inside the box, right beside the frig. I jumped up and grabbed the door, pulling it open as hard as i could. It hit him on the head, making an awful crunching sound. He flopped down and didn't move again. Trying to catch my breath, I closed the frig door, noticing a dent and a red smudge, where it had connected with the clown head.

I looked over at the eyes of everyone in the extended cab giving them a sickly smile along with a thumb's up gesture. We kept on heading for the library, I looked at the Zombie once more to make sure it was not moving, before I went back to where I had been sitting before all this drama happened thinking, (Can't wait to get back to the library and have a nap....I think I need one ...badly.)
 
Jackie Chan?

Well … Ok … This is going to be hard to describe. The best way I can get you to imagine what happened … is for you to thinking about a Jackie Chan movie. Ok now instead of Jackie Chan … put Derry in the lead role.

With her dark green eyes flashing, she kicked one of the zombie clowns with her 5 ft. 6 in. frame … Not once, but twice … sending him falling off the truck … then with her flaming red hair flying behind her … she opened the refrigerator door … and with all her 125 lbs weight against the door, she smashed the zombie with the door. I mean she CRUSHED the zombie head with it.

It was EPIC!

And like all good heroes … she did the “smile and thumbs up gesture!” at the end. AWESOME. She was deadly and cool! Unbelievable!

I pulled up to the library with no zombies in sight. The people in the library saw the “Monster III” green truck roll up to the front of the library. I think I heard cheering … but I’m not sure it was for us … I think it might have been for the loaded of food and a refrigerator they saw. So much for being heroes! Anyhow, I did not blamed them … my stomach had been grumbling even after I had the toast and peanut butter to warm me up from my swim in 50 degree water.

The fire doors opened, Max and a few others greeted us. Everyone helped get the food out and the refrigerator set up. I had not seen Peter yet … but I was really going to give that ASSHOLE a piece of my mind, when I did!
 
Max and many of the others watched as a huge green truck drove up to the front of the library. He quickly called for help saying,

"We need some hands here, come on, especially the guys, but all will be a help....now let's getting moving!"

Everyone who had seen the truck called out to others, in no time there was a nice small crowd of people willing and able to transfer what ever the truck was loaded with. Max and Cramer opened the double doors, then everyone pitched in unloading the truck. Max being the oldest, decided he would be best off if he just directed where to put things for now. He noticed a new guy plus a young boy and teen aged girl. Derry jumped out of the box of the truck, saying

"Would somebody get that clown out of the truck!"

Max made his way over to where Derry had pointed, saw a Zombie Clown, that looked very dead and thought to himself, (Now there is a story I can't wait to hear.) He soon went back to directing the unloading, from the corner of his eye he spotted Peter coming in, he soon joined in the moving of goods indoors. Max took one look at Cassandra and Derry, holding his breath he waited for the fireworks to unfold. But it looked like the two girls were going to save it until the unloading was finished.

They were soon down to getting the frig and freezer out, it was not too much trouble having all the young men able and willing. Daniel closed the tailgate of the truck, got in it and parked it over to the side before making his way back inside. They then closed and locked the doors. Max looked all the goods over as well as the appliances. Thinking the best place for it all would be the storage room just off the main doors, plus it wouldn't take long to haul it all in there. He thought, (Since I have the only set of keys, it should be safe from theft. He told the people to start moving everything into the storage room to the left of the double doors.

There were groans but they did as they were told. Max took the opportunity to walk over to the girls, who had been standing to the side discussing something....probably how they wanted to get their hands around Peter's neck. He smiled trying to put on his best charm,

"Hi girls, you did an outstanding job...getting all this food and those appliances too......but I see your pretty steamed up. Maybe you both should go and get cleaned up before you speak to Peter. That way you will have some time to look at both sides....yours and well Peter's."

Max put up his arms in surrender as he got the evil eye from the both of them adding,

"OK...OK...I said my piece, but just think about what I said...OK?"

He then want back to directing where the various goods should be placed. The freezer was already plugged in and running. The frig would take some extra work, with that extra large plug, but he knew something about electrical jobs, so figured he would be able to handle it.
 
Team one

We watched Cassandra and Dan mount the truck and drive away. Some quietly mumbled well wishes and goodbyes. I hoped they would be safe. And careful. By now I knew how impulsive Cassandra could be sometimes. I hoped that wouldn’t bring her and others in danger. Until now she had been very lucky. I slapped my hand against my face and cursed; I hadn’t told her how to drive to distract the zombies! Bart’s method of stopping the engine and cruise for as long as the wheels would turn had proven to be very effective when Thomas had done it too.

We were still standing close together in the protected space the two in V-formation parked cars created. In the distance we heard some gunshots, a car engine soon after that. Other gunshots, and some screaming, farther away. Other survivors I thought. Dogs starting to bark. Some chickens cackled agitated and some ducks quacked, a rooster crowed. Very nearby. Not on the waterside, but from behind some shrubbery on the other side of the main road.

“Are we still waiting for the officer?” John asked quietly. I glanced at my watch, and astonished I saw only twenty minutes had passed since Bart had called. I nodded.

“Shall we get those chickens before they attract zombies with their noise?” We held council, took a vote and Thomas, Skip and John went over with a plastic crate out of the party van. Only Carla had voted against it. She was still sitting behind the wheel of her van. Some slow zombies were milling around, but they took no notice of the three men walking so slowly they almost seemed to stand still. I kept my eyes on them, my catapult at the ready. Suddenly a quick zombie came along and at once headed for the three men who had almost reached the shrubbery.

I shot, missed, shot again, Carla started to scream for the keys to her car at the top of her voice, I hit the zombie, some slow ones were looking in our direction and heading over, I slapped Carla, told her to be quiet, John shot at the quick zombie, hit it, I hit it, it toppled over. The slow zombies seemed distracted by that. I shot one, Thomas hit one while Skip stomped the fallen quick zombie, which was getting up on the head. It fell again. Thomas and John dragged two now deader slow ones on top of it, while Skip stomped it on the head a few more times. Two other slow zombies I shot in the head, and got dragged over as well.

Then they walked over to the bushes again and disappeared. Some more cackling and quacking and then silence. The men came back, Thomas and Skip carrying the crate between them.

They put it down at my feet, and John took the jerrican I had taken from our van, and headed over to the pile with Thomas while Skip told me the poultry seemed to be glad to feel hands on their bodies, that only three had tried to fly away and that only two had succeeded.

“The rooster we have, two chickens and four ducks,” he said content. “The rooster and the chickens are enormous and black all over. I am not sure if the ducks are healthy,” He said soberly, “they have red faces with warts all over them.”

“We will ask Cramer before we cook them. If he doesn’t know, we will do an internet search.” I assured him. He then wanted to know why I had told them to be careful while catching them, if I wanted to cook them? Only then I heard the very low chackling and rustling in the crate. The animals were in sleep-mode because of the darkness inside the box. Because the men had walked so slowly, the poultry hadn’t seen a reason to raise hell. Another twenty minutes had passed, I saw and I started to wonder if Bart would be coming. Forty minutes …

“Lets get in.” John said, after he had put the crate in the van and emptied three others without a cover on them. “It is late afternoon now. A quarter of an hour to get stuff out and pack the van if no alarm sounds. If it does, we jump in the cars and go to the Knight.”

Silently I handed him my crowbar and he set it in the crack of the door.
 
Cassandra and Derry

“Max … had one good idea … Let’s take a shower” I suggested to Derry. She smiled and agreed.

We both headed for the make shift shower room. As we entered I locked the door behind us. I stripped off my clothing, while Derry set the water temperature and we both stepped into the shower. The warm water felt great and washed away some of my angry at Peter.

Derry cute slim body was in front of me … and I’m not sure what came over me … maybe being chased by zombies all day is an aphrodisiac! And I also have to tell you, I love men … but seeing her sexy body … I felt the need to ask her “Shall I start with your back?”

I could see surprise in Derry's face … but she agreed “Sure” she said. I soaped up my hands and gently washed her back … my hands slid around her waist, feeling her curves and then up to her perfect perky breasts. I washed them clean.

She turned around to face me “Thanks, my turn” she said … and her soapy hands started to wash my front as she got to my breasts, she giggled “OH MY … I’m going to need more soap!”

“Ha Ha … very funny” I told her … She soaped up my breasts and I’m sure she felt my nipples get hard.

Then she pulled her hands back. “I’ve got an idea” I told her as I pressed my body against her. “I call this a body massage” I told her grinning. As our bodies rubbed up against each other. Her beautiful firm breasts … and a super slim waist rubbed up against my voluptuous body. It felt great and then she turned around …rubbed her soapy ass cheeks against my crotch. I reached around and took her breasts in my hands and teased her sensitive nipples. She arched her back and leaned her head against my shoulder as my hands tugged at her nipples. She continued to move her ass up and down gently against my crotch. The warm water cascading over our bodies … dripping off our pussy lips.

Derry’s whole body was tight, an exquisite display of fitness. I could hardly contain myself. I wanted to ravage her. Standing in the shower our bodies soapy, lubed, ready for the carnal activities that were about to commence. In the back of my mind I kept saying … I love men and always would … But the warmth of the shower and the glorious sight of Derry’s succulent body drove all ability to think “straight” out of my mind, and I gave in to lust and passion.

I took one of my hands and rubbed it back and forth, against Derry’s pussy lips and clit. Her moans grew as I got bolder and rubbed her faster. Soon her body shuddered in orgasm as she moaned. I had made her cum! She turned so we were now face to face. A big smile on her face. I knew it was my turn next!
 
The late Bart?


Brains, blood and entrails gushed over the windshield I swerved the car into the main group of zombies. The windshield wipers smeared the thick green puss so thickly that it was impossible to see through it. Flicking the car into reverse I smashed another three of the group as I sped backwards. One flew away from the boot, or at least his head and torso did, but his legs and the other two bodies disappeared under the car. The sickening sound of the bones cruching made my stomach lurch. Then the car stopped. The engine revving, but no motion. Ahead of me where the main pack had been I could make out movement, but the bloody mess on the windshield made it impossible to count the numbers. They were heading my way. Sitting waiting for them wasn't an option. No help was coming from the group in the street, and the guys from the university were waiting, but wouldn't risk there necks for me. At least not yet. Getting out of the car, careful not to get the blood and puss on my hands, I put my shoulder into the doorframe. Pushing with my right foot on the ground while gunning the engine with my left. Looking up I could see eight zombies heading straight for me.

My shoulder stung, hard metal biting at muscle and bone. My right calf burning with the life and death effort. Finally movement! The car moved. The tyres bit into the tarmac. The car left. Losing grip on the steering wheel I fell onto the floor, my head rattling off the concrete. I need to, need to, get up. My head spinning I look up to see two fast moving zombies just feet away. Training takes over my hand flys to my hip, flicking the safety strap. Now the gun in my hands, and four rounds into the two closest zombies. They flop to the ground, still.

The car is slowly coasting along about fifty yards away. Standing I feel the pain in my legs. Now I need to make a choice. Walk or run to the car? The noise seems to have attracted all the zombies for miles around. Zombies but no help. Decision made. I move to the car as fast I can. Its not fast. If the engine stalls I'm dead. The zombie horde is catching me with every step, closer and closer. My head clearing I remember my new toy. A wan smile opens on my face as I turn. From my jacket I pull a wide bore-pistol. As I pull the trigger I hear a pop rather than a bang. A red streak bursts through the lead zombie and embeds in the second. In seconds the bright red flame bursts from its chest. The fire distracts the group, thankfully.

I make it to the car exhausted. Its still running. My foot is on the floor before the door is closed. I leave the zombies behind. I smile to myself, "you know, you might be old but you've still got flare." I'm late for my appointment with the surviving group at the university. It only takes a few minutes to get there. As I turn the corner I cut the engine and coast quietly to the group. Pulling up next to Ria I wind the window down "need a ride? "

I'd share the story of the girl being chased by the pack of zombies later. Saving her had nearly got me killed, but for I'm just happy to see another human face.
 
Last edited:
Team One

I gasped as the car came near. It was dented, full of zombie blood and yucky things.

"Need a ride?" Bart said when he opened the window.

"Getting yourself eaten is a nice diversion, Officer," Skip commented before I could close my mouth. "Would have slowed a lot of zombies down if you had pulled it through. Why did you break it of?" I shot a sharp look at Skip, and he refused from further comments. Although I could see his juvenile brain was working on more of the same. John and Thomas seemed to be thinking along the same lines, according to their grinning faces. Carla was just shocked. Only at first, then she started to mumble something about us being liars, because there was police.

"Only officer in the city, as far as I know," I told her. Then I turned to Bart. "What have you done? Was that you shooting? Are you wounded? Get out of that car." I was pulling at the door handle. "We were just opening the door here. You need clean clothes! What were you thinking?" (Thomas came closer, looked the car over "Officer, my boss wouldn't allow that car around his place. I wouldn't know whom I could sell that thing to too. Your grid is gone. The trunk ... ) I wasn't listening to him. "Will you get out or not? Why is blood running down your face?" I asked Bart, who was still sitting in his seat.

I pulled at his arm. He came out. I pushed him back. Standing he was much taller than me and I wasn't able to take a thorough look at his head.

"Did you fall? Did they attack you? Did you bump your head on something?" I bend over to take a better look. It seemed Bart's eyes were a bit unsteady.

Skip had taken the first aid kit we had found hours ago and John the wet floor wipes. John cleaned Bart's head, Skip douched a gauze with something and handed it to me. I pressed it on the three little wounds which were so close together they could have been one wound. They looked like abrasions to me.

Bart laid his hand on my arm and squeezed it before he pulled it away.

"It's nothing," he said. "I just bumped my head, I didn't even know I was bleeding. What is your plan here?" He tried to distract me and got out of the car. He looked around.

"Looking for a new car, Officer?" Thomas asked him. "That one might serve you." He pointed to a pick-up truck on the next parking. Bart looked his car over, looked at the truck Thomas had pointed at and nodded.

"You guys can do that later!" I snapped. "Now we get food. And plates and cutlery. And some pans and things. Bart, you and John stay here. Carla, you come with Skip, Thomas and me inside. Bart, if the alarm sounds, you get in the big van. Do you have stuff you want to keep in that car of your's? (I didn't wait for his answer) Then get it in the van. Thomas, open the door."

Thomas took the crowbar and set it in the crack of the door. Skip and I positioned ourselves behind him, and I pulled Carla behind me.
 
Still shaken, head fuzzy I headed to my car, or what was left of it. Entrails hung from the windshield wipers. Green blood smeared the windshield. The fender and the hood badly bent. It was a miracle that the car had kept running. I should have taken the patrol car, but it was low on fuel, and instead of syphoning fuel from this car I had just hot-wired it. I'd not always been a policeman.

I pulled my bag from the car then checked the glovebox for anything left from the owner. A map was the only thing in there. I took it, it might be useful as we travel further afield. Throwing my bag into the back of the truck I jumped up after it and grabbed a bottle of water. Drinking deeply I sit down where I can watch the approaches to the rear of the team. With John watching the from the front we had the area covered. After my earlier display I didn't expect that there would be any company, but I'd already learned today that it wasn't good to take chances. I'd stretched my luck already today. I wasn't about to take any more chances, especially not with Ria as part of the team. Even fuzzy headed I knew she was out of character. I appreciated it while it lasted, but for ever practical Ria once she ensured I wasn't terminal, it was back to work. After safety food was the priority, she was right of course.

My mind turned to the others back on the street. With the help of the team at the Knight we had improved the defences of the street, but they were far from adequate. Mobilising the group would be a challenge. Frank and his mother locked in their high security apartment would never move, but their home would make a good and defensible position, but escape options were limited to non-existent. We need to create a number of outer perimeters that can be defended and if needed fall back to the next position. If possible the fallback would be through a narrow gap that would channel any attackers into a killing field. I needed to work with the Hunter when I got back to put some plans together.

The coast quiet I walked over to the pick-up looking it over. The zombie clearance was certainly an improvement and given the steady stream of water running from my car I didn't have much of a choice. I walked back over to the back of the van. It was quiet out there. No movement in any direction I could see. Maybe I was still high on adrenaline but I felt uneasy. I looked round the van to John made eye contact, made the OK sign with my right hand. OK came back with a half-smile. I waked back to my position. Maybe I was just a little jumpy, but I wished the others would hurry up, they been gone for what seemed an age. I was keen to be out of the open, it had already been a long day.
 
Team one
At the Pancake House

Thomas pressed on the crowbar and nothing happened. He pressed harder and the door cracked open. All were looking at Thomas and the door; even Bart and John. We kept our breath; only Carla was muttering something. I closed my eyes when I listened closely to her mumblings. “Pray for us in the hour of our death” I heard.

No alarm sounded, no light started to flash and after a minute I took a deep breath.

“In!” I commanded them.

We were standing in a hall, with three doors on it and a bunch of crates and boxes along one wall. Some were empty; some had empty containers in them. Thomas took one, and so did I. I opened a door to my right, and had found the kitchen. It was dark inside. We hadn’t thought of that, and Skip groped around at the wall beside the door and lights flared up. I scanned the room, it was big, a big stove in the middle, worktops around it against the walls, shelving standing at one side of the stove, not against a wall, a double swinging door behind it; the cooks would put the plates there, I thought, and the waiters would enter through the doors. Quickly we entered and headed for a double door refrigerator. Gallons of milk and cream, packs of butter, packets of bacon and ham, eggs and much more.

Skip and Thomas still were already packing bacon and eggs and other stuff in a crate.
Carla had found g a trolley with containers, boxes, big tins sealed into plastic by six, packages –sugar, salt I saw, tins with pineapple, syrup- I wondered how she had been able to load it so quickly, when it dawned on me they kitchen staff must have brought that in on Saturday afternoon, to prepare for Sunday. Carla was still mumbling a prayer. I loaded some gallons of milk on it, Carla added tins, sacks of apples lying on a worktop. Soon the trolley was very full and we started to push it out.

On my way out, I noticed an opening beside the door we entered into the kitchen, and took a look. It was a room with a dish washing machine, lots of shelving, some pots and pans on it, stacks of different sized plates.

"That is next, Carla."

Skip followed us with a very large -according to his puffing also very heavy- container.

John and Bart now were keeping a look out. They only turned their heads a moment when we came out. An anxious look at first, followed by a smile when they recognized us. Skip and Carla entered the van, and started to stack the things I handed them. The tins I had to take out of the sealing, they were absolutely too heavy for me to lift all six of them at once. A big container with honey passed through my hands, tins with applesauce, as big as the pineapple ones were, and other things.

As soon as the trolley was empty, I pushed it back into the kitchen, loaded the crates Thomas had packed on it and rolled it out again. Into the dishwasher room. The plates were stacked in metal frames I saw. Handy. Not only for the cooks, but for me too. I took one with very big plates –very heavy- two with smaller plates. Carla came in, and packed containers with cutlery on the trolley.

“Why do you need that?” She wondered loudly.

“No noise!” I hissed, “There is only some plastic stuff in the Knight,” I explained. “Nearly forty people need to eat now, with you two, but how if we don’t have plates and stuff?” I sounded desperate, even if I was whispering.

She didn’t say a word, pointed at other shelves; glasses and cups were stacked there. She looked quizzingly at me and when I nodded, she started to load some on the trolley. She pushed it out, while I returned to the main kitchen with a big pot. A smaller one I had filled with towels and set beside the door.

Thomas was filling a waste-bin with something. I packed sugar dispensers –filled to the brim- which were standing on a tray, into the pan, added some ladles and spoons which were hanging on a rack above the stove, pushed them in-between the sugar-pots to keep them from rattling, some kitchen knifes and whisks too; when suddenly I screamed.

A man was standing in the now open swinging doors. A woman and a girl –both with a big kitchen-knife- held them open. The man had a baseball-bat. I slapped my hand on my mouth, to stop my scream.

“Out!” The man snapped in a low voice. “Go! You are scum! Looters! Out!”

“Not again!” Thomas hissed. He turned, spread his hands out before his body. “Sir, I am sure you have followed the news and know what has happened. We need the food for people we are responsible of. We are afraid help won’t come. We need food. We will take what we have, and leave.”

“No!” The woman screamed. “You wont take anything! As soon as my husband arrives with my other daughter, we need it ourselves!”

I saw the man, -an older man, sixty-something, very tired and desperate looking but also very confident and feeling in command- close his eyes at that.

“Carol, Tim hasn’t made it to the Knight Library. Miss Summers told you he hasn’t arrived. We …” He couldn’t finish his sentence because I stepped forward.

“You have a daughter you think is in the Knight? In Miss Summers class?” I asked the woman. “What is her name?” I asked her when she nodded tentatively.

“Sandra. Sandra Jonson,” the girl said when her mother didn’t answer. I looked at Thomas, who shrugged his shoulders.

“Yep,” came silently from the door. Skip had entered, with John who had his catapult high up. “I heard her call one of the girls Sandra,” Skip said. “So you will be helping us now? Instead of attract zombies? You know the backdoor is open, don’t you? “

“Yes, Sir,” Thomas added, “the backdoor is very much open. You won’t be safe here anymore. Are you alone here? You are not the owner, I know him, sold him a car a few weeks back. So you have as much right to the stuff here as we do.”

“We are the weekend cleaners,” the man said. “We work here, and have more right to be here than you.” The woman had turned bright red, when he had said they were the cleaners. I wondered why. Then I remembered the classes were not from here, but from a place several miles away. And wondered a bit more.

“Are you with one or two cars here?” I asked them.

“One, my pickup-truck,” the man said. “I always park it on the next parking, not on the one here, otherwise we would have made a run for it.”

“Never run,” Skip said. “Only when quick ones are hunting you. The slow ones won’t notice you if you walk slowly enough. Make a nice fire before you start to walk among them, and nothing will happen to you. Carla,” he said a bit louder, “tell the officer everything is okay, but he needs to pick another car.” I grinned at that.

John picked up a carton. “Put the stuff at the door, Skip, you haul it into the van, when it is full, you, Thomas and I will get the pickup and a car for Bart, and bring them over to load them. Hurry folks, time is running.”

The man pulled his eyebrows up at that, but leaned his head in acknowledgement.

“Okay. Ann, you get the dirty dishes-baskets and put things so in them you can stack them. Start at the bar, the bottles, salt and pepper, coffee and that. Carol, you take the dishwashing baskets and fill them in the storage room. Make sure you are able to stack them. I will take some crates and follow you with this lady here, and the two guys can take the crates and trolley when they are loaded.”

In the hall he took a crate, turned and wanted to empty the milk gallons onto the kitchen floor. I put my hand on his arm.

“Don’t do that, we might need those. They would make very nice Molotovs for example. Or we could store water in them, gas, or whatever. Thomas and Skip will stack them in between things. And they will get more plates and cutlery until we have filled some crates. I am Ria.” I added as an afterthought. The girl had gone back into the restaurant, so she was called Ann, and Carol was her mother.

“I am Vincente Dilago. Vince for friends.” He looked at me inquiringly. “That doesn’t mean I see you as a friend, Maria,” he warned me.

“My name is Ria, Vincente, not Maria. What are friends? When is someone a friend? When he saves your life? When he buys you a rose?” I had followed him through a door, and was standing in a storage room now. Sacks with flour or pancake mix were lying on shelves, tins, packages, smaller sacks with cornflakes and cereals, chocolate my eyes couldn’t take it all in. At the back seemed to be a walk-in refrigerator.

“Molotov cocktails. Made out of one-gallon plastic milk jugs. Useless overkill,” he stated walking over to the fridge.

“No, they would be perfect. Stuff them almost full with cloth; drench it with gas. Throw it at some slow zombies, and as soon as the plastic melts and the cloth flames up, they will gather around it and set themselves alight.” We had entered the fridge and were packing bacon, ham, trays with eggs, butter, sliced toast bread and cream in the crates. I even saw a few small squares of yeast.

“They set themselves alight?”

I explained him what we had discovered. We brought the crates out, filled two more. We carried several big sacks with flour out, much lighter ones with cornflakes, and trays with tins. Carla, Skip and the little girl stacked it in the van. My arms, back and hands were protesting and I thought I never would be able to even lift a tissue, when we had a big stack beside the door where the crates had been.

It was time to get two cars. I prepared three Molotovs. New model. Bigger, more rags and more gas than we had used before. Two zombies were lying nearby. One was ambling around. A slow one. I looked at John, and he nodded. We both got our catapults out.

“My pistol is in my car. I just need to get it,” Vince said. “No need to make that one angry.” I heard some sniggering sounds. Skip, and Thomas, I thought. Bart moved over, and stood beside me, his hand on his pistol.

John and I both shot at the same time; the zombie fell down, didn’t move anymore.

“That is how we do it,” I explained Vince. “Noiseless. They love gunshots and come from all over the place to look who made the nice sounds. Now we make a pile,” I said as Thomas -carrying a sloshing jerrican-, Skip and Bart moved over to the first one, dragged it towards an other, douched them, set fire to them and added the third. Now three fires were burning around us, and some zombies who had been around the other parking came over. Carla hugged Carol and Ann.

“It is alright. They know what they are doing.” I wondered what had happened. What had Skip told her while they had been stacking our prize?

Thomas and Bart decided on a car for Bart.
 
Shower Time

In the shower while enjoying herself with Cassandra my thoughts started to wonder, (I can't remember having such a fun time ....in well just ages. After all the stress since the Zombies had come out, and the sad and angry times with Ryan. I'm I hardly think about him at all now, he was such a waste of my time. And of course there was that one time with Peter. Now, I am just going to live for today, enjoy what I can.... with of course a little planning for tomorrow.) Then I was back in the now, playing and enjoying our shower.

Laughing, giggling when Cassandra had finished washing me I told her,

“Thanks, my turn” ....then giggled “OH MY … I’m going to need more soap!”

I soaped up her magnificent breasts then turned around and wiggled my bum in her crotch. We had a great time playing and soaping all our body parts. One thing lead to another and before I knew it she was rubbing me in all the right places, I moaned shutting my eyes as we continued. It wasn't long before I had a shuddering climax, leaving my body shaking and weak from it. When I finally got my breath back I turned to her with a great big smile on my face,

"I think it's your turn now Cassy....hope you don't mind me calling you Cassy."

I kissed her on the lips as my fingers sought out her pussy lips and slid past them to her inner folds. She was so very wet and slick, moaning as I rubbed her sensitive clit. I knew like me, it wasn't going to take long at all before she too would explode in a shattering climax. As she got closer her hand reached for my pussy again...wanting to make me cum again with her. We got wild after that rubbing and kissing and moaning. It wasn't long before the both of us were crying out as our pussies climaxed and spasmed in sync with each other.

Once we caught our breath we looked at each other and started to laugh both of us wanting to talk at the same time.

"You know I love men....haha...I know you do too....haha...." We stopped and laughed again, "But I want you to know, this was great....really great , I still love men....."

We both kept on laughing as we stepped out of the shower grabbed some towels and started to dry off. Finally as we got dressed I looked up at Cassandra smiling as I said,

"You know I do love men, but if ever I need some soft loving, I just may come to you ..."

I bent slightly and kissed her on the cheek, then added,

"Let's go get something to eat and find out what is going on out there!"
 
Well … it was Peter’s lucky day! After a shower and sex … I was not so mad at him anymore. I still think Derry and I needed to talk to Peter. Hell … All of team 2 and team 1 needed to talk to him, to understand the rules of engagement. But I did not want to hit him anymore ... So I guess that was a good thing.

Derry and I opened the shower room door and I noticed Scotty Glen moving off in a funny hurry. I bent my head and smiled to myself. Then I turned to Derry and concluded “We might have been a bit too loud in there … I think Scotty overheard us!” Derry and I giggled. “MEN!” we both said together.

We made it down to the first floor, and found some bar nuts we were allowed to eat. While we were eatting them ... we saw Max. We were both smiling at this time.

“Thanks Max … the shower did the trick … I feel 100% better …can we help put the food away or something? Also any word from team 1? Do we need to help them?” I asked.
 
Team one
Getting cars …


It was very crowded in the protective space between the cars with all of us standing there. Thomas had pointed out a few cars to Bart, and they had decided on a pick-up truck on the other side of the main road. The distance between this and Vince’s car was about 500 meters. I looked back and forth between them, trying to reach a decision.

“There are other cars near Vince’s,” I said, “We go for that one first.” The men protested a bit, the other one was closer to where we were. I shook my head. “First we’ll start a fire over there, drain gas, fill Vince’s tank and push the truck over here. Carla, Carol and Ann go inside and get more stuff. Empty the personnel’s locker-room. Get cleaning utensils, more food. Plates and stuff. Bart and Skip keep watch. Then Carla, Carol and Ann load the car while Vince and I keep watch. Then we load Bart’s new car and get over to the Knight.”

I moved out from between the cars, a big Molotov in my hand and the lighter in the other, Skip followed me with the two -now once again empty- jerricans in one hand, two golf irons in the other; Thomas had his iron and the tube in one and a plastic garbage sack which he had filled with empty containers.

Vince hesitated a bit, started to follow us as we all froze because we heard gunshots quite nearby. All zombies started to move towards the sound. It didn’t stop, shot after shot sounded. Even two burning zombies tried to run, and one already on the ground started to crawl towards the left were the shots came from.

Then a car roared. The noise moved away from us. I relaxed and breathed. Then the noise of the roaring engine and the loud bangs of gunshots came nearer.

“Between the cars!” I yelled. In seconds we were back in cover, Bart already was pushing Ann and Carol into the pancake house, Carla climbed up the roof of the van, as did Vince. I crouched behind Bart’s car, peering through the rear windows. John beside me, Skip and Thomas behind me. I felt some stirring behind me, and then Bart was at my other side. The car was coming nearer, over the parking where Vince’s car stood, drove the fence between the two parking places down, slithered a bit, when it was over it, roared loud in passing us and nearly slipped when the driver turned the wheel to enter the main road. Out of the rear window someone was shooting; bullets were flying everywhere.

Carla yelped, Vince made soothing sounds, Bart’s hand was on my back; in his other he had a mean looking pistol. A flock of zombies came running after the car.

“At least the dumbasses are still firing,” Bart hissed in my ear. “They will draw all zombies from miles around.” That they did exactly this I noticed shaking. Zombies kept running past us. For ages.

We still heard shots when we couldn’t hear the engine anymore. And still zombies were passing us. Slow ones. More were around us than when we arrived here. A few were more attracted by the fires than by the gunshots so far away now and some started to amble around on the parking places and the road.

Thirty mostly agitated zombies I counted. Those were the ones very close to us. Those that kept moving around us, coming closer all the time, even if we didn’t make a sound. I lighted the Molotov I had hold onto and rolled it through the small gap between the cars. Not far from us it melted, and two zombies were attracted by the big flame which shot up high in the air. I shot one in the head. It fell on top of the fire. John and I shot the second one. I shot at other zombies until I ran out of bolts. John did the same. A lot had fallen down, some were getting up already. Luckily they were too stupid to look what had hit them and where it had come from. Suddenly the zombie that had smothered the fire -as I thought it had- flared up. Skip and Thomas had been fumbling around behind me and suddenly they were throwing some more Molotovs between the horrors.

Things seemed to calm down after that. Some more were alight and stumbled into others, because they were still agitated. Those further away seemed to calm down, ambled away from us, still heading for the direction we last heard the gunshots come from.

“Get in the cars. We need to go. We will drive over to Vince’s car and he can follow us. Bart, we will get you one on the road back to the Knight. Now in everyone!”

“We need gas,” Thomas warned me as Vince let Carla down from the roof. “I drained from our cars to make those last firebombs.” I cursed silently. “Don’t do that,” he chuckled, “We have enough. But we need more. The streets behind us will be empty from zombies.” I gasped hard. Now I thought I knew why those horrors had kept so close. Carla was bleeding. Around her thigh was the shirt Vince had been wearing and the clear blue had turned very dark. She leaned against the van, her face ashen. I moved over to her as Vince let himself down. By his hands, along the side of the van. Slowly he stretched his arms, on his back muscles rippled and silently his feet reached the ground.

“Don’t worry, she will survive fine. It is only a graze,” he said to no one in particular. “Get in hun, you are doing great.” He helped her in the van while John, Bart and I pushed Bart’s car out of the way and Skip called Coral and An.

After a few minutes we were all seated and Carol had closed the door of the restaurant as good as she could.

Thomas drove slowly, nocked over a few zombies still standing and moments later we hobbled over the fence, and Thomas killed the engine beside Vince’s car. Carol climbed out, opened the door of the truck, Ann shoved from my lap to her grandfather’s lap, climbed down, got in beside her mother and then Vince followed.

Thomas would be leading the way, then the van and Vince would make the rear. Plan was I would text the Knight now, to tell them we would be arriving in about half an hour and needed all hands on deck, and Cassandra and Derry on the roof, if they had any arrows left.

First it had been so cramped on the backseat, I was clenched in between to pairs of man's thighs, now only Bart was sitting beside me. It still felt kind of cramped to me ...
 
Norah
At the Knight


I had planned to work on some ideas I had, about the semaphore, about a ship’s intern communications -with the tubes one sees sailors use in the movies; I thought that might work inside the Knight since it was a huge building and just screaming didn’t reach far- about solar power, about water –if we had a supply, how to get it from here to there and what about the used water and our waste if the sewers would stop working?- but I didn’t had much time to concentrate on it, too much had been happening. In the early afternoon I got a text from John, telling me to contact Cramer.

He seemed to be a kind man and I felt quite at ease with him, and very uneasy at the same time. I steadied myself and looked for him. Finally I found him in front of a window, keeping a look-out. I greeted him. He didn’t turn. I scraped my throat to greet him again, a bit louder this time when he turned.

“John texted me with an idea Ria had,” I plunged forward, “She wants to know if you could grow vegetables inside the Knight, what kind, what would you need, could you supervise the children in attending to it, start a compost, would you join the team when they go over to the garden center tomorrow, do you know how to use a chainsaw, can you direct the direction a tree falls in, and …” I stopped, because he had opened his mouth a few times and closed it again. Now he held up his hand in the stop-sign, smiling.

“An idea of Ria’s? Seems like quite a lot of ideas to me. Well, let me see. Of course we could grow vegetables inside, people grow plants inside their homes all the time, don’t they? I think beans would do well around the main stairs, the round one. They would climb up against the bannister. Would look nice too, some green inside. Lettuce would do fine in fairly shallow containers, tomatoes could be planted in front of windows, a plant a time if need be, in small containers. What else did she want to know?”

I had been taking notes on my block and looked up at him. “Compost?” He grinned and said he had already started one on the roof, this morning.

“Just a very small heap now, I am afraid, but it will grow soon enough if we have to clean vegetables and peel potatoes. I would like some dirt to mix in, no worms in it now. I could supervise the children, maybe we could give them responsibility for a small ‘garden’ each, they would like that I think, feel in charge over something. What else … The raid to garden center … Yes. I would join them.” He sighed.

“I am not looking forward to it, but I could go with them. What else was there?”

“Chainsaw?” I said tentatively. I never have liked these loud things.

“Yes, I do know how to use them and I know how to direct a tree I am felling. Why would she want to know that? If we need firewood, it doesn’t matter much how a tree falls, does it?”

I thought for a moment. “Something with a defense line around the Knight, I think. She was talking about that yesterday, using trees and treetops to block off the windows from the outside and trunks to steer the zombies away from the building?” He was still for a few moments. Then he slowly nodded his head two times.

“That makes sense. I suppose I should volunteer for that.” He ended a bit bitter. I kept my eyes on my block.

“Oh well, cheer up little girl, lets have a look at which trees would do best, shall we? You draw a map of it so I know what to do when it is time. From above it looks different then from below. It would take me more time to figure it out. (he had put his hand on the low of my back and was steering me away; I was mortified and strangely happy at the same time) Normally I mark the trees I need to fell beforehand. A bit difficult now …”

He kept chattering about trees for a while until we had climbed up onto the roof; we then looked at the trees and discussed which one would have to land where to be most effective. We were disturbed by my phone. It was John, telling me they had found an enormous amount of food, three people, that they were hiding a bit because some zombies were around. I told Cramer, who smiled at me and assured me they would be fine when the phone beeped again. “Tell Summers we found Sandra Jonson’s mum & sis.” I nearly dropped the phone. Cramer put his arm around, pulled me in a tight hug.

“What happened? Was it John? Nothing has happened to him then! Don’t cry honey …” I hadn’t realized tears were running over my face! I just held the phone so that he could read the message.

“That is a happy family then,” he said a bit bitter. “I hope more of us get a message like that. Now shush, Norah dear, it will be alright. (My face was against his chest, I felt and heard his heartbeat and he rubbed my back …) Come on, lets find Miss Summers and tell her the good news. It will be hard on the other children though …”

I sobbed a bit more at that, and he rubbed a bit more … He has long arms I realized, he could easily reach my bum which he was patting with one hand. When I calmed down we climbed down the stairs. We told Peter what had happened and he told us Miss Summers had locked herself in. Then he wanted to know how much food they had found and when they would be coming back. I told him I didn’t know.

We started to walk away, when Peter got a message. “Come back!” he yelled. “The other group has found food and are coming back. Tell everyone to come to the doors!” Cramer turned then. “Now you open the doors? And why didn’t you when Cassandra needed help?”
 
I couldn't help but wonder about the crazies in the pickup that had passed us. Like the pied piper leading all the zombies away. Ripping up the street shooting. Law and order seems to be hanging in the balance. It was definitely time to make some alliances with the remaining survivors. The Knight group that I'd met so far seemed fairly straight and dependable. An alliance would help us both, the doctor and some military know-how from me and a fit and active scavenger team from the knight. We could definitely work together. I planned to pass on the walkie-talkies for emergency contact. They would be good for as long as the power was available, then we needed to find some generators if we wanted power. The grid wouldn't last for ever. We would need a raider team to go further afield soon. We needed to prepare for the long term.

The back of the car was cramped. My knees pressing into the back of the seat in front. For all the discomfort Ria was sat next to me. It made the journey much more pleasant. My shoulder was aching from my battle with the car. I reached Out putting my arm over the back of the chairs. My stomach tightened, and I felt like a teen-ager again. Ria probably didn't notice, she was wrapped up ensuring the team were ready to receive the spoils of the raid and making sure the team knew how to arrange the cars to make the most efficient delivery. When she didn't react to my arm stretched out behind her I relaxed.

With nothing to do I closed my eyes. Sleep soon found me.

Zombies clawing at me. Their fingers grabbing my shoes as I try to run to the car. They grab my ankle. The strong grip burning my skin. As I look down I can see the hand melting my flesh. The skin dissolves, the flesh melts away. The pain searing through my body. I try to wrench away. It holds me fast. Another grips my shoulder, strong fingers ripping at my flesh, the zombie hand clenching onto my collar bone. In slow motion I can feel the bone bend to breaking point. The pain is blinding. My eyes are losing focus on the car, it's still fifty yards away. I not going to make it. The pain too much I fall to the floor. I feel, I smell the vile breath of one of them his mouth open wide, yellow teeth bared, green saliva running from his mouth. The guttural hiss escaped from its mouth, his teeth baring down on my throat. I feel the rabid mouth on me! The teeth ripping at my neck, crushing my windpipe. I can't breath, I cant breathe, I can't stand the pain
 
Back
Top