Just been circumcised (help)

It won't be high.
I know when I was in school in the 80's I was the only one that was cut (I had a medical issue when born....not religious or anything cultural). Now that I'm older asking if people my age are cut or not will not be an easy conversation to have!

Something like 15%

You can see the statistics here
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Primarily a developing country phenomenon.

Something like 15%

You can see the statistics here
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Primarily a developing country phenomenon.

Reading further into the article its down to 3% in the UK.
That seems like a really high number to me...Your initial 15% near had me :eek:

As an aside I think it was Phimosis that was the reason I was chopped... Not really sure as its never been a point to bring up. *shrug*

You are right, it seems like mutilations of newborns are pretty low.

On the other hand, it is hard for me to believe that number, given that Mohammed and the variants of that name together is the most popular "British" name.

Could it be, that the 3,8% are the ones performed in a controlled setting, and does not include what is done in the private sector and on the kitchen table?

Last edited:
You are right, it seems like mutilations of newborns are pretty low.

On the other hand, it is hard for me to believe that number, given that Mohammed and the variants of that name together is the most popular "British" name.

Could it be, that the 3,8% are the ones performed in a controlled setting, and does not include what is done in the private sector and on the kitchen table?

The other question is 'How many happen in another country while on holiday' like the amazing amount of female mutilations that have been in the news of late.

But back to the OP....I hope he saw a Doc.

But then I would have expected him to have explained all this in excruciating detail BEFORE the procedure.
I had a toenail removed about 2 years ago and had an hour long appointment explaining what was going to happen and what I needed to do...In graphic detail..
I would have expected this to have been MUCH MORE.

Back